Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Episode 64: Journey's End - Content Discussion Thread
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Anime > FMA:Brotherhood anime Spoiler Zone
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Chiyo
Talk-back/content discussion for English dubbed episode on Adult Swim starts on page 8. smile.gif

We're here everyone, the end of the journey through Brotherhood, Episode 64.

Please post the discussions on the content of episode 64 here.
This thread is declared as a Spoiler zone for the content of the first 64 episodes.
The first page of this topic contains Spoiler Prevention posts in case somebody stumbles on the thread accidentally. Discussion begins on page 2.

<Special Reminder/Plea for the contents of final episode of FMA:Brotherhood anime >

As FMA:Brotherhood anime series is coming to it's final stage, here are special reminders for the contents of final episode of FMA:Brotherhood anime. smile.gif

Since the storyline for FMA:Brotherhood anime is closely tied to FMA manga, and there are many FMA fans who do not wish to be spoiled of the storyline before they get the chance to watch those episodes of FMA:B anime and/or read FMA manga chapter 108....

* Please DO NOT post ANY part of FMA:Brotherhood anime eps 63-64 content (and FMA manga chapter 108 content,) or even HINT of what's in those episodes/chapter on any other threads in any part of the forums, except on designated discussion threads. This applies to ALL threads on our board, including many of the character discussion threads such as Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, Edward & Winry! Aka Ed X Win thread, and so on. Please post any discussion on any content of episodes 64 on ep 64 designated threads only. Yes, this is different from our usual practice, but we ask everyone's cooperation. If you happen to forget and make post with such contents on non-designated threads, please do not mind that the board staff may go ahead and edit your post so that no contents from episode 64 would be discussed on your post.

Please also note that:
* When posting any pics from these final two episodes, yes, even when posting on the designated threads, please post as LINKS and not IMAGES. (i.e. don't use [img][/img] BBcode, and also no use of thumbnails by uploading the pic to our site.) If you happen to forgot and post such images, please do not mind that the board staff may go ahead and edit your post so that no direct image would be showing on your post.

* Please DO NOT make signature or avatar that would indicate/show the content of final 2 episodes, either by images or by text.
If you happen to forget and make such, please do not mind that the board staff may go ahead and edit such avatar or signature.

-----------------

Following are some of the designated eps 63-64 threads:

For those who have watched FMA:Brotherhood anime episode 63-64, besides this thread, you can add your comments on
FMA:Brotherhood Movie Speculation/wishful-thinking/discussion Thread
(YES! there WILL be an FMA:Brotherhood movie coming out in Japan in 2011! That much is a known fact and not the speculation, although everything else on the thread is, so far... XD)

Additionally:
Royai fans who have read FMA manga chapter 108, and/or watched FMA:Brotherhood eps 63-64, or otherwise do not mind being spoiled of contents for these chapter/episodes and wish to discuss Royai related contents in the series' final episodes/chapter of FMA:Brotherhood anime/FMA manga, please add your post on
Reflections - Temporary Discussion Thread For Royai Fans upon the ending of FMA manga/FMA:Brothehood anime series

EdxWin fans who have read FMA manga chapter 108, and/or watched FMA:Brotherhood eps 63-64, or otherwise do not mind being spoiled of contents for these chapter/episodes and wish to discuss EdxWin related contents in the series' final episodes/chapter of FMA:Brotherhood anime/FMA manga, please add your post on
Reflections - Temporary Discussion Thread For EdxWin Fans upon the ending of FMA manga/FMA:Brotherhood anime series

AlxMei fans who have read FMA manga chapter 108, and/or watched FMA:Brotherhood eps 63-64, or otherwise do not mind being spoiled of contents for these chapter/episodes and wish to discuss AlxMei related contents in the series' final episodes/chapter of FMA:Brotherhood anime/FMA manga, please add your post on
Reflections - Temporary Discussion Thread For AlxMei Fans upon the ending of FMA manga/FMA:Brotherhood anme series

Fans & 'shippers of any other FMA pairings who had already read/watched FMA manga chapter 108/FMA:Brotherhood anime eps 63-64, and would like to have the similar discussion thread for their 'shipping pairing, please PM Tombow with such request. smile.gif

Please don't ask for links on where to watch this episode, raw or subbed. Discussions on 'where to watch' belong in Where/How to Watch FMA Series 2. Don't post screencaps unless highlighting something important about the content of the episode. Just like on in most area's of the board, avoid one line posts, spam of any kind or conversations between two members.

