Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Series Final Episode Content Speculation (or Your Wish List) Thread - For Those Who Read FMA Manga Final Chapter
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Anime
Pages: 1, 2
Tombow
Caution: This thread is for those who had READ FMA MANGA chapter 108!!
If you haven't read FMA manga chapter 108, you're on the WRONG thread!! please do not proceed any further!!!

As an one-time event, for the occasion of the conclusion of FMA:Brotherhood anime series in Japan, we are opening two special discussion threads.

For those who have read FMA manga chapter 108, the final chapter of the manga series, please post your speculations and wishful thinking for the content for the series' final episode here.

Warning: This thread is full of SPOILERS for FMA manga chapter 108, final chapter, and potential content spoilers for FMA:Brotherhood anime episode 63 - 64!! If you haven't read FMA manga chapter 108, please go to
"The Series Final Episode Content Speculation (or Your Wish List) Thread - For those who had NOT READ FMA MANGA Final chapter" thread.

Actual discussions start on page 2 of this thread.
Tombow
"Accidental-spoiler prevention" post
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow

Actual discussions start below. smile.gif
Michiyo-
The title of episode 64 is "The Journey's End" (旅路の涯) (Same as the title of chapter 108.)
Source: episode 64 preview and Wikipedia
The official site still lists it as "Final Episode" (最終回)
Tombow
QUOTE (Michiyo- @ Jun 27 2010, 05:56 AM) *
The title of episode 64 is "The Journey's End" (旅路の涯)

Whoa, they used the different Chinese character (from the one used in manga title) for the final episode of FMA:B anime!
The first part of the title, "旅路 (tabiji = journey)" is the same for both final chapter of FMA manga and the final ep of FMA:B anime, but...
In FMA manga, the title of the last chapter was "旅路の果て" while in FMA:B anime it's using "旅路の"
The difference is, the Chinese character in the manga title, "果て (ha.te)" emphasizes the "finite ending" as in, "result" (of the journey) wherein the Chinese character used in the anime title for the last ep, " (ha.te)" is often translated as "horizon," like something long-lasting before you get to the end. So, we may be looking at their continuing journey in this episode and maybe we see the glimpse of what on their journey's horizon? ^^
black~hayate
I hope I can ask it here.
The airing shedule will be the same? What about the lenght? I heard it's gonna be longer than usual.
Flamez_Freak
QUOTE (black~hayate @ Jun 27 2010, 05:44 PM) *
I hope I can ask it here.
The airing shedule will be the same? What about the lenght? I heard it's gonna be longer than usual.

nah , i think the length of the episode is gonna stay the same...
Michiyo-
@Hayate: According to the MBS schedule for July 4 (link found on Wikipedia), the airing date won't change, it'll still be 5.00-5.30 PM, Japan time.

I hope they can fit everything into the final episode, and I'd like to see extra scenes as well. (For example more scenes with Roy & Riza happy.gif)
Winry Chan
"Wish List", eh?

o Earrings.
o Ed's Automail leg. As in, I wish it will be visible.
o A few seconds (all I'm asking for!) of Roy and Riza in Ishval working to overturn the racism.
o A brand new OP/ED. As much as I like Rain, having that as the ending of Episode 63 made it so special that if BONES uses it again for the finale, it lessens the effect.
o A few seconds (all I'm asking for!) of Izumi and Sig. The manga didn't really close up their part. Granted, there may not have been much to close up, but come on! They're much more important than Jerso and Zampano, and they got several pages with Al!
o Not hoping for a kiss (because it's just... too fanficcy), but a little more to that Equivalent Exchange proposal scene.
o 520 Cenz..... please...
o Something similar to the picture montage(correct word?), but animated. Tell me I'm not the only one who wants to see older Ed walking in, noticing someone by his feet, turns out it's his kid; instead of freezing like Hohenheim did, he smiles and picks him up himself. (for the future Elric picture). Ooh! - or the camera stays on Ed's face during that whole interaction so the viewer is not entirely sure who he's holding, then it pans out to the final picture.
o Better animation than Episode 63.

