Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Translation Work-thread
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Site Support Center > Announcements & Site News
Pages: 1, 2
Valérie
(To Mods: This thread was opened with Tombow's permission. Please do not move or delete this thread. ^^)

Work-in-progress list:

Post #2 Done
Post #3 Done
Post #4 Done
Post #5 v
Post #6
Post #7 Step 3 Step 2
Post #8 Done
Post #9
Post #10 (short ^^) Step 3 Done
Post #11 (short ^^) v
Post #12 (short ^^) Step 3 Done
Post #14 (short ^^)
Post #15
Post #16 Step 3 Done
Post #19
Post #24
Post #25 (short ^^) Step 3 Step 2 Done
Post #26
Post #28
Post #29 Step 3
Post #30 Step 3
Post #32
Post #33 Step 3
Post #34
Post #37 Step 3
Post #39
Post #41
Post #42
Post #43
Post #45
Post #47
Post #48
Post #49
Post #51
----------------------------
Done: 8
More to go: 25

This thread is a Work-thread dedicated to the translation of category 2 letters (English letters to be translated into Japanese) from the "Operation Thank-you letters to FMA/Hiromu Arakawa!" thread.

First off, to all volunteer project staff members, thank you so much for volunteering your time for this project! happy.gif
(also, Thank you Tombow for having created and written this work-translation process.)

For the rest of this thread, for the sake of convenience, please allow me to refer you with the following "group code" (each group has assigned color code also ^^)
* Volunteer staff-A: If you do not speak/read/write Japanese, please read the sections for Volunteer staff-A. Your color code is "#006400" and you will be helping us in the Step 1 of our process.
(Yes, you can help us very much, and your help here will be very much appreciated!! ^^)

* Volunteer staff-B: If you have some knowledge of Japanese and can speak/read/write Japanese in varying degrees, then please read the sections for Volunteer staff-B. Your color code is "#000080" and you will be helping us in Step 2 of our process.

* Volunteer staff-C: If you have been asked by our project manager to be LEAD TRANSLATOR, please read the sections for Volunteer staff-C. Your color code is "#8B0000" and you will be helping us in the Step 3 of our process.

<Technical Hint>
To make a portion of your text on your post to show in certain color, you can either:

1) While composting your post on "post composing window," highlight that portion of the text you'd like to change to a certain color, then look up at the top part of "post composing window" and click on A to bring up the color sample chart, then click on the color you selected.
Color #006400 (Dark Green, though we'll simply refer this as Green) is at the Top row, 4th from Left on the Color Sample Chart
Color #000080 (Navy, though we'll simply refer this as Blue) is at the Top row, 3rd from Right on the Color Sample Chart
Color #8B0000 (Maroon) is on 2nd row, Far Left on the Color Sample Chart

Or, 2) Manually write BBCode like this [ color=color number here] text to be turned into that color [/color ]

----

Now, everyone, please briefly visit "Thank-you FMA/Hiromu Arakawa Letters" Translation Request Thread.

Notice that on every post on the thread, at the Top Right corner of the post, there is a post number like this: Post #4.
(Post #4 is original request post for cherry-chan.)

Please use that post # (i.e. the post # of the "original" request post) when referring to the posted Thank-you letters during our work-process here, and put that post # at the top of every "work-processing-post" here, in your Volunteer-Group color, like this:
Step 1: Post #4
Step 2: Post #4
Step 3: Post #4

----

The basic premise of the process here goes like this:

In Step 1, Volunteer staff-A will go to "Thank-you FMA/Hiromu Arakawa Letters" Translation Request Thread and bring the requested English letters here. And, add Google (or other on-line) translations to it.

(Step 1 volunteers, you don't have to wait for one request to go through all the steps 1, 2, 3 BEFORE bringing more request letters. Please go ahead and keep bringing request letters from "Operation Thank-you letters to FMA/Hiromu Arakawa!" thread to this thread and post them here! ^^)

In Step 2, Volunteer staff-B will take the above, then add "interim" Japanese translations. (Please note that your translations do not have to be perfect, or even "complete" translations. If some part is too difficult to translate, you can leave that part as-is-in-English in your Japanese translation. Please just do as much as you can. ^^)

(Step 2 volunteers, when you or other Group 2 volunteer posted one Step 2 letter, you guys don't have to wait for that one to go through Step 3 BEFORE working on other Step-1 letters. Please go ahead and keep working on more posted Step-1 letters and turn them into Step -2 letters and post them here! ^^)

In Step 3, Lead Translator will take the above, then complete the final Japanese translations.

In Step 4, Tombow will take the completed Fianl Japanese translations to the "Original request post" on "Thank-you FMA/Hiromu Arakawa Letters" Translation Request Thread and add that back into the original post.

NOTE: For every work-process post, always include the original English letter at the top.

-----

The following are the Group-by-group details. Please read the section for your Group.

Also, if you have any questions for the processes described on this post and the blow, please post your question on this thread, and please mark it with "QUESTION for Step-1 or Step-2/Step-2 etc." at the top of your question post (no special text colors used, just plain regular font color) so that other volunteers looking for Step process posts can easily PASS-BY your "process question" post. smile.gif

Question: I'm Group 3 translator, and I have free time NOW, and would like to help out, but there is no "letters in process" in Process-2 (or Process-1 for that matter ^^) What do I do?

Answer:
* If you see some "letters in process" with Step-1 being completed (but still not picked up for Step-2,) you can take that "Step 1 completed" post, do the process 1 through 4 as explained above on this post, then add this line: Step-2 process skipped, then go on to process 5 and onward as described above. smile.gif (In this case, after you complete your Final translation, please keep the line: Step-2 process skipped on your completed post, so that we will know. ^^)
Valérie
Step 1: By Volunteer staff-A

Basic process here is to bring one translation request post from "thank-you FMA/Hiromu Arakawa Letters" Translation Request thread and post that on this thread, then "prep" that post for the next process (Step 2 process) that follows next.

---------------------------

Step-by-step "how to" instruction for Step 1
(As long as the ending result is the same, you do not need to "exactly" follow this, but just showing one way of "How to do" step 1 process here. ^^)

1. Please go to "thank-you FMA/Hiromu Arakawa Letters" Translation Request Thread.

2. Choose a post with English letters with the translation request, and remember the post number of that post.
(To make it less complicated for everyone, please follow "first come, first served", meaning, please go to the next oldest request post on the thread.)

3. Come back to this thread, and make sure that request has not been already processed by some other Step 1 volunteers.
(i.e you don't see Step:1 post with that post number on this thread)

4. Go back to that post on "thank-you FMA/Hiromu Arakawa Letters" Translation Request Thread, then go to the bottom right corner of that post, and click on "REPLY.

5. Copy what's in the reply composing window. (WARNING: Please don't click on Add Reply at the bottom. XD)

6. Come back to this thread, and click on ADD REPLY at the bottom, then Paste the request post, and at the top of that part, mark that part as "Original"

7. On the "reply post composing window," TRIM irreverent part of that post within the Quote, and keep only the actual original thank-you letter to be translated (including the poster's name and country) within the quote. If Google translation is already attached by the original poster, turn that portion to Green color.

8. If no Google (or other on-line) translation is already attached to it, put the original English letter though such on-line translator, and attach the resulting Japanese at the bottom of the post, and turn that portion to Green, and at the top of that portion, mark that portion as "Google"

9. Go to the last line of the resulting Japanese Google translation with member's name and country. Delete the "line break" in front of that. (i.e. making that portion stick right underneath the line above...this is because when we use "right" adjustment code it automatically add an extra additional line to this portion, and to compensate for that we take out one line break. ^^) Then, add this code [right ] in front of that part and this code [/right ] at the end of that part. (please omit the space inside [...]) This will make members' name and country to be "right adjusted."

10. Post that on this thread.

11. At the top of your post, add Step 1: followed by the post # (i.e. the post # taken from the top right corner of the original request post on "Thank-you FMA/Hiromu Arakawa Letters" Translation Request thread) in Green text.

----------------------------

That's it for the Step 1 biggrin.gif

The following is the example of post with Step 1 process to be posted on this thread after the above process has been completed.
Valérie
This is an example post for Step-1

Step 1: Post #4 .....<- Please don't forget to put this at the very top part of your completed step 1 post

Original:
QUOTE (cherry-chan. :D @ Jun 23 2010, 09:45 PM) *
Dear Arakawa-sensei,

First of all, congratulations! Fullmetal Alchemist has concluded wonderfully, and all your hard work on this series really paid off.

I wasn’t really into shounen manga before, but when I discovered Hagaren last year, I regretted not seeing it sooner, but I felt a greater happiness that even at least for a year, I got to know and enjoy Fullmetal Alchemist. Although waiting for the release of each chapter every month was nerve-wracking, it was exciting and it was always worth the wait.

I’m pretty sure that Fullmetal Alchemist will go unrivalled as my favourite manga. Each character has their own charm that makes me like them, regardless of being a protagonist, antagonist, or a supporting character. Fullmetal Alchemist wasn’t a simple story to tell, but you managed to do so brilliantly. The unique and well-thought-of plot and characters… I don’t think anything can compare to it.

“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return.” –For all the effort you’ve put into this series, and for all the happiness you’ve given us through this manga, you deserve to get a lot of praise, thanks, and much more in return! (happy.gif)

Thank you very much!

Cherry-chan, Philippines

Google:

親愛なる荒川、先生
まず、おめでとう!鋼の錬金術師は素晴らしく、このシリーズは本当に報わ上のすべてのハードワーク締結している。

私は実際に少年漫画にする前に、しかし、私は昨年ハガレンを発見されなかった、私はすぐにそれを見ていないことを後悔が、私は1年であっても少なくとも大きな幸せを感じて、私が知っているし、鋼の錬金術師をお楽しみだ。各章のリリースを待っているが、毎月神経に障るが、それはエキサイティングだったし、それが常に待機価値があった。

私は非常に鋼の錬金術師は私の好きな漫画として比類のない行くと確信しています。各文字に関係なく、主人公、拮抗薬、またはサポートする文字という彼らのように私を作る独自の魅力があります。鋼の錬金術師はなかった単純な話が指示するが、あなたはとても鮮やかに行うことができた。ユニークなよく考えプロットと文字の...私は何もそれに比較はできないと思う。

"人類は最初のお返しに何かを与える" - あなたはこのシリーズに置かれているすべての努力、あなたはこの漫画を通じて私たちを与えてくれたすべての幸福のための場合は、称賛の多くを得るには、感謝に値することなく何かを得ることができないと、多くの見返りに! (happy.gif)

どうもありがとう!
チェリーちゃん、フィリピン
Valérie
Step 2: By Volunteer staff-B

Basic process here is to take one letter from Process 1 on this thread, and copy/paste that on your post on this thread, then your job is to turn Google translation on that post into a preliminary HUMAN Japanese translation.

1. Choose one post from Step-1 letters posted on this thread that is not yet processed into step 2
(To make it less complicated for everyone, please try to generally follow "first come, first served," meaning, try to choose one among oldest posted letters. ^^)

2. Click on "REPLY at the bottom right corner of that Step-1 post on this thread.

3. When the reply composing window opens with that post inside "Quote" codes, go to the very first part of that quote and delete this part (beginning quote code) [ quote name='blah blah, date='.... 2010, ..... PM'], then go to the very last part of that quote, and delete the ending quote code, [/quote ]

4. Click on Add Reply at the bottom to post that on this thread.

5. Next, at the bottom of that post, add "Translation-1:" in Blue, followed by your Japanese translations in Blue color.

(Please do not delete Google translations.)

6. When done, click on +EDIT to get back to "post editing window" and go to the very top of the post where it says [ color="#006400 "]Step 1: Post #xxx[/color ] and change color # from #006400 to #000080, and change "Step 1" to "Step 2." Then click on Submit Modified Post at the bottom.

That's it for the Step 2 :D

The post below is the example post after Step 2 process is done, with Translation-1 being added.

=======

Question: I see some Step 2 post with Translation-1 which is already processed and has Transltion-1 already attached, but some part of it is still left as-is-in-English. And, I know I can add translations for that incomplete part. Can I add my translations?