Screenshots: see divinespirits post
Summary:

*WARNING*

Please follow these simple rules;

-Do not spam.
-No Spoilers
-Do not go off topic
-Do not fight

Spam means one line posts that contain little content. "OMG that ep was so cool" would be an example of spam. If you enjoyed the episode please specify what you enjoyed so much, was there anything you didn't like? If you ant to have a conversation with someone, do so via PM. Please also avoid clogging up the pages with replies that involves you quoting someone and adding "I agree" or similar.

Spoilers mean anything you know (or guess) will happen in the upcoming episode. Not everybody reads the manga and you may reveal something they didn't know. For for episode 64 discussionpredictions, please go to the relevant topic. If you are unsure how to use spoiler tags, please ask.

Going off topic means discussing a characters actions outside of the episode, or talking about the artwork, or upcoming episodes etc. I know this can happen easily so don't be upset if I move your posts or guide you in the right direction. Double check the forum for the right place to take your post, or if required, start a new topic.

Everybody can voice their opinion, and nobody is correct just as nobody is incorrect. Because none of you will spam (right?) people will justify why they didn't like something. You are welcome to say "well I like that part because..." but you CAN NOT say "no you are wrong because..."
Chiyo
"Accidental-spoiler prevention" post
Chiyo
Chiyo
Chiyo
Chiyo
Chiyo
Chiyo
Chiyo
Chiyo
Chiyo
Chiyo
Chiyo
Chiyo
Chiyo
Chiyo
Chiyo

Actual discussion to start below smile.gif
A Pierrot's Aria
Loved the look of it. smile.gif

I liked the way Winry slowly went to the door, despite the fact I was thinking...JUST OPEN IT!! The tension was driving me insane. xD

Was it just me, or did Roy have a dodgy 'tache in the credits? I'm hoping it's a strange marking on my screen. xD!

And why did they have to ruin the family portrait at the end by putting Paninya and Garfeil in there!? That annoyed me. xD

But I loved the eyecatches! The one with Al, Winry and Ed was brilliant and the one with Roy's team on it was awesome.

I'll update with more thoughts when I see the subs. smile.gif
penguintruth
My initial thoughts:

- Damn it, Keyhole!
- Doctor Marcoh is The Man With No Face. Starring Mel Gibson.
- Say, Scar. You won't be needing turn-down service, will you?
- Last scene with Olivier, oh noes! You will be missed, Ice Queen!
- "I can't believe we spent all our money on that haircut."
- Oh, fine, flashback to a day ago, instead of showing this where it belonged! Oh, whatever.
- "I've got candy, little girl. Come with me!"
- "You know, Ed, it's times like this when I wish there was a Five Guys around here. Seriously, I still haven't eaten anything."
- "Sorry, I'm not looking to join the Johava's Witnesses. Oh, it's you two. GLOMP TIME!"
- Winry, two guys at once? I didn't know you were that kind of girl!
- APPLE PIE TIME
- Wait, is Ed fixing the Rockbell roof or rebuilding the Elric home?
- And the old man made it to the top! Winner of FMA: Grumman!
- Oh, it's Bullseye! I mean, Selim. How does Mrs. Bradley explain a child who looks just like her supposedly dead son and has his name?
- Really, it SO bothers me that the Hughes family lived in a HOUSE in the manga and first series and have to slum in some apartment in this series.
- I'm a heterosexual, but... Alphonse, he's kind of handsome, isn't he?
- "FINALLY I get a meal!"
- "Say, do you gents want to hit a whore house? I hear Madame Christmas opened a new one."
- "TOKA KOKA!"
- This is still a better proposal than Yang Wenli's.
- Cue "Brothers"! Okay, fine, don't, then!
- Happy ends for all... except Yoki.
- FIN

;_;
RaphieL
- Ed and Al looked better in the manga,in anime they had huge bodies. mellow.gif
- Damn keyhole kept freezing. sad.gif
- Unexpected Hollogram ending, I wanted ray of light as the ending dry.gif .
- The End.
hand-made-city
I laughed so hard at Roy's new mustache. And then died inside a little bit. Ugh... that's gonna creep me out forever. Facial hair doesn't suit him.

