Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: For Those Who Have Watched Episode 64 (Japanese/subbed), Your general thought on The FMA:B series, series ending, etc.
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Anime > FMA:Brotherhood anime Spoiler Zone
Tombow
This thread is for those who had already watched FMA: Brotherhood episode 64.

If you have not watched episode 64 yet, please do not go any further on this thread.

Also, this thread will be full of spoilers for FMA:B anime & FMA:manga content, and possibly FMA-1 content as well.
If you would like to avoid such spoilers, please do not go on beyond the first page.

Please post your thoughts and opinions on the ending of FMA:Brotherhood anime, your generla thoughts on FMA:Brotherhood anime now that you have seen the whole series, etc. on this thread. smile.gif

* If posting any pics from episodes 63-64 on this thread, please post as LINKS only, and not IMAGES. (i.e. please don't use [img][/img] BBcode, and also no use of thumbnails by uploading the pic to our site for episodes 63-64 pics please!) If you happen to forgot and post such images, please do not mind that the board staff may go ahead and edit your post so that no direct image would be showing on your post.

Actual discussions start on page 2 of this thread. smile.gif
Tombow
"Accidental-spoiler prevention" post
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow

Actual discussions start below. smile.gif
KariGray
THE MUSTACHE. It shocked me so much I forgot to feel sad the series was over!! O.O;

I guess it ended well though. x10000000 times better than the first series EXCEPT FOR THE MUSTACHE and hey, we found out who Hayate's wife is!! XD And that added scene in the hospital with Roy-tachi and Roy and Riza in parallel beds was adorable.

Aaaaah, I think the sadness that the series is over is finally catching up to me. No more episodes to look forward to. ;A;

Here's hoping the movie's not a recap!!
smoothietime
~ My problems with the FMA brotherhood ending. ~

The first one isn't neccessarely a problem, I just would have preferred this.
I feel like Wrath should have killed Scar. They should have killed each other, the final stab when wrath grabs the blade with his mouth should have killed him. I loved the character of Scar, I just feel it would have been proper for them to both die there. They both are responsible for a mass ammount of deaths, they both have not much to live for at all, they both technically have no name, and they are both awesome fighters. I just feel it would have been VERY epic and suprising if Scar died. I mean come on it was so fitting, he has come to terms that his killings were wrong and not justified, his family is all destroyed and all he wanted was vengence which he gets from killing Wrath (The one who made the official commands to kill Ishvallans). If he died after knowing he has avenged his family and now has to face his sins THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN AMAZING! Now he lives continuing to have no name... And just helping people I guess... What ever...

Second problem is actually a problem I have had with several anime endings. The writer really wants the main antagonist to be the UTLIMATE struggle and ultimate bad arse. So sometimes they make him literaly unbeatable but they are beaten anyway... I am reffering to the fact that the dwarf in the flask hommunculus has just taken in that extremely powerful entity he calls god and can almost do what ever he wants... Yet he just literaly stands there trying to look cool blocking stuff while every one shoots .... at him... HE HAS BEEN PLANNING THIS FOR OVER 100 YEARS!!!! The moment he became "God" what he would have done is immediatly gone to the surface and wiped out in less then a second every one in sight... That really made the ending a lot less cool for me. He should have just been not AS powerful and there should have been an actuall fight. This one is actually a problem for me, like seriously. It bothers me a lot and almost makes me want to redo the ending completely. COME ON HE WAS A GOD!

Any one agree or disagree? I'd like to hear YOUR thoughts.
AlphonseHeidric
What was right, what was wrong?
Some things that I thought were great and others not so much.

**************SPOILER****************
Don't read this if you haven't finished both anime series.

First off let me just write this is the best anime series I've ever seen. I think it was better than the original and was way more true to the actual books. I think the series followed a great story and it was really well told. The main topic of discussion here is the ending to Brotherhood. For me, Part 5 was just one big winderclock that started very early on, the entire Part 5 was basically the ending and I like how nothing in the series happened without reason and everything got tied together in the end while when the last part 10~ episodes it seemed as if there were so many sub plots and different stories going on eventually the story would split up many different ways.
I really enjoyed all the twists and turns the ending took and the return of most characters was awesome.

