Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "Thank-you FMA/Hiromu Arakawa Letters" Translation Request Thread
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Valérie
ETA: Sept. 15, 2010

Hello, everyone,

So sorry for the delay in update! For one, I have been sick (caught a bad cold) for a while, and could not make any update (yes, this was besides our main translator becoming quite ill this Summer/Fall.) sad.gif
But further, our chief translator for the project, who had been on and off ill this Summer had to be hospitalized and hence was in no shape to produce any translations for a while. He is finally back, and slowly resuming the duties, and we hope to see the progress made as he gains better health. (And, we are very much committed in completing the project, but it is apparent that we do need more time to complete the project.) This has been a totally unanticipated & unfortunate turn for us also, and we are trying to coop with as best as we can, but meantime we apologize for all the delay!! So sorry!! sad.gif

ETA: Aug. 12, 2010

Hello everyone,

We are currently still working on completing Japanese translations. It has been taking longer than we anticipated due to our chief translator catching a bad case of Summer flu and subsequent complications (is recovering now ^^) and hence we had been making slow progress for the past week or so, but expecting to finish all translations soon.
Also, we are waiting for the completion of the Arakawa Appreciation fanart contest so that all the thank-you letters along with Japanese translations, as well as qualified thank-you Arakawa fanarts will be mailed out to Japan together. Meantime, we appreciate your patience. smile.gif

ETA: Aug 1, 2010

Hello everyone,

Thank you so much for your interest in our "send thank-you letters to Arakawa" program!

This project has now finished taking the Japanese translation requests for your thank-you letters to Arakawa. The submitted letters with the translation requests are currently being translated into beautifully written Japanese letters by our volunteer translation team! biggrin.gif

Once the translations are done, our staff will automatically send your original letters along with the Japanese translations to the project mailing team, and then all the letters will be mailed together to Japan. We'll keep you updated of our progress. smile.gif

ETA: July 24, 2010

Hello everyone,

Thank you for participating in our "send thank-you letters to Arakawa" program! The project closing date is fast approaching, and some of you may be worried that you have not seen the final Japanese translations of your original English letters being added to your original request posts yet. Please rest assured that although you may not see the final Japanese translations on your original request posts yet, your original English letters are already in the translation process, and the final Japanese translations are on the way. ^^

Also, please note that, to speed up the transmission process, we have modified the process after the final Japanese translations are being added to you r original translation request post.

New procedure: Instead of your sending both your original English thank-you letter and the Japanese translations to our project email address, we will now send both your original English thank-you letter and the Japanese translations directly to our project email address.
And yes, our project team staff will make sure to send all of the posted letters, with the completed final Japanese translations, to the project email address in time for mailing of the all the letters to Japan. ^^
That means, all the works on your part is all done. ^^ Once you placed your request on this thread, please sit back, relax, and wait for the final Japanese translations to be added to your original request post, along with the note from our project staff that the both your original English thank-you letter and the Japanese translations have been sent to the project email address.

In addition, of course we'll post the final report when we mail out the package with all the participating letters to Japan.
Thank you so much again for your participation on our "Thank you letters to Arakawa" program!!

Sincerely,
Valérie (project manager)

--------

This thread is dedicated to category 2 letters from the "Operation Thank-you letters to FMA/Hiromu Arakawa!" thread. For further informations about the whole project, please, go to this thread.

Here are the operation details:

------------------------

Category 2. For members who wish to send English thank-you letters accompanied by Japanese translations of your letters made by our volunteer board members.
(If you want us to "double-check" your Japanese translation, you can also submit the request in this category also. )

Max length limit of your original English letters to be translated into Japanese:
1000 chars (in English). We will not be counting chars, but we reserve the right to reject any letters submitted for translations that are overly exceeding this limit. ^^

Content:
Please limit the content to: Your thank-you to FMA/Hiromu Arakawa, and if you wish, the combination of any of the following: how much you enjoyed FMA, what the series meant to you/FMA in your life, who was your fav character.

Please close your letter by adding your board name, followed by, if you wish to add, (your real life name/nickname) then your country name (your country at birth, or the country you currently reside, or whichever/whatever the country you consider to be your country).

Note: Since the letters are sent as "from members of our board", the project staff will reserve the right to check the content and REJECT letters with any content that is deemed offensive. You will be notified from our project staff in such case.

How to get your thank-you letters to be translated into Japanese:
Post your original English "thank-you, FMA/Arakawa" letters on "Thank-you Fma/hiromu Arakawa" Letters Translation Request Thread (i.e. here ^^).

Our volunteer translators will then translate the submitted letters, loosely based on first-come first served bases, and when done the Japanese translations will be added to your original post. Once the final Japanese translations are added, our project staff will then copy and paste BOTH your original English letters and Japanese translations, and mail to our project email address.
(Please note that this part of the process has changed so that now, once you place your request letter on this thread, we will do the rest, and you do not have to do any further. ^^)
You will then copy and paste BOTH your original English letters and Japanese translations, and mail to our project email address.

* Please limit to only ONE such request per member.

Email address:
Send your participating original English thank-you letters along with Japanese translations to our project email address: [color="#FFFACD"]thankulettersfmadotcom@gmail.com

* Please limit to only ONE submission per member. If you participate in the category 1, then please do not send additional letters in category 2.
If you wish to send fanart also, please send your fanart submissions according to category 3.
All submissions from our members will be sent together, but your fanart will NOT directly accompany your thank-you letters.

Due date/time: (Please note that the due date has been extended and we have a new later due date! ^^)
Your original English letters with the request for the Japanese translations must be posted on this thread no later than Saturday, July 31, 2010 11:59 PM (on your time zone)

---

For those who wish to make own Japanese translations, but would like our experts to check the accuracy of translation, please write your original English letters according to project details in Category 2, then post your "translation accuracy check request" along with your original English letter and your Japanese translation of the letter on "Thank-you Fma/hiromu Arakawa Letters" Translation Request Thread, with words "translation accuracy check request" at the top of your post, then our Japanese translation experts will check your translation, and make corrections if necessary. When done, corrected Japanese translation will be added to your post. Then, copy paste your original English letters along with the corrected Japanese translation, and send to our project email address: thankulettersfmadotcom@gmail.com.

---

The project manager, Valerie will then make a print-out hard copies of all submitted English-Japanese thank-you letters, then bundle them together with all English thank-you letters from category 2, fanart submissions in category 3, and add the cover letters from our board to Arakawa-sensei (in Japanese) then send them all together, to Hiromu Arakawa, c/o YoungGanGan magazine in Japan sometime during the week of August 02, 2010, from France.

------------------------

After posting your English letter, do not post messages asking when your letter will be translated. This will help keeping the thread only with translation letters requests. The translation will be directly added to your original post when it's done.

IF you have questions, please post it on Operation "thank-you Letters To Fma/hiromu Arakawa" Project thread, or if you're outside of our board, please write to the following e-mail address: thankulettersfmadotcom@gmail.com

Members who want to volunteer and help in the translation process, can write to the same e-mail address. You can help us even if you don't speak Japanese.
whippersnapper
Dear Arakawa-sensei,

I'm sure you hear this a lot, but I'm still going to say it: you're brilliant! I love your manga biggrin.gif
I've only started reading Fullmetal Alchemist last year, but fell in love with it almost immediately.
Even though the story is in a fantasy setting, I like that there's an underlying logic. It always amuses me how something unexpected happens, but it's perfectly logical in hindsight, like Al exchanging his soul for Ed's arm(oh, Al! Welcome back!)
Also, the consistency of characters are amazing, and they are all so likable <3 You even make me feel sorry for the bad guys like Envy and Greed T^T
I really enjoy re-reading the manga because I'll notice details I missed (like Shao May sticking to Roy's face, haha -vol.12), or think about things differently.
The omakes are really funny too (I certainly wouldn't mind 100 pages of them XD)

I would really like to thank you for creating Fullmetal Alchemist, for all your hard work, and for bringing joy to fans around the world. ありがとうございます!