Anyway, definitely liked what I saw of the episode! Keyhole kept dropping the video/sound every few minutes. It sucked. My favorite part was the reunion of Winry, Ed and Al! Her long walk to the doorway was quite epic, though it was such a short walk. XD

And Roy and Riza got to share a hospital room after all. Ahahaha~~ *cackles*

But now it's REALLY over. And that hurts. T_T
Icy12
I'll add more after I get some sleep, so I'm keeping this brief...

Roy-stache: blink.gif laugh.gif

And if Bones HAD to add more people to the family portrait, couldn't it have been Izumi and Sig instead? That is just my opinion.

Wow...no more fma.... *sob* it's going to be so hard to sleep tonight.
Vlyse
I really liked the use of Ray of Light and Hologram in this episode. Though, the pictures I managed to see (hi, Keyhole) were sort of different as already mentioned. Not sure I like Mustang's mustache or Paninya and Garfiel sneaking in the family picture. Are they implying Paninya/Garfiel?! I know the way they changed Havoc's picture implied Rebecca/Havoc. I approve.

...I still don't know what's on Selim's forehead. sad.gif

I might have more thoughts when I see it in good quality + subs.

<Hey guys, I just made "FMA:B movie discussion/speculation" thread. Please join our discussions for the FMA:B Movie there! ^^ ~ T.>
...Supposedly the "surprise" was a movie announcement! I posted this in the speculation thread, but I'll post it here, too. This was something that popped up after the episode ended.

Trakonda
Darn Keyhole went nuts on every critical scene. D: And I was hoping my favourite ones would be saved!

Amazingly done. Though I think the part with Al and Ed coming back would've been better if they left the meeting with Winry same as in the original. Now it was just trying to build suspension, which only annoyed me. XD "come on, OPEN THAT DOOR ALREADY"
The music truly fitted in though. I got tears in my eyes of all that epicness. ;_;

Also, the ending music choice was a bit surprising. I would have expected them to put 5th ending, since the opening got so much attention in the last few episodes.

Ed saying those last lines with "Fullmetal Heart" was so awesome. <3

..also, what WAS the surprise they promised? the disc compilation of all ending and opening songs? D: I didn't notice anything else, really.
Elisabeth Hawkeye
QUOTE (A Pierrot's Aria @ Jul 4 2010, 08:28 AM) *
Loved the look of it. smile.gif

I liked the way Winry slowly went to the door, despite the fact I was thinking...JUST OPEN IT!! The tension was driving me insane. xD

Was it just me, or did Roy have a dodgy 'tache in the credits? I'm hoping it's a strange marking on my screen. xD!

And why did they have to ruin the family portrait at the end by putting Paninya and Garfeil in there!? That annoyed me. xD

I'll update with more thoughts when I see the subs. smile.gif

No, it wasn't just you, he really have that funny beard. When I saw it I think, what the heck!? huh.gif And just like many others said, it's a pity that Riza cut her hair mellow.gif

Panninya and Garfiel on photo - wasn't good idea at all, but maybe it's because they want to mention them because probably lot of us forgot about them.