As for speculations, seeing as how BONES has to fill 24 minutes of airtime, I'm thinking there will actually be more substance than the "two years later" part of the Final Chapter. Then again... they still need to cover the Xing characters leaving, Scar being saved by Olivier, Mustang regaining his eyesight...

I think I'll be pretty disappointed if the final episode is exactly like the rest of the Final Chapter. This is the last chance for any remaining plot-holes to be canonically filled! Don't let us down!

EDIT: As a little tie-in to the beginning of the series, I hope if/when they show Al at the Hughes' place, he's eating a quiche that Gracia Hughes baked. And then he is shown later crossing it off his list in that book he kept.
RoyxRizaFan
QUOTE (Winry Chan @ Jun 27 2010, 02:40 PM) *
As a little tie-in to the beginning of the series, I hope if/when they show Al at the Hughes' place, he's eating a quiche that Gracia Hughes baked. And then he is shown later crossing it off his list in that book he kept.

THIS! Since BONES is the one that made that book, they should definitely put forth a little time to mention it again!! I know they referenced the apple pie in the manga, but I know I'm not the only one who actually wants to see Al eating something that was on his list.
deet-tastic
^that. Please, BONES, you made this to-eat-list for your anime. Use it in the end.

I'm surprised 63 went as far as it did. And I'm glad they added what they added to it. NOW PLEASE please please just more MORE in 64. You guys got this extra episode, use it wisely!

As far as actual wishlist goes; I want just more closure for secondary characters (I want some Ishval closure!). Something, ANYTHING about the 520 cenz promise.
And I just really want to see Alphonse eat something. Kid hasn't enjoyed the use of taste buds in..how many years?! Lets see his face OMNOMNOM!
hoprabbit
I want to cry. The end chapter was enough, but this is the endEND. After this, no more hoping for a different conclusion. Well, I can hope for different wording when it gets aired in english, but.... The finality to it. It's sad. ;_;

I s'pose I should put my wishlist.
I still want the same stuff, basically. Al's first bite, Royai, a little more conclusion to the whole Al heading east thing, Royai, Roy getting his sight back, Seriously, A little bit of Royai wouldn't kill them....

And yes, the book would be nice to include. ^^

I STILL want the Ed becoming like teacher. He needs to face it. He's a maid. ;D
"I AM.....A HOUSEWIFE."

Any kind of conclusion for Roy and Riza would be so wonderful. There was nothing for me at the end of 108, and that was what I foolishly let myself only care about. Before I found out how beautiful they made Hoenheim's death scene, I was just telling him to get on with it and die. I ended up crying....;_; but anyway, They seriously pulled a Brosh and Ross with Roy and Riza. Denny Brosh and Maria Ross were left cold with no finish after Brosh showed up in the radio station, and Roy made a picture appearance and a mention on the radio after the 'we'll heal your sight' thing. Riza came back for a trip to the ER.

Then they appeared the last time all stiff and proper with no hair. -sigh-

It dissapointed me.

So I want some Royai. ;D
Flamez_Freak
For now , i'm satisfied wit how bones has handled the ending . Great art/animation (besides episode 63 ), some interesting extra sequences , great direction and last but not the least , excellent voice acting .

Well , i have no wish list , but i'd love to have a new OP/ED . . For the last time , to wind up the series .
And i don't want bones to skip anythin from the final chapter . . Any minor additions will be accepted gleefully smile.gif smile.gif
Hopefully , no more edxwin fan service than in the manga .

On a side note , bones has managed to create a bitter sweet ending for fma brotherhood , thanks to them splitting the final chapter into 2 episodes . They managed to make the anime watcher feel the loss of hohenheim , by giving him a SWEET farewell . (hoho's loss wasn't very emotional in the manga) Which according to me , has turned out to be a masterstroke . . I'm glad .
cherry-chan. :D
I just wish that they manage to put everything that's left of the final chapter into the final episode! 8D
And if they have enough room for more, then more is appreciated.