Whippersnapper, Malaysia

荒川先生,

先生はもう何度もお聞きになった事と思いますが, 私も先生への賞讃の言葉を加えさせて頂きます。
荒川先生は本当に素晴らしいです。 私は先生の漫画が大好きです!
私は昨年から 鋼の錬金術師を読み始めましたが、たちまち この 漫画の 大ファンになってしまい ました。
鋼の錬金術師 のストーリーは 架空の世界での物語ですが、その底には きちんとした論理が流れている点が 特に気に入ってい ます。
物語の中で何か予想外の事が起っても、 後で思い返して見ると それはちゃんとした論理に支えられていて, いつも感心してしまいます。 例えば、アルが彼の魂と引換えに エドの右腕を取り戻した点などです。(ああ, そう言えば, お帰りなさい, アル!)
それに, 先生の物語の中での登場人物の性格の一貫性には, ただただ感心しています。 更に, どのキャラクターも とても好感が持てる人物ばかりで, エンヴィやグリードのような悪人物でさえ, 彼らの窮地の時には, つい気の毒に思ってしまい ます。
先生の漫画は, 読み返す度に, 前に読み過ごした細部に気が付いたり、 (例えば、単行本第12巻で シャオ・メイがロイの顔にしがみついた 場面などです、フフ) 或いは, 次に訪れた時には, 又違う観点が 開かれたりして, 読み返すのがとても楽しいです。
それに, オマケは実に面白おかしくて, オマケばかり百ページ位あっても構わない程です。
鋼の錬金術師を創ってくださって 本当にありがとうございました。
先生の 多大な努力により, この素晴しい物語で, 世界中の ファンに喜びを与えてくださった事を, 本当に感謝いたします。
ウイッパー スナッパー、マレージア
RoyxRizaFan
Arakawa-Sensei,

I wanted to thank you for bringing me on one of the most enjoyable journeys I’ve taken as a reader. I have truly enjoyed every moment of Fullmetal Alchemist. Your story never fell into the usual clichés of shounen manga, and took on a life of its own, becoming the most memorable manga I’ve ever read.

As an aspiring writer, your writing has truly influenced me over the years. I’ve been moved by your loveable, original, and well-developed characters, and the deep relationships they formed with one another. Your detailed, intricate plots, and the way you crafted your story to never leave any loose ends has taught me so much as a writer, and has kept me on the edge of my seat as an avid and devoted reader. Fullmetal Alchemist has always, and will always stick out to me because of its realistic and original cast and the deep themes about life, humanity, love, family, and hope, not to mention the perfect balance of action, drama, comedy, and romance. Even now that this story is over, I will never forget about Ed, Al, and Roy, or the journeys they went on, and their story will echo in my mind and continue to influence and inspire my writing for many years to come. Thank you for making these past years so special!

Your biggest fan,
RoyxRizaFan, United States of America

荒川先生

鋼の錬金術師は、私に読者としてこれまでに無かった最も味わい深い旅を与えてくれました。本当にありがとうございました。 鋼の錬金術師と共に過ごした時間は, そのどれを取っても本当に楽しいものでした。
先生の物語は、少年漫画にありがちな常套手段に落ち入ることなく、常に独自の生命を保ち続けていて、私がこれまでに読んだ中で最も印象深い漫画となりました。
更に, 作家の卵である私にとって, 先生の作品は私に真に 深い影響を与えました。先生の物語は、登場人物の一人一人が独特の 愛すべき個性を保っていて, その人格も一人一人が十分に考えられて創られており, それらのキャラクターが織りなす人間関係は, 私に深い感動を与えてくれました。
私は、先生の物語の詳細に隅々まで余す所なく組み立てられた複雑な筋立てに、作家としてさまざまな事を学びつつ、又同時に、 先生の作品の熱心な 愛読者の一人として、 私は先生の物語に 読む毎に 私の 心を奪われてしまいました。
その写実的 且つ 独自なさまざまなキャラクター、それに、 人生、人類愛、家族、希望などを含む 物語の深いテーマ、更に加えて、 アクション、ドラマ、ロマンス, コメディなどの物語の中での完璧な調和などなど、鋼の錬金術師は、これからもずっと私の中に深い地位を占めて生き続けて行く事でしょう。
鋼の錬金術師の物語は完結しましたが、 エド、アル、ロイ達の旅とその物語は、まだまだずっと私の心の中に鳴り続けて、私の創作意欲を促し続けると共に、これからも長年に渡って、作家としての私に 深い影響を与え続ける事でしょう。
私に、この過去数年間の、鋼の錬金術師と共に過ごしたすばらしい意義のある時間を与えてくださって、本当にありがとうございました。

あなたの最大のファンより、
ロイライザファン、 アメリカ合衆国
cherry-chan. :D
Dear Arakawa-sensei,

First of all, congratulations! Fullmetal Alchemist has concluded wonderfully, and all your hard work on this series really paid off.

I wasn’t really into shounen manga before, but when I discovered Hagaren last year, I regretted not seeing it sooner, but I felt a greater happiness that even at least for a year, I got to know and enjoy Fullmetal Alchemist. Although waiting for the release of each chapter every month was nerve-wracking, it was exciting and it was always worth the wait.

I’m pretty sure that Fullmetal Alchemist will go unrivalled as my favourite manga. Each character has their own charm that makes me like them, regardless of being a protagonist, antagonist, or a supporting character. Fullmetal Alchemist wasn’t a simple story to tell, but you managed to do so brilliantly. The unique and well-thought-of plot and characters… I don’t think anything can compare to it.

“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return.” –For all the effort you’ve put into this series, and for all the happiness you’ve given us through this manga, you deserve to get a lot of praise, thanks, and much more in return! (happy.gif)

Thank you very much!

Cherry-chan, Philippines

荒川先生、

まずは とりあえず、鋼の錬金術師の完結おめでとうございます!
鋼の錬金術師は素晴らしい終了をむかえて、先生の長年に渡る多大な努力が見事に実りましたね。

私は 以前は少年漫画に興味がありませんでしたが、昨年ハガレンを見つけて以来、もっと以前に見つけなかった事を悔やんでいます。
でも、少なくともこの一年の間、鋼の錬金術師を知ることができて、このすばらしい物語を楽しむことができた事を、とても幸福に思っています。
この一年間、 毎月新しい章の到着を待っている間はじっとしていられない思いに駆られましたが、それは又ワクワクする楽しみでもありましたし、その後ではいつも充分に待ち 甲斐のあった新章を楽しむことができました。

私は、鋼の錬金術師は、これからもずっと私の一番好きな漫画として、私の中に比類のない地位を保ち続けると確信しています。
鋼の錬金術師の中のキャラクターは、どの人物も、皆それぞれの個性的な魅力を備えていて、主人公、 敵役、 脇役などの、その人物の物語の中での役付けにかかわらず、どの人物も皆好きになってしまいます。
それに鋼の錬金術師の物語は、複雑な、簡単には語れないストーリーですが、先生はそれを見事に描き出して下さいました。
鋼の錬金術師の、独特の見事に考え抜かれた筋書きと個性的な登場人物は、私にとって、他に比べる者のない地位をしめています。

「人間は何かの犠牲なしに何も得る事などできない」- 荒川先生、先生の 多大な努力により, この素晴しい物語を生み出して, 私達に数々の喜びを与えて下さって, 本当にありがとうございました。先生の 多大な努力に酬うべく, 私達の沢山の賞讃と感謝の辞が先生の元に届く事を期待しています。

