Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Episode 62: A Fierce Counterattack - Content Discussion Thread
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Anime
Pages: 1, 2
Chiyo
Talk-back/content discussion for English dubbed episode on Adult Swim starts on page 5. smile.gif

Please post the discussions on the content of episode 62 here.
This thread is declared as a Spoiler zone for the content of the first 62 episodes.

Please do not discuss Chapters 63-64 here. For discussion on the final two episodes go here if you HAVE read the manga...and here if you HAVE NOT.

If for any reason I feel your post contains spoilers for Chapter 108 or the next two episodes, I will edit your post. Please understand this is nothing personal, it is for the benefit of all members

Please don't ask for links on where to watch this episode, raw or subbed. Discussions on 'where to watch' belong in Where/How to Watch FMA Series 2. Don't post screencaps unless highlighting something important about the content of the episode. Just like on in most area's of the board, avoid one line posts, spam of any kind or conversations between two members.

Screenshots: see divinespirits post.

Summary: Father creates more Philosopher's Stone by taking the souls of soldiers, but Hohenheim, Alphonse, Izumi, and May arrive to stop him. Father distracts the group by creating humans with the souls of the people inside of him, and then unleashes an enormous energy blast that a late Edward also gets caught in. Meanwhile, Greed recruits a group to go fight Father, including Roy, Riza, Alex, and Ranfan. Olivier finds out from Scar that Bradley was already mortally wounded when he fought him, thanks to Buccaneer. When the dust clears from Father's blast, it appears Alphonse has shielded May at the cost of massive damage and Hohenheim shielded Izumi and Edward. The Briggs soldiers attack Father and Roy and the others arrive to join them. Eventually Father starts to lose control of "God" inside of him and requires more Philosopher's Stone again. He staggers towards a wounded Edward, but Alphonse decides to use Rentanjutsu and sacrifice himself to restore Edward's arm. At the Doors of Truth, Alphonse's soul and body unite and the Truth loses Ed's arm. Edward's arm restored, he attacks Father on his own, with everyone cheering him on. - © Penguintruth, used with permission and taken from his blog.

*WARNING*

Please follow these simple rules;

-Do not spam.
-Add spoiler tags to spoilers
-Do not go off topic
-Do not fight

Spam means one line posts that contain little content. "OMG that ep was so cool" would be an example of spam. If you enjoyed the episode please specify what you enjoyed so much, was there anything you didn't like?

Spoilers mean anything you know will happen in upcoming episodes. Not everybody reads the manga and you may reveal something they didn't know. For future episode discussion, please go to the relevant topic. If you are unsure how to use spoiler tags, please ask.

Going off topic means discussing a characters actions outside of the episode, or talking about the artwork, or upcoming episodes etc. I know this can happen easily so don't be upset if I move your posts or guide you in the right direction. Double check the forum for the right place to take your post, or if required, start a new topic.

Everybody can voice their opinion, and nobody is correct just as nobody is incorrect. Because none of you will spam (right?) people will justify why they didn't like something. You are welcome to say "well I like that part because..." but you CAN NOT say "no you are wrong because..."
penguintruth
My initial thoughts:

- Shouldn't Father be able to turn the entire country into a Philosopher's Stone with the wave of his hand now? He has God in him!
- Stop with the ki blasts already! It's not DBZ!
- Love the bit with Greed yelling at Olivier.
- But I'm not loving how they drag this part out.
- That pre-eye catch bit was AWESOME
- It's cool seeing everyone in action. Er, except Father, who continues being lame.
- Greed is awesome, except for his "derp, I just wanted friends the whole time" motivation
- Okay, the action is effing amazing!
- Hey, Al, why not instead of doing that, just use alchemy to create a wall around Father or Ed?
- Ed's armed! And doing things Al could have done a moment ago!
- Guys, why are you all just standing around WATCHING? Jeez.
- It's coming to an end!

I can forgive some of the problems because of the ungodly awesomness of the action.
KEKU
I can't believe they cut out Al's blood seal being cracked.