And btw they change scene with Roy a lot, but Riza right next to him in hospital hm.. good enough happy.gif
I can't wait for subtitles.
NOOOOO! End already, it's unbelievable and srsly I still crying!
amestris_star
The Roy-tachi hospital scene was all kinds of awesome, with Roy and Riza sharing the same room *grins*

But the moustache at the end... that's Ed scribbling XDD
Tombow
<Program Note>

Hey guys, I made "FMA:Brotherhood movie discussion/speculation" thread, and moved posts with FMA:Brotherhood movie discussions there. ^^
Forsaken Love
lol i havnt seen it yet, but roy gets a mustache? XD wtf were you thinkin BONES haha, the whole concept of that sounds hilarious, at least he sorta suited the eyepatch in series 1, i guess BONES likes to give him some physical trait that makes him look more Bradley-ish XD *still strugerling to imagin Roy with a mustache* haha mustaches are funnys :L
divinespirit
Episode 64 Screencaps and Final Impressions:
http://randomc.net/2010/07/04/fullmetal-al...herhood-64-end/
Chiyo
Not yet seen the episode but from the screencaps the artwork at least looks good. Ed's face where Winry has pounced on them is simply begging for a caption.

Shall edit in my thoughts once seen the episode.
allykatty1
Man, it wasn't just Keyhole! My stream on Freshverse, which is usually very solid, was all kinds of stop-and-go tonight! Irritating as heck and very entertaining to my friend who was watching me squirm over it. tongue.gif I just hope this was a sign that a LOT of people were trying to watch it, lol!

I feel like I missed half the episode, so I'll have to wait til later to make a proper assessment, but so far:

I approve of the change to Roy/Riza in the hospital. I guessed that was what they were going to do when that scene got cut last week and I was right.

Not as impressed with the Ling/Lan Fan/May flashback to post-battle. I know it was for timing issues to end the previous ep with Hohenheim's tribute, but still. Meh. It felt very out-of-place.

Little nitpicky thing is that I am disappointed Winry was not wearing the cute tanktop she had on in the manga when the brothers came home. Work clothes instead. I like that she fell asleep working on automail (presumably for Ed), but still. Meh. wink.gif

I DID like her epic walk to the door though! Sweet!

Thanks to my stream, I missed most of the credits and only caught a split-second glimpse of the family pic. Paninya/Garfiel?! Whyyyy?? Is this supposed to be some hint Ed and Winry moved to Rush Valley? I no like. Also, totally missed this supposed Roy-stache, but I also do not approve, lol! XD

Gaaah, only 7 hours until I can go to Funimation's screening of this episode at Anime Expo. I should just bear it and go to sleep, instead of staying up waiting for a better stream. T_T
Broken Chouchou
Haven't seen the ep, but I find it lol that there's a picture of Armour-Al on the pinboard among the family photos laugh.gif Was this in the manga? Also, Al looks a bit too old in some shots, I think his face is a bit long =/ Oh well, details. The art looks really good other than that.

And Roy with a moustache... shall be interesting to see ^^

Tennyo_night_elf
I just saw the raw with bad sound. For the bad sound though I felt Al's voice with a bit out of place with his older teenage body.

The whole episode was fun to watch due to it being a new take on the last pages of 108. The epic Winry walk to the door scene was nice, however the following hug was changed to the point I didn't like it much. The flashback to Mei and Ling was out of place and just lacking, I want more of them, but I guess I'm just greedy.

The Roy scene was redone nicely and I liked that Roy wasn't depressed about his eyes, but motivated to continue on even without his eyesight (before Marco came in that is).

The dialogue was fun for me, with little bits changed here and there, and all together I liked the episode. It was odd when Ed hugged Winry though, in the manga it seemed very soft but here it looked awkward, almost like Ed was a bit too forceful with it. He also didn't look happy to leave Winry in the beginning too, which made me giggle. Very different, very odd. Still enjoyed it though.

I was hoping for the credits to run with animation of the future pics, but they way they did it as to add it to the wall was nice. I agree with everyone about adding in Paninya and Garfiel in the family photo, it was less meaningful to me unless those two are somehow in the family now? Mustache Roy was lol and an oh no to me. I hope he shaves it later. Ling looked a bit constipated in his photo too, and Lan Fan was just too much in the background for me, I would have liked to see her a bit more and Ling look a bit more serious (dignified not constipated serious).

And I liked the added Al_armor to one of the corner "photos" in the end. I wonder if they at least kept the helmet?