本当にありがとうございました。
チェリーちゃん、フィリピン
deet-tastic
Dear Arakawa-sensei,
Words cannot describe how much I admire you. Your talent in storytelling and art is one-of-a-kind. Fullmetal Alchemist was my first manga, and I still have yet to find one that can top it on my list. Your characters are so well put together. Each character has a purpose, and they aren't there just to further the plot. I really admire this. I also love that your female characters are so strong. It's good to see characters of the same gender be so courageous. Another thing that amazes me is how much research you have put into the smallest details. It's all very inspiring. I'll keep this letter short, because I know you must get so many of these, and also because I just can't find what words to use. I admire you so much, and am humbled by the thought of even sending you this letter. Thank you so much.
-Kylie Daniels, United States of America

GOOGLE:
親愛なる荒川、先生
言葉はどれだけ私はあなたを賞賛記述することはできません。物語のあなたの才能と芸術が1の-一種である。鋼の錬金術師は私の最初の漫画である、と私はまだ1つを私のリストの上に戻ることができます見つけなければならない。あなたの文字がとてもうまくまとめている。各文字の目的を持って、彼らはそこだけプロットを促進するためではありません。私は実際にこれをお楽しみください。私はまた、あなたの女性キャラクターが強くて大好きです。それは良いので、勇気が同性の文字を参照してくださいです。私はどのように多くの研究あなたは細部に入れている驚かせるもう一つ。それはすべての非常に刺激的だ。私はあなたのように、これらの多くを取得する必要が知っているので私は、この手紙を短くしておこうまたので、私はまさに言葉は使用を見つけることができません。私はそうと、多くのことを尊敬も、この手紙を送るという考えで謙虚にしています。どうもありがとうございました。
-カイリーダニエルズは、アメリカのアメリカ合衆国

I hope google got that translated correctly.
FailToImpress
Here we go, apparently this is 749 characters smile.gif My real name at the end is Kara, the Japanese looks correct for those sounds but I've no idea if that's what my name would actually be in Japanese... Just a note for you.
-----

Dear Arakawa-sensei,
I cannot express just how much I have enjoyed Fullmetal Alchemist! Over the years I have witnessed your characters’ journey and felt a part of it myself, as I eagerly awaited a new chapter each month. I truly admire your storytelling abilities and your fantastic drawings.

Roy is my favourite character, but it has never been easy to choose. They are all so unique and endearing in their own ways. I’ve grown so attached to Edward and Alphonse, Winry, Roy and Riza and their military team, because the way you tell their stories just brings them to life.

I started reading your manga nearly 6 years ago now, it quickly became my all time favourite, and upon its ending I have shed many a tear, but what I will take with me are the memories! I hope you know that you have brought a great deal of happiness to me and many others with this wonderful story. Thank you so much!

Kara, Scotland, U.K.
--------

Google translation:
--------

親愛なる荒川、先生
私がどれだけ私は鋼の錬金術師を楽しんでいる表現できない!年間私はあなたの文字の旅を目撃して、それ自身の一部を感じて、私は熱心に新しい章を毎月待っている。私は本当に、あなたの素晴らしい絵をストーリーテリングの能力に感心する。

ロイは私のお気に入りの文字ですが、それを選択する簡単なことがない。彼らはすべてとてもユニークで愛情のこもった独自の方法です。私は方法は、彼らの物語を伝えるため、そのエドワードとアルフォンス、ウィンリィ、ロイとリザとその軍事チームには、添付の成長しただけの生活に、それらをもたらします。

私は今、ほぼ6年前にあなたの漫画を読み始めて、すぐに私のすべての時間の好みとなり、時の私は多くの涙を、しかし、何が私は私と一緒にかかる思い出です小屋が終了!私はあなたが私にこの素晴らしい話を他の多くの幸福の大きなを持って知っていると思います。どうもありがとう!

カラ、スコットランド、英国
hoprabbit
Dear Arakawa-sensei,

You're a brilliant writer and you've inspired so many pictures and parody fiction, even just for me! I've enjoyed reading your work and watching the animated series by the same name so much, and my friends were just thrilled when I introduced them to your amazing characters. Congratulations on completing this huge project!

And just because I love her so much, I have to tell you that my favorite character is Riza Hawkeye. Between her deep connection to Roy (Who I also love very much) and her attitude I developed an idolship for her. I'm sad to see her story ends here, but still so happy of what a great character she became!

I know this letter was probably no different than the thousands you'll be receiving, but here's my two cents: It really meant something to me that a 'tiny, insignificant human' like myself could relate to a lot of what Ed is going through. With a lot of places, someone like Ed would've been just another whiny character with no mom. Thanks for giving him backbone and an automail leg to stand on.

Thank you for all those years of amazing story and hope for more of your work,

Jerrica L., United States

-----------------------------

Should be roughly 1137 characters counting spaces. Don't know about without them.
AXavierB
Dear Arakawa-sensei,

Thanks so much for bringing us this amazing series. It's rare that I get so attached to a work of fiction, but I love Fullmetal dearly and I'll keep on loving it for years to come. I'm genuinely sad to see it end. It's almost like losing a family member, to be honest, and I'll always be grateful to you for creating it.

The theme of the series, about overcoming all obstacles and building your future, really stood out to me. The story, the characters, all of it was incredible from beginning to end, and I feel your work has inspired me to create. I'll miss Edward, Alphonse and all the friends they made. But dwelling on the end of the series would probably go against the overarching theme of moving forward, right?

By the way, I have to say that I especially love Pride. He's been my favorite character since the final arc. Thanks for creating such a cute, adorable incarnation of pure evil. I'll miss that little guy too. Anyway, thanks again for making these last few years so great for me.

AXavierB (Austin Bell), United States

荒川先生

私達にこの素晴らしい物語を与えてくださって、本当にありがとうございました。 フィクションの作品にこのように夢 中になってしまうのは、 私にはまれなことなの です が、「鋼の」 の場合は例外で、私は これからもずっと長い間この作品を愛し続けることと思います。
鋼の錬金術師の連載が終わってしまったのは、私にとって実に悲しい出来事で、正直言って家族の一員を失ってしまったよ うな気がします。
でも、先生には、この素晴らしい物語を創り出してくださった事を深く感謝しています。

この作品の主題である、「すべ ての障害を克服し己れの未来を構築する」という点は、 特に私の 気を引きました。 加えて、 物語の展開や 登場人物も 始めから終わりまで一貫してすばらしく、私は先生のこの作品を読む毎に、私自身の創作意欲を促がされてしまいます。 もうこれ以上 エドワードとアルフォンスの旅の続きと、旅の上でか彼らが知り合うさまざまな友人達について読む事が出来なくなてしまったのは寂しい気がしますが、このようにこの連載の終わってしまったをいつまでもくよくよ考え続けるのは、きっとこの漫画の全体の主題に反するのでしょうね。

ところで、私はプライドが特に好きです。彼はこの物語が最終の段階に入った頃から私のお気に入りの人物になりました。こんなに可愛らしく且つ愛らしい悪の化身を作ってくれてありがとうございました。彼の事も懐かしく思い返しています。
私にとって、この過去数年間の、鋼の錬金術師と共に過ごした時間は とても楽しい思い出です。 こんなに素晴らしい物語を創ってくださって、本当にありがとうございました。
AザヴィアB (オースティン. ベル)アメリカ合衆国
Radadinator
Dear Arakawa-sensei,

There are a lot of things that I love about Fullmetal Alchemist, but my favorite aspect is just how lighthearted it can be for such a dark plot. It’s amazing how Ed and Al and everybody else are so optimistic. I tend to really love sort of melancholy, reflective stories on one side and entertaining, action-packed ones on the other, and it’s truly refreshing to see a story that balances those two sides so well!

For someone who never really liked manga, Fullmetal completely blew me away. Thanks so much for creating this amazing, inspirational work and for influencing me in how I write.

And I’d have to say that Al’s definitely my favorite character, because he made me cry with his infuriating selflessness and kindness.

I've only been following Fullmetal for a few years, but it's made a huge impact on those years. Thanks again!