That was the whole reason he had to transmute himself to return Ed's arm, otherwise he would have died if the seal gave out. =S
Elisabeth Hawkeye
For the first time I think I will start to hate Bones a little. What the heck?! Where are our two great Royai moments ohmy.gif
ChaosRogue
QUOTE (KEKU @ Jun 20 2010, 08:30 PM) *

That was the whole reason he had to transmute himself to return Ed's arm, otherwise he would have died if the seal gave out. =S

Uh... yeah that was there. He's about to move, when he pauses and it zooms in on his seal. My interpretation of that scene is that if Al pretty much did anything the crack would extend and that would be it for Al. In that moment he saw an opportunity to get Ed's arm back using his last action possible.
Michiyo-
- Hoho is very angry.
- Father birthing humans was creepy. And the Xerxians are very creepy too.
- They left out the Greed/Olivier quarrel. I wanted to see that.
- Poor Al, he’s in a very bad shape. Hoho too.
- Wow, the soldiers were able to shoot Father. That wasn’t in the manga.
- Yay, epic flame attacks!
- Where are the Royai moments? They’re not holding onto each other.
- Roy/Riza eyecatch! <3
- Roy is even more awesome when he’s using clapping alchemy.
- And now everyone attacks.
- Go Greed!
- I see some extra scenes. Izumi and Alex didn’t attack Father directly in the manga.
- The scene when Al sacrificed himself was great. And the music was fitting.
- And we have exactly the same ending as in chapter 107.
Keyhole was really crappy sometimes, so I can’t wait to watch it in HQ. But the episode was very good, I really liked the action scenes, the music and the voice acting.
AXavierB
I haven't seen the episode yet, but I think it would've been awesome if they played an instrumental remix of "Bratja" from the first series just for the scene where Al sacrifices himself.
shiroe
OMG! Fantastic episode! The best I've seen so far even. Man, I'm in tears. Bones really did this series' ending justice. Last two weeks ep had me in awe, ep 61 had some pacing issue but the animation quality is amazing nonetheless, and then this...If I've ever had any doubt in Bones, it's all gone now. biggrin.gif
amestris_star
QUOTE (Michiyo- @ Jun 20 2010, 10:36 AM) *
- Where are the Royai moments? They’re not holding onto each other.
- Roy/Riza eyecatch! <3

True, however, so many things happen in 107, that BONES probably focused more on the main plot rather than on the positioning of Roy and Riza's hands. As much as this was awesomely (Royai) in the manga (and canon to that) I don't mind that not being emphasised too much as they basically focused on all the action. We might have things waiting for us in the next two episodes ;)
allykatty1
Eh, I guess I should wait until I see the ep in HD quality, but I actually was kind of disappointed in much of the action animation. :/ It was too DBZ for me; I hate when they distort characters' faces and bodies to emphasize anger.

Also was disappointed in the Royai (they were definitely closer in the manga) and that we didn't actually see Ed's arm materializing back on his body. It was just suddenly... there. All we got was a little bit of blue alchemy light. Bah, I really wanted to see that. tongue.gif

Oh well, aside from those small complaints, overall 'twas a good ep. I'm not super-excited given the potential of the source material, but it was acceptable. Romi Park was awesome as always!! biggrin.gif
Rai no Renkinjutsushi
Well, the episode was really great in my humble opinion. biggrin.gif
Though I was disappointed regarding the direction of the "Greed distraction scene".
It was more epic in the manga when Ed, like from nowhere, charges on father. I expected a slow-motion scene, or something like the time when Greed attacked Father thinking he was in the Center of the World.
Keyhole was a b*tch, as always with the frame rate, but from what I saw, Eds counterattack with his restored arm was superb.

All in all, a great episode. smile.gif
Flamez_Freak
The staff involved in this episode was the same as episode 26 + jun shibata . Wow . . And it showed . This episode stood out because of its godly animation and the awesomeness of Yoshimichi kameda . . Once again . . Loved every bit of this episode . And i'm speechless right now smile.gif
divinespirit
Episode 62 Screencaps and Impressions:
http://randomc.net/2010/06/20/fullmetal-al...brotherhood-62/
AXavierB
Just watched the episode. I liked it. The art was a tad weird in some places and a couple of my favorite manga panels were changed, but overall it was good.

