Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Al's Blood Seal, I Think Ive Found Something!
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
DubEric

Ive been fascinated by al's blood seal since the first time i saw it. I looked for information already out there but i found nothing, sooo i did some reasearch myself.

The Quintessence is the fifth element with which the alchemists could work. It was the essential presence of something or someone, the living thing itself that animated or gave something its deepest characteristics. The Quintessence partakes of both the Above and the Below, the mental as well as the material. It can be thought of as the ethereal embodiment of the life force that we encounter in dreams and altered states of consciousness. It is the purest individual essence of something that we must unveil and understand in order to transform it.
This is the symbol for Quittessence eight points just like all blood seal

Gold is one of the seven metals of alchemy (gold, silver, mercury, copper, lead, iron & tin). For the alchemist, it represented the perfection of all matter on any level, including that of the mind, spirit, and soul. The symbol for gold could also be used to represent the sun in astrology
The Symbol for gold is a circle with a dot in the middle

all this leaves is the upside down question mark. i have yet to find anything on this.

More likely though its just an octogram,

Octogram: Protection, spiritual enlightenment, resurrection, rebirth, infinity, and abundance. Balance between spirit and matter, the inner and outer bodies, and male and female. The octagram has been associated with the Star of the Magi, and is a symbol of hope and communication.
Tombow
Hi DubEric, welcome to the board!

I think, instead of having this one as a cold FMA info, I think this maybe more useful as a discussion thread. Hence, we will be moving this to FMA manga forum in a while. smile.gif

ETA: Moved to FMA manga forum.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.