Kyung Min Lee, South Korea.
Jen_Elric
Dear Arakawa-sensei,

Thank you so much for creating such a wonderful series! Fullmetal Alchemist was, is, and always will be my favorite! Following the journey of Ed and Al, as they try to get their bodies back, and then seeing that they succeeded (minus Ed's leg) was fantastic! I really loved how not only did the manga have some great funny scenes, it also kept me at the edge of my seat!
Again, thank you from the bottom of my heart! And thank you for giving it the ending it deserved!

Jen_Elric, United States

P.S. I can't wait for your next series!!

荒川先生

このような素晴らしい作品を創ってくださって 本当にありがとうございました。鋼の錬術師は、これからもずっとわたしの一番お気に入りの漫画となるでしょう。
この物語の間、私達はエドとアルの 二人の 体を取り戻す旅にずっと従ってきましたが、最後になって彼らがついにそれに成功した(エドの足を除いて) のを見て、とても嬉しかったです! この漫画は、数々の面白おかしい場面に加えて、物語の間中がはらはらさせられるサスペンスの連続で、とても素晴らしかったです!
それに、この漫画に相応しい素晴らしい完結の仕方を与えてくださって ありがとうございます。
私達にこのような素晴らしい作品を与えてくださった事を心の底から感謝いたします。

追伸、あなたの次の作品を心待ちにしています!
ジェン エルリック、 アメリカ合衆国
IttyBittyPretty
Dear Ms. Arakawa,
From the bottom of my heart, thank you so very much. For investing several years of your life in writing and drawing Fullmetal Alchemist. For creating so many memoriable characters. Finally, for crafting a compelling narrative. You have proven that a great story will shine in any format. I look forward to reading your future works, although I hope you might revisit Edward and others from time to time.

Itty Bitty Pretty, United States
eetaman
Dear Arakawa-sensei,

This series.....is the most amazing series I have ever read/watched! I mean, I would literally stay awake at night thinking about the next chapter for Fullmetal Alchemist (as well the next episode of Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood). I am glad that I was introduced to this series back in 2004 when Fullmetal Alchemist first became an animated series. Thank you very much for your time and effort through all these years making Fullmetal Alchemist an awesome series to remember! I'll be sure to tell my children and grandchildren about it!

One of your dedicated fans,
eetaman (Linda Burks), United States

荒川先生

鋼の錬金術師シリーズは、 漫画、 アニメ共に、私が今まで知り合った中で最も素晴らしい連載シリーズで した。
この漫画が連載されている間、私はしばしば夜も眠らずに、来るべき次の章の内容について考えたり (或はハガレン アニメ シリーズや 鋼FA アニメ シリーズ の 放映中, 次話の内容に ついて考えたり) したほどです。
私が鋼の錬金術師を初めて知ったのは、2004 年に ハガレン アニメ シリーズの アメリカ合衆国での英語での放映が始まった時以来ですが、おかげでこの素晴らしいシリーズに知り合う事が出来て、本当によかったと思っています。
先生の長年に渡る努力により、この鋼の錬金術師を、記憶すべき素晴しいシリーズに育てて頂いて、 本当にありがとうございました。
私はこの作品についてわたしの子供たちにも孫たちにも語り継いでいくつもりです。

あなたのひたむきな大ファンのひとり
イ-タマン (リンダ.バークス) アメリカ合衆国
Asagi
Dear Arakawa-sensei,

I really love Fullmetal Alchemist is the most amazing manga I have ever read.I started reading it 4 years ago and it fascinated me a lot because of the incredible story you developed and the characters that captivated me.I don't know who is my favorite character because all of them are amazing specially women.Fullmetal Alchemist and you have inspired me and given me hope.I really want to thank you for creating such wonderful series.Ed and Al finally fulfill their goals and be happy in the last chapter made me cry for happiness.Thank you a lot again and I look forward to your next work.

María Huamán, Perú
jacksparrow589
(Like cherry-chan's, mine looks pretty long, but the count comes to 1011 characters with spaces, and 836 without. Thank you to the translators! happy.gif)

Dear Arakawa-sensei,

Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful creation, FullMetal Alchemist, with us for the past 9 years! Since learning of it in 2005, I have looked forward to and enjoyed every new chapter. Everything about this manga—the characters, the emotions, the relationships, the plot—was very real to me, and in part helped me discover more about who I am and what I believe. (On a few other levels, I very much enjoyed FullMetal Alchemist as an amateur writer, a young woman, and a manga fan in general. Your work is very open to whoever wants to read it!)

It is hard to put into words just how much FullMetal Alchemist has meant to me on every level. It is without a doubt the most profound manga I have ever read, and is by far my favorite. It is one I know I will keep coming back to!

Congratulations on the completion of this masterpiece, and again, I thank you more than words can say for sharing it with readers worldwide!

Sincerely,

jacksparrow589 (Katy Hulsman), United States of America
Lin Yao
Dear Arakawa-sensei,

First, I want to thank you for creating such a masterpiece. Fullmetal Alchemist, to me, is the best anime and manga of all time. I really enjoyed it to a point of near obsession, haha. It really defined what true anime and manga should be. It was a privilage to read such a powerful and awesome manga, and watch such a touching, wonderful anime. Both series, FMA and FMA Brotherhood both, along with the movie, have shown what FMA is all about. I really enjoy the series and I'm glad it was able to end on a good note. While I'm sad that it had to end so soon, at the same time, I'm glad it ended while it was still popular. FMA is a part of my life, and I will never forget FMA for as long as I live. My favourite characters were (and still are): Roy, Ed, Al, Hughes, Winry, Ling, Havoc, Riza, and Lan Fan (yes I couldn't choose, almost all of the characters you created were just so good!). I hope to see more of your work someday and hope that it will be just as good as FMA was. I look forward to your next work. Shanghai Yōmakikai and Hero Tales look like great series and will look forward to seeing them soon.

Congratulations on such a wonderful masterpiece, Arakawa-sensei!

Sincerely,

Lin Yao (Josh Grimes), Canada

荒川先生

まずはじめに、このような名作を 創り出して下さって、本当にありがとうございました。
鋼の錬金術師は、私が今まで体験した中で、最高の漫画でありアニメでありました。
私はこの物語の連載中、毎月ガンガンの新章が発売されると、まるで取り憑かれたように夢中になって読んでしまいました、フフフ。

私にとって、この作品は、本当の漫画やアニメはどのように在るべきかを明確に例証してくれた逸品でした。このような素晴らしい、力強く重みのある漫画を毎月読む事が出来て、そしてそれを感動的なアニメとして楽しむ事が出来て、本当に 幸いだったと思っています。
更に、このシリーズのアニメとして、ハガレン アニメ シリーズ, 鋼FA アニメ シリーズ, それに劇場版シャンバラ共に、 それぞれがハガレンの世界を違う角度から映し出した、それぞれの味を持った素晴らしいアニメとして楽しむ事が出来ました。

私は本当にこの作品が大好きです。それにこの物語の前向きな完結の仕方もとても気に入りました。
この物語がもう終わってしまったのはとても悲しいすが、と同時に、私の一番のお気に入りの漫画が、すばらしい人気をもって大成功に完結したことをとても嬉しく思っています。

鋼の錬金術師はすでに私の人生の一部となり、私が生きている限り決して忘れる事の無い 作品となっています。
私のお気に入りの人物は、ロイ、エド、アル、ヒューズ、ウィンリィ、リン、ハボック、ライザ、ランファン です。(こんなに沢山のお気に入りが有るのは、この漫画はどの人物もとても良く描かれていて、その中から特に何人かをを選ぶのがとても難しいからです。)

又いつか鋼の錬金術師の ように素晴らしい先生の他の作品に出会う事を心待ちにしています。
あなたの次の連載作品を楽しみに待っています。上海妖魔鬼怪と獣神演武は中々素晴らしい作品とうかがっていますので、これから読む事を楽しみにしています。

鋼の錬金術師の素晴らしい完結と大成功本当におめでとうございます! このような傑作を成し遂げられたことを心から祝福申し上げます!