(Or, if anyone would like to add additional/alternate version of the translation to already processed Step 2 post, then you can also do so by doing the following. ...although, this is rather redundant process, hence, please do this only if you believe your alternate translation differs very much from already posted step 2 translation.)

Answer: Yes, and here is how.

1. Go to the Step-2 post you would like to post additional translations.

2. Click on "REPLY at the bottom right corner of that post.

3. When the reply composing window opens with that post, you see that that Step 2 post become "Quote" in your reply post "composing window" with "beginning" and "ending" quote codes. Please go to the very first part of that quote and delete this part (beginning quote code) [ quote name='blah blah, date='.... 2010, ..... PM'], then go to the very last part of that quote, and delete the ending quote code, [/quote ]

5. Next, at the bottom of that post, add "Translation-2:" in Blue, followed by YOUR Japanese translations of the WHOLE letter (please post your whole translations, and not just the part you are adding) in Blue color. (Please do NOT delete the existing Translation-1 transltions. Just add your Translation-2 transltions after Translation-1 translations.)

6. Then click on Submit Modified Post at the bottom.

NOTE to all volunteers: If some other volunteer translator would add his/her Translation-2 to your Translations-1, please do not feel that this is "bad" for you or such. Please remember that this is not a "competition," but we are helping together for a common goal. Also, just because someone has added alternate translations, that does not necessarily mean that one is "better" than yours, or vise versa, and all of these translations added will probably help our Lead Translator to come up with the overall better translations for the final translations. Hence, hope you guys don't mind if others would add additional transltion-2 translations to some translation-1 translations that happened to be yours. ^_^
Valérie
This is an example post for Step 2.

Step 2: Post #4 .....<- Please don't forget to put this at the very top part of your completed step 2 post

Original:
Dear Arakawa-sensei,

First of all, congratulations! Fullmetal Alchemist has concluded wonderfully, and all your hard work on this series really paid off.

I wasn’t really into shounen manga before, but when I discovered Hagaren last year, I regretted not seeing it sooner, but I felt a greater happiness that even at least for a year, I got to know and enjoy Fullmetal Alchemist. Although waiting for the release of each chapter every month was nerve-wracking, it was exciting and it was always worth the wait.

I’m pretty sure that Fullmetal Alchemist will go unrivalled as my favourite manga. Each character has their own charm that makes me like them, regardless of being a protagonist, antagonist, or a supporting character. Fullmetal Alchemist wasn’t a simple story to tell, but you managed to do so brilliantly. The unique and well-thought-of plot and characters… I don’t think anything can compare to it.

“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return.” –For all the effort you’ve put into this series, and for all the happiness you’ve given us through this manga, you deserve to get a lot of praise, thanks, and much more in return! (happy.gif)

Thank you very much!

Cherry-chan, Philippines

Google:

親愛なる荒川、先生

私は実際に少年漫画にする前に、しかし、私は昨年ハガレンを発見されなかった、私はすぐにそれを見ていないことを後悔が、私は1年であっても少なくとも大きな幸せを感じて、私が知っているし、鋼の錬金術師をお楽しみだ。各章のリリースを待っているが、毎月神経に障るが、それはエキサイティングだったし、それが常に待機価値があった。

私は非常に鋼の錬金術師は私の好きな漫画として比類のない行くと確信しています。各文字に関係なく、主人公、拮抗薬、またはサポートする文字という彼らのように私を作る独自の魅力があります。鋼の錬金術師はなかった単純な話が指示するが、あなたはとても鮮やかに行うことができた。ユニークなよく考えプロットと文字の...私は何もそれに比較はできないと思う。

"人類は最初のお返しに何かを与える" - あなたはこのシリーズに置かれているすべての努力、あなたはこの漫画を通じて私たちを与えてくれたすべての幸福のための場合は、称賛の多くを得るには、感謝に値することなく何かを得ることができないと、多くの見返りに! (happy.gif)

どうもありがとう!
チェリーちゃん、フィリピン

Translation-1:

親愛なる荒川先生
鋼の錬金術師の結着おめでとう!
Blah Blah... please imagine the rest of the Japanese translations is all filled as well here. ^^
Valérie
Step 3: By Volunteer staff-C (Lead Translator)

Basic process here is to take one letter from Process 2 on this thread, and copy/paste that on your post on this thread, then your job is to complete the Japanese translation.

1. Choose one post from Step-2 letters posted on this thread.

2. Click on "REPLY at the bottom right corner of that step 2 post on this thread.

3. When the reply composing window opens with that post, you see that that Step 2 post become "Quote" in your reply post "composing window" with "beginning" and "ending" quote codes. Please go to the very first part of that quote and delete this part (beginning quote code) [ quote name='blah blah, date='.... 2010, ..... PM'], then go to the very last part of that quote, and delete the ending quote code, [/quote ]

5. Next, at the bottom of that post, add "Final Translation:" in Maroon, followed by your Japanese translations in Maroon color.

6. When you have completed your Final Japanese translation, DELETE Google translations and preliminary Japanese translations so that only the original "quoted" English letters and your Final Japanese translations will be left on the post.

6. Then, click on +EDIT to get back to "post editing window" and go to the very top of the post where it says [ color="#000080 "]Step 2: Post #xxx[/color ] and change color # from #000080 to #8B0000, and change "Step 2" to "Step 3." Then click on Submit Modified Post at the bottom.

That's it for the Step 3

The following is the example post after Step 3 process is done.

===============

Question: I'm Group 3 translator, and I have free time NOW, and would like to help out, but there is no "letters in process" in Process-2 (or Process-1 for that matter ^^) Whet do I do?

Answer:
* If you see some "letters in process" with Step-1 being completed (but still not picked up for Step-2,) you can take that "Step 1 completed" post, do the process 1 through 4 as explained above on this post, then add this line: Step-2 process skipped, then go on to process 5 and onward as described above. smile.gif (In this case, after you complete your Final translation, please keep the line: Step-2 process skipped on your completed post, so that we will know. ^^)

* If you see no "letters in process" with Step-1 process being completed NOR such with Step-2 process being completed, and if you don't mind helping us by doing Step-1 volunteer's work, please feel free to go ahead and act as Step-1 volunteer, and do the process explained for the Step-1 process and make such Step-1 post. Then, do the process as explained right above in this Answer section. ^^
Valérie
This is an example post for Step-3

Step 3: Post #4 .....<- Please don't forget to put this at the very top part of your completed step 3 post

Original:
Dear Arakawa-sensei,

Thank you very much!

Cherry-chan, Philippines

Final Translation:

荒川先生
鋼の錬金術師の完結おめでとうございます。
Blah Blah... please imagine the rest of the Japanese translations is all filled as well here. ^^
Valérie
...=+=====+=====+=====+=====+=====+=====+=====+=====+=====+=====+=====+=====+=

Now, volunteers, please kindly start posting your actual Step-1/Step-2/Step-3 posts below!! biggrin.gif

The actual work-thread postings start below. smile.gif

...=+=====+=====+=====+=====+=====+=====+=====+=====+=====+=====+=====+=====+=
Valérie
Done
Step 1: Post #2

Original:
QUOTE (whippersnapper @ Jun 22 2010, 05:16 PM) *
Dear Arakawa-sensei,

I'm sure you hear this a lot, but I'm still going to say it: you're brilliant! I love your manga biggrin.gif
I've only started reading Fullmetal Alchemist last year, but fell in love with it almost immediately.
Even though the story is in a fantasy setting, I like that there's an underlying logic. It always amuses me how something unexpected happens, but it's perfectly logical in hindsight, like Al exchanging his soul for Ed's arm(oh, Al! Welcome back!)
Also, the consistency of characters are amazing, and they are all so likable <3 You even make me feel sorry for the bad guys like Envy and Greed T^T
I really enjoy re-reading the manga because I'll notice details I missed (like Shao May sticking to Roy's face, haha -vol.12), or think about things differently.
The omakes are really funny too (I certainly wouldn't mind 100 pages of them XD)

I would really like to thank you for creating Fullmetal Alchemist, for all your hard work, and for bringing joy to fans around the world. ありがとうございます!

Whippersnapper, Malaysia

Google:

親愛なる荒川先生

私はあなたがこの場を聞くことだけど、私はまだそれを言うつもりです:あなたは素晴らしいです!私はあなたの漫画が好き biggrin.gif
私が始めた昨年、鋼の錬金術師を読んできたが、恋にすぐに落ちた。
物語はファンタジーの設定にあるにもかかわらず、私はそこに、基になるロジックですが好きです。それはいつも私をどのように何か異変が楽しませるが、それは完全に後知恵の論理、アルはエドの腕(オハイオ州、アル!こんにちは!)の彼の魂を交換するようなものだ
また、文字の整合性は驚くべきものがあり、すべてが非常に好感が持てる<3あなたも私が残念ねたみとギレンのTのような悪者の^ Tを感じさせるている
私は実際に私は(少5のようにロイの顔に付着逃した詳細を気づくために再漫画を読んで楽しんで、母-第12巻)、またはには約物が異なると思います。
おまけは本当に面白いも(私は確かにXDをそれらの100ページを気にしないだろう)が

私は実際に鋼の錬金術師を作成していただき感謝したい、すべてのハードワークのため、ファンには、世界中の喜びをもたらすため。ありがとうございます!
Whippersnapper、マレーシア
Valérie
Done
Step 1: Post #3

Original:
QUOTE (RoyxRizaFan @ Jun 22 2010, 10:29 PM) *
Arakawa-Sensei,

I wanted to thank you for bringing me on one of the most enjoyable journeys I’ve taken as a reader. I have truly enjoyed every moment of Fullmetal Alchemist. Your story never fell into the usual clichés of shounen manga, and took on a life of its own, becoming the most memorable manga I’ve ever read.

As an aspiring writer, your writing has truly influenced me over the years. I’ve been moved by your loveable, original, and well-developed characters, and the deep relationships they formed with one another. Your detailed, intricate plots, and the way you crafted your story to never leave any loose ends has taught me so much as a writer, and has kept me on the edge of my seat as an avid and devoted reader. Fullmetal Alchemist has always, and will always stick out to me because of its realistic and original cast and the deep themes about life, humanity, love, family, and hope, not to mention the perfect balance of action, drama, comedy, and romance. Even now that this story is over, I will never forget about Ed, Al, and Roy, or the journeys they went on, and their story will echo in my mind and continue to influence and inspire my writing for many years to come. Thank you for making these past years so special!

Your biggest fan,
RoyxRizaFan, United States of America

Google:

荒川、先生

私は私がリーダーとして撮影した最も楽しい旅の上に連れてきてくれてありがとうと思った。私は本当に鋼の錬金術師のすべての瞬間を楽しんでいます。あなたの話は少年漫画のいつもの決まり文句に落ちたことは、独自の生命を取り、私が今まで読んだ中で最も記憶に残る漫画になる。

意欲的な作家として、あなたの文章が本当に年間私に影響を与えた。私はあなたの、オリジナルで、よく発達した愛らしいキャラクターで、彼らはお互いに形成された深い関係に移動してきた。あなたの詳細な、複雑なプロット、あなたが緩んでいる両端を離れることにあなたの話に細工された方法はそんなにライターとして、そして私を教えて熱心な献身的なリーダーとして私の席の端に私を守ってきた。鋼の錬金術師は、常にしており、常に私にその現実的でオリジナルキャストのために、人生についての深いテーマ、人類愛、家族、そして希望ではなく、アクションの完璧なバランス、ドラマ、コメディ言及し、ロマンスを固執する。今でも、この話が終わると、私はエド、アル、ロイ、またはそれらに行った旅について、そして決して忘れていない彼らのストーリーは私の心エコーされ、影響を与えるに来て何年も私の文章を鼓舞続けている。ので、特別な、これらの過去を作るためのありがとう!

大ファンより
ロイリザーファン 北米合衆国
Valérie
Done
Step 1: Post #4

Original:
Dear Arakawa-sensei,

Thank you very much!