I also wished for more movie info, but at least we have more to look forward to in regards to FMA.

The animation was OK to me, I think these last few episodes were rushed in the art department but still good.
amestris_star
I can't imagine what the reaction at AX shall be when they'll be seeing Roy with the moustache... oh Lord...
BirdieNumNum
Facial hair really doesn't suit Roy at all. Riza needs to make him shave it, at gunpoint if necessary.

I also spy Black Hayate's lady friend in the photo collage. Awww...
Kasumisty
Okay, watching the RAW of the final FMA episode now.

-I see there are a LOT of changes, especially regarding Roy & Co
-It still squicks me how they did NOT change Alphonse's vocie at all. Come on, at least change tone a bit!
-But I don't know who to blame here - director or the VA
-Cute, Al is thanking Ed
-Mei is such a crybaby
-BROFIST
-Lol, is Ed teasing Al about Mei?
-And Al teasing Ed about Winry
-Get to that door already, Winry!
-I liked the glomp from the manga more :<
-Huh, and where is Pinako?
-She isn't there at all
-Al's voice does not fit. At all.
-Grunman has such a troll look. http://i46.tinypic.com/2vlun81.jpg
-And how come noone ever questioned how Mrs Bradley had another son identicall to supposedly dead Selim?
-Aw, Elysia grew up so much
-Al has a funky tie
-Love how Ed just "ums" there
-Awww, hugs
-...why Hologram as a choice of music? Why not Again?
-Mustang-tache...please no. It kills kittens, it kills unborn babies, please stop
-So Ed and Winry had a boy and a girl \o/ I like how they drew boy there better

Aand I don't think I have any final thought. Yet? I feel a bit empty inside.

amestris_star
QUOTE (BirdieNumNum @ Jul 4 2010, 01:40 PM) *
Facial hair really doesn't suit Roy at all. Riza needs to make him shave it, at gunpoint if necessary.

I also spy Black Hayate's lady friend in the photo collage. Awww...

Which made me all warm and fuzzy before I saw the mess BONES did with Roy. Pffttt.

Seriously, that must be Ed's doing.
BirdieNumNum
QUOTE (amestris_star @ Jul 4 2010, 09:16 PM) *
Which made me all warm and fuzzy before I saw the mess BONES did with Roy. Pffttt.

Seriously, that must be Ed's doing.

I agree, Ed must have drawn it on there, then got distracted and forgot to add the devil horns, or the afro or something.
RoyxRizaFan
FIXED

Nacchan
^ I LOVE YOU.

I really liked this episode. There were some little changes that made it so lovely. (All but Roy mustaches, and I think we all agree about this.XDD)
Al was so cute, though.T_T <3 And someone said they didn't like his voice in this episode, am I the only one who thinks it was perfect as always?;_;
Andie
Argh! Haven't posted here for an eternity!! But then again, it's the end! Now I feel so weird. I've been following this manga/anime for so long, waiting for chapters each months and episodes (of the first and second anime) each week.

I don't think I have many grips with this episode.. The art was real nice, so much better than last week (which was a bit weird). And for some reason I really loved that they played Trisha's lullaby at the Golden Trio's hug. As someone else in this forum said, it's Brotherhood's version of Bratja.

(But then Bones scrapped all the good feeling with that godforsaken stache. At least grow a manly one, Roy!! Something like Bradley or Heinkel!!!)

Oh, and I was imagining things or did Falman have kids?! The two children behind him in the pictures look like tiny clones of him!! If so, it makes me lol quite a bit than he is the only character beside Ed and Winry (and Black Hayate!) to canonically 'get some' in the end, lol.
amestris_star
QUOTE (RoyxRizaFan @ Jul 4 2010, 09:05 AM) *

Thanks dear, that's way way way better ;D

And yes I agree, I was so happy with the ep that when I saw that shot I was like WTF?!?
BirdieNumNum

That's much better.

Is it too much to hope that Bones will realise what a hideous mistake they made with the Mus-tache and remove it for the DVD release? laugh.gif
Vlyse
And hopefully they will give Lt.Ross and Paninya a nose in the ED as well!
spectator
hahaha! Good ending!