敬具
リン ヤオ (ジョシュ.グライムス) カナダ
Nefertekas
(( First off, you guys rock. Thank you to everyone who's being a part of this project. Uhm, hope mine's not too big... ^^; Word counts 477 words (EDIT: scratch that, now it's 1,041 characters spaces not included), I don't think it includes spaces! If it's too big I can rewrite it. It looks bigger with all the paragraphs but I didn't want it to be all bunched up together, you know? ))

Dear Arakawa-sensei,

Where should I begin? I've been an anime fan since I can remember. I "met" the first FMA anime in 2005 and I liked it very much.

Reading your manga a year and a half ago, my passion for anime was rekindled!

Never have I read such a deep story, with intense characters and mind-twisting plot.
I have never laughed so hard or cried so much with a story. You transported us into a different world, taught us valuable lessons... You got us to THINK.

Having to wait a month between each chapter was both painful and exhilerating, and each time the 11th of each month approached my heart throbbed out of expectation.

In just a year and a half a new element was added into my life and it will always be here: my fullmetal heart. It was also a privilege to watch the characters grow and your art with them!

Thank you: for all the time invested, all the happiness you brought your fans, all the deep emotions. The adventure, the friendship, the moral values, the humanity of it. The characters I love and know so well, because you INSISTED on making them all so perfect.

So thank you also for a lovely, happy ending. The best ever. Good thing Ed grew taller, otherwise Winry wouldn't have married him, right? ; )

Love from,

Nefertekas (Teresa Semedo), Portugal
Turdaewen
I hope this is short enough ^^

Dear Arakawa-Sensei

It has been an honor and a delight to read and watch Fullmetal Alchemist. It has been a constant companion of mine for quite a few years, now. Every since 2003, when I first got to hear about it, I fell in love not only with FA, but with all the works you’ve made. It had been years since I liked any mangakas’ work this much.
I was for quite a while away from the world of anime and, honestly, was quite tired of it, but your works gave me back my enthusiasm for it. It reaches me to a level beyond my understanding.
Although I’m sad it’s over, It holds much more beauty, a story were you have a message to pass and give it a closure. It gives a sense of completeness.
You have won a lifetime fan in me, you can be sure of that. Congratulations for such a masterpiece and good luck with your career. I hope to hear a lot more about you.

Turdaewen – Raquel Gontijo - Brazil

From google translate:

親愛なるは荒川先生

これは、名誉と喜びを読んで、鋼の錬金術師を見ている。これはかなりの数年間、今私の定数コンパニオンをされている。すべては2003年以来、私が最初に聞くようになったが、私は愛のFAだけではなく、落ちたのが、作ったすべての作品。私はmangakasの作品をこれほど好きなのでそれは年をしていた。
私はかなり長い間だったアニメの世界から離れと、正直なところ、非常にその物語の、あなたの作品疲れていたそれを私の熱意を私に返した。これは、レベル私の理解のかなたに私に達する。
私は悲しいが、それが終わる、それは多くの美しさを保持して、話がメッセージを渡す必要があると、あなたは、それを閉じてくださいとした。それは完全感を与える。
あなたは私の生涯のファンを獲得している場合は、そののことを確認することができます。おめでとうあなたのキャリアでこのような傑作と幸運です。私はあなたについて多くを聞いてほしい。

Turdaewen - ラケル Gontijo - ブラジル
inuhana
Arakawa-sensei,
Fullmetal Alchemist has, in short, changed my life. Aside from being an wonderfully story with engaging characters, your work has influenced my daily life. Sometimes, I see a situation and think, "What would Edward do here?" Ah, thank you, thank you so much. Now, I am enjoying Juushin Enbu.
With much appreciation,
inuhana
Rebecca Brown
United States of America

荒川先生

鋼の錬金術師が私に与えた影響を、手短かに一口で表すなら、鋼の錬金術師は私の人生を変えました。この作品は私に素晴らしい物語と魅力的なキャラクターを与えてくれたばかりでなく、私の日常生活にも影響を与えました。この漫画に出逢って以来、時々私はある状態に直面した時、「エドならどうするかな?」と考えてしまいます。
ああ、荒川先生ありがとう、本当にありがとうございました。
私は今は獣神演武を楽しんでいます。

本当にありがとうございました。
イヌハナ (レベッカ.ブラウン) アメリカ合衆国
DSender
Dear Hiromu Arakawa,

I´m so glad that I can thank you of this way. FMA isn´t only a manga, it´s a great story with great characters and you can learn a lot about it. There are many moments in it that I love and I can say that this is my favourite story ever.

If I had to choose a character I would choose Van Hohenheim. He´s my favourite character, a person with a sad past that has been living his own life with all those feelings and memories... a father that couldn´t give their sons all that he would like, his love for Trisha and his sons... it´s wonderful. But choosing only one character is hard and there are many great deep characters... every character is amazing!

Oh, and I love the ending and those words of the end... "a fullmetal heart..."
And the Hohenheim´s death... wonderful...

I can imagine that you are not only a great mangaka but a great person too. Congratulations for your work, keep it up!
Good luck and be so happy!

P.S. now I´m buying "hero tales" ^^
Also, I'm sending you a present, my "thank you" fanart that is also being sent in this mail to you. It's showing my sculpture re-creation of your famous "cow" figure. I hope you like it!

DSender, Daniel Sender, Spain

<Hello DSender, since we can not make "attachment picture" on the actual letters to Arakawa-sensei, we changed your letter to as shown above. Hope you don't mind. ^^ Please feel free to re-edit the wording. ^^ ~ Project team staff>
sealy7
Dear Arakawa-sensei,

Thank you for nine years of an awesome manga! When I started Fullmetal Alchemist at the age of eight, I had no idea the series would become such a considerable part in my life. FMA has taught me so much about life, learning, and determination. I hope you're extremely proud of the world you've created, because while it's technically only on paper, the life lessons you can learn from the series transcend make the series as real to me as the air I'm breathing or the chair I'm sitting in. FMA is unlike any other manga out there, because you put what really is important in life and mixed it with great character depth and plot growth. If I were to pick a favorite character, it'd probably be Winry Rockbell, because she's such a strong heroine and a role model for us girls. You are an amazing artist and writer, and I'm looking forward to your next series! Thank you so much for sharing FMA!

Sincerely,
sealy7, United States of America
EniviD EiraM
Thanks for the person who will translate my letter and I do hope that Sensei will receive this:

Dearest Arakawa-sensei,

First of all, I would like to congratulate you for the great success of Fullmetal ALchemist. It was the best! Your work inspired me to overcome hardships with courage and to learn from my mistakes. FMA isn't just like any manga series filled with action and comedy but it is also a series that lectures about life and is based from some reality.

Sensei, thank you very much for your hardwork. I hope you will continue to inspire other people. Thank you for that cool pipsqueak alchemist you created.

More Power !

Sincerely,
Divine Marie, Philippines

Keos
I'm probably a bit late to the party, but hopefully I'll still have time to get this to the official mailers by the due date! Thank you very much to the person who will translate this for me since I don't have the skills to do it myself ^ ^ :

Dear Arakawa-sensei,

Thankyou for so meticulously crafting such a wonderful, wonderful manga ("Fullmetal Alchemist"), the world and its science, the characters and their feelings and the epicness of the plot! I just want to let you know how much I enjoyed reading the manga and how much I appreciate you writing such a satisfying and happy ending for the characters whom I love. ^ ^ It is so rare nowadays to come across a good manga with a realistic and yet happy ending, so I am very grateful to see you include it! Once again, thankyou for creating such a wonderful manga from Start to Finish and I look forward to your next work!

Keos (from Australia).

PS: EdWin forever! Both Ed and Al are my favourites smile.gif
InuNaruPokeAlchemist
here's my letter.