Cherry-chan, Philippines

Google:

親愛なる荒川、先生

どうもありがとう!
チェリーちゃん、フィリピン
Valérie
Step 1: Post #5

Original:
QUOTE (deet-tastic @ Jun 24 2010, 05:10 AM) *
Dear Arakawa-sensei,

Words cannot describe how much I admire you. Your talent in storytelling and art is one-of-a-kind. Fullmetal Alchemist was my first manga, and I still have yet to find one that can top it on my list. Your characters are so well put together. Each character has a purpose, and they aren't there just to further the plot. I really admire this. I also love that your female characters are so strong. It's good to see characters of the same gender be so courageous. Another thing that amazes me is how much research you have put into the smallest details. It's all very inspiring. I'll keep this letter short, because I know you must get so many of these, and also because I just can't find what words to use. I admire you so much, and am humbled by the thought of even sending you this letter.

Thank you so much.
-Kylie Daniels, United States of America

Google:

親愛なる荒川、先生

言葉はどれだけ私はあなたを賞賛記述することはできません。物語のあなたの才能と芸術が1の-一種である。鋼の錬金術師は私の最初の漫画である、と私はまだ1つを私のリストの上に戻ることができます見つけなければならない。あなたの文字がとてもうまくまとめている。各文字の目的を持って、彼らはそこだけプロットを促進するためではありません。私は実際にこれをお楽しみください。私はまた、あなたの女性キャラクターが強くて大好きです。それは良いので、勇気が同性の文字を参照してくださいです。私はどのように多くの研究あなたは細部に入れている驚かせるもう一つ。それはすべての非常に刺激的だ。私はあなたはとてもこれらの多くを取得する必要があります知っているので私は、この手紙を短くしておこうまたので、私はまさに言葉がuse見つけることができません。私はそうと、多くのことを尊敬も、この手紙を送るという考えで謙虚にしています。

どうもありがとうございました。
-カイリーダニエルズは、アメリカのアメリカ合衆国

===============

Step 3, Post #5
Step 2: Process skipped

荒川様へ、

鋼の錬金術師」は、最初に読んだ漫画だったし、今までも私の一番トップな漫画です。キャラクターは、構想のためだけにいなくて、性格も目的が面白いだと思います。強い

女性のキャラクターが大好きです。そんなに勇気があるキャラはすごいと思います。ストリーの小さい細部を気を付けたり、攻究したりして、本当にえらいだと思います。ファンレッターをいっぱい届いていると思いますし、私の感じを伝えると、言葉が出ません。それから、このレッターは、短いですが、荒川さんの仕事を感じ入れます。私のレッターを読みいただいて、栄誉です。まことにありがとうございます。

どうもありがとうございました。
-カイリーダニエルズ,北米合衆国
Valérie
Step 1: Post #6

Original:
QUOTE (FailToImpress @ Jun 24 2010, 02:19 PM) *
Dear Arakawa-sensei,
I cannot express just how much I have enjoyed Fullmetal Alchemist! Over the years I have witnessed your characters’ journey and felt a part of it myself, as I eagerly awaited a new chapter each month. I truly admire your storytelling abilities and your fantastic drawings.

Roy is my favourite character, but it has never been easy to choose. They are all so unique and endearing in their own ways. I’ve grown so attached to Edward and Alphonse, Winry, Roy and Riza and their military team, because the way you tell their stories just brings them to life.

I started reading your manga nearly 6 years ago now, it quickly became my all time favourite, and upon its ending I have shed many a tear, but what I will take with me are the memories! I hope you know that you have brought a great deal of happiness to me and many others with this wonderful story. Thank you so much!

Kara, Scotland, U.K.

Google:

親愛なる荒川、先生
私がどれだけ私は鋼の錬金術師を楽しんでいる表現できない!年間私はあなたの文字の旅を目撃して、それ自身の一部を感じて、私は熱心に新しい章を毎月待っている。私は本当に、あなたの素晴らしい絵をストーリーテリングの能力に感心する。

ロイは私のお気に入りの文字ですが、それを選択する簡単なことがない。彼らはすべてとてもユニークで愛情のこもった独自の方法です。私は方法は、彼らの物語を伝えるため、そのエドワードとアルフォンス、ウィンリィ、ロイとリザとその軍事チームには、添付の成長しただけの生活に、それらをもたらします。

私は今、ほぼ6年前にあなたの漫画を読み始めて、すぐに私のすべての時間の好みとなり、時の私は多くの涙を、しかし、何が私は私と一緒にかかる思い出です小屋が終了!私はあなたが私にこの素晴らしい話を他の多くの幸福の大きなを持って知っていると思います。どうもありがとう!
カラ、スコットランド、英国
Valérie
Step 1: Post #7

Original:
QUOTE (hoprabbit @ Jun 24 2010, 07:18 PM) *
Dear Arakawa-sensei,

You're a brilliant writer and you've inspired so many pictures and parody fiction, even just for me! I've enjoyed reading your work and watching the animated series by the same name so much, and my friends were just thrilled when I introduced them to your amazing characters. Congratulations on completing this huge project!

And just because I love her so much, I have to tell you that my favorite character is Riza Hawkeye. Between her deep connection to Roy (Who I also love very much) and her attitude I developed an idolship for her. I'm sad to see her story ends here, but still so happy of what a great character she became!

I know this letter was probably no different than the thousands you'll be receiving, but here's my two cents: It really meant something to me that a 'tiny, insignificant human' like myself could relate to a lot of what Ed is going through. With a lot of places, someone like Ed would've been just another whiny character with no mom. Thanks for giving him backbone and an automail leg to stand on.

Thank you for all those years of amazing story and hope for more of your work,

Jerrica L., United States

Google:

親愛なる荒川、先生

あなたは素晴らしい作家だとあなたは非常に多くの写真やパロディ小説をインスパイアした、だけでも、私のために!私はあなたの仕事を読んで、そんなに同じ名前のアニメシリーズを見て、そして楽しんできた私の友人は、ちょうどその時私はあなたの素晴らしい文字にそれらを導入興奮した。おめでとうこの巨大なプロジェクトを完了です。

私はそんなに彼女を愛しているからとだけ、私は私のお気に入りの文字がリザホークアイであることを伝える必要があります。ロイに彼女の深い接続(私は誰にも非常に好き)、私は彼女のためにidolshipを開発彼女の態度の間。彼女になったかな文字私は彼女の話を見て悲しいここでは、まだこれの幸せな終了!

私はこの手紙を知っているおそらくない場合は、受信されます何千もの異なるだったが、ここに私の2セントだ:それは本当に私に何かを意味それは小さな、人間は自分がエドを介して起こっている多くの関連する可能性がのような取るに足りない。多くの場所では、エドのような人はお母さんとは別の不機嫌そうな文字をしてきたと思います。彼とautomailの足を上に立つバックボーンを与えてくれてありがとう。

素晴らしいストーリーと希望のすべての年間あなたの作品の詳細は、ありがとう²
ジェリカL.とアメリカ合衆国
Valérie
Done

Step 1: Post #8

Original:
QUOTE (AXavierB @ Jul 4 2010, 11:00 AM) *
Dear Arakawa-sensei,

Thanks so much for bringing us this amazing series. It's rare that I get so attached to a work of fiction, but I love Fullmetal dearly and I'll keep on loving it for years to come. I'm genuinely sad to see it end. It's almost like losing a family member, to be honest, and I'll always be grateful to you for creating it.

The theme of the series, about overcoming all obstacles and building your future, really stood out to me. The story, the characters, all of it was incredible from beginning to end, and I feel your work has inspired me to create. I'll miss Edward, Alphonse and all the friends they made. But dwelling on the end of the series would probably go against the overarching theme of moving forward, right?

By the way, I have to say that I especially love Pride. He's been my favorite character since the final arc. Thanks for creating such a cute, adorable incarnation of pure evil. I'll miss that little guy too. Anyway, thanks again for making these last few years so great for me.

AXavierB (Austin Bell), United States

Google:

親愛なる荒川、先 生

そんなに私たちにこの素晴らしいシリーズをいただき、ありがとうございました。これはまれなこと私は小説の仕事に夢 中になるだが、私は私] [愛鋼の錬金術[/ i]は心から、私はそれを年間愛情が来るにしておこう。私は本当に最後にそれを見て悲しい。それはほとんど家族の一員を失うよ うに、正直なところだと、私はいつもあなたに感謝し、それを作成するためでしょう。

シリーズのテーマは、についてのすべ ての障害を克服し、あなたの未来を構築する、実際に私の目を引いた。物語は、文字は、すべてが信じられないほどの最初から最後までされ、私はあなたの仕事が作 成する私に影響を与えたと感じる。私はエドワード、アルフォンス、すべての友達を逃してしまう彼らが作っ た。しか し、シリーズの最後に住居はおそらく前進の包括的なテーマは、右に反するか?

ちなみに、私は、特にプライドを愛す ると言わなければならない。彼は最終的なアーク以来、私の好きな文字をされました。純粋な悪のようなかわいい、愛らし い化身を作成いただきありがとうございます。私も少し男を逃してしまう。とにかく、再度これらの最後の数年の で、私にとって作るに感謝します。
AXavierBは(オースティンベル)、アメリカ合衆国
Valérie
Step 1: Post #9

Original:
QUOTE (Radadinator @ Jul 4 2010, 10:19 PM) *
Dear Arakawa-sensei,

There are a lot of things that I love about Fullmetal Alchemist, but my favorite aspect is just how lighthearted it can be for such a dark plot. It’s amazing how Ed and Al and everybody else are so optimistic. I tend to really love sort of melancholy, reflective stories on one side and entertaining, action-packed ones on the other, and it’s truly refreshing to see a story that balances those two sides so well!

For someone who never really liked manga, Fullmetal completely blew me away. Thanks so much for creating this amazing, inspirational work and for influencing me in how I write.

And I’d have to say that Al’s definitely my favorite character, because he made me cry with his infuriating selflessness and kindness.

I've only been following Fullmetal for a few years, but it's made a huge impact on those years. Thanks again!

Kyung Min Lee, South Korea.

Google:

親愛なる荒川、先生

私は約鋼の錬金術師好きなことがたくさんですが、私のお気に入りの側面がどれだけ気軽に、そのような陰謀のためにできることです。それは驚くほどエドとアルと誰もがそう楽観視している。私は実際に1つの側面と楽しい 憂鬱、反射の物語のようなものを好きに傾向があり、アクションは他の上にものを詰め、それは本当にさわやかなので、よくこれら2つの側面をバランス物語を 見てよ!

本当に漫画が好きない人にとっては、鋼の錬金術は完全に私を吹き飛ばした。そんなにこの驚くべき、感動の作品を作成し、私が書く方法で私に影響を与えるためのありがとう。

そして私は言いたいことがあると思 いますがアル間違いなく私の好きなキャラクター、彼は彼の無私と優しさを激怒させたと私は泣いているからです。

私は数年間鋼を追ってきたが、それ はそれらの年に大きな影響を作っている。おかげで再び!
慶ミン李、韓国。
Rainshine
Step 1: Post #10

Original:
QUOTE (Jen_Elric @ Jul 4 2010, 02:13 PM) *
Dear Arakawa-sensei,

Thank you so much for creating such a wonderful series! Fullmetal Alchemist was, is, and always will be my favorite! Following the journey of Ed and Al, as they try to get their bodies back, and then seeing that they succeeded (minus Ed's leg) was fantastic! I really loved how not only did the manga have some great funny scenes, it also kept me at the edge of my seat!
Again, thank you from the bottom of my heart! And thank you for giving it the ending it deserved!

Jen_Elric, United States

P.S. I can't wait for your next series!!

Google:
親愛なる荒川、先生

そんなに素敵なシリーズを作成していただきありがとうございます!鋼の錬金術師は、であり、常に私のお気に入りになります!彼らは体が戻って取得しようとするとエドとアルの旅で、次のその彼らがマイナス(エドの足に成功見て)素晴らしかった!私が実際にどのようだけでなく、マンガはいくつかの大きな面白いシーンを持っていた愛し、それはまた私の席の端に私を維持!
繰り返しますが、私の心の底から感謝!そして、それに値することを終了することをありがとう!

