Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GanGan "Don't Forget FMA": Comments from fans to fav FMA characters! (Comment submission has been closed)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga > FMA Manga Spoiler Zone
Pages: 1, 2
Michiyo-
There's a special project, "Don't forget Fullmetal Alchemist" on Gangan Online:
I'd like to know what's this project about, so can someone translate the page please? smile.gif
Also, there's a Roy-tachi pic drawn by Arakawa there, but I don't know how to get it.

ETA: (by Tombow)

Program Details:
* There will be 6 periods, each period with different group of FMA characters.
* In each period fans can write a very short message (less than 20 Japanese/English letters) to that period's character and send it to GanGan via GanGan's official on-line site.
* You can send your messages as many times as you'd like, to any or all of the characters specified for the period, but each message must be submitted separately.
* You can use English or Japanese, as long as your message does not exceed Max char limit.
* After the closing date, GanGan will list all the messages sent from fans for that period's characters, and also reveal the full size pic of the drawing of that period's group by Arakawa-sensei.

=======

1st period: Thursday Aug. 12, 2010 ~ Wed. Aug. 18, 2010 (1 week) : Brave Fighters of the Military (Roy Mustang, Riza Hawkeye, Maes Hughes, Jean Havoc, Vato Falman & Heymans Breda, Alex Lis Armstrong & Kain Fuery)

See Intro MMV and Arakawa's drawing for this group.

Read messages from fans (Japanese)

===

2nd period: Thursday Aug. 19, 2010 ~ Wed. Sept. 1, 2010 (2 weeks) : Visitors from Xing (Lin Yao, Ranfun, Who/Foo)

See Intro MMV and Arakawa's drawing for this group

===

3rd Period: Thursday Sept. 2, 2010 ~ Wed. Sept. 15, 2010 (2 weeks) : Great Warriors (Olivier Mira Armstrong, Scar, Solf J. Kimblee, Miles & Buccaneer)

===

4th Period: Thursday Sept.16, 2010 ~ Wed. Sept. 29, 2010 (2 weeks) Homunculi: (Father, Pride, Lust, Greed, Envy, Sloth, Gluttony, & Wrath)

===

5th Period: Thursday Sept.30, 2010 ~ Wed. Oct. 13, 2010 (2 weeks) Lovable Company: For the 5th group, we have those who had supported and comforted, and fought with Ed & co., Winry, May, Hohenheim, & Pinaco. (words translated from Message Submission page)

===

6th Period: Thursday Oct. 14, 2010 ~ Wed. Oct. 28, 2010 Elric Brothers: Ed and Al

If you are interested in sending your quick message/shout-out to Ed/Al, here is how:

You can send as many messages as you like, to any or all of characters in the group, but each message must be submitted separately.

Note: Use Google or other on-line translators to compose short Japanese message, or you can send your message in English also.

First, click on the link below to open the Message Submission box.
Currently accepting messages (closed)

Then...

(1) Pick one character you would like to send your short message to by checking one on Message Submission box:

Characters in this group are... listed below as they appear (in Japanese) on the message box:
Ed.............Al

(2) Enter message on the blank line (Max 20 char, Japanese, or English)

(3) Enter your nickname in the blank box (Max 7 char, Japanese or English)

(4) When done, click on the upside-down triangle at the bottom.

That takes you to the Confirmation Page (in Japanese)

Confirmation Page looks like this:
6th Period Message

Send your message to Elric Brothers!

(1) Character you're sending message to:
xxxxxx (charcter you selected would be shown here)

(2) Your message:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (message you entered would be shown here)

(3) Your nickname:
xxxxxxx (your nickname would be shown here)

Disclaimer: GanGan editor holds the right to edit/eliminate messages deemed unsuitable, blah blah...

*if everything seems fine to you, then click on the Right side button at the bottom to send the message.
(Clicking on the Left side button would take you BACK to the previous Message Composing box.)