Dear Arakawa-sensei,

I've been watching the Fullmetal Alchemist anime for almost two years now. I still can not find any series more intense or as epic as your creation, Fullmetal Alchemist. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for making such an amazing series.
It helped me get out of a bad time during my life. In 2008, I tragically lost all my living grandparents in a 5 month time frame. It was sad, but then I discovered Fullmetal Alchemist. It has changed the way I view the world.
I loved everything about the series, from the characters, to the story, to the amazing plot twists and the alchemy. Truly amazing! A part of me died inside when I found out it had ended. The series itself is amazing, and very well written.
Sensei, there are not enough words to describe my gratitude for making such an amazing series. I wish I would have gotten into this series the day it came out in the USA, truly remarkable. I look forward to watching the rest of the Brotherhood anime and reading the manga. Thank you for making Fullmetal Alchemist.
Love,
15 year old girl, InuNaruPokeAlchemist, USA
hand-made-city
I've been helping out with all the thank you letters that I forgot to post mine! ohmy.gif

Dear Arakawa-sensei,

I first began to read Fullmetal Alchemist in 2007, when I was starting my first year of college. Your work had such a strong ability to entertain and engage me, and gave me so much to look forward to in life, even during hard times. Like you, I aspire to being an artist someday. I will continue working towards my goal, just as Ed and Al have done throughout their own journey. Thank you for inspiring me and so many others with your wonderful series! I look forward to your future works!

Sincerely,
Victoria (United States of America)
QueenTiria
My letter-

To Arakawa-sensei

Your works have changed my whole perspective on manga, and to date, Fullmetal Alchemist is the best story I have ever watched or read, in any language. To me your original ideas, your messages that you get across by your amazing artwork and dialogue is something that is so amazing you truly are the Cow Goddess XD

I wanted to let you know that your stories and manga are one of a kind- it is so much more than the ordinary battle shounen manga, that I think it needs a new category! Truly, this saga is even better than Harry Potter. You are so so talented and FMA has been an important part of my life. I am sad, but I am happy to see you bring to a close a complete and epic story (instead of going on for 23902802380 chapters other manga seem to have). Thank you giving me the honour to read such an amazing work, and I look forward to your next story!

QueenTiria (Tracey L.), Australia
Animeoldtimer
I'm sorry if I'm too late. Thanks to all the people putting there time into this. Here is my letter:

Dear Arakawa-sensei,
I first want to thank you for writing such a beautiful original story in Fullmetal Alchemist. You put real emotion and intellect into the story line and created a world that was believable and characters I liked. I especially enjoyed the subtle love of Ed and Winry. I’m happy that the female characters played an important role in the story and weren’t just “eye candy”. I looked forward to each chapter as it came out. I even felt it was as epic as Star Wars! You are a wonderful storyteller and I wish you the best in the future!

Thank you,

Celia H aka Animeoldtimer (United States of America)

Edamame
My word count says this is 980 characters, but it looks longer for some reason.
--------------------------------
Dear Arakawa-sensei,

I have been following the Elric brothers on their journey for nine years now, and I can not believe that such an amazing and finely-crafted story has come to an end. Each one of the characters that you have created seemed to leap off the page as I read, and it was as though I too was traveling alongside Edward and Alphonse and sharing in their struggles and triumphs. I do not think any other manga has taught me so much about human nature, love, and hope in the face of incredible odds as Full metal Alchemist has. Edward has to be one of my favourite characters in fiction as I admire his courage, optimism, and his strength never to give up until his goal is achieved. It has been such an honour to read your work, and I hope to pass this story on to a friend who can begin their own journey with some of most memorable characters in manga.

Thank you! I look forward to your next story and wish you the very best,
Kristine L (Edamame), Scotland

-------------------------------
Thank you so very much to all the hard-working translators! I don't think that you guys could get enough praise for what you are doing for all of us! We appreciate it.
MsLinn
I am very sorry for being late, I don't want to stress you in the last minute, but I've been working on my Thank You-fanart the whole week! You are doing a fantastic job everyone who is organazing, translating and helping! I am SO glad that I have the opportunity to participate in this!
I'll try to keep myself short. (That didn't work. Sorry. 1052 characters.)

----------------------
To Arakawa-sensei

Fullmetal Alchemist brought me so many new thing to enjoy in life. I can without a doubt say that I have never loved anything fictional more than I love Fullmetal Alchemist, and any characters more than the Elric brothers.
Not just becasue of the story, that is so clever and thought out and it makes me tear up right now, thinking about it, and how it ended. Not just the characters, who are so admirable and interesting with personal developement that we can follow! Not just the artwork which makes me groan in envy (Riza's hair in chapter 58!) and inspire me. Not just the funny parts, where I finally found my kind of humor!
FA crashed into my life when I was on my way of discovering what it mean to be a fan and to be a part of a fandom. It swept me away. Fanart, fanfiction, discussions about episodes, chapters, characters, theories, and meeting other people who are just as crazy about a thing as me! Fullmetal Alchemist was my first obesession, and I will never forget.

Thank you for being so awesome,
Linn V. (MsLinn), Sweden
--------------------
phoenixmiko
Dear Hiromu Arakawa,

Full Metal Alchemist is one of the best mangas ever created! Friends introduced me to it some years back and I was hooked. I couldn’t get enough of it and still can’t to this day. With the way the story transports you to a world so vast that it seems to transcend the very pages on which it’s drawn and teaches you about life and human nature, it's no wonder it’s touched my life. It felt like I was growing up alongside my favourite character Winry because I could empathise with her so well. I'm really glad she found happiness with Edward after so many trials and tribulations. It makes me feel like I can also look to the future and go forward toward my dreams, that I too will able to gain a Fullmetal heart along the way just as they did. To me, the story will never end because it lives on inside of all of us; in everything we do and strive for.

Thank you very much for an inspiring, incredible journey that I will never forget.

Alana Gladwish (phoenixmiko), England

The Breezy Alchemist
translation accuracy check request please smile.gif (Ack! I'm so sorry it's too long, but its been translated partway on google, maybe that'll help?)

Dear Arakawa-sensei,

I haven't been reading Fullmetal Alchemist for a long time like everyone else. This July was a year after I started reading your manga series. Since then however, I have been avidly following Fullmetal Alchemist which has been a comfort to me, even if it was only for a year. I admire your creativity and skill at drawing and if anything, I hope to draw like you can when I grow up (next to being able to use alchemy). I am glad to have came across your work while it was still in progress so I always had something to look forward to every month. Fullmetal Alchemist was inspired me, enough that I would often doodle transmutation circles and clap my hands in hope when I was too impatient to get the job done. Your character Edward Elric also inspired me, and if anything, I would want to be more like him in personality: caring and selfless. When Fullmetal Alchemist ended, I was happy about Ed and Al finally getting their bodies back (it was about time they did), but I also just realized how meaningful Fullmetal Alchemist was to me and I would never see Ed have a short tantrum, or see him use alchemy again, or see any more of the Fullmetal Alchemist universe. That it was just...done. But Fullmetal Alchemist taught me to keep moving forward and try to achieve my goals, no matter how hard they seem. Thanks for the memories Arakawa- sensei, without Fullmetal Alchemist, I would be a very different person.