I won't ask for much, but... just a little extra scenes. If they managed to do it with 63, I don't see why they can't for 64. I wanna see Al eat! :3 And some Royai closure. Just a little, little, little bit more of Royai. Or they could just have a Roy-tachi reunion! That would be nice. XD

...and I have a strange feeling they might use Ray of Light for 64. It's possible they won't be using Rain anymore, since... I dunno, they've used it as the ED for 63 already, and using it again as an OP for the finale might ruin.. stuff. XD
Maybe they'll use Ray of Light. Haha!
Michiyo-
Screenshots from ep. 64 preview:
http://i47.tinypic.com/2mcsg8l.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/xll17t.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/mievpf.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/ci1dd.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/14nk94y.jpg

The art looks great, and I see some slight changes (Roy is in hospital when he's talking to Dr. Knox). So let's hope for extra scenes! biggrin.gif
I really can't wait to watch this episode.
Kasumisty
Final extended preview for the last FMA:B episode:

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=LASNTX8T

Enjoy!
deet-tastic
Thank you thank you biggrin.gif
Winry Chi
My Wishlist:
  • A new OP/ED ( animation at least, it wouldn't kill for new songs as long as they suit the ending as well. I could see the OP being a round up of all the major events of the series, and the ED as the another animated photo montage or something for events after the 2 year time skip.)
  • The Equivalent Exchange Proposal to be kept in tact. Nothing taken away, add-ins would be alright too.
  • To show the boys eating Apple Pie and drinking Tea with Winry, in the manga it only mentions the fact that she made it when Al was telling Ed to come down from the roof whilst he was fixing it. I want to see Al nom some Apple Pie.
  • Perhaps to show or flashback to what all Al&Mei did during their time in Xing studying.
  • More RoyAi, they deserve a better conclusion.
  • Have the EdoAlWin glomp scene somehow top the manga, that would be interesting. :3
  • It would be neat if they included the scene of the ending of the Rain OP with Winry sitting by Ed as he slept.
  • Show the outcome of the Ishvalans. (After the events of Scar and company going there for their new mission.)
  • To show the EdoWin kids interacting with Ed beyond that of the picture. C: Househusband, should we refer to him rather than a housewife, I think he wouldn't be as displeased as long as it didn't contain the title "wife" in it. Hahah.

The far-out Wish List:
  • Wouldn't it be neat to show how Roy got his eyesight back from Truth using the Stone?
  • An EdoWin Wedding scene. I wanna see Al be a best man. And also see what kind of a wedding the Hagaren characters would throw.
  • I'd like them to mention the names of the EdoWin kids. I could see them naming the girl Nina Elric. And the boy perhaps Alexander Maes Elric. But, that's just the way I see it. >3>
  • An epic Hagaren BBQ when the kids are already around. XD
  • I wish they would just make a feature length or at least an hour Ep with the conclusions. ;o; there is too much, I don't want it left out.

Also, is there any way the extended preview could be uploaded to Youtube or Megaupload? I've been experiencing a lot of problems on megavideo, and I can't watch it. ;-; Please and Thank You's?
Michiyo-
QUOTE (Winry Chi @ Jul 1 2010, 02:18 AM) *
Also, is there any way the extended preview could be uploaded to Youtube or Megaupload? I've been experiencing a lot of problems on megavideo, and I can't watch it. ;-; Please and Thank You's?

Here you go, I uploaded it to Megaupload: happy.gif
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BEZIU89M
Chiyo
Kasumisty posted some news about a surprise to be revealed after the final episode, you can read their post here which contains the link.
essa
a surprise yaaay!
I'd laugh so much if the surprise was "The Miracle at Resembool" xD

Even though edwin is my favorite paring I'd still like to see a lot more of Royai too and with this 'surprise' I have high hopes on that ^^ I think the royai fans deserve it!
Winry Chi
QUOTE (Michiyo- @ Jul 1 2010, 05:57 AM) *
QUOTE (Winry Chi @ Jul 1 2010, 02:18 AM) *

Here you go, I uploaded it to Megaupload: happy.gif
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BEZIU89M

Uhm.. the link says it is currently unavailable ;-;
deet-tastic
I'm sitting here thinking "Surprise? SURPRISE?" wondering what it could be story wise.
then I had this spaz attack.
WHATIFIT'SARARAKA?!?!
If she popped in and spoke to us directly to say Thank You.
I would die. Right there. On spot.
Kasumisty
I was thinking about it more like some kind of announcement, maybe of some extra OVA or movie...hope hope.