I did, however, think the music they played during Al's sacrifice was a little unfit for that scene.

Anybody else find it kinda weird how Father's eyecatch gave his name as "Our Father"?
Hagaren_4ever
QUOTE (penguintruth @ Jun 20 2010, 04:26 AM) *
My initial thoughts:

- Hey, Al, why not instead of doing that, just use alchemy to create a wall around Father or Ed?

I can forgive some of the problems because of the ungodly awesomness of the action.

...Gotta love how pengiuntruth sheds a light on some brief moments of clarity. Seriously, week by week you manage ruin the logic of every fma episode and I love ya for that. XD

Anyhoo, I can't get around to watching the ep any time soon, but looking at the screen caps, I'd say the animation is looking pretty top-notch. smile.gif
ChaosRogue
QUOTE (penguintruth @ Jun 20 2010, 04:26 AM) *
My initial thoughts:

Father deconstructs wall, absorbs Ed. Alphonse probably dies from the crack exacerbating. Next!

(Seriously, I know there are plot holes, but there are reasons around your "why didn't they do this?!" sort of questions. As to why no one else does anything - they're still recovering from the shockwave/explosion. Flimsy excuse I know, but it makes sense.)
Flamez_Freak
^Exactly . We are watchin a shonen show here . People being so picky , makes it look ridiculous .
Well , i noticed next episode's preview isn't as good as expected . (it's got tetsuya kawakami working for it , and he's an average animation director)
shiroe
@allykatty1

Why did you complain about the DBZ actions? They're all from the manga, and they adapted those scenes very well imo. tongue.gif About distorted faces, I don't see many except for Father's face, but it's supposed to be like that for our Father who's about to explode. xP

And now that you mentioned it, I think I want to see Ed's arm materializing back too, but what we got in this ep was taken directly from the manga panel, so I really didn't have much to complain. Because manga panel = WIN!

Also, I LOVED how they used the main theme for that scene, I know what's coming and when the music started to play, I talked to myself: "Wow, isn't it fitting like hell?" And when Al's armor started to dematerialize, it's just beautiful!

All in all, I loved every bit of this episode. The ending for FMA deserves kickass animation and this episode gives it just that. biggrin.gif
deet-tastic
Heck yeah animation. The entire episode was amazing I think. I had no problem with any of the pacing, and it ended right where it should have. I LOVE that they used the "fullmetal alchemist" track for when Al went to the gate. I love that track so much.
KEKU
QUOTE (ChaosRogue @ Jun 20 2010, 04:35 AM) *
QUOTE (KEKU @ Jun 20 2010, 08:30 PM) *

Uh... yeah that was there. He's about to move, when he pauses and it zooms in on his seal. My interpretation of that scene is that if Al pretty much did anything the crack would extend and that would be it for Al. In that moment he saw an opportunity to get Ed's arm back using his last action possible.

Well I did see that part, but it wasn't already cracked. The manga showed it was already cracked and sparking a bit. Just my little complaint because that made it seem more urgent he transmute himself.
rzerox21xx
Another great episode, by the way, I hope kit-chan will use Father looking like he's rady for a toga party jokes. Toga father or toga Ed.

anyway, yeah well its understandable that there a lot of fighting in 107 so it makes sense to put it all in one episode and they still managed to make some scenes very powerful like Al doing his sacriface and Ed just wailing on that poor bastard and the Xerxes zombies was just as creepy or creepier as in the manga. Especially the baby, that was nightmare fuel.

Kasumisty
Copying thoughts from my tweeter:

-Wow, they changed quite a lot things in the script. Did they need to drag the scenes out because of the episode length?
-Or did they want to give other characters more screentime.
-Ed loosing automail looked less dramatic. Also, why didn't he loose metal plates as well? I was looking forward to see all his scars.
-...that blast Father released (the second one) looked ridiculous. All characters flying in air...
-"Ishi, ishi, KENJA NO ISHI!" _^_ it sounded so amusing
-Wow, THAT scene was good. I loved Romi's acting and how shaky her voice was and they finally used Main Theme again!
-Lol, Al and Ed's Truth talking casually. I wonder if they were doing it on daily basis.
-I love how Al looks more determined than in manga
-Also love how Ed was afraid to look at his right and "BAKAYARO~!" <3
Wow, the last action scene ohmy.gif So dynamic and brutal o_O
-Lol, it's like a soccer match - the crowd cheering XD
-Roy is like "I don't f*!@ing know what is going on, but...Hagane no!1"

