Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Winner Announcement! Arakawa Appreciation Fanart Contest Results!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Site Support Center > Announcements & Site News > Fullmetal-alchemist.com News
ScarMySoul

Here we are, at last!

We have the Winner Announcement for Arakawa Appreciation fanart contest!

As our Prize team director for the contest has put it aptly: "Arakawa does not end her FMA series every month." ...indeed this contest was a special contest for our board, to celebrate the series conclusion of FMA manga and it's author's amazing work during the past Nine years. And, we are very grateful that our members have responded by graciously entering their amazing artworks for the contest!! You honored us by your overwhelming responses to the contest, with your amazing entries, in overall number of entries, and the quality of artworks entered. Thank you!!

In return, we have added some additional winning positions and Award for the contest, and also our Prize Director has come up with some additional Prizes to show our appreciation for your overwhelming responses to this contest. Please read on for further details. smile.gif

And now, without further delay, here are the winners of the contest....

General fanart category:

First, Second, Third, & Fourth place winners:

First place:

Cries of Ishval by DSender

Second place:

Alphonse Elric by Forsaken Love

Third place:

Saved By Bliss [EdxWinry] by Winry Chi

Fourth place:

One is Hiromu, All is Arakawa by Winry Chan

HONORABLE MENTIONS: (Listed in order as they appear on the entry list)

Lust and Gluttony (by Mysteria)

Fanart Fullmetal Love (by The Stubborn Alchemist)

fmafanart2.jpg (by mellulah)

Note: As previously noted during the announcement for the Finalists for this category, because of the closeness of the member voting results between the 3rd and 4th places, the Contest Committee has decided to place 4 finalists instead of 3 for this category, and accordingly, the Judging Panel has come up with winners for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th places, as well as Honorable Mentions.

Prizes: As previously announced, all the winning entries in this category, including Honorable Mentions will be displayed in our Gallery (scroll down toward the bottom for the Arakawa Appreciation Contest section), as well as in the Fanart forum and the Board Announcement forum with each respective distinctions.
And, as previously announced, there were no FMA prizes given for winners in this category, and hence the entries in this category were made purely for the joy of entering the contest (with the honor of having winning artworks displayed. ^^) As such, we very much appreciate the noble gesture by everyone who have entered their artworks to this category, and therefore....
Surprise!! We have decided to show our appreciations to members who have entered to this category, by providing small "Surprise FMA prizes" (small FMA merchandises) for ALL of the winners in this category including Honorable Mentions, in additions to the previously announced prizes!! They are, in most part, minimal FMA merchandise items. Nonetheless, our Prize Director did her best to match each winner with the prize item, based on the winner's fav FMA characters, etc. Though, winners will not know specifically what item each will receive till he/she opens the "gift" from us. ^^ Please read the Note at the end of this announcement for further information regarding this prize.

=====

"Thank You, Arakawa" category:

First, Second, & Third place winners:

First place:

Thank you, Arakawa-Sensei! by A Pierrot's Aria

Special Prize: As previously announced, the First place winner will receive Shounen Gangan issue 7 with complete chapter 108 (series final chapter) of FMA manga and Shounen GanGan FMA Manga Series Completion Memorial Clock

Second place:

Thanks Arakawa! by Dragneel

Special Prize: As previously announced, the Second place winner will receive an FMA pencil case.

Third place:

'Celebrating Arakawa Month!' by FullmetalFlame29

Special Prize: As previously announced, the Third place winner will receive a wrist band & a badge set.

Additional winners:

Fourth place:

Big thank you hug by Darklion

Fifth place:

THANK YOU, HIROMU ARAKAWA! by Nacchan

Sixth place:

THANK YOU HIROMU ARAKAWA by DSender

Seventh place:

Family Photo by Raichi

Eighth place:

Thank You, Arakawa! by methuselah.alchemist

Ninth place:

Thanks for Fullmetal Alchemist, Arakawa-sensei! by Sariachan

"Judge's Choice" Award winners:

Judge's Choice (Chiyo)

THANKYOU ARAKAWA-SENSEI by QueenTiria

Judge's Choice (ScarMySoul)

Thank you for everything, Arakawa! by MsLinn

HONORABLE MENTIONS: (Listed in order as they appear on the entry list)

Thank You, Arakawa! by S.F. Thunder

Thank You, Hiromu Arakawa by penguintruth

Thank you, Hiromu Arakawa! by Michiyo-

Thankyouarakawa contestcolor3.png by paca

Thankyou Arakawa! by Forsaken Love

thank you Hiromu Arakawa! by starfruit89

Thank-you Arakawa!.jpg by Broken Chouchou

THank you hiromu arakawa by Steff

Thank-You Arakawa by Riza_Mustang

Note: Because of the overwhelming number of entries we received in this category, in addition to the previously announced 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place winners, the Judging Panel has decided to name 4th through 9th place winners as well. In addition to the overwhelming number of entries we received, the quality of artworks for the entries were very high. Even after choosing 4th through 9th place winners there were still many more great artworks left that might have been placed in much higher winning positions, had the quality level of the entries not been this high and the contest not been this competitive. Therefore, in addition, the Judging Panel has named 11 additional entires as Honorable Mentions. Then, aside from the decisions as a whole as the Judging Panel, each Judge was given an option to pick one entry among the pool of all the Finalists plus entries in Honorable Mentions (minus the ones that are already named as one of 1st through 9th place winners) and name that entry as that individual judge's Judge's Choice, if that Judge would decide to exercise that option, and as a result two entries were chosen from Honorable Mentions, resulting in two Judges Choice Award winners, and 9 entries as Honorable Mentions.