Jen_Elricは、アメリカ合衆国

後記私はあなたの次のシリーズが待ちきれない!
Rainshine
Step 1: Post #11

Original:
QUOTE (IttyBittyPretty @ Jul 4 2010, 06:41 PM) *
Dear Ms. Arakawa,
From the bottom of my heart, thank you so very much. For investing several years of your life in writing and drawing Fullmetal Alchemist. For creating so many memoriable characters. Finally, for crafting a compelling narrative. You have proven that a great story will shine in any format. I look forward to reading your future works, although I hope you might revisit Edward and others from time to time.

Itty Bitty Pretty, United States

Google:
親愛なるはさん荒川
心の底から、とても多くのことを感謝します。書面であなたの人生の投資数年間と鋼の錬金術師を描く。非常に多くの記憶に残るキャラクターを作成してください。最後に、魅力的な物語を作り上げています。あなたは、素晴らしい話は任意の形式で輝くことを証明した。私はあなたのエドワードを再びかもしれないと時から他の期待が私はあなたの将来の作品を読んでは、見て。

パイパイはビティープリティ、アメリカ合衆国

===============

Step 3, Post# 11:

Step 2 process skipped

荒川様へ、

「鋼の錬金術師」を作るに、
数年間の大した仕事を頑張ったり、忘れられないキャラクターを生み出したり、すごく面白い
ストリーを書いたりしました、心から、まことにありがとうございます。

「鋼の錬金術師」は、文芸とか漫画など、どんなミーディアを用いても、映えてるえらい仕事ができることを証明しただと思います。
将来の仕事を読むことを楽しみにしていますし。時々、エドワード達のことをお見舞いしてくださいませ。

よろしくお願いします。
アメリカのItty Bitty Prettyより
Rainshine
Done

Step 1: Post #12

Original:

QUOTE (eetaman @ Jul 6 2010, 06:29 AM) *
Dear Arakawa-sensei,

This series.....is the most amazing series I have ever read/watched! I mean, I would literally stay awake at night thinking about the next chapter for Fullmetal Alchemist (as well the next episode of Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood). I am glad that I was introduced to this series back in 2004 when Fullmetal Alchemist first became an animated series. Thank you very much for your time and effort through all these years making Fullmetal Alchemist an awesome series to remember! I'll be sure to tell my children and grandchildren about it!

One of your dedicated fans,
eetaman (Linda Burks), United States

Google:
親愛なる荒川、先生

このシリーズ.....私が今まで読んだことがある最もすばらしいシリーズ/注目されて!私はつまり、私は、文字通り目を覚まし夜鋼の錬金術師(同様に鋼の錬金術師と鋼の錬金術師:Brotherhood of Steelの次のエピソードは、次の章を考えて)とどまる。私は喜んで、私はこのシリーズへ戻る2004年に鋼の錬金術師は、まずアニメシリーズとなった導入されたています。非常にあなたの時間と努力のためにこれらすべての年鋼の錬金術師最高シリーズ化による覚えてありがとう!私は子供たちとそれについての孫を教えてくださいよ!

1つの専用のファン、
eetaman(リンダバークス)、アメリカ合衆国
hand-made-city
Step 1: Post #14

Original:
QUOTE (Asagi @ Jul 7 2010, 12:30 AM) *
Dear Arakawa-sensei,

I really love Fullmetal Alchemist is the most amazing manga I have ever read.I started reading it 4 years ago and it fascinated me a lot because of the incredible story you developed and the characters that captivated me.I don't know who is my favorite character because all of them are amazing specially women.Fullmetal Alchemist and you have inspired me and given me hope.I really want to thank you for creating such wonderful series.Ed and Al finally fulfill their goals and be happy in the last chapter made me cry for happiness.Thank you a lot again and I look forward to your next work.

María Huamán, Perú

Google:

親愛なる荒川、先生

私は実際に鋼の錬金術師は、私が今まで読んだことがある最もすばらしい漫画が大好きです。私は4年前にそれを読み始めて、それが私にあなたが私を魅了文字開発信じられないほどの話のために多くのを魅了した。誰が私のお気に入りのキャラクター全員のために素晴らしい特別女性ですかわからない。鋼の錬金術師とは、私をインスパイアしていると私は願って指定された。私は実際にこのような素晴らしいシリーズを作成するためのあなたに感謝したい。エドとアルは最終的に目標を達成し、幸せな最後の章にある幸せを私は泣いている。あなたに再び多くの感謝と私はあなたの次の作業しております。

マリアHuamán、ペルー
hand-made-city
Step 1: Post 15

Original:
QUOTE (jacksparrow589 @ Jul 9 2010, 03:31 PM) *
Dear Arakawa-sensei,

Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful creation, FullMetal Alchemist, with us for the past 9 years! Since learning of it in 2005, I have looked forward to and enjoyed every new chapter. Everything about this manga—the characters, the emotions, the relationships, the plot—was very real to me, and in part helped me discover more about who I am and what I believe. (On a few other levels, I very much enjoyed FullMetal Alchemist as an amateur writer, a young woman, and a manga fan in general. Your work is very open to whoever wants to read it!)

It is hard to put into words just how much FullMetal Alchemist has meant to me on every level. It is without a doubt the most profound manga I have ever read, and is by far my favorite. It is one I know I will keep coming back to!

Congratulations on the completion of this masterpiece, and again, I thank you more than words can say for sharing it with readers worldwide!

Sincerely,

jacksparrow589 (Katy Hulsman), United States of America

Google:

親愛なる荒川、先生

非常に私たちと過去9年間のあなたの素晴らしい創造を、鋼の錬金術師、共有していただきありがとうございます!それは2005年の学習以来、私は楽しみに見て、すべての新しい章を楽しんだ。この漫画の文字についてのすべては、感情が、関係は、プロットは非常に現実的私には、され、一部で私が誰だと私は信じていますの詳細についてはわかりました。 (その他いくつかのレベルで、私は非常にアマチュア作家は、若い女性として、一般の漫画ファン鋼の錬金術師を楽しんだ。あなたの仕事は非常に誰でもそれを読みたがっているに開いている!)

は難しい言葉どれだけ鋼の錬金術師は私にすべてのレベルで意味しているに入れることです。それは間違いなく私が今まで読んだことがある最も深い漫画なしで、これまで私のお気に入りです。これは私がそれに戻ってくる予定の知っている!

おめでとう、この傑作の完了時に、 もう一度、私はあなたが以上の言葉は、読者は、世界中でそれを共有するため言うことができるありがとう!

よろしくお願いいたします。

jacksparrow589(ケイティHulsman)、アメリカ合衆国
hand-made-city
Done

Step 1: Post 16

QUOTE (Lin Yao @ Jul 10 2010, 08:29 AM) *
Dear Arakawa-sensei,

First, I want to thank you for creating such a masterpiece. Fullmetal Alchemist, to me, is the best anime and manga of all time. I really enjoyed it to a point of near obsession, haha. It really defined what true anime and manga should be. It was a privilage to read such a powerful and awesome manga, and watch such a touching, wonderful anime. Both series, FMA and FMA Brotherhood both, along with the movie, have shown what FMA is all about. I really enjoy the series and I"m glad it was able to end on a good note. While I'm sad that it had to end so soon, at the same time, I'm glad it ended while it was still popular. FMA is a part of my life, and I will never forget FMA for as long as I live. My favourite characters were (and still are): Roy, Ed, Al, Hughes, Winry, Ling, Havoc, Riza, and Lan Fan (yes I couldn't choose, almost all of the characters you created were just so good!). I hope to see more of your work someday and hope that it will be just as good as FMA was. I look forward to your next work. Shanghai Yōmakikai and Hero Tales look like great series and will look forward to seeing them soon.

Congratulations on such a wonderful masterpiece, Arakawa-sensei!

Sincerely,

Lin Yao (Josh Grimes), Canada

Google:

親愛なる荒川、先生

まず、私はこのような傑作を作成するためのあなたに感謝したい。鋼の錬金術師は、私には、最高のアニメ、すべての時間の漫画です。私は本当に近くに執着、母のポイントにそれを楽しんだ。それは実際に何が本当のアニメや漫画はする必要があります定義されます。これは、特権ような強力な、素晴らしい漫画を読むことであり、このような感動、素晴らしいアニメを見る。両シリーズは、FMAはとFMA同胞の両方とともに、映画で、何FMAはすべてについて示されている。私は実際にシリーズを楽しみにして私は"喜んでは良い雰囲気で終了することができたメートル私は悲しいことがこんなに早く終了すると同時に、あったんが、私は喜んでそれはまだ人気があったが、それが終了しています。 FMAは私の人生の一部であり、私は生きている私は長い間、FMAは決して忘れないだろう。私のお気に入りの文字が(今いる)された:ロイ、エド、アル、ヒューズ、ウィンリィ、リン、ハボック、リザ、およびLAN扇風機(はい私は、ほとんどすべての文字の場合は、ちょうどいいでした!)を作成を選択できませんでした。私はいつかあなたの作品の詳細を見てほしい、それだけでとして良いFMAはされることを期待私は楽しみにして次の仕事上海Yōmakikaiとヒーローの物語は素晴らしいシリーズと同じように見てお待ちしてお待ちしておりますれます。

おめでとうこのような素晴らしい傑作で、荒川先生!

よろしくお願いいたします。

リンヤオ(ジョシュグライムス)、カナダ
Rainshine
Step 1: Post #19

Original:

QUOTE (Nefertekas @ Jul 10 2010, 08:35 AM) *
Dear Arakawa-sensei,

Where should I begin? I've been an anime fan since I can remember. I "met" the first FMA anime in 2005 and I liked it very much.

Reading your manga a year and a half ago, my passion for anime was rekindled!

Never have I read such a deep story, with intense characters and mind-twisting plot.
I have never laughed so hard or cried so much with a story. You transported us into a different world, taught us valuable lessons... You got us to THINK.

Having to wait a month between each chapter was both painful and exhilerating, and each time the 11th of each month approached my heart throbbed out of expectation.

In just a year and a half a new element was added into my life and it will always be here: my fullmetal heart. It was also a privilege to watch the characters grow and your art with them!

Thank you: for all the time invested, all the happiness you brought your fans, all the deep emotions. The adventure, the friendship, the moral values, the humanity of it. The characters I love and know so well, because you INSISTED on making them all so perfect.

So thank you also for a lovely, happy ending. The best ever. Good thing Ed grew taller, otherwise Winry wouldn't have married him, right? ; )

Love from,

Nefertekas (Teresa Semedo), Portugal

Google:
親愛なる荒川、先生

どこで始めるか?私はアニメファンを私が覚えて以来だ。私は""2005年に最初のFMAはアニメに会い、私はそれを非常に気に入った。

1年半前にあなたの漫画を読むと、アニメへの情熱が再燃した!

決して私はこのような深い話を読んで、強烈なキャラクターと心ねじれプロット持つ。
私はハードまたはそんなに話を叫んだ笑ったことがない。別の世界に、私たちを輸送に、貴重な教訓を教えて...あなたの考えに私たちを得た。

各章では、両方の痛みとexhileratingいた間の一カ月待って、その都度、毎月11日を私の心を期待高鳴る近づくこと。

わずか1年半の新しい要素では私の人生に追加され、それがいつもここになります:私の鋼の錬金術中心。また、権限の文字は、それらを使用してアート成長を見守ることだった!

ありがとう:すべての時間を投資して、すべての幸せあなたのファンを持って、すべての深い感情。冒険、友情、道徳的価値観、それを人間。私の大好きなキャラクターと知っているのでよく、それらのすべてのように完璧なように主張したためです。

だからまた、素敵な、ハッピーエンドをありがとう。これまでで最高。事エドグッドは背の高い、それ以外のウィンリィは、右の彼と結婚しなかっただろう育った? ;)

愛から、

Nefertekasは(テレサセメド)、ポルトガル
hand-made-city
Step 1: Post 24

Original:
QUOTE (Turdaewen @ Jul 12 2010, 11:53 PM) *
Dear Arakawa-Sensei

It has been an honor and a delight to read and watch Fullmetal Alchemist. It has been a constant companion of mine for quite a few years, now. Every since 2003, when I first got to hear about it, I fell in love not only with FA, but with all the works you’ve made. It had been years since I liked any mangakas’ work this much.
I was for quite a while away from the world of anime and, honestly, was quite tired of its stories and your works gave me back my enthusiasm for it. It reaches me to a level beyong my understanding.
Although I’m sad it’s over, It holds much more beauty, a story were you have a message to pass and, as you do, close it. It gives a sense of completeness.
You have won a lifetime fan in me, you can be sure of that. Congratulations for such a masterpiece and good luck with your carreer. I hope to hear a lot more about you.