Need to watch this episode again. But don't have much time right now. Darn.
Ama-ri
Oh great Episode overall. The only thing I didn't like was when the soldiers were preparing to attack father, they used still frames with speedlines x/
And I think the reason why Al did such a drastic thing like sacrificing himself for eds arm wasn't that obvious as in the manga. Yes, he stopped and they zoomed to the blood seal, but the crack didn't seem so dangerous as in the manga (with this alchemic light-thing whatever bzz. :< )
On the other hand the scene where al sacrificed himself and everything after that was done absolutely fantastic. I was almost moved to tears when Al was disintegrating. (Almost. If not for my mother who came into my room at that moment and I had to pause.)
Mei and Ed were done really well. I loved it.
Animeoldtimer
I loved this episode! I liked the music that was used when Al went to the gate and when Ed was fighting Father in the end. The way that whole segment was done from the point Ed was pinned down to the end had such a great dramatic effect. You could feel the emotion Ed was feeling after he realized Al was back at the gate. He used that energy for a good purpose of course. Seeing everyone shout out Ed's name made a bigger impact on me than seeing it in the manga (which I also liked,BTW.) I can't wait to hear it in English! (Just because it's my native language.)

Next week will be awesome too!
deet-tastic
I loved both eyecatches. They were both made of so much win. Wow.
I didn't totally like the way they animated Edwards arm. If I were Irie, it would have been directed differently. It was still good, I just think they could have upped the epic.
And I love that they used the "Fullmetal Alchemist" track for that scene. We first heard it when Ed lost his arm to transmute Al, we hear it again when it's reversed. Very fitting.
Mr. Deathy
Episode was great. Just as action packed as the last full action episode should be, plently of awesome fight animation, good to see they made sure all the minor characters got their part and I'm glad Armstrong actually got some extra close combat, seeing as he's such a memorable character for people from both anime and the manga.

My only real issue was the music for the Al scene. I see other people liked that they used that track, but I really don't. I would've preferred a more subdued and sad track to heighten the emotional impact of when Al shows up at the door in front of his body.

Also don't see why they left out the crack visibly touching and reacting with his blood seal, eh but whatever I guess.

I hope 63 isn't as low budget as it looks. I understand that the 64th episode probably wasnt planned and that perhaps the quality of the last 2 eps might have had to take a hit because of this, but I'd seriously hope not! The art needs to be spot on for those episodes!
allykatty1
QUOTE (shiroe @ Jun 20 2010, 04:42 AM) *
@allykatty1

Why did you complain about the DBZ actions? They're all from the manga, and they adapted those scenes very well imo. tongue.gif About distorted faces, I don't see many except for Father's face, but it's supposed to be like that for our Father who's about to explode. xP

And now that you mentioned it, I think I want to see Ed's arm materializing back too, but what we got in this ep was taken directly from the manga panel, so I really didn't have much to complain. Because manga panel = WIN!

Well, regardless if any one screenshot is taken from the manga, the way it looks in motion changes things up a bit. It just looked unnatural and not very fluid to me. And most of the "distorted" shots to me were not shots I recognized from the manga. And even if they were, I didn't like that they used the cliched "frozen character in mid-punch with action lines!" type of shot that we see in so many shonen anime. I just always thought FMA (or at least the first anime) was usually more realistic than that. I guess I'm finding myself comparing to this animation quality of the last couple episodes of Anime1, which were beautiful and very fluid. But it is also true that this is a more action-oriented ending anyway, so I can forgive it that. Again, though, this could have just been a stream problem. I'll hold off my final judgment until I see an HD version! wink.gif