There are only 3 main things I have a little beef with regarding the ending.

1. I think they should have let Winry play more of a part in the ending. They pretty much left her out of the whole last DVD set and I thought for sure she would pop up at the ending with Ed but I also thought they did that so we would forget about her and have her show up at the very last battle or something.

2. I would have liked to have seen endings (Warning! Series Final Spoilers!)for all the characters. They left out so many of the central characters like The Armstrongs, Izumi, Hawkeye and even totally left out some characters altogether like Rose and Paninya. I know they weren't terribly important but it just would have been nice to see more ending lines for people.

3. Al's role in the end seemed minor considering he was the co-protaganist of the series if not the central protagonist. Ed is definately the start but I see Al as more of the hero's role in this than Ed. That being said, I would have liked to see the ending centralled a bit mroe around him than Mustang, Izumi and some of the others. I love that they were in the ending but I jsut wish Al would have had a bigger hand in the final battles but maybe that's just their way of expressing Al's true essence.

After all that tho, I really enjoyed everything about this series. I think it is the greatest Anime ever and it should be enjoyed by anyone who appreciatets a truely great storyline. So what about you, did you have a problem with anything? What wonderful thing stood out to you to make this one of the best ever?

*edit* Sorry, this probably should have gone in the spoiler subforum =(
Goobie
QUOTE (AlphonseHeidric @ Aug 21 2011, 05:17 PM) *
**************SPOILER****************
Don't read this if you haven't finished both anime series.

First off let me just write this is the best anime series I've ever seen. I think it was better than the original and was way more true to the actual books. I think the series followed a great story and it was really well told. The main topic of discussion here is the ending to Brotherhood. For me, Part 5 was just one big winderclock that started very early on, the entire Part 5 was basically the ending and I like .

1. I, for one, was glad that Winry wasn't forced into the final battles and whatnot. There really isn't much that she could have added other than her presence. Her part in the final episode was good enough for me.

2. I would have liked to see (Warning! Series Final Spoilers!)some of the other characters in the epilogue, but I feel as though they tied it all off well enough. I love a somewhat open endings, and I was able to accept this closed ending for what it is. A 45-minute wrap-up may have been excessive and better suited for the written version of this story.

3. I didn't interpret it like that at all. It showed a lot of Al, from him hanging out with his brother to leaving the country (without Ed) with the chimeras.

I'm not claiming that the series is perfect, though. Your criticisms are justified.
AlphonseHeidric
QUOTE (Goobie @ Aug 21 2011, 09:15 PM) *
3. I didn't interpret it like that at all. It showed a lot of Al, from him hanging out with his brother to leaving the country (without Ed) with the chimeras.

I'm not claiming that the series is perfect, though. Your criticisms are justified.

Regarding #3, I was thinking more along the lines of the fighting, he was kind of mia when it came to fighting in the last battles.
Michiyo-
Welcome to our board, AlphonseHeidric! ^^

As you also suggested, a better place for your thread is in the FMA Brotherhood anime Spoiler Zone sub-forum, so it'll be merged with the For Those Who Have Watched Episode 64 (Japanese/subbed), Your general thought on The FMA:B series, series ending, etc. thread later.

Also, please don't forget to use Spoiler tags and add warnings when mentioning Series Final Spoilers.

ETA: Aug. 29. Thread merged. ^^
Edward2728
I don't think they could have done a better job imo.

Though i reckon they could have done an alternate ending where Father and the Homunculi achieve their goal tongue.gif That would be an interesting side.

Either way, i much prefer this series over the original "1st" series.
JPPCouto
Nothing is perfect, but this series is the one closest to perfection biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.