Turdaewen – Raquel Gontijo - Brazil

Google:

親愛なる荒川先生

これは、名誉と喜びを読んで、鋼の錬金術師を見ている。これはかなりの数年間、今私の定数コンパニオンをされている。すべては2003年以来、私が最初に聞くようになったが、私は愛のFAだけではなく、落ちたのが、作ったすべての作品。私はmangakasの作品をこれほど好きなのでそれは年をしていた。
私はかなり長い間だったアニメの世界から離れと、正直なところ、非常にその物語の、あなたの作品疲れていたそれを私の熱意を私に返した。これは、レベル私の理解のかなたに私に達する。
私は悲しいが、それが終わる、それははるかに美しさを保持し、話は、あなたのメッセージを渡す必要がと、あなたは、それを閉じてくださいの通りであった。それは完全感を与える。
あなたは私の生涯のファンを獲得している場合は、そののことを確認することができます。おめでとうあなたのキャリアでこのような傑作と幸運です。私はあなたについて多くを聞いてほしい。

Turdaewen - ラケルGontijo - ブラジル

Valérie
Done

Step 3: Post #12
Step-2 process skipped

Original:
QUOTE (eetaman @ Jul 6 2010, 06:29 AM) *
Dear Arakawa-sensei,

This series.....is the most amazing series I have ever read/watched! I mean, I would literally stay awake at night thinking about the next chapter for Fullmetal Alchemist (as well the next episode of Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood). I am glad that I was introduced to this series back in 2004 when Fullmetal Alchemist first became an animated series. Thank you very much for your time and effort through all these years making Fullmetal Alchemist an awesome series to remember! I'll be sure to tell my children and grandchildren about it!

One of your dedicated fans,
eetaman (Linda Burks), United States

Final Translation:

親愛なる荒川先生へ

鋼の錬金術師は 私が今まで読んだ作品の中で最も素晴らしい作品で した。
夜眠らずに 鋼の錬金術師 BROTHERHOOD OF STEELの次のエピソードを考えるほどです。
2004年にこの作品がアニメ化されたことをうれしく思います。
この作品に費やされたお時間とあなたの努力に感 謝いたします。
もちろんこの作品についてわたしの子供たちにも孫たちにも語り継いでいくつもりです。
あなたの大ファンのひとり eetaman リンダバークスより
アメリカ合衆国
Naivete
Done

Step 2: Post #2

Original:
Dear Arakawa-sensei,

I'm sure you hear this a lot, but I'm still going to say it: you're brilliant! I love your manga biggrin.gif
I've only started reading Fullmetal Alchemist last year, but fell in love with it almost immediately.
Even though the story is in a fantasy setting, I like that there's an underlying logic. It always amuses me how something unexpected happens, but it's perfectly logical in hindsight, like Al exchanging his soul for Ed's arm(oh, Al! Welcome back!)
Also, the consistency of characters are amazing, and they are all so likable <3 You even make me feel sorry for the bad guys like Envy and Greed T^T
I really enjoy re-reading the manga because I'll notice details I missed (like Shao May sticking to Roy's face, haha -vol.12), or think about things differently.
The omakes are really funny too (I certainly wouldn't mind 100 pages of them XD)

I would really like to thank you for creating Fullmetal Alchemist, for all your hard work, and for bringing joy to fans around the world. ありがとうございます!

Whippersnapper, Malaysia

Google:

親愛なる荒川先生

私はあなたがこの場を聞くことだけど、私はまだそれを言うつもりです:あなたは素晴らしいです!私はあなたの漫画が好き biggrin.gif
私が始めた昨年、鋼の錬金術師を読んできたが、恋にすぐに落ちた。
物語はファンタジーの設定にあるにもかかわらず、私はそこに、基になるロジックですが好きです。それはいつも私をどのように何か異変が楽しませるが、それは完全に後知恵の論理、アルはエドの腕(オハイオ州、アル!こんにちは!)の彼の魂を交換するようなものだ
また、文字の整合性は驚くべきものがあり、すべてが非常に好感が持てる<3あなたも私が残念ねたみとギレンのTのような悪者の^ Tを感じさせるている
私は実際に私は(少5のようにロイの顔に付着逃した詳細を気づくために再漫画を読んで楽しんで、母-第12巻)、またはには約物が異なると思います。
おまけは本当に面白いも(私は確かにXDをそれらの100ページを気にしないだろう)が

私は実際に鋼の錬金術師を作成していただき感謝したい、すべてのハードワークのため、ファンには、世界中の喜びをもたらすため。ありがとうございます!
Whippersnapper、マレーシア

Translation-1:

荒川先生ヘ,

いつも聞いているはずですが、まだ言うつもりです:荒川先生は素晴らしいです!あなたの漫画が大好きです。 biggrin.gif
去年鋼の錬金術師を読んで始めましたが、すぐ気にいていました。
物語はファンタジーに設定にされても、基になるロジックがある事が好きです。はずがない事が起こりますが、後から考えると、とても論理的だと思います。例えば、アルがエドの腕のために、魂を交換する事です(あっ、アル!お帰り!)。
そして、キャラクターの一貫性はすごいし、みんあは好ましいです。♥ 悪いやつのエンビーやグリードにも気の毒に思ってなります。T^T
前に気が付かなかった事をき付いている(例えば、シャオがロイの顔にスティックされた事、ハハ -単行本十二)とか、違う面で考えられますから、漫画をもう一度読む事を本当に楽しみます。
おまけもとてもおかしいです(百ページのおまけをもちろんかまいません。xD)
鋼の錬金術師を作った事、努力と世界中のファンたちに幸せをあげる事を本当に感謝します。ありがとうございます!

ウーッパスナッパ、マレージア
Naivete
Done

Step 2: Post #4

Original:
Dear Arakawa-sensei,

“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return.” –For all the effort you’ve put into this series, and for all the happiness you’ve given us through this manga, you deserve to get a lot of praise, thanks, and much more in return! ( happy.gif )

Thank you very much!

Cherry-chan, Philippines

Google:

親愛なる荒川、先生

"人類は最初のお返しに何かを与える" - あなたはこのシリーズに置かれているすべての努力、あなたはこの漫画を通じて私たちを与えてくれたすべての幸福のための場合は、称賛の多くを得るには、感謝に値することなく何かを得ることができないと、多くの見返りに! ( happy.gif )

どうもありがとう!
チェリーちゃん、フィリピン

Translation-1

荒川先生へ、

まず、おめでとうございます!鋼の錬金術師は素晴らしいように終わったし、あなたの努力は本当に報いました。

前に、少年の漫画に興味がありませんでしたが、去年ハガレンを見つけた時に、もうすぐ見つけらなかった事を後悔しました。でも、一年間でも、鋼の錬金術師を楽しむ事ができてよかったです。毎月次の出版を待って、苦しかったですが、新劇的で、いつも待っていると報いました。

鋼の錬金術師はきっと私の無類な漫画です。主人公や敵対者やサポートのキャラクターは自分の魅力があって、好ましいです。鋼の錬金術師の物語は教え難かったですが、よくでみました。特殊とよく考えた筋書きとキャラクター。。。敵手がないと思います。

「人は何かの犠牲なしに、何も得ることはできない」 -この作品に費やされた努力とこの漫画で私達にあげた幸せの代わりに、賞賛や感謝をあたえるはずです。(happy.gif)

ありがとうございます!

チェリーちゃん、フィリピン
hand-made-city
Step 1: Post 25

Original:
QUOTE (inuhana @ Jul 17 2010, 10:24 PM) *
Arakawa-sensei,
Fullmetal Alchemist has, in short, changed my life. Aside from being an wonderfully story with engaging characters, your work has influenced my daily life. Sometimes, I see a situation and think, "What would Edward do here?" Ah, thank you, thank you so much. Now, I am enjoying Juushin Enbu.
With much appreciation,
inuhana
Rebecca Brown
United States of America

Google:

荒川、先生
鋼の錬金術師は、要するに、ある私の人生を変えた。ほかにすばらしく魅力的なキャラクターと話をされてから、あなたの仕事は私の日常生活に影響を与えている。時には、私は状況は、"何がエドワードここにすると思うか?"ああ、ありがとうそんなにありがとう。今、私はJuushin演武を楽しんでいます。
多くの感謝、と
inuhana
レベッカブラウン
北米合衆国
Naivete
Done
Step 2: Post #8

Original:
Dear Arakawa-sensei,

Thanks so much for bringing us this amazing series. It's rare that I get so attached to a work of fiction, but I love Fullmetal dearly and I'll keep on loving it for years to come. I'm genuinely sad to see it end. It's almost like losing a family member, to be honest, and I'll always be grateful to you for creating it.

The theme of the series, about overcoming all obstacles and building your future, really stood out to me. The story, the characters, all of it was incredible from beginning to end, and I feel your work has inspired me to create. I'll miss Edward, Alphonse and all the friends they made. But dwelling on the end of the series would probably go against the overarching theme of moving forward, right?

By the way, I have to say that I especially love Pride. He's been my favorite character since the final arc. Thanks for creating such a cute, adorable incarnation of pure evil. I'll miss that little guy too. Anyway, thanks again for making these last few years so great for me.

Google:

親愛なる荒川、先 生

そんなに私たちにこの素晴らしいシリーズをいただき、ありがとうございました。これはまれなこと私は小説の仕事に夢 中になるだが、私は私] [愛鋼の錬金術[/ i]は心から、私はそれを年間愛情が来るにしておこう。私は本当に最後にそれを見て悲しい。それはほとんど家族の一員を失うよ うに、正直なところだと、私はいつもあなたに感謝し、それを作成するためでしょう。

シリーズのテーマは、についてのすべ ての障害を克服し、あなたの未来を構築する、実際に私の目を引いた。物語は、文字は、すべてが信じられないほどの最初から最後までされ、私はあなたの仕事が作 成する私に影響を与えたと感じる。私はエドワード、アルフォンス、すべての友達を逃してしまう彼らが作っ た。しか し、シリーズの最後に住居はおそらく前進の包括的なテーマは、右に反するか?

ちなみに、私は、特にプライドを愛す ると言わなければならない。彼は最終的なアーク以来、私の好きな文字をされました。純粋な悪のようなかわいい、愛らし い化身を作成いただきありがとうございます。私も少し男を逃してしまう。とにかく、再度これらの最後の数年の で、私にとって作るに感謝します。
AXavierBは(オースティンベル)、アメリカ合衆国

Translation-1

この素晴らしい作品をあげてくれてありがとうございます。小説がこんなに好き事はし難しいですが、鋼の錬金術が大好きで、将来何年間好き続きます。終わりを見て本当に悲しいです。実は、家族がなくなる感じだそうで、作ったから、いつも感謝します。

作品の困難を征服して未来を確立する主題が目立ちました。物語やキャラクター、全部は最初から最後まですごくて、何かを作る感じが刺激されました。エドワードとアルフォンスと彼達ができた友達を恋い慕います。でも作品の終わりをいつも考えたら、包括的な主題に反対するでしょう?