(5) After you submit the message you can download the comical Ed/Al Twitter wallpaper (4 sizes)

===

How to send the message: General instruction. (For more info please see Period 6 above for step-by-step instructions.)
On the above linked page, if you click on the RED BOX at the top Right part (inside the top box) that will open the window where you can choose one character and send your message to that character. (From Tombow's post below. ^^)
After you pick who you want to send the message to, you leave a message of a max of 20 characters and then your name has to be 7 or less characters. Afterwards, you get to preview the message and you can submit. Once you complete, you get to download a specialized Twitter wallpaper. (From Kale Mustag's post below ^^)
mellulah
QUOTE (Michiyo- @ Aug 13 2010, 01:43 AM) *
And there's a special project, "Don't forget Fullmetal Alchemist" on Gangan Online:
http://www.square-enix.com/jp/magazine/gan...e/event/hagane/
I'd like to know what's this project about, so can someone translate the page please? smile.gif
Also, there's a Roy-tachi pic drawn by Arakawa there, but I don't know how to get it.

Very interesting, seems like they might be releasing a new drawing every month or so just to keep us fond and give us somehing new to look at. At least thats what I think it is, nice idea is it is. I love new art smile.gif.
Tombow
QUOTE (Michiyo- @ Aug 13 2010, 04:43 AM) *
And there's a special project, "Don't forget Fullmetal Alchemist" on Gangan Online:

It's a collection of short messages from fans to the characters specified for each period, plus drawing of these characters by Arakawa-sensei.

* There will be 6 periods, each period with different group of characters, I guess.
* The first group is Roy and the gang at military: Roy, Riza, Havoc, Breda, Falman, Hughes, Fuery, & Alex.
* Fans will pick one character out of these, then write a very short message (less than 20 Japanese/English letters) to the character and send it to GanGan on-line during the set period.
* The first period is Thursday Aug. 12, 2010 ~ Wed. Aug. 18, 2010
* And then (after the closing date for the each period, I guess) GanGan will list the messages sent from fans on the site.

(On the above linked page, if you click on the first RED BOX on the Right side that's around the chest part of the shadow pic of Roy on the top box, that will open the window where you can choose one character and send your message to that character)

1st period: Thursday Aug. 12, 2010 ~ Wed. Aug. 18, 2010 (1 week) Roy, Riza, Havoc, Breda, Falman, Hughes, Fuery, & Alex.
2nd period: Thursday Aug. 19, 2010 ~ Wed. Sept. 1, 2010 (2 weeks) Lin Yao, Ranfun, Who
3rd Period: Thursday Sept. 2, 2010 ~ Wed. Sept. 15, 2010 (2 weeks) Olivier Mira Armstrong, Scar, Solf J.Kimblee, Miles & Buccaneer
4th Period: Thursday Sept.16, 2010 ~ Wed. Sept. 29, 2010 (2 weeks) Homunculus
5th Period: Thursday Sept.30, 2010 ~ Wed. Oct. 13, 2010 (2 weeks) TBA
6th Period: Thursday Oct. 14, 2010 ~ Wed. Nov. 3, 2010 (2 weeks) TBA, TBA
Kale Mustang
QUOTE (Tombow @ Aug 13 2010, 03:12 AM) *

It's a collection of short messages from fans to the characters specified for each period, plus drawing of these characters by Arakawa-sensei.

* There will be 6 periods, each period with different group of characters, I guess.
* The first group is Roy and the gang at military: Roy, Riza, Havoc, Breda, Falman, Hughes, Fuery, & Alex.
* Fans will pick one character out of these, then write a very short message (less than 20 Japanese letters) to the character and send it to GanGan on-line during the set period.
* And then (after the closing date for the each period, I guess) GanGan will list the messages sent from fans on the site.