And yep, it is true that the shot with Ed's arm was taken almost directly from the manga, but I guess ever since I read the chapter I expected to see it materialize bit by bit. I'll have to watch the episode again, but I'm pretty sure it's not QUITE the exact manga panel. In the manga, you could see bits of his fingers weren't 100% back yet, which was why I was kind of expected it to materialize more when seen animated. I also really missed that we didn't see the automail plates falling from his body (like in the manga shot... it should be like the genie's wrist bracelets falling off in "Aladdin," darn it, more dramatic, lol!). Also, in the manga, when we see the panel with his arm returned, his eyes are still staring ahead - only afterwards does he look over, which I thought was more impactful. But I can see why this was changed: it basically just looks like the animated panel takes place a couple seconds after the equivalent manga panel. The fingers are already 100% restored, the main automail plates have already fallen, and he's already glancing over at the arm. LOL, this is hardly a bit thing for me to nitpick over, but it was just something I noticed. happy.gif

Anyone else cringe when they showed the blood SPURTING from Ed's wounded arm when he was struggling to escape?! O_O I didn't think it was really that well animated, but it did its' job anyway. *shudder shudder*

I also "WTF, LOL"ed at the "Our Father" eyecatch.
FullTylerStarke
That episode was amazing, they're wrapping up pretty fast.
EveningAlchemist
This episode definitely belongs in the epic-action catagory! (I always thought DBZ was awesome anyways... ) Animation was pretty great and very showy with the attacks. Some scenes were given more attention then others, but that's just how it goes.

The "brotherhood" track was great where they used it, since it is the main theme, and it certainly added a dramatic but emotional feeling to the scene. I actually almost cried! This was just in the manga, and already seeing it animated is very emotional... or course so is Ed and Al's bravery. laugh.gif

I loved the wolf that appeared in Roy's fire attack for a split-second! Was that in the manga at all or just something they threw in?
Bag of Magic Food
Do you think the English dub will re-use the line "I'll show you real quick who the novice is!" at the end of this episode?
Elle-chan
I was crying. OMG IT WAS AWESOME!! mellow.gif
heartwing713
Okay...that wasn't as epic as I expected.

#1: WHERE'S MAH ROYAI? And they cut out the bit at the beginning of the manga chapter where Riza is thinking to herself. I liked that part. Without it, we don't see that she's still injured seriously, and it makes it look like she's just like "yay, all better, kthnxbai mei, imma fight nao"

#2: No Ed arm materializing.

#3: distorted father face made me lol. at an inappropriate time.

But on the bright side: The bit with Olivier was awesome, and so was Al getting Ed's arm back.
AXavierB
Oh yeah, this episode completely butchered the scene with Roy and Riza.

And I really hate how the music was used throughout the whole thing.
Royai plz :3
This episode was so epic O__O But not as epic a I expected.... ah well, I h ave high expectations. tongue.gif

I liked how the main theme was used too, but I think a sadder theme could work as well, seein ghow it's supposed to be a sadsadsad scene.

Also WHERE DID THE ROYAI GOOOOO. ;;_;; Still, the epic fight scenes made up for it a little. ^^ Fire dragon ftw!! XD

I don't get how Father's eyecatch thing says "Our Father"... It sounds weird lol. But ROYAI EYECATCH YAYZ. 8D

Seems that not even FMA can escape the clutches of the cliche "Let's yell out the main character's name in a very important battle" moment... Roy's yell was the best because he opened his eyes.... yeah I know I'm weird. XDD
cherry-chan. :D
I dunno... maybe it's just because the version I watched had quite some sucky subs, but I didn't find this episode as epic as I thought it would be. Oh, but yeah, it was epic and great and all, just that... I expected a bit more than that. XD

Being the Royai shipper that I am, WHERE'D THE ROYAI GO?! Haha. I agree with heartwing713 about the beginning of the manga chapter where Riza's thinking, etc. I liked that part too.
The fight scenes were pretty good. I liked the Olivier bit too. I generally liked the whole ep, except for its lack of Royai... but the eyecatch sort of... compensates. A little. (But compared to what we had in the manga! XD;;) Speaking of eyecatches, that "Our Father" thing just freaks me out. Really. (But I think that's because I'm Catholic. XD)

Al. ;_____; Maaan, this is why I love Al so much. XD <3 And Hoho too.