Mustang-tache definately is funny. I don't feel that Riza's short hair is a shame. I think she is trying to set a new image, letting the people around her regard her as Mustang's aide rather than his 'female assistant'. You guys know the dark side of politics, especially and assumingly, that Mustang has become the fuhrer. You don't really want any disparaging rumors.

The Hayate family is so lovely, so as the Elrics.
paca
what I really liked :
-Winry's walk and meeting with the Elrics <3 I totally loved that <3<3<3

what I feel:
I think the discard all the blood, injured people and angst of the final chapter... take a look at the manga and you will see that it's pretty "sad/dark" but full of hope <3 (that changes it a lot, I mean isn't that what arakawa gives us angst but hope, get up and walk ???) also less tears
Winry also gets more screen "weight" than anyother female character, we don't now about Oliver in the anime (manga , yes), Ran fan (~~ bones , what about her????) , Riza is not as worried or sad because of roy "seeing" his dream "broken", Mei...(well, the family photo that is not a family photo now D:)
-Riza with short hair: simple, Ishbal hard to have it clean, so cut it...simple simple simple.

random stuff:

-Falman's children >_>, yes those are his children look they share eyes, bones, ears, hair!!! OMG! so unecsesary... well he get more ending than many character *cofcof* we now where he lives, his rank, we meet his son and daughter...not his wife but anyways...how she found a woman in the north??? lol
-Roy's mus-tache....OMG! a thought it was a mark in the screen, I mean how many times Araka wa has told us how he is unable to get one xD or how ridiculous he will look with one ....??? okok, options:
a ) a mark in the sketches she gave to Bones (epic fail) lol
B ) he get facil hair back from the door when he get his sight back xDDDDDD
c ) less stress so you get more hair XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Have you noticed that he has the same mus-tache that Hawkeye sensei had >_> ?????

- they changed Hayate's CUBS!!!! omg !!! or maybe he has many around town.. (now he has even more endinginfo than in the manga xDD you deserved it <3)

What I didn't like:
- what happened whit the family photo?:
the fact that May was in the family photo (so important and heavy meaning) and now is a group photo =_= , please insert Izumy or Sig.... but what was that!!?
- ran fan is totally left out... (ok, you say no angst and talking to Fu was pretty "sad")

.... for now i won't say more.
Mushu Girl
QUOTE (BirdieNumNum @ Jul 4 2010, 07:22 AM) *

That's much better.

Is it too much to hope that Bones will realise what a hideous mistake they made with the Mus-tache and remove it for the DVD release? laugh.gif

And maybe that's why they didn't get married or anything laugh.gif

I really liked the scene at the hospital. At least they were together...
As someone already mentioned, it was a bad idea to include Panninya and Garfiel in the photo, it was great the way it was in the manga, a FAMILY photo (and now we know that the baby Winry is holding is a girl!)

Can't wait for the subs!
amestris_star
You know, I still have to see it again, but I somehow feel that 63 was enough as an ending... in a way. 64 didn't get me as emotional as 63 did... I didn't shed one tear and ended up laughing towards the end (the inverse effect that Chapter 108 had on me).
Hence why I've been having mixed feelings about the ep (except for the awesome Roy-tachi scene in the hospital... and the eyecatch).
Chiyo
The fangirl in me realised the jumper Winry was wearing at the end must have been the one Ed came home in.

Oh Bones, I love you, though I knew what was coming that slow walk to the door had my little heart pounding. Good choice of music I suppose helped build it up.

Shall add in full thoughts once I have seen the subs. Which I need. Now.
Kirara
QUOTE (paca @ Jul 4 2010, 10:02 AM) *
- what happened whit the family photo?:
the fact that May was in the family photo (so important and heavy meaning) and now is a group photo =_= , please insert Izumy or Sig.... but what was that!!?

I didn't even think of then implications of adding extra characters in that image. You are right it takes away from it being a family picture. I don't mind seeing those characters again but they should have been in a separate photo.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.