(On the above linked page, if you click on the first RED BOX on the Right side that's around the chest part of the shadow pic of Roy on the top box, that will open the window where you can choose one character and send your message to that character)

1st period: Thursday Aug. 12, 2010 ~ Wed. Aug. 18, 2010 (1 week) Roy, Riza, Havoc, Breda, Falman, Hughes, Fuery, & Alex.
2nd period: Thursday Aug. 19, 2010 ~ Wed. Sept. 1, 2010 (2 weeks) Characters To Be Announced later
3rd Period: Thursday Sept. 2, 2010 ~ Wed. Sept. 15, 2010 (2 weeks) TBA
4th Period: Thursday Sept.16, 2010 ~ Wed. Sept. 29, 2010 (2 weeks) TBA
6th Period: Thursday Oct. 14, 2010 ~ Wed. Nov. 3, 2010 (2 weeks) TBA

I actually just sent my message for Roy. tongue.gif

Anyways, after you pick who you want to send the message to, you leave a message of a max of 20 characters and then your name has to be 7 or less characters. Afterwards, you get to preview the message and you can submit. Once you complete, you get to download a specialized Twitter wallpaper.

Also, the Roy-tachi pic is only as big as the little box. Hopefully they'll release a wallpaper version of it.

Random note, here's my desk space at work at the moment.
A Pierrot's Aria
second image on the don't forget FMA tribute is up, for those who are keeping up with it! happy.gif This time it's Ling and Lan Fan.
Edamame
A Pierrot's Aria: Is that the actual image size? They seem like they should be so much larger. I have attempted to click on the image of Roy and the military gang as well as the image of Ranfan and Ling, but nothing appears to be happening. I see a link where you can write a tiny message to Ling, Fu, or Ranfan, but I would love to know if these "Don't Forget" images are full-size.

~I am highly amused that Hagaren has a Twitter account...
Tombow
QUOTE (Edamame @ Aug 20 2010, 11:44 AM) *
A Pierrot's Aria: Is that the actual image size? They seem like they should be so much larger. I have attempted to click on the image of Roy and the military gang as well as the image of Ranfan and Ling, but nothing appears to be happening. I see a link where you can write a tiny message to Ling, Fu, or Ranfan, but I would love to know if these "Don't Forget" images are full-size.

@Edamame - The image of Roy & the gang there on "Don't Forget Fullmetal Alchemist!" page on Square Enix site does not seem to be a clickable image. But... the site says that they will "reveal" submitted messages for the first period (the ones for Roya & the gang) on Aug. 26, 2010, and I'm hoping that they may also put up the "full size" image of Arakawa-sensei's drawing of Roy & the gang at that time. smile.gif

ETA: LOL, we had exactly the same thought, A Pierrot's Aria!! biggrin.gif
A Pierrot's Aria
@Edamame They don't appear to be clickable yet, but I'm hoping that the whole images will be revealed at some time, if at all. happy.gif

Edit: Woopsie daisy, Tombow beat me to it. laugh.gif
A Pierrot's Aria
^Nah, I wasn't talking about the change of designer being good in the sense I want a different designer, rather, if there was a new "character designer" it may suggest that it's not live action. xD (And it seems that Amber1003 thinks this way too- at least, that's how I interpreted it!) But there's still always the chance that no-one takes over the character designing, increasing the chance of it being live action. That's all I meant by it. happy.gif

EDIT: The link to the image on the Don't Forget FMA tribute site is clickable now. It's a flash image and you can zoom up on each character on it. biggrin.gif And I'm pretty sure there's also a page full of comments from fans. happy.gif

Here's the full pic:

Click to view attachment

EDIT 2: Without the text...
Click to view attachment
Kaori Ayanami
Oh, God! Fuery got sparkles!
Icy12
"The art of cooking has been passed down the Armstrong family for generations!"
deet-tastic
I'm loving all this new stuff biggrin.gif

I love Arakawa.
KwiatekAlchemist
"The art of cooking has been passed down the Armstrong family for generations!"

HAHAHA xD

I absolutely love that picture biggrin.gif
Hoshino Hikari
Beautiful... I love it. (Is Riza the waitress? xD) Thank you very much!!
But, I didn't really understand, what is "Don't forget Fullmetal Alchemist" exactly?