Thank you very much for Fullmetal Alchemist,

Caroline Chiou (The Breezy Alchemist), USA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From Google Translate: 680 characters apparently

親愛なる荒川、先生

私は皆と同じように長い時間のために鋼の錬金術師を読むされていない。私はあなたの漫画を読み始めた後に、この7月は1年だった。それ以来、私は熱心にする私に慰めをされている鋼の錬金術師、次の場合でも、それが唯一の1年間でしたされている。私はあなたの創造性と図面でスキルと何かを賞賛、私はあなたのような描画するために望むことができるときに私は(次の成長)錬金術を使用できることに。私は喜んでそれがまだ進行中私はいつも何かを楽しみ毎月に見ていたので、あなたの仕事に出会いましたているです。鋼の錬金術師は、私に触発され十分に私はよく核変換円を落書きだろうと期待して、私も仕事を得るために焦って手をたたく。あなたのキャラクターはエドワードエルリックまた、私に影響を与えたかといえば、私は彼のような多くの人格になるようにします:思いやりと献身。時鋼の錬金術師が終わった後、私はエドとアル満足最後に自分の体に戻る(それは彼らがいないの時間でした)なっていたが、私にされた方法有意義な鋼の錬金術師と私はエドが短いかんしゃく、またはして参照してください決して私もちょうど実現彼は錬金術、再び使用したり、鋼の錬金術師宇宙の詳細を参照してくださいしてください。それはそれはただ...行われた。しかし、鋼の錬金術師私は前進し続ける方法と一生懸命に思える私の目標は、どんなに達成しようとすると教えた。鋼の錬金術師なく記憶荒川先生、のおかげで、私は非常に違う人になる。

非常に鋼の錬金術師は、ありがとう

キャロライン銃撃事件 (ブリージーの錬金術師)、アメリカ
Derkenn
Sorry to be so late, I was a little busy

I hope that I didn't make too many spelling and grammar errors

Dear Arakawa-Sensei,

This humble letter is my standing ovation for your work.

Thank you for the creation of one of the best manga of the past 10 years.
Thank you for having imagined such rich and fascinating world
Thank you for having given us so many and such endearing and elaborate characters : Greed, Scar, Buccaneer, Darius, Jelso, Heinkel, Zampano,, Maes Hugues, Roy Mustang, Lin Yao, Ran Fan, Miles, Izumi, Nina, Kimblee, to many to name them all.
Thank you for having made us happy, sad, laugh, cry, thrill, afraid, moved to tears, think during all these years
Thank you for having given us the opportunity to see two wonderful animes and their splendid soundtracks.
Thank you for this gripping and clever story
Thank you for this incredible journey
Thank you for all the memories
Thank you so much
It was an honor to read this remarkable and extraordinary story.

We will looking forward to your next manga and wish you the best for your career.

Derkenn (Maud BEAU) – France

P.S. : And Scar's name is ... ?

1004 characters from OpenOffice
Is it OK ?

Edit

Google translation

親愛なるは荒川先生、

この謙虚な手紙があなたの仕事は私のスタンディングオベーションです。

1つの過去10年間で最高の漫画の作成していただきありがとうございます。
ありがとうございますは、このような豊かな魅惑的な世界を想像して
ありがとうございますは、ので、そのような愛情のこもった手の込んだ文字の多くを:私たちを与えてギレンの傷跡、バッカニアー、ダライアス、ジェルソ、ハインケル、Zampano、メイズユーグ、ロイマスタング、林ヤオ、蘭扇風機、マイル、泉、ニーナ、Kimblee、多くのそれらをすべて名前を付けます。
ありがとうございますは私たちは、悲しい、泣く、スリル、恐れ笑う幸せ、涙に移動し、作ったのだ、これらすべての年の間に
ありがとうございますは、私たちの機会を2つの素晴らしいアニメとその素晴らしいサウンドトラックを参照してくださいに与えられること。
このグリップと巧妙なストーリーをありがとう
この信じられないほどの旅をありがとう
すべての思い出をありがとう
どうもありがとう
これは、名誉、この驚くべき、臨時の話を読んでいた。

我々は、あなたの次の漫画を探してし、あなたのキャリアの成功を祈る。

Derkenn(モードボウ) - フランス

後記:そして、スカーの名前は... ?
Rainshine
I finished! Finally.

Dear Hiromu Arakawa,

I've only been following Fullmetal Alchemist for about two years, if that even. But I've loved every bit of it; each chapter was well worth a month's wait, and never ceased to surprise me. Just when I think the plot's going one way, it goes in some other direction that I hadn't even thought of.
I love Fullmetal Alchemist, like no other work of fiction that I know of. When I first started reading, I was so entranced by the world you'd created, especially the alchemy. I think I can speak for many of your readers when I say that there's been times where I wished it was real.
I love the whole cast of characters; each one is unique, even if they just play a minor part in the story.
It's impossible for me to just choose one favorite. I love the Elric brothers, for being so strong and determined, I love Roy and Riza for their loyalty. I even love Envy, for the crazy jealous thing he is.
I know this letter won't be that different from the tons of other letters you must be getting, but I just wanted to let you know; your work means a lot to me. It's made me cry, it's made me smile until my face hurt. It's inspired me. I'm so glad that I found it before it ended, and that I get to thank you like this.

Thank you for creating such a beautiful story,
Rainshine, United States

...*runs off to put this in the translation work thread. xD*
Imaginos
Sorry this is at the last minute, got really busy and joined the board just to participate!

Dear Hiromu Arakawa

I have been a huge fan of Fullmetal Alchemist since the series came stateside. I have read the entire series as I went from High School to College and having decided to become a writer myself, your work has been a tremendous inspiration to me. I’ve always been amazed with your ability to give such depth to the cast of characters, from Ed, Roy, and Ling to supposedly ‘minor’ characters like Falman, Fu, and The Chimeras. Each character had a role to play in the story and was interesting in their own way. You are one of the funniest writers I’ve ever read, the omakes alone make me laugh out loud! I’m not sure if you’ll read this, but if you do then let me say your story, your characters and your abilities as an author have been an inspiration to all of us. I eagerly await your next project, and I hope to write as decent a story. Best wishes and hope that we can all attain a “Fullmetal Heart” much like The Elrics.

Sincerely,
Imaginos, Jacob Davison. USA

(980 Characters)
The Breezy Alchemist
It's 923 characters without spaces now. Is that better? I really want this to get to Arakawa-sensei.

Dear Arakawa-sensei,

I haven't been reading Fullmetal Alchemist for a long time like everyone else. This July was a year after I started reading your manga series. Since then however, I have been avidly following Fullmetal Alchemist which has been a comfort to me, even if it was only for a year. I admire your creativity and skill at drawing and if anything, I hope to draw like you can when I grow up (next to being able to use alchemy). Fullmetal Alchemist inspired me, and I often contemplated about what it takes to gain a fullmetal heart. When Fullmetal Alchemist ended, I was happy about Ed and Al finally getting their bodies back (it was about time they did), but I also just realized how meaningful Fullmetal Alchemist was to me and I would never see any more of the Fullmetal Alchemist universe. But Fullmetal Alchemist taught me to keep moving forward and try to achieve my goals, no matter how hard they seem. Thanks for the memories Arakawa- sensei, without Fullmetal Alchemist; I would be a very different person.

Thank you very much for Fullmetal Alchemist,
Caroline Chiou (The Breezy Alchemist), USA

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Updated translation of letter.

親愛なる荒川、先生

私は皆と同じように長い時間のために鋼の錬金術師を読むされていない。私はあなたの漫画を読み始めた後に、この7月は1年だった。それ以来、私は熱心にする私に慰めをされている鋼の錬金術師、次の場合でも、それが唯一の1年間でしたされている。私はあなたの創造性と図面でスキルと何かを賞賛、私はあなたのような描画するために望むことができるときに私は(次の成長)錬金術を使用できることに。鋼の錬金術師は私に影響を与えた、と私はしばしばそれが鋼の錬金術心を得るために必要なものについて熟考した。時鋼の錬金術師が終わった後、私はエドとアル満足最後に自分の体に戻る(それは彼らがいないの時間でした)なっていたが、私にされた方法有意義な鋼の錬金術師は、私は鋼の錬金術師宇宙の詳細を参照してください決して私もちょうど実現。しかし、鋼の錬金術師私は前進し続ける方法と一生懸命に思える私の目標は、どんなに達成しようとすると教えた。鋼の錬金術師なく記憶荒川先生、のおかげで、私は非常に違う人になる。

非常に鋼の錬金術師は、ありがとう
キャロライン銃撃事件(ブリージーの錬金術師)、アメリカ合衆国
Sariachan
Someone in the other thread told me that I could still submit a letter, I hope it isn't too late. sad.gif

Anyway, here you are (I don't care if it's translated, I just wish for it to be sent to Hiromu Arakawa):

Thank you for Hagaren, Hiromu Arakawa-sensei.

