Post #2 Done
Post #3 Done
Post #4 Done
Post #5 v
Post #7 Step 3 Step 2
Post #8 Done
Post #10 (short ^^)
Post #11 (short ^^) v
Post #12 (short ^^)
Post #14 (short ^^)
Post #25 (short ^^)
Post #29 Step 3
Post #30 Step 3
Post #33 Step 3
Post #37 Step 3
More to go: 25
This thread is a Work-thread dedicated to the translation of category 2 letters (English letters to be translated into Japanese) from the "Operation Thank-you letters to FMA/Hiromu Arakawa!" thread.
First off, to all volunteer project staff members, thank you so much for volunteering your time for this project!
(also, Thank you Tombow for having created and written this work-translation process.)
For the rest of this thread, for the sake of convenience, please allow me to refer you with the following "group code" (each group has assigned color code also ^^)
* Volunteer staff-A: If you do not speak/read/write Japanese, please read the sections for Volunteer staff-A. Your color code is "#006400" and you will be helping us in the Step 1 of our process.
(Yes, you can help us very much, and your help here will be very much appreciated!! ^^)
* Volunteer staff-B: If you have some knowledge of Japanese and can speak/read/write Japanese in varying degrees, then please read the sections for Volunteer staff-B. Your color code is "#000080" and you will be helping us in Step 2 of our process.
* Volunteer staff-C: If you have been asked by our project manager to be LEAD TRANSLATOR, please read the sections for Volunteer staff-C. Your color code is "#8B0000" and you will be helping us in the Step 3 of our process.
To make a portion of your text on your post to show in certain color, you can either:
1) While composting your post on "post composing window," highlight that portion of the text you'd like to change to a certain color, then look up at the top part of "post composing window" and click on A to bring up the color sample chart, then click on the color you selected.
Color #006400 (Dark Green, though we'll simply refer this as Green) is at the Top row, 4th from Left on the Color Sample Chart
Color #000080 (Navy, though we'll simply refer this as Blue) is at the Top row, 3rd from Right on the Color Sample Chart
Color #8B0000 (Maroon) is on 2nd row, Far Left on the Color Sample Chart
Or, 2) Manually write BBCode like this [ color=color number here] text to be turned into that color [/color ]
Now, everyone, please briefly visit "Thank-you FMA/Hiromu Arakawa Letters" Translation Request Thread.
Notice that on every post on the thread, at the Top Right corner of the post, there is a post number like this: Post #4.
(Post #4 is original request post for cherry-chan.)
Please use that post # (i.e. the post # of the "original" request post) when referring to the posted Thank-you letters during our work-process here, and put that post # at the top of every "work-processing-post" here, in your Volunteer-Group color, like this:
Step 1: Post #4
Step 2: Post #4
Step 3: Post #4
The basic premise of the process here goes like this:
In Step 1, Volunteer staff-A will go to "Thank-you FMA/Hiromu Arakawa Letters" Translation Request Thread and bring the requested English letters here. And, add Google (or other on-line) translations to it.
(Step 1 volunteers, you don't have to wait for one request to go through all the steps 1, 2, 3 BEFORE bringing more request letters. Please go ahead and keep bringing request letters from "Operation Thank-you letters to FMA/Hiromu Arakawa!" thread to this thread and post them here! ^^)
In Step 2, Volunteer staff-B will take the above, then add "interim" Japanese translations. (Please note that your translations do not have to be perfect, or even "complete" translations. If some part is too difficult to translate, you can leave that part as-is-in-English in your Japanese translation. Please just do as much as you can. ^^)
(Step 2 volunteers, when you or other Group 2 volunteer posted one Step 2 letter, you guys don't have to wait for that one to go through Step 3 BEFORE working on other Step-1 letters. Please go ahead and keep working on more posted Step-1 letters and turn them into Step -2 letters and post them here! ^^)
In Step 3, Lead Translator will take the above, then complete the final Japanese translations.
In Step 4, Tombow will take the completed Fianl Japanese translations to the "Original request post" on "Thank-you FMA/Hiromu Arakawa Letters" Translation Request Thread and add that back into the original post.
NOTE: For every work-process post, always include the original English letter at the top.
The following are the Group-by-group details. Please read the section for your Group.
Also, if you have any questions for the processes described on this post and the blow, please post your question on this thread, and please mark it with "QUESTION for Step-1 or Step-2/Step-2 etc." at the top of your question post (no special text colors used, just plain regular font color) so that other volunteers looking for Step process posts can easily PASS-BY your "process question" post.
Question: I'm Group 3 translator, and I have free time NOW, and would like to help out, but there is no "letters in process" in Process-2 (or Process-1 for that matter ^^) What do I do?
* If you see some "letters in process" with Step-1 being completed (but still not picked up for Step-2,) you can take that "Step 1 completed" post, do the process 1 through 4 as explained above on this post, then add this line: Step-2 process skipped, then go on to process 5 and onward as described above. (In this case, after you complete your Final translation, please keep the line: Step-2 process skipped on your completed post, so that we will know. ^^)