The OVA looks great happy.gif Can't wait to see it!
Riza Ayano
Hey,they look so good..Thanks you because sharing it A Pierrot's Aria..
Roy***
Here are Fan messages for Roy's team!

http://www.square-enix.com/jp/magazine/gan...1/index_01.html
Kale Mustang
QUOTE (Roy*** @ Aug 27 2010, 10:43 AM) *

Cool and if anyone cares, my message to Roy's also posted on that page. tongue.gif
Roy***
QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Aug 27 2010, 12:15 PM) *
QUOTE (Roy*** @ Aug 27 2010, 10:43 AM) *

Cool and if anyone cares, my message to Roy's also posted on that page. tongue.gif

How did you post it? ohmy.gif
Michiyo-
@Roy***: You can't send a message to Roy and his team anymore. Read Tombow's post for more information about how this project works. The 2nd period is running now, where you can send message to Ling, Lan Fan or Fu. When a period is over, the messages will be posted on the site a week later. As I saw the messages for Roy and the others, you can write in English, too, those will be displayed as well. smile.gif
Kale Mustang
QUOTE (Roy*** @ Aug 27 2010, 12:18 PM) *

It was rather easy actually, but you can also try the google translate toolbar in Chrome and let it translate the fields for you if you're more comfortable with that (I didn't).

The main trouble I ran into when writing the message was the character constraints, as there's a maximum of 20 characters that you can fit.
Tombow
QUOTE (Roy*** @ Aug 27 2010, 03:18 PM) *

QUOTE (Tombow @ Aug 13 2010, 06:12 AM) *

* Fans will pick one character out of these, then write a very short message (less than 20 Japanese letters) to the character and send it to GanGan on-line during the set period.

2nd period: Thursday Aug. 19, 2010 ~ Wed. Sept. 1, 2010 (2 weeks) Characters To Be Announced later
3rd Period: Thursday Sept. 2, 2010 ~ Wed. Sept. 15, 2010 (2 weeks) TBA
4th Period: Thursday Sept.16, 2010 ~ Wed. Sept. 29, 2010 (2 weeks) TBA
6th Period: Thursday Oct. 14, 2010 ~ Wed. Nov. 3, 2010 (2 weeks) TBA
A Pierrot's Aria
Time to leave your message for the lovely Olivier, as well as Buccaneer, Miles and Kimblee (and I think, also, Scar) at the Don't Forget FMA site. tongue.gif No more messages can be given to Ling, Lanfan or Fu, and their little flash page/image will be available next Thursday on the 9th!
shanryelric
thanks a lot for the info!
Kale Mustang
QUOTE (A Pierrot's Aria @ Sep 1 2010, 10:04 PM) *
Time to leave your message for the lovely Olivier, as well as Buccaneer, Miles and Kimblee (and I think, also, Scar) at the Don't Forget FMA site. tongue.gif No more messages can be given to Ling, Lanfan or Fu, and their little flash page/image will be available next Thursday on the 9th!

Left three messages overall, one for Olivier, one for Miles, and one for Buccaneer. Considering leaving one for Scar, but not sure yet.

I wish I'd left more messages for the Mustang-tachi, but totally forgot to.
A Pierrot's Aria
Here's the sketch of Ling Yao, Ranfun Lanfan and Who Fu from the Don't Forget FMA site! happy.gif All of their fan messages are up, too!

Click to view attachment
Pyroclasm
Great picture. I have to agree with the general consensus; Riza's expression says what everyone is thinking.
Riza Ayano
love that picture..I don't know why everytime I saw Roy with moustache,feel want to cry T^T ohmy.gif ..err,I think Riza's hair is long in that picture smile.gif
A Pierrot's Aria
Not sure if anyone particularly cares about these sketches, but, here's the third one. ^^

Olivier and co, as well as Kimblee and Scar. Love the concept of this one; extreme cooking!