Maybe...some kind of bonus showing Ed and Al travels outside the Amestris?
Michiyo-
@Winry Chi: The link works for me. Try refreshing the page if it's not working. But I made a Sendspace mirror too, hope that helps: http://www.sendspace.com/file/gv883o

At first I thought that the surprise will be showing scenes which happened after the manga ended (like Roy becoming Führer, Ed travelling, etc.) There's a scene in the preview where Ed is sitting on a train, and that didn't happen in the manga. So it could be a scene after he said goodbye to Winry in the last page of chapter 108.

But I'd love to see a movie which shows their future adventures. happy.gif
Broken Chouchou
Well in two days (or less/more depending on time zone, and if you're watching live or not) we'll see :F
Disasterpiece
I want my EdxWin fanservice damnit! laugh.gif

I'm thankful the whole episode is an epilogue-type one and not one of those animes where the epilogue is lumped in the last 5 minutes of some finales.
Kasumisty
Well, we had a lot EdWin in the chapter already. Let have other characters have justice served.
Broken Chouchou
QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Jul 2 2010, 03:18 PM) *
Let have other characters have justice served.

Surprisingly enough, what I want more than anything is AlxMei!! I really started caring for Mei during the last two chapters, and then when everything was finally over, when her love had come back safe and sound in his right body, after all those tears over him... she was immediately snatched away by Ling!! D: So cruel! Poor little girl! :'(

Of course I want some additional Royai as well, just an extra scene, something that won't leave us so uncertain...
A Pierrot's Aria
I'd definitely like to see EdxWin and AlxMay. smile.gif I can't wait to see what it is. biggrin.gif

Or even an advertisement for a movie about Ed and Al's adventures in the West and East and other things to do with their (and Roy and Riza's) future lives. (EdxWin, AlxMay, RoyAi! <3); that would be awesome! biggrin.gif

Below @Flamez Freak I know, same here! xD I'm not getting my hopes up...but it'd be awesome nonetheless! biggrin.gif
Nacchan
Mmh, I was thinking... maybe this surprise could be the commercial with messages from fans? They were picking up messages on hagaren.jp...
Flamez_Freak
Really hope the surprise is somethin worth waiting for . . .

Less than 24 hours to go now sad.gif
A Pierrot's Aria
^Me too. xD I hope it isn't messages from the fans...that'd kinda suck. I'd like at the very least an extra scene or something.
Flamez_Freak
A movie announcement would just knock me unconscious . . . Cz of extreme happiness . smile.gif
penguintruth
The brothers travel so far Wes and East they end up in the same place: The setting of Avatar: The Last Airbender. Edward, despite being unable to use alchemy, learns how to master the four elements from Aang.

Alternatively, they end up in the world of Pokemon. Edward become a Steel-Type trainer.

Or, there's a movie annoucnement for a feature about the Ishbal war. Fullmetal Alchemist: Ashes of Ishal, with a budget surpassing CoS.

Alternatively, a third FMA series is announced, that takes place in modern settings. Edward attaches Alphonse's soul into a PT Cruiser. Roy is an arsonist. Riza Hawkeye is an assassin. Envy only turns into people he kills. Lust is a whore. Gluttony is your average 4chan goer.

Or it's just a great wrap-up of the manga material with a thank you from cast and crew.
Chiyo
I predict it may be a sneak peek or some such of something new from Arakawa.

The time is drawing near, and as another plea/request...make sure you are very careful to keep spoilers in their place. Once I have opened the discussion thread on Episode 64, that is where we keep all discussion on 64.

People have been doing it quite by accident, but remember saying something like "the last episode will make Royai fans happy after the manga ending" is a spoiler still. The time will come we allow chat on 64 elsewhere (with spoiler tags) but NOT YET.

Please respect the other members and keep it quiet.

Now please, last minute predictions/wishes continue, sorry for the interruption.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.