ところで、私は特にプライドが好きです。最後の分から一番好きなキャラクターでした。そんなに可愛くて愛おしい悪の化身を作ったありがとう。その小さいやつも恋い慕います。とにかく、またこれらの最後の数年が素晴らしいになる事を感謝します。

AXavierB(オーステンベル)、アメリカ合衆国
---
Huge potential for some awkward expressions (as with my previous translations). Hope someone fixes it up. smile.gif
Naivete
Done

Step 2: Post 25

Original:
Arakawa-sensei,
Fullmetal Alchemist has, in short, changed my life. Aside from being an wonderfully story with engaging characters, your work has influenced my daily life. Sometimes, I see a situation and think, "What would Edward do here?" Ah, thank you, thank you so much. Now, I am enjoying Juushin Enbu.
With much appreciation,
inuhana
Rebecca Brown
United States of America

Google:

荒川、先生
鋼の錬金術師は、要するに、ある私の人生を変えた。ほかにすばらしく魅力的なキャラクターと話をされてから、あなたの仕事は私の日常生活に影響を与えている。時には、私は状況は、"何がエドワードここにすると思うか?"ああ、ありがとうそんなにありがとう。今、私はJuushin演武を楽しんでいます。
多くの感謝、と
inuhana
レベッカブラウン
北米合衆国

Translation-1

荒川先生へ、
要は、鋼の錬金術師は私の人生を変わりました。素晴らしい物語と面白いキャラクターの他に、この作品が私の日々を変わりました。時々何かを見て、「エドは今どうするかな?」と思います。あっ、ありがとう、ありがとうございます。今獣神演武を楽しんでいます。
たくさんの感謝、
inuhana
レベッカブラウン
北米合衆国

Valérie
Done

Step 3: Post #10
Step-2 process skipped

Original:
QUOTE (Jen_Elric @ Jul 4 2010, 02:13 PM) *
Dear Arakawa-sensei,

Thank you so much for creating such a wonderful series! Fullmetal Alchemist was, is, and always will be my favorite! Following the journey of Ed and Al, as they try to get their bodies back, and then seeing that they succeeded (minus Ed's leg) was fantastic! I really loved how not only did the manga have some great funny scenes, it also kept me at the edge of my seat!
Again, thank you from the bottom of my heart! And thank you for giving it the ending it deserved!

Jen_Elric, United States

P.S. I can't wait for your next series!!

Final translation:

親愛なる荒川先生へ
このような素晴らしい作品を作成していただき感謝いたします。
鋼の錬術師は、これからずっとわたしのお気に入りのシリーズとなるでしょう。
EDとALが旅の最中に彼らの体を取り戻そうとし、成功するシーンは
素晴らしかったです。私はこの作品の映像の素晴らしさだけでなく はらはらさせられるサスペンスが本当に気に入りました。心のそこからこの作品と納得のいく完結の仕方に感謝します。
追伸、あなたの次の作品が待ち遠しいです。
jen elricアメリカ合衆国
hand-made-city
Step 1: Post 26

Original:
QUOTE (DSender @ Jul 18 2010, 06:33 AM) *
Dear Hiromu Arakawa,

I´m so glad that I can thank you of this way. FMA isn´t only a manga, it´s a great story with great characters and you can learn a lot about it. There are many moments in it that I love and I can say that this is my favourite story ever.

If I had to choose a character I would choose Van Hohenheim. He´s my favourite character, a person with a sad past that has been living his own life with all those feelings and memories... a father that couldn´t give their sons all that he would like, his love for Trisha and his sons... it´s wonderful. But choosing only one character is hard and there are many great deep characters... every character is amazing!

Oh, and I love the ending and those words of the end... "a fullmetal heart..."
And the Hohenheim´s death... wonderful...

I can imagine that you are not only a great mangaka but a great person too. Congratulations for your work, keep it up!
Good luck and be so happy!

P.S. now I´m buying "hero tales" ^^
Also, I'm sending you a present, my "thank you" fanart that is also being sent in this mail to you. It's showing my sculpture re-creation of your famous "cow" figure. I hope you like it!

DSender, Daniel Sender, Spain

Google:

親愛なる弘荒川、

私は、私はこの方法であなたに感謝することができますうれしい。 FMAは大きな文字でのみマンガも難しくな話ではない、あなたはそれについて多くを学ぶことができます。そこに多くの瞬間、私は大好きです、私は、これが私のお気に入りの話までと言うことができます。

私はバンホーエンハイムを選ぶだろう文字を選択していた場合。彼は私のお気に入りの文字は、すべての人の感情や思い出を自分の生活をされている悲しい過去を持つ人だ...自分の息子をすべて彼が希望を与えることができなかった父、トリシャとその息子たちのための彼の愛...とても素晴らしいのよ。しかし、1文字だけを選択してハードですが、多くの偉大な深い文字が...すべての文字が素晴らしいです!

ああ、私の大好きな、最後の言葉終了... "鋼の錬金術心..."
そしてホーエンハイムの死...素晴らしい...

私は、あなたは偉大な漫画家が偉大な人もいないと想像することができます。これであなたの仕事のために、それを維持する!
幸運と幸せが!

後記今、私は"英雄の物語"を^ ^買って
また、私はあなたを現在送っている、また、このメールでお客様に送信されている私の"ありがとう"ファンアート。それはあなたの有名な"牛"の図私の彫刻の再作成を示している。私はそれが好きなのね!

DSender、ダニエル送信、スペイン

hand-made-city
Step 1: Post 28

Original:
QUOTE (sealy7 @ Jul 19 2010, 06:29 PM) *
Dear Arakawa-sensei,

Thank you for nine years of an awesome manga! When I started Fullmetal Alchemist at the age of eight, I had no idea the series would become such a considerable part in my life. FMA has taught me so much about life, learning, and determination. I hope you're extremely proud of the world you've created, because while it's technically only on paper, the life lessons you can learn from the series transcend make the series as real to me as the air I'm breathing or the chair I'm sitting in. FMA is unlike any other manga out there, because you put what really is important in life and mixed it with great character depth and plot growth. If I were to pick a favorite character, it'd probably be Winry Rockbell, because she's such a strong heroine and a role model for us girls. You are an amazing artist and writer, and I'm looking forward to your next series! Thank you so much for sharing FMA!

Sincerely,
sealy7, United States of America

Google: (note - Google translate won't translate some of this very well for some reason..)

親愛なる荒川、先生

素晴らしい漫画の9年間ありがとうございました!私は8歳の時に鋼の錬金術師を始め、私はシリーズは私の人生でこのようなかなりの部分になるとは考えていた。 FMAは、人生そんなにについては、学習を教えてくれたと決意。それは技術的に唯一の紙Onのwhile、人生のレッスンでは、シリーズから学ぶことから私はあなたがextremely world ofあなたcreatedて誇りに思っている、願って私に真のasシリーズを作る超越私、または椅子呼吸'm airとしてあなたは本当に生活の中で重要な、大きな文字の深さとプロットの成長を混ぜたものに置くから、私はFMAはインチ座ってそこany他の漫画とは違って、です。私は好きな文字を選択した場合、彼女は私たちのような強力なヒロインと役割モデルの女の子だから、それはおそらくウィンリィロックベルになると思います。あなたは素晴らしいアーティスト、作家であり、私はあなたの次のシリーズを探しています!そんなに共有FMAはありがとうございました!

よろしくお願いいたします。
sealy7、アメリカ合衆国

Naivete
Step 2: Post #7

Original:
Dear Arakawa-sensei,

You're a brilliant writer and you've inspired so many pictures and parody fiction, even just for me! I've enjoyed reading your work and watching the animated series by the same name so much, and my friends were just thrilled when I introduced them to your amazing characters. Congratulations on completing this huge project!

And just because I love her so much, I have to tell you that my favorite character is Riza Hawkeye. Between her deep connection to Roy (Who I also love very much) and her attitude I developed an idolship for her. I'm sad to see her story ends here, but still so happy of what a great character she became!

I know this letter was probably no different than the thousands you'll be receiving, but here's my two cents: It really meant something to me that a 'tiny, insignificant human' like myself could relate to a lot of what Ed is going through. With a lot of places, someone like Ed would've been just another whiny character with no mom. Thanks for giving him backbone and an automail leg to stand on.

Google:

親愛なる荒川、先生

あなたは素晴らしい作家だとあなたは非常に多くの写真やパロディ小説をインスパイアした、だけでも、私のために!私はあなたの仕事を読んで、そんなに同じ名前のアニメシリーズを見て、そして楽しんできた私の友人は、ちょうどその時私はあなたの素晴らしい文字にそれらを導入興奮した。おめでとうこの巨大なプロジェクトを完了です。

私はそんなに彼女を愛しているからとだけ、私は私のお気に入りの文字がリザホークアイであることを伝える必要があります。ロイに彼女の深い接続(私は誰にも非常に好き)、私は彼女のためにidolshipを開発彼女の態度の間。彼女になったかな文字私は彼女の話を見て悲しいここでは、まだこれの幸せな終了!

私はこの手紙を知っているおそらくない場合は、受信されます何千もの異なるだったが、ここに私の2セントだ:それは本当に私に何かを意味それは小さな、人間は自分がエドを介して起こっている多くの関連する可能性がのような取るに足りない。多くの場所では、エドのような人はお母さんとは別の不機嫌そうな文字をしてきたと思います。彼とautomailの足を上に立つバックボーンを与えてくれてありがとう。

素晴らしいストーリーと希望のすべての年間あなたの作品の詳細は、ありがとう²
ジェリカL.とアメリカ合衆国

Translation-1

荒川先生へ、

素晴らしい作家で色々な絵やパロディを刺激しました、私だけのためでも!作品を読んでアニメを見る事が本当に好きで、素晴らしいキャラクターを友達に紹介したから、友達もワクワクしました。このでかいプロジェクトを終わっておめでとうございます!

本当に大好きだから、一番好きなリザホークアイの事が言いたいです。ロイ(彼も大好き)と深い関係がある事と彼女の態度にとって、リザを感心します。彼女の話はここまで悲しいですが、すごいキャラクターになったからうれしいです。

この手紙は別なもらっている千通の手紙とちがいません事を知っていますが、意見が言いたいです:私のような「小さい警備な人間」はエドがけいけんする事によく関連でる事は私にとって本当に大事です。たくさんのところで、エドは別な不機嫌そうなお母さんがないキャラクターだけになります。

エドに立てる勇気とオートメールの足をあげてありがとうございます。

これらの数年の素晴らしい物語に感謝して作品の多くのを希望します。

Jerrica L.、アメリカ合衆国
Valérie
Step 1: Post #29

Original:
QUOTE (EniviD EiraM @ Jul 24 2010, 12:26 PM) *
Dearest Arakawa-sensei,

First of all, I would like to congratulate you for the great success of Fullmetal ALchemist. It was the best! Your work inspired me to overcome hardships with courage and to learn from my mistakes. FMA isn't just like any manga series filled with action and comedy but it is also a series that lectures about life and is based from some reality.

Sensei, thank you very much for your hardwork. I hope you will continue to inspire other people. Thank you for that cool pipsqueak alchemist you created.

More Power !

Sincerely,
Divine Marie, Philippines

Google:

親愛なる荒川、先生

まず第一に、私は鋼の錬金術師の偉大な成功のためにあなたを祝福したいと思います。それは最高でした!あなたの仕事は私に勇気と困難を克服するために私の過ちから学ぶように促した。 FMAは任意の漫画アクションとコメディでいっぱいのようではないが、それはまた、人生についての講義も現実から基づいているシリーズです。

先生は、非常に多くのお客様つかれありがとうございました。私はあなたが他の人々を鼓舞し続けることを望む。クールな小心者の錬金術師いただきありがとうございます、作成した。

その他のパワー!