Click to view attachment

As always, all the fan messages are up on the Don't Forget FMA site, and the next ones for messages and a sketch are Father and the Homunculi.
Kasumisty
That one is particulary hillarious.
Pyroclasm
Ohmygod that picture is AWESOME! laugh.gif I couldn't stop giggling when I was looking at it! Thanks for posting it!
Riza Ayano
hahaha...The pic is really funny.I can't stop laughing.. laugh.gif
deet-tastic
I'm excited to see the Father/Homunculi photo
hawkflame
QUOTE (A Pierrot's Aria @ Sep 22 2010, 03:45 PM) *
Not sure if anyone particularly cares about these sketches, but, here's the third one. ^^

Olivier and co, as well as Kimblee and Scar. Love the concept of this one; extreme cooking!

Click to view attachment

That's like the most epic episode of Iron Chef ever.

As for the picture from Animage...

Ugh, that THING is still on Roy's lip! I'd almost rather have the cat whiskers or Armstrong mustache from the 4 koma omake.
shanryelric
ow man, too bad I haven't attend the one with father and the other homunculus!! =A= it's already closed now rite?
and thanks for those pictures, by the way!
Tombow
QUOTE (shanryelric @ Sep 25 2010, 02:06 PM) *
ow man, too bad I haven't attend the one with father and the other homunculus!! =A= it's already closed now rite?
and thanks for those pictures, by the way!

@shanryelric - You can still send the message. This one closes at the end of Thursday, Sept. 29, 2010 (Japan time.)

In case anyone would like to send messages, I added the step-by-step instructions on how to send the massage on the first post. biggrin.gif
Please see the 4th Period (Homuncluli) part on the first post of this thread for "how to" send your messages. smile.gif

---

QUOTE (A Pierrot's Aria @ Sep 22 2010, 03:45 PM) *

Extreme Iron Chefs

LOL, I love the pic and the "extreme cooking" concept! laugh.gif

btw....

Extreme Iron Chefs
Caption by Kimblee says "Buuuuuutiful."
And, on the right bottom part of the pic you see the signboard with the name of the restaurant that says "Ishbal-Inn." smile.gif
Hoshino Hikari
Thanks for the pictures.
Oh my God, Kimblee is totally hilarious! xD What an agitated cooking... Frightening!!
I wish I could have sent a message to Roy or his team. The last period will probably be with Ed and Al, won't it? I'd like to understand other people's messages, but in Japanese... It's quite difficult! Well, no matter, Don't Forget Fullmetal Alchemist is really great. Oh, and thank you very much for the instructions!
A Pierrot's Aria
@Tombow I'm sorry, I should have thought to make a new thread or something when I started posting the images! >.<;

But. yeah, I think the last one will be Ed and Al, possibly Winry, too. happy.gif I know what I would like it to be about, but I'll just have to wait, hope and see!
Tombow
^ @A Pierrot's Aria - Oh no no... that's what we (the board staff) is here for, and it's part of our job to constantly look out/look after for the forums and keep the forums nicely organized for our posters and visitors of the forums, by moving posts/threads to appropriate forums, etc., and if needed, like in this case, split the thread and make a new thread with a new thread topic, etc. And, in this case it really should have been me to do it since I'm the one who can read all the Japanese stuff on official GanGan site and hence could really understand all the details of this program... unfortunately, when this one was first brought to our attention, that's when I started being sick, and hence for the past one month or so I couldn't do lots of stuff I normally do to keep the board/forums going nicely. Sorry! T.T

@A Pierrot's Aria & Hoshino Hikari - I think you guys are right, and the last period will be probably Ed, Al, and possibly Winry?
I noticed that May was not in Xingese group. Maybe we see her in this period? xp
Also, I would love to see Hohenheim somewhere, and so.. he can be in this group also? ^^

...And, that means, I wonder who would be for the next period... trying to see which group hasn't been represented yet...
Maybe a group of all "other" characters? smile.gif

Anyway, since we still have a chance to send the message (till Sept. 29th Japan time), I'm soooo sending my shout-out to Bradley!!! biggrin.gif
(Or maybe to Greed. ^^)

mellulah
QUOTE (A Pierrot's Aria @ Sep 22 2010, 12:45 PM) *

Extreme Iron Chefs

As always, all the fan messages are up on the Don't Forget FMA site, and the next ones for messages and a sketch are Father and the Homunculi.