I started reading it after discovering the first TV adaptation, then I watched Brotherhood too, but even if both are really good I still prefer the manga for all the details you put in the background.

The world you created is rich and believable, and so are its characters. Their accurate characterization is one of the things that made me enjoy your manga, and I also liked the plot and the perfect balance between drama, humor and action.

Ed and Al are my favourite characters, and I also love Winry since I can relate to her (I’m an artisan). I adore Hoenheim too; he’s so cute and serious at the same time, really an excellent character and an important one not the less… after all, the story started because of him!

When I’ll have children I’ll show them your manga and I hope they’ll enjoy it as much as I did: I believe its messages are really positive, without it being moralistic, and I agree with your vision of the world.

I can’t wait to read your next work: I know that you’ll keep telling great stories, and I’ll keep supporting you.

Best wishes for your career and life,
Sariachan (Marina M.) from Italy

EDIT: thanks Valérie! I changed a phrase a little, but it isn't really important (I put "balance" instead of "mix") if it's too late for modifications. wink.gif
Ayla
Well, I hope this is not to late, I just couldn't think of what to write and never found time to post it either...but, that is my thank-you letter^^

It's rather big...I had to cut some parts out to make it a bit shorter....I'm sorry to those who have to translate. I'm very grateful to you tranlators!!!

Dear Hiromu Arakawa!

Thank you very much for Hagaren- it is an amazing story, with an amazing storyline and amazing characters. I really enjoyed it and it'll always be a fond memory. Not only that, I'll probably re-read and re-watch it multiple times.

I watched the first season in little less than a week and thought that it was one of the best anime I've ever seen. But I was wrong. The Manga and Brotherhood were even better!

My favourite character is Roy Mustang- he's just... amazing. He has that horrible past, but he is constantly trying to right his wrongdoings. He is smart, a good friend and superior and he protected Ed and Al, often at the risk of loosing some of his influence in the military. I loved how he worked with Riza and how he bickered with Ed. I loved the way he just needed to snap his fingers to create fire, the personal treatment and friendship that bound him to the others. And I liked the fact that he had flaws.
I also liked Ed, Al, Riza, Maes, Izumi, Scar, Winry, Hohenheim, Ling, RanFan, old man Fuu and Mei-chan.

What I love most about Hagaren was that the way it developed was logical and it developed in a way that I couldn't predict what would happen next. There was no unwritten rule saying that the good guys couldn't die. And the world of Hagaren is believable, as are the characters. I love and agree with your view of the world "all is one and one is all" and I loved how that tied with alchemy.

The characters have such a depth in them, so many sides, I loved the way they interacted with each other (and displayed their emotions) and that everyone had a role and was important to the story. I liked even the bad guys to some degree, simply because of their deep character. I could connect with the characters.

I'll never forgive Envy for killing Maes and for HOW he did it, but on the other hand, I feel truly sorry for him. He wanted to be a human but he was denied that wish. I pitied him for his envy. Much the same with the other Homunculi- I felt sorry for them, truly sorry. Even though on the other hand, I hated them for what they did.
There is NOT ONE SINGLE character in Hagaren to whom I haven't developed some kind of emotion other than hatred to, not even one character that did NOT surprise me at some point and not even ONE chapter or episode that didn't stir up some emotions in me.

While reading and watching Hagaren, I read dozens of fan fictions featuring my favorite characters and pairings (Roy x Riza being the most important). I just couldn't stop. And I started writing my own fan fictions to Hagaren, or...as of yet, developing fan fictions in my head. I started to enjoy drawing once more and I uploaded my first drawing on DeviantArt, which features Roy x Riza.

And I strengthened my efforts to learn japanese. This letter here was originally written in english and later translated into japanese (I feel truly sorry for the poor soul who had to tranlate this), but I'm determined to learn the language myself and to visit Japan some time.

Thank you again for Hagaren! Thank you for thinking out such an amazing story and such amazing characters!!! I'll keep supporting you!

I'm still wishing that some time, I'll be able to meet you and talk to you,
yours sincerely Lara S. (Ayla) from Germany
Valérie
ETA: Sept. 15, 2010

Hello, everyone,

So sorry for the delay in update! For one, I have been sick (caught a bad cold) for a while, and could not make any update (yes, this was besides our main translator becoming quite ill this Summer/Fall.) sad.gif
But further, our chief translator for the project, who had been on and off ill this Summer had to be hospitalized and hence was in no shape to produce any translations for a while. He is finally back, and slowly resuming the duties, and we hope to see the progress made as he gains better health. (And, we are very much committed in completing the project, but it is apparent that we do need more time to complete the project.) This has been a totally unanticipated & unfortunate turn for us also, and we are trying to coop with as best as we can, but meantime we apologize for all the delay!! So sorry!! sad.gif

-----

@Ayla: Sorry, but it is too late for the translation request. It couldn’t have been translated even if you had posted it in time because it has 3252 characters (2662 characters without spaces). We asked participants to limit to around 1000 characters.

I should normally not do this, but I will take your letter. It will be printed and send with the English letters. I’m doing this because you took your time to write something and it means a lot for you.

THE DEADLINE FOR THE TRANSLATIONS REQUESTS IS NOW OVER.

ETA: Aug. 12, 2010

Hello everyone,

We are currently still working on completing Japanese translations. It has been taking longer than we anticipated due to our chief translator catching a bad case of Summer flu and subsequent complications (is recovering now ^^) and hence we had been making slow progress for the past week or so, but expecting to finish all translations soon.
Also, we are waiting for the completion of the Arakawa Appreciation fanart contest so that all the thank-you letters along with Japanese translations, as well as qualified thank-you Arakawa fanarts will be mailed out to Japan together. Meantime, we appreciate your patience. smile.gif

ETA: Aug 1, 2010

Hello everyone,

Thank you so much for your interest in our "send thank-you letters to Arakawa" program!

This project has now finished taking the Japanese translation requests for your thank-you letters to Arakawa. The submitted letters with the translation requests are currently being translated into beautifully written Japanese letters by our volunteer translation team! biggrin.gif

Once the translations are done, our staff will automatically send your original letters along with the Japanese translations to the project mailing team, and then all the letters will be mailed together to Japan. We'll keep you updated of our progress. smile.gif

ETA: July 24, 2010
Hello everyone,

Thank you for participating in our "send thank-you letters to Arakawa" program! The project closing date is fast approaching, and some of you may be worried that you have not seen the final Japanese translations of your original English letters being added to your original request posts yet. Please rest assured that although you may not see the final Japanese translations on your original request posts yet, your original English letters are already in the translation process, and the final Japanese translations are on the way. ^^

Also, please note that, to speed up the transmission process, we have modified the process after the final Japanese translations are being added to you r original translation request post.

New procedure: Instead of your sending both your original English thank-you letter and the Japanese translations to our project email address, we will now send both your original English thank-you letter and the Japanese translations directly to our project email address.
And yes, our project team staff will make sure to send all of the posted letters, with the completed final Japanese translations, to the project email address in time for mailing of the all the letters to Japan. ^^
That means, all the works on your part is all done. ^^ Once you placed your request on this thread, please sit back, relax, and wait for the final Japanese translations to be added to your original request post, along with the note from our project staff that the both your original English thank-you letter and the Japanese translations have been sent to the project email address.

In addition, of course we'll post the final report when we mail out the package with all the participating letters to Japan.
Thank you so much again for your participation on our "Thank you letters to Arakawa" program!!

Sincerely,
Valérie (project manager)
[size="1"][/size]
Sariachan
Don't worry and just recover and try to get healthy again, and sorry for not being around last year (I explained why in the PM I sent to you).
Anyway months has passed, so you should be fine by now, or at least I hope so!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.