よろしくお願いいたします。
神のマリー、フィリピン
Nagareboshi
Done

Step 3: Post #2

Original:
Dear Arakawa-sensei,

Whippersnapper, Malaysia

Final Translation:

荒川先生ヘ,

いつも聞くかもしれませんが、まだ言うつもりです:荒川先生は素晴らしいです!先生の漫画が大好きです。
去年鋼の錬金術師を読み始めましたが、ほとんどすぐ大好きになりました。
物語はファンタジーの世界で置くのに、下に横たわっているロジックがあるのが好きです。予想外な何が如何に起こるのはいつも面白がっていますが、後知恵にちゃんと論理的です。例えば、エドの右腕のためには、アルが魂を交換します(あっ、アル!お帰り!)。
キャラクターの一貫性は凄くて、好ましいです。♥ 私は先生にエンヴィとグリードのような悪人を気の毒に思わされます。T^T
前に読み過ごした細部を気が付く、それとも事を別個に考えるので、漫画を本当に読み返すのは楽しみます(例えば、十二単行本でシャオ・メイがロイの顔にしがみつきました、フフ)。
おまけはとてもおかしいです(百ページをもちろんかまいませんxD)。
鋼の錬金術師を作って、すべての努力で、世界中でファンに喜びをあげてくれてありがとうございました。

ウーッパスナッパ、マレージア

hand-made-city
Step 1: Post 30

Original:
QUOTE (Keos @ Jul 25 2010, 09:16 AM) *
Dear Arakawa-sensei,

Thank you for so meticulously crafting such a wonderful, wonderful manga ("Fullmetal Alchemist"), the world and its science, the characters and their feelings and the epic plot! I just want to let you know how much I enjoyed reading the manga and how much I appreciate you writing such a satisfying and happy ending for the characters whom I love. ^ ^ It is so rare nowadays to come across a good manga with a realistic and yet happy ending, so I am very grateful to see you include it! Once again, thank you for creating such a wonderful manga from Start to Finish and I look forward to your next work!

Keos (from Australia).

PS: EdWin forever! Both Ed and Al are my favourites smile.gif

Google:

親愛なる荒川、先生

ので、細心の注意("鋼の錬金術師")は、世界とその科学、文字とその感情や壮大なプロットをこのように、素晴らしい素晴らしい漫画をクラフトしていただきありがとうございます!私はちょうどあなたがどのようくらいは漫画を読んで楽しんで、どれだけ私はあなたの書き込みに感謝知っているようにWannaのような満足と私は大好きcharactersエンディングhappy。 ^ ^それはそう最近良い漫画間私は非常に感謝して、まだハッピーエンド、現実的なので、一緒に来る珍しいあなたはそれが含まれて参照することです!もう一度、最初から最後までこのような素晴らしい漫画を作成していただきありがとうございます、私は楽しみに次の作業しております!

ケオス(オーストラリア)から。

シモンズ:エドウィン永遠に!両方のエドとアルは私のお気に入りです:)
hand-made-city
Step 1: Post 32

Original:
QUOTE (InuNaruPokeAlchemist @ Jul 25 2010, 06:08 PM) *
Dear Arakawa-sensei,

I've been watching the Fullmetal Alchemist anime for almost two years now. I still can not find any series more intense or as epic as your creation, Fullmetal Alchemist. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for making such an amazing series.
It helped me get out of a bad time during my life. In 2008, I tragically lost all my living grandparents in a 5 month time frame. It was sad, but then I discovered Fullmetal Alchemist. It has changed the way I view the world.
I loved everything about the series, from the characters, to the story, to the amazing plot twists and the alchemy. Truly amazing! A part of me died inside when I found out it had ended. The series itself is amazing, and very well written.
Sensei, there are not enough words to describe my gratitude for making such an amazing series. I wish I would have gotten into this series the day it came out in the USA, truly remarkable. I look forward to watching the rest of the Brotherhood anime and reading the manga. Thank you for making Fullmetal Alchemist.

Love,
15 year old girl, InuNaruPokeAlchemist, USA

Google:

親愛なる荒川、先生

私はほぼ2年になります鋼の錬金術師のアニメを見ている。私はまだすべてのシリーズは、より強い見つけることができない、またはあなたの創造、鋼の錬金術師としての叙事詩である。私は心の底からこのような素晴らしいシリーズを作るためのあなたに感謝したい。
それは私が悪い時の私の人生に得るのを助けた。 2008年、私は悲劇的な5ヶ月の時間枠内のすべての私の生活祖父母を失った。それは悲しいだったが、それから、私は鋼の錬金術師を発見した。それは私が世界を表示する方法を変更しています。
私は文字から、ストーリーに、驚くほどのプロットをひねり、錬金術には、シリーズについては、すべてを追加しました。本当に素晴らしい!私はそれが終了したことを知ったときに私の一部が内部で死亡した。シリーズ自体は驚くべきであり、非常によく書き込まれます。
先生は、十分な言葉を私の感謝の気持ちを説明するためにこのような素晴らしいシリーズを作るためではありません。私はこのシリーズに日には、米国では、本当に驚くべき出て得ていることを望む。私は前方同胞アニメの残りの部分を見たりすると漫画を読んでおります。鋼の錬金術師を作るためのいただきありがとうございます。

愛、
15歳の女の子、InuNaruPokeAlchemist、アメリカ合衆国
hand-made-city
Step 1: Post 33

Original:
QUOTE (hand-made-city @ Jul 25 2010, 07:58 PM) *
Dear Arakawa-sensei,

I first began to read Fullmetal Alchemist in 2007, when I was starting my first year of college. Your work had such a strong ability to entertain and engage me, and gave me so much to look forward to in life, even during hard times. Like you, I aspire to being an artist someday. I will continue working towards my goal, just as Ed and Al have done throughout their own journey. Thank you for inspiring me and so many others with your wonderful series! I look forward to your future works!

Sincerely,
Victoria (United States of America)

Google:

親愛なる荒川、先生

私は2007年に初めて、私は大学の私の最初の1年を始めていた鋼の錬金術師を読み始めた。あなたの仕事は、このような強力な能力を楽しませる、私に従事したと私ので楽しみ生活の中でに見るために多くのを与え、つらい時にも。あなたと同様に、私は芸術家いつかされてことを熱望する。私は目標に向かって作業と同様に、エドとアルは自分の旅で行っていきます。感激していただきありがとうございます私とあなたの素晴らしいシリーズには多くの他!私はあなたの将来の作品を見て!

よろしくお願いいたします。
ビクトリアは(アメリカアメリカ合衆国)
hand-made-city
Step 1: Post 34

Original:
QUOTE (QueenTiria @ Jul 26 2010, 12:05 AM) *
To Arakawa-sensei

Your works have changed my whole perspective on manga, and to date, Fullmetal Alchemist is the best story I have ever watched or read, in any language. To me your original ideas, your messages that you get across by your amazing artwork and dialogue is something that is so amazing. You truly are the Cow Goddess XD

I wanted to let you know that your stories and manga are one of a kind- it is so much more than the ordinary battle shounen manga, that I think it needs a new category! Truly, this saga is even better than Harry Potter. You are so so talented and FMA has been an important part of my life. I am sad, but I am happy to see you bring to a close a complete and epic story (instead of going on for 23902802380 chapters as other manga seem to have). Thank you giving me the honour to read such an amazing work, and I look forward to your next story!

QueenTiria (Tracey L.), Australia

Google:

荒川先生に

あなたの作品はマンガ、日付に私の全体の視点を変更して、鋼の錬金術師は私が見ているか、読み取り、任意の言語で最高の物語です。私にあなたの独創的なアイデアには、メッセージがあなたの素晴らしい作品との対話によって理解させるように素晴らしいですものです。あなたは本当に牛の女神XDのです

私はあなたが、あなたのストーリーや漫画は1種類です知ってもらいたい - それが以前よりもずっと普通の戦闘少年漫画よりも、私はそれが新しいカテゴリを必要と考えている!本当に、この物語は、さらに『ハリーポッター』よりも優れています。あなたは、あまりにも才能とFMAは私の人生の重要な役割をされているです。私は悲しいけど、私は幸せあなたが近く、壮大なストーリー(代わりの完全に行くを、他の漫画as 23902802380章の持って参照してください午前いるように見える)。あなたは私の名誉をこのような素晴らしい作品を読んで与えて、私は楽しみに次の話を見ていただきありがとうございます!

QueenTiria(トレーシーL.)の、オーストラリア
Nagareboshi
Done

Step 3: Post #4

Original:
Dear Arakawa-sensei,

“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return.” –For all the effort you’ve put into this series, and for all the happiness you’ve given us through this manga, you deserve to get a lot of praise, thanks, and much more in return! ( happy.gif )

Thank you very much!

Cherry-chan, Philippines

Final Translation:

荒川先生へ

まず、おめでとうございます!鋼の錬金術師は素晴らしく終わって、努力は本当に全部払いました。

前に、少年の漫画に興味がありませんでしたが、去年ハガレンを見つけた時、前に見つけるのを悔やみました。でも、少なくとも一年間鋼の錬金術師を知って、楽しみてよかったです。毎月チャプターの解放を待っているのは苦しめましたけれど、興奮して、いつも甲斐がありました。

鋼の錬金術師は私の大好きな漫画としてきっと無敵です。主人公か敵対者かサポートのキャラクターに関わらず、其々のキャラクターは私に好きにならせる魅力があります。鋼の錬金術師を描くのは単純じゃなかったですが、よくできました。特殊で、考え抜いた筋書きとキャラクターのは比較が無いと思います。

「人間は何かの犠牲なしに何も得る事などできない」 -この作品に努力を費やして、漫画で私達に幸せをあげましたの代わりに、先生はたくさん賞賛や感謝やもっとたくさんに値します。(happy.gif )

ありがとうございました!

チェリーちゃん、フィリピン

Nagareboshi
Done

Step 3: Post #25

Original:
Arakawa-sensei,
With much appreciation,
inuhana
Rebecca Brown
United States of America

Final Translation:

荒川先生へ、
要は、鋼の錬金術師は私の人生に変わりました。素晴らしい物語と面白いキャラクター他に、この作品が私の生活を差し響きました。時々私は状態に直面した時、「エドはどうするかな?」と考えます。あっ、ありがとう、ありがとうございます。今獣神演武を楽しんでいます。

たくさんの感謝
いぬはな
レベッカブラウン
北米合衆国
Valérie
Done

Step 3: Post #16
Step-2 process skipped

Original:
QUOTE (Lin Yao @ Jul 10 2010, 08:29 AM) *
Dear Arakawa-sensei,

First, I want to thank you for creating such a masterpiece. Fullmetal Alchemist, to me, is the best anime and manga of all time. I really enjoyed it to a point of near obsession, haha. It really defined what true anime and manga should be. It was a privilage to read such a powerful and awesome manga, and watch such a touching, wonderful anime. Both series, FMA and FMA Brotherhood both, along with the movie, have shown what FMA is all about. I really enjoy the series and I"m glad it was able to end on a good note. While I'm sad that it had to end so soon, at the same time, I'm glad it ended while it was still popular. FMA is a part of my life, and I will never forget FMA for as long as I live. My favourite characters were (and still are): Roy, Ed, Al, Hughes, Winry, Ling, Havoc, Riza, and Lan Fan (yes I couldn't choose, almost all of the characters you created were just so good!). I hope to see more of your work someday and hope that it will be just as good as FMA was. I look forward to your next work. Shanghai Yōmakikai and Hero Tales look like great series and will look forward to seeing them soon.

Congratulations on such a wonderful masterpiece, Arakawa-sensei!

Sincerely,

Lin Yao (Josh Grimes), Canada

Final Translation:

親愛なる荒川先生へ

まずはじめに このような傑作を製作されたことに感謝いたします。
鋼の錬金術師は私にとってこれからもずっと最高の漫画でありアニメであります。
この作品を本当に賞賛いたします。
この作品は本来の漫画とアニメとは何かを明確にしたといえると思います。
これはど強力で素晴らしい漫画を読みまたアニメとしてみることができることは
特権といえます。鋼の錬金術師、鋼の錬金術師BROTHERHOODの両シリーズ、映画も鋼の錬金術師の全てを物語っていると思います。
私は本当にこのシリーズが好きで、またポジティブな完結の仕方も気に入っています。このシリーズがこんなに早く終わってしまうのは残念であると同時にこの作品が大成功に終了したことは喜ばしいことです。
鋼の錬金術師は私の人生の一部となり 私が生きている限り決して忘れることはありません。私のお気に入りのキャラクターはロイ、エド、アル、ヒューズ, ウィンリィ, リン,  ハボック,
ランファン です。あなたの作品の登場人物はすべて最高なので選ぶことは難しいです。
いつかあなたの鋼の錬金術師ほど素晴らしい他の作品に出会えることができればよいです。あなたの次回作を楽しみに待っています。
上海妖魔鬼怪と獣神演武は素晴らしい作品とうかがています。

最後にこのような傑作を成し遂げられたことに祝福申し上げます。
敬具
カナダのリンヤオより。
Nagareboshi
Done

Step 3: Post #8

Original:
Dear Arakawa-sensei,

Final Translation:

荒川先生へ

私達にこの素晴らしい作品をあげてくれてありがとうございました。フィクションはこんなに好きになるのが珍しいですが、鋼の錬金術を愛すので、多くの年を愛し続けます。終わりを目にするのは本当に悲しいです。実は、終わりは親戚の命のようにほとんど落とします。先生が鋼の錬金術師を作ったので、私は先生にいつも感謝しています。

漫画の主題(障害に打ち勝って、未来を建ています)は本当に目立ちました。物語やキャラクターなどは最初から最後まで凄くて、先生の作品は私に何かを作るのを抱かせました。エドワー ドとアルフォンスと彼らのできた友達を慕います。でも、漫画の終わりを思い続けるのは全体の主題に反対するでしょう?