That's amazing heh heh, are they going to get more crazy? What's next for the homunculi? Crossdressing?
Tombow
I sent my message, and now I know more details on "how to" so...

Updated the "How to send messages" guide on the first post (see section for 4th period) with the English translations of the Message Composing page and Message Confirmation page. smile.gif
(You can send messages for the 4th period group till Sept. 29, 2010, Japan time.)

*For composing your message in Japanese, create very simple message in English, then you can use Google and other on-line translators, or you can send your message in English also.
A Pierrot's Aria
@Tombow Ah! I just thought for a moment I made some extra work for you guys. D:

Turns out the next round of comments go to Winry, Pinako, Mei and Hohenheim. The last one has got to be Ed and Al! xD

I'm also quite sure that it says the Homunculi picture will show up on October 7th...
Tombow
@A Pierrot's Aria - No worries. ^^ We have lots of volunteer team members kindly doing lots of works for our board to keep the board updated and organized, and I'm glad I can help with this one. And, I'm having fun. biggrin.gif

Speaking of, I updated (again xd) "how to send the message" guide (see 5th period) so that (hopefully) it's even more easier to follow step-by-step. xp

And yes, next group is Winry, May, Hohenheim, & Pinako.
I was just mentioning in my last post my desire to see Winry, May, and Hohenheim, and wondering if they were possibly in the last group. Good timing! Xd

I translated the name of this group as Lovable Company..or, I could have translated it as Lovable Companions and technically that would have been correct translations as well, I think. Just FYI. ^^

Anyway, (Warning! Series Final SPOILER ahead!) having Winry's famly (Winry, Pinako) and Ed & Al's family (Hohenheim) and May, in addition to the "family pic" from the last chapter, I think it's a pretty strong indication of what Arakawa thinks of, in terms of AlxMay? ^^

I already sent one message to Pinako! laugh.gif
We have 2 weeks to send our messages, and I'll probably try to send messages to Winry, May, and especially Hohenheim aslo! biggrin.gif

And yes, this means, the last group got be definitely, Ed and Al!
(If so, too bad we didn't get to see Izumi in this event.)
And yes, messages and Arakawa's drawing of Homunculus would be revealed on Oct. 7. smile.gif
Mellow
hmm, May being in the next group is interesting!

I can't wait for the homunculus image to be revealed!
A Pierrot's Aria
Homunculi Sketch. happy.gif

Click to view attachment

And as always, the fan messages are also up. laugh.gif
Pyroclasm
Hah, awesome Homunculi picture. Thanks, A Pierrot's Aria!
Tombow
Thank you, A Pierrot's Aria!! biggrin.gif

Is that Sloth's hand that's holding Selim? Whoa, I did not realise Sloth was that HUGE! tongue.gif

Looking forward to the next drawing also! happy.gif
Luxuria-Cat
The Xing picture is lovely....
Whoa. Sloth holding up Pride...that's kind of a cool/strange image. smile.gif
LOL x 100, Olivier and Scar cooking and fighting was so hilarious laugh.gif
Icy12
I really like the Homunculus sketch, but I was a little disappointed with the lack of Original Greed. But still awesome nonetheless.
Tombow
Last day to send your messages (English or Japanese) to Winry, May, Hohenheim, & Pinaco!!

- You can send your messages to any or all of them as many times as you like, but each message must be submitted separately. smile.gif

(See the first post of this thread section for more details and 5th period for step-by-step instruction on how to send messages. )

I'm sending my messages to May and Hohenheim today. biggrin.gif
A Pierrot's Aria
It definitely is just Ed and Al for the last round, as expected. happy.gif You can't see either of them on the little preview banner, as you can only see a cat. laugh.gif I wonder if it's a future pic? It might not be, but it'd definitely be nice.

The 5th round of messages and the sketch for Winry and co. will be up on the 21st. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.