Prizes: As previously announced, all the winning entries in this category, including Honorable Mentions will be displayed in our Gallery (scroll down toward the bottom for the Arakawa Appreciation Contest section), as well as in the Fanart forum and the Board Announcement forum with each respective distinctions.
And, as previously announced, 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place winners will receive additional optional Special FMA prizes as described in the contest detail.
ADDITIONALLY , the Contest Committee has decided to expand the Special "Surprise FMA prizes" to ALL winners in this category, including Honorable Mentions, as our way of saying thank-you for creating all these wonderful entries that are expressing their "thank-you" to Arakawa-sensei and FMA! Please read the Note at the end of this announcement for further information on this optional prize. ^^
In addition, as previously announced, ALL ENTRIES in this category will be sent to Japan, to Hiromu Arakawa, c/o Shounen GanGan through our "Thank-you letters/fanarts to Arakawa" project. (We're still preparing for the mailing package to Japan, please stay tuned for further announcement on "Thank-you letters/fanarts to Arakawa" project on this.)

Note regarding the optional "Surprise FMA prize": FMA prizes are, for the most part, small FMA merchandise items. Our Prize Director has prepared a variety of small FMA merchandises for this prize, and they will be sent to the addresses specified by the winners at our expenses (however, please understand that we'll not be held responsible for any mishaps, if any, caused by the carrier during the mailing ^^) if the winner chooses to accept this optional prize. This prize is optional, and each winner has the choice of accepting or declining this prize without affecting the winner's other winning distinction or other prize won. Also, the Contest Committee has the full list of the variety of small FMA merchandise items prepared for this contest, but each winner will not learn exactly which FMA merchandise item he/she has won until he/she opens the prize package from us. As such, please do NOT hound our contest staff, board staff, nor Prize Director with PM asking to reveal the item. Please take this as a "surprise gift" from us. ^^

Shortly after this Winner Announcement, the Prize Director, Valérie will start contacting each winner of this prize with further information on how to provide the mailing address for the shipping of the prize, etc., should the winner choose to accept the optional prize. Please note that the Prize Director will not reveal such addresses provided by the winners to any other party (except the prize mailing team staff, if needed) and these specified addresses are used solely for the purpose of mailing the FMA prizes to the winners only.
Also, it may take a while for our Prize Director to contact all winners. Meanwhile, we ask everyone NOT to send PM to the Prize Director with the inquiry, as we need to reserve the PM capacity for the Prize Director for other necessary communications, and instead use alternative mode for such inquiries as specified below.

If you have any general questions regarding this prize, you can post your question on Arakawa Appreciation Fanart Contest thread, or ask our Contest Staff (but not asking to reveal the prize items) by sending PM to the Contest Staff. Please do NOT send PM to Prize Director with your questions, as we'd like to reserve her PM capacity for other necessary communications. If you have a very specific question that must be addressed by the Prize Director (but not asking to reveal the prize items) please send such question to our project email address for "Thank-you letters/fanarts to Arakawa" project, thankufanartsfmadotcom@gmail.com (please include your board name on your email message.)

And...that's it! ^^

Congratulations to all the winners!!

And, thank you so much, everyone, for your participation in the contest!!

DSender
Thank you so much!! All this project´s stuff are winners too. You did a great job! congratulations

And thank you again, I´m so glad to be the winner of the fanart contest, and I have a 6th position in the thank you category too!!

^_________^

I´m so happy. THANKS!!!
A Pierrot's Aria
Thank you! biggrin.gif That was really unexpected! But however it would have ended up, I really had great fun with this, and I hope everyone else did, too!

And congratulations to everyone! And thank you to all those involved. happy.gif
ScarMySoul
@ DSender and Pierott's Congratulations to you both! I agree everyone did a great job and I'm very pleased with how everything turned out. happy.gif
Tombow
Congratulations, DSender and A Pierrot's Aria!!
And, thank you so much for entering such wonderful pieces to our contest!! We are very honored to have your artworks for our contest! happy.gif

Also, congratulations to all our winners!! I am still amazed at how awesome each of your entries are!!
Thank you so much again for honoring this contest with your wonderful artworks! happy.gif
Dragneel
Wow, thank you all so much! After seeing everyones amazing entries, I didn't even expect to get passed the voting let alone actually get placed laugh.gif
Just having Arakawa seeing our work was enough, so this is truly an unexpected surprise!
Congrats to all winners!! biggrin.gif
S.F. Thunder
Congrats to everyone who one! This was such a fun contest. <3 There were so many great entries~
penguintruth
Just being an honorable mention is fine for me, since I just slapped it together with the FMA sprites I already made. Though I did make the Riza and Winry sprites just for the picture.
FullmetalFlame29
Wow, third place? Thank you so much!!! laugh.gif It was so much fun participating in this contest! Congrats to everyone who entered! And many thanks to everyone involved in making this contest happen! biggrin.gif
MsLinn
Congratultions everyone!! And a huge thank you to everyone who organized the sending of letters and art, and for the contest! I got my prize today~~ I'm so happy!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.