Aaaaand. Oh, the last part, when everyone's like, "Ed! Edward!" IDK. I liked it in the manga. It just lacked a little bit of emotion? For me? I dunno really. It might just be me again, but it felt more intense (or sth, for lack of a better word) when I was reading it. XD Must be me. Haha.

It was good. Great, maybe. (Okay, I'm trying to convince myself, because I know there were some parts where I was grinning from ear to ear because I thought scene so and so was awesome) Anyway, I'll probably think differently after watching it again tomorrow... but these are my initial thoughts. XD

Last two episodes. Please. I hope they meetexceed our expectations. 8D
RoyxRizaFan
^ BONES realized everyone was expecting more RoyAi in the end, and knowing they werent' including it, decided to let us down easy by cutting out RoyAi ahead of time. It's kind of painful, considering these were the last scenes we fans lived off of, but whatever, the eyecatch is my current background.

Anyhow, the episode was awesome. I love, love, love the scene where Al sacrifices his soul for Ed's arm. And when everyone kicks Father's @ss because, well, they're all so epic when they're fighting together.
zonkiethegreat
THIS EPISODE WAS EEEEEPPPPPIIIIICCCCCC. PERIOD.

Did you see ED GO BALLISTIC??? WOW! It was WAY better then the manga in this sense, (since its actually moving anime action!). It was like *POW* *BAM* *ME WEEPING* *KABOOM*!!!

LOVED IT, and have I ever mentioned that i love Greed/Ling???

EDIT: What do you mean where did the Royai go?? They had an eyecatch!!!
Vagrant
Poor direction for the BIG moment. Just lacked the 'oomph' it needed - to be specific.

Still don't know how they're going to stretch the final chapter into two episodes.
Kasumisty
63 episodes: People complaining about the need of cutting, rushing and changing scenes. 64 episodes: Now complaining about how they are going to stretch the events to fit...

Ontopic: I prefered (mostly) how the scenes were drawn in manga than in anime, but I like how they portrayed emotions, especially Ed's which were rather bland in comic panels.
zonkiethegreat
QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Jun 21 2010, 06:38 PM) *
63 episodes: People complaining about the need of cutting, rushing and changing scenes. 64 episodes: Now complaining about how they are going to stretch the events to fit...

Ontopic: I prefered (mostly) how the scenes were drawn in manga than in anime, but I like how they portrayed emotions, especially Ed's which were rather bland in comic panels.

Yes I agree! Ed's wrath at the end was SPECTACULARLY well done in the animation! I almost wanted stood up and started applauding at my computer monitor! biggrin.gif

There was just one thing that bugged me in the WHOLE EPISODE!
and it was this shot:

I loved the pose and slow motion of it, but I felt like it is lacking some serious shading (perhaps atmosphere? The sky is too bright?) and just a little more artistic detail to make it even more EPIC. That's all. Eh, maybe I'll play around with it in Photoshop. lol

btw, I am super happy that we are getting 64 eps instead of 63! biggrin.gif
FMAobsessed
I think this episode has the most screaming in Fullmetal history.
I love seeing Father getting what was coming to him.
I loved the Royai eyecatch and the "Our Father" eyecatch made me laugh. Since when did they start worshipping Father?
I am not too disappointed that the Royai scenes were cut out, this epsiode was just so amazing.
I am disappointed that the scene of Riza close to passing out and deciding not to give up at the beginning of 107 was cut. I thought it added a sense of realism. Because if I had lost that amount of blood I wouldn't be standing. But then again this is an anime.
Finally Al is reunited with his body!
allykatty1
Okay, have just seen the episode in HD with subs and take back 95% of what I said about not caring for the animation! XD There were still a few shots that were a little wonky-looking to me (a couple of distorted angry faces here and there), but most of the episode was animated beautifully. Looks like it was mostly the stream after all. smile.gif

Also thought the slo-mo Father vs. Ed lunge was very "Matrix" looking. tongue.gif
Flamez_Freak
@zonkie

i cant see the shot...((((

and this is easily one of the best animated episodes out there...

either way , I think the OUR FATHER thing was done to confirm the guy's GOD STATUS..
Kasumisty
Okay, I was going to say that there aren't many distorted faces in this one, but I was wrong. I've taken some shots. But even so, they don't disturb me much, unlike the ones in that episode with Fuhrer candidates.