ところで、私はプライドが特に好きです。プライドは最後のアークから私の一番好きなキャラクターです。そんなに可愛くて、愛おしい悪の化身を作ってくれてありがとうございました。子男も恋い慕います。とにかく、私に最後の数年をあげてくれてありがとうございました。

AXavierB(オーステンベル)、米国
Valérie
Step 1: Post #37

Original:
QUOTE (Animeoldtimer @ Jul 28 2010, 08:57 PM) *
Dear Arakawa-sensei,
I first want to thank you for writing such a beautiful original story in Fullmetal Alchemist. You put real emotion and intellect into the story line and created a world that was believable and characters I liked. I especially enjoyed the subtle love of Ed and Winry. I’m happy that the female characters played an important role in the story and weren’t just “eye candy”. I looked forward to each chapter as it came out. I even felt it was as epic as Star Wars! You are a wonderful storyteller and I wish you the best in the future!

Thank you,

Celia H aka Animeoldtimer (United States of America)

Google:

親愛なる荒川、先生
私が最初に鋼の錬金術師のような美しいオリジナルストーリーを書くためのあなたに感謝したい。あなたはストーリーラインに実際の感情と知性を入れて、信じ、文字私が好きだった世界を作成しました。私は特にエドとウィンリィの微妙な愛を楽しんだ。私は幸せ、女性キャラクターが物語の中で重要な役割を果たし、単に"目の保養"でしたよ。それが出てきたように私は前方、各章に見えた。私もそれは感じた『スターウォーズ』の叙事詩!あなたは素晴らしいストーリーテラーされ、私はあなたの将来に祈っています!

ありがとう、

セリアのH別名Animeoldtimer()は、アメリカ合衆国アメリカ合衆国
Valérie
Step 1: Post #39

Original:
QUOTE (Edamame @ Jul 29 2010, 11:31 PM) *
Dear Arakawa-sensei,

I have been following the Elric brothers on their journey for nine years now, and I can not believe that such an amazing and finely-crafted story has come to an end. Each one of the characters that you have created seemed to leap off the page as I read, and it was as though I too was traveling alongside Edward and Alphonse and sharing in their struggles and triumphs. I do not think any other manga has taught me so much about human nature, love, and hope in the face of incredible odds as Full metal Alchemist has. Edward has to be one of my favourite characters in fiction as I admire his courage, optimism, and his strength never to give up until his goal is achieved. It has been such an honour to read your work, and I hope to pass this story on to a friend who can begin their own journey with some of most memorable characters in manga.

Thank you! I look forward to your next story and wish you the very best,
Kristine L (Edamame), Scotland

Google:

親愛なる荒川、先生

私は9年間今では旅にエルリック兄弟が、次のされている、と私はそのような細かく細工された素晴らしい話は終わりに来ているなんて信じられない。ページを私が読んでから飛び降りるように見えた作成した文字の一つ一つ、それは今だとして闘争のエドワードとアルフォンスと共有inと勝利私も一緒に旅したのに。私は他の漫画はそんなに人間のnature、愛私を教えてとは思わない、とフルメタル錬金術師は、has as信じられないほどのオッズに直面してhope。エドワードは私は彼の勇気、楽観的に感心するように私のお気に入りの文字の小説にする、とは、彼の強みは自分の目標が達成されるまであきらめることはない。これは、このような名誉をあなたの作品を読んでており、私はいくつかの最も記憶に残る文字の漫画で自分の旅を始めることができます友人にこの話を渡すために願っています。

ありがとうございました!私はあなたの次の話を見て、あなたの最高の希望、
クリスティーンのl(枝豆)、スコットランド

Rainshine
Step 1: Post #41

Original:
QUOTE (MsLinn @ Jul 30 2010, 03:22 PM) *
To Arakawa-sensei

Fullmetal Alchemist brought me so many new thing to enjoy in life. I can without a doubt say that I have never loved anything fictional more than I love Fullmetal Alchemist, and any characters more than the Elric brothers.
Not just becasue of the story, that is so clever and thought out and it makes me tear up right now, thinking about it, and how it ended. Not just the characters, who are so admirable and interesting with personal developement that we can follow! Not just the artwork which makes me groan in envy (Riza's hair in chapter 58!) and inspire me. Not just the funny parts, where I finally found my kind of humor!
FA crashed into my life when I was on my way of discovering what it mean to be a fan and to be a part of a fandom. It swept me away. Fanart, fanfiction, discussions about episodes, chapters, characters, theories, and meeting other people who are just as crazy about a thing as me! Fullmetal Alchemist was my first obesession, and I will never forget.

Thank you for being so awesome,
Linn V. (MsLinn), Sweden

Google:
荒川先生に

鋼の錬金術師は、多くの新しいものを生活の中で楽しむために私をもたらした。疑いもなく、私は何も架空の登録がないと言う私がすることができます以上の私は、任意の文字よりエルリック兄弟よりも鋼の錬金術師が大好きです。
ストーリーだけでなくために、それはそう賢いと考えられて、それが私が[i]の今[/ i]の涙行うと、それについて考えると、どのように終わった。ので、[i]は興味深い[/ i]は立派な個人developement、我々が続くことができるとさだけでなく文字!私うめき声羨望の(章58リザの髪になりますだけでなくアートワーク!)と私を抱かせる。私は最終的に[私はユーモアの/ i]のような私の[2985]だけでなく面白い部分!
FAは私の人生私はそれがファンとするダムの一部であることを意味を発見する私の方法だったに墜落した。それは離れて私を襲った。イラスト、ファンフィクション、エピソードについての議論、章、文字、理論、と同じように私とのことに夢中にしている他の人に会う!鋼の錬金術師は私の最初obesessionされ、私は決して忘れないだろう。

ので、素晴らしい当分の間、ありがとうございました
リン五(MsLinn)、スウェーデン
Rainshine
Step 1: Post #42

Original:

QUOTE (phoenixmiko @ Jul 30 2010, 05:09 PM) *
Dear Hiromu Arakawa,

Full Metal Alchemist is one of the best mangas ever created! Friends introduced me to it some years back and I was hooked. I couldn’t get enough of it and still can’t to this day. With the way the story transports you to a world so vast that it seems to transcend the very pages on which it’s drawn and teaches you about life and human nature, it's no wonder it’s touched my life. It felt like I was growing up alongside my favourite character Winry because I could empathise with her so well. I'm really glad she found happiness with Edward after so many trials and tribulations. It makes me feel like I can also look to the future and go forward toward my dreams, that I too will able to gain a Fullmetal heart along the way just as they did. To me, the story will never end because it lives on inside of all of us; in everything we do and strive for.

Thank you very much for an inspiring, incredible journey that I will never forget.

Alana Gladwish (phoenixmiko), England

Google:
親愛なる弘荒川、

鋼の錬金術師は最高の漫画のこれまでに作成されます!友達はそれに数年前、私を紹介私は夢中になった。私はそれの十分を得ることができなかった、まだすることができますこの日しないように。方法の話では、世界ように広大なため、それは、それが描かれていると生活と人間の本性についてを教えて、非常にページを超越するようあなたを運ぶ、それはそれは私の人生に触れているのかしらです。私は彼女のようによく同情できるので、私は私のお気に入りの文字ウィンリィと一緒に育っていたような感じがした。私は彼女が非常に多くの試練と苦難の後エドワードと幸せを見つけてくれてうれしい。それは私が将来を期待することができますように、転送、私の夢toward行く、私はあまりにも方法と同じようにしたalong鋼のheartを得ることが私に感じを。それは内のすべての私たちの上に住んでいるので、私には、話が終わることはありません。すべての我々が努力しください。

非常に刺激的、信じられないほどの旅は、私は決して忘れないしていただきありがとうございます。

アラナグラッドウィッシュ(phoenixmiko)、イギリス
Nagareboshi
Step 3: Post #7

Original:
Dear Arakawa-sensei,

Final Translation:

荒川先生へ、

素晴らしい作家で、色々な絵やパロディを刺激して、私も抱かせました!作品を読んで、アニメを見るのが本当に楽しました。私は素晴らしいキャラクターを友達に紹介した時、友達はワクワクしました。このでかいプロジェクトを終わるおめでとうございます!

私はリザを大分愛しているので、「彼女は私の一番好きなキャラクター」と言うのは必要です。リザとロイ(彼も大好き)の深い関係とリザの態度もので、リザに感心します。彼女の話の終わは悲しいですが、凄いキャラクターになってよかったです。

この手紙と先生がもらう何千の手紙は違わないかもしれませんが、意見を言いたいです:私のような小さくて、軽微な人間はエドのたくさんの経験が分かれてよかったです。他の物語でエドのような人はお母さんがいない泣き虫だったかもしれません。
エドに勇気とオートメールの足をあげてくれてありがとうございました。

数年の素晴らしい物語に感謝して、先生のもっと作品を読むのを希望します。

Jerrica L.、合衆国

Valérie
Step 1: Post #49 (was #43 and became #49)

QUOTE (The Breezy Alchemist @ Aug 1 2010, 08:13 AM) *
Dear Arakawa-sensei,

I haven't been reading Fullmetal Alchemist for a long time like everyone else. This July was a year after I started reading your manga series. Since then however, I have been avidly following Fullmetal Alchemist which has been a comfort to me, even if it was only for a year. I admire your creativity and skill at drawing and if anything, I hope to draw like you can when I grow up (next to being able to use alchemy). Fullmetal Alchemist inspired me, and I often contemplated about what it takes to gain a fullmetal heart. When Fullmetal Alchemist ended, I was happy about Ed and Al finally getting their bodies back (it was about time they did), but I also just realized how meaningful Fullmetal Alchemist was to me and I would never see any more of the Fullmetal Alchemist universe. But Fullmetal Alchemist taught me to keep moving forward and try to achieve my goals, no matter how hard they seem. Thanks for the memories Arakawa- sensei, without Fullmetal Alchemist; I would be a very different person.

Thank you very much for Fullmetal Alchemist,
Caroline Chiou (The Breezy Alchemist), USA

Google:

親愛なる荒川、先生

私は皆と同じように長い時間のために鋼の錬金術師を読むされていない。私はあなたの漫画を読み始めた後に、この7月は1年だった。それ以来、私は熱心にする私に慰めをされている鋼の錬金術師、次の場合でも、それが唯一の1年間でしたされている。私はあなたの創造性と図面でスキルと何かを賞賛、私はあなたのような描画するために望むことができるときに私は(次の成長)錬金術を使用できることに。鋼の錬金術師は私に影響を与えた、と私はしばしばそれが鋼の錬金術心を得るために必要なものについて熟考した。時鋼の錬金術師が終わった後、私はエドとアル満足最後に自分の体に戻る(それは彼らがいないの時間でした)なっていたが、私にされた方法有意義な鋼の錬金術師は、私は鋼の錬金術師宇宙の詳細を参照してください決して私もちょうど実現。しかし、鋼の錬金術師私は前進し続ける方法と一生懸命に思える私の目標は、どんなに達成しようとすると教えた。鋼の錬金術師なく記憶荒川先生、のおかげで、私は非常に違う人になる。

非常に鋼の錬金術師は、ありがとう
キャロライン銃撃事件(ブリージーの錬金術師)、アメリカ合衆国
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.