In this case, they are adding dynamic to the scene.

But anyway, for a good laugh:

http://pl.tinypic.com/a/24lcn/2

Had some Ed shots as well, but compared to Father's, they were rather normal...

*gigglesnort*
FMAobsessed
I could have sworn that bloated Father was in FMA manga chapter 107. But it is not in 107. And I have no idea why I want to see bloated Father but I do.
Tombow
<Program Note>

QUOTE (Elle-chan @ Jun 22 2010, 10:10 AM) *
They should make the last episode one whole hour =) or into a movie

@Elle-chan - To avoid starting up discussions for the final 2 episodes of the series, ep 63 & 64 here, I moved your post to Episodes 63-64 Content Speculation (or Your Wish List) Thread - For Those Who Read FMA Manga Final Chapter thread. (From your other post I know you have read FMA manga chapter 108 ^^)

Everyone who would like to speculate/talk about the possible contents for the upcoming eps 63-64, please do so on one of the 2 designated threads especially created to discuss/speculate the possible contents for these upcoming series final episodes:

If you have read FMA manga chapter 108 please go to:
Episodes 63-64 Content Speculation (or Your Wish List) Thread - For Those Who Read FMA Manga Final Chapter thread.

If you have NOT read FMA manga chapter 108, please go to:
Episodes 63-64 Content Speculation (or Your Wish List) Thread - For Those Who Had Not Read FMA Manga Final Chapter thread.

----------------

Thank you, and now please continue discussions for episode 62. biggrin.gif

Pyroclasm
My thoughts while watching this episode:

Nooo! T_T Why the lack of Royai?!
Is it just me, or did Roy look REALLY young when he was talking to Greed there?
Oh, May… Every time she cries out “Alphonse-sama!” I feel like crying…
So Riza can stand without support now? Just last episode she was being held by Darius… They should’ve at least put in the scene at the start of the chapter, to show that she still wasn’t doing too well…
Roy casts Dragon Fume! Lol, what? Still, pretty darn awesome!
YAY! Roy and Riza eyecatch!
“Our Father?!” huh.gif Please don’t tell me Father is real, and secretly controlling Bones! ohmy.gif
Izumi and Alex fighting Father as well? I don’t remember that happening in the manga… Izumi was in too much pain to move around THAT well… And Father’s still hanging onto Greed… Wow, that looks weird…
Whee… Apparently everyone can fly now…
Ouch… That looks painful, Edward…
…Why isn’t the crack in danger of destroying the blood seal…? Why would they leave that bit out?
Oh, May… You’re trying to make me cry again…

Still, I rather enjoyed the episode. happy.gif
zonkiethegreat
Like someone stated earlier, the "Our Father" part of the eye-catch is probably just demonstrating his "god" status to a certain degree. It also makes it sound a little "cooler". LOL

@Flamez_Freak

I don't know why the image wouldn't load!? It was the shot where Ed and Father were both in the air, in slow-mo, ready to punch the crap out of each other. I felt like it needed a little more detailing and shading, and like the sky was very bright in the background. *shrugs*

Otherwise, I honestly can't stop watching the last half of this episode. It's just so AWESOME. I think I fell in love wit Ed a little more by the end of this ep!
Chiyo
Wow. Really I know people have said this episode was good but I was completely blown away with the animation, the action and the pace I think was well done.

I agree with Zonkie, slightly completely in love with Ed the animation in that part seemed out of place. Also not too keen on the music when Al initial meets...well Al....but overall two small niggles about an otherwise outstanding piece of anime.

I have edited a couple of posts a little. See Tombow's Post as to why.
Flamez_Freak
I don't understand how ppl can miss out important parts from the episode . .
Al's armour receiving the fatal crack was obviously visible . .
@zonkie, And about the final scene , the father/ed flying towards each other did lack detailing , but it wasn't as bad as ed and co running towards the immortal dummies in episode 52 .

And i think father's distored face during the fight with edward is classified as awesome artwork . smile.gif smile.gif wow . . The level of detail in his distorted face is extremely high . I'm proud of you BONES smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.