Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Episodes 63-64 Content Speculation (or Your Wish List) Thread - For Those Who Read FMA Manga Final Chapter
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Anime
Tombow
Caution: This thread is for those who had READ FMA MANGA chapter 108!!
If you haven't read FMA manga chapter 108, you're on the WRONG thread!! please do not proceed any further!!!

As an one-time event, for the occasion of the conclusion of FMA:Brotherhood anime series in Japan, we are opening two special discussion threads.

For those who have read FMA manga chapter 108, the final chapter of the manga series, please post your speculations and wishful thinking for the content of episode 63 - 64 here.

Warning: This thread is full of SPOILERS for FMA manga chapter 108, final chapter, and potential content spoilers for FMA:Brotherhood anime episode 63 - 64!! If you haven't read FMA manga chapter 108, please go to
"Episodes 63-64, FMA:B final episodes speculation/wishful thinking thread - For those who had NOT READ FMA MANGA Final chapter" thread.

Actual discussions start on page 2 of this thread.
Tombow
"Accidental-spoiler prevention" post
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Actual discussions start below. smile.gif
Flamez_Freak
Okay . I guess its safe to start this thread now . My first post here will question the content of last 2 episodes . I for one feel , that the battle with father will conclude in the first half of episode 63 . . Followed by an extended epilogue , explaining things , much better than the manga . And i'm expecting filler material too . .
Radadinator
I'm betting that 63 and 64 probably won't be too great with art. 64 especially. But the extra episode gives them time to flesh out the last manga chapter a little.

I hope they include things like Al's first sleep or first eat. Like the apple pie.

...that's all I want, really.

Okay, fine, some conclusion on Roy and Riza. I don't really ship anything, but I felt like the manga skimmed over their storyline, and considering that they're so important to the story, I hope that there's a bit more closure.
Flamez_Freak
63 might not be great . But 64 has the best trio of animation directors working for it . . So it has to be flawless . .
Masaru oshiru , chiyomi tsukamoto and hiroki kanno are working on episode 64 smile.gif
Gimpyhair
Since we have an extra episode and that the last one was done rather quickly, I expect some filler material, which I think could be interesting.

I have something clear in my mind:
We see everyone tending their wounds (and helping each other, cheesy stuff!): they will move their lips as if they were speaking, but we won't hear their voice, it will simply be the music (either the opening or the ending or an extra song). It could also work for the end of the epilogue: instead of seeing the photos, we see them in "real life" except for the family picture.
deet-tastic
I wouldn't mind seeing Alphonse' first sleep and eat either.
And like you said Gimpy, the thought of a sort of montage, with showing everyone talking, but music playing, is a really good idea. smile.gif

I just want my fetchin Royai. Come on BONES! You've added little royai scenes before, give us some justice.
hawkflame
Two suggestions from me, really:

1) As others have said, more Roy x Hawkeye. With these two characters as important as they were to the series, it was a bit disappointing to see that even the chimeras got more attention than they did. Some clarification on their status would be nice.

2) This only applies to the dub, but they really should get Aaron Dismuke to play older Al in the final episode. It would be perfect- Al is, what, 17, after the 2 year time skip? Certainly his voice will have matured by then.
deet-tastic
^I agree with those 509349%
That's a great idea with Alphonse. And you're right, his voice will have changed by the time he hit 17. Isn't that how old the real Aaron is right now? It'd be perfect.
shanryelric
what i want : MORE ROYAI PLEASE. 8DDD
well edwin would be really good too, and add some al may conversation or whatsoever biggrin.gif
AXavierB
That's an excellent idea! I'd love it if Aaron got to play grown!Al in the epilogue. Getting his old role back just for the finale. It's genius.

Everyone's saying there should be more Royai, but to be honest I like it better the way it was done in the manga. Their relationship is so strong and so deep that it didn't really need confirmation; we know it happened. I always saw it as an example of "show, don't tell" in that we know they love each other by their interactions, and I feel that having them come out and say it would cheapen that. It kinda reminds me of what Bradley said about how there's nothing between a king and his partner that requires last words.
deet-tastic
I wasn't exactly wanting royai royai. Just more closure for the two characters. An actual confirmation on Roy's eyesight. How Riza, Ed, Al found out Roy got back his vision. Stuff like that.
Gamer AlchemistZ
There should be more Royai, i mean come on there was only one picture of them in the manga and they were working while Ed and Winry had kids. It was two years so that means they were only 18, what the hell?!

MORE ROYAI PLEASE!!
_Jelly
QUOTE (Gamer AlchemistZ @ Jun 18 2010, 03:39 PM) *
It was two years so that means they were only 18, what the hell?!

I think the final photo montage page was more than two years later. There was the epilogue, where Ed leaves for the west and that was two years after the fight with Father. Then the image was set, I'm sure, a few years after that. Don't quote me on that though.

Anyway, I want more Royai... but... I also don't. I don't deem anything in the anime canon, more like fanservice. No wait, I take that back, I want Royai fanservice...
If they're going to spend a whole episode on the epilogue I want to see, as I wanted to see in the manga, things like Ed and Al recovering in hospital, more of Scar, whether Mei and Ling developed a friendship and I also wanted to see Ling return to Xing and present the stone.
lilmizzshmexii
i think it would be nice it they made like a little OVA of everyone after the battle
tht would make things clear for me anyway -__- it'd be cool to see wht Ed and Al found on there travels to East and West :] &+ honestly i wanna know wht hapend to Xing under Lin's control but thts just me i just dont want it to end :[ but all wonderful things must end
elesstia
QUOTE (deet-tastic @ Jun 17 2010, 06:53 AM) *
I wasn't exactly wanting royai royai. Just more closure for the two characters. An actual confirmation on Roy's eyesight. How Riza, Ed, Al found out Roy got back his vision. Stuff like that.

Yea I second that. There needs to be some closure on Roy, Riza and the team in general, Royai or no Royai. There was just too little coverage on them in the manga. They were simply kinda skimmed through in the last bits and considering the depth in which their characters & relationships have been developed over the course of manga, there is justification for more closure for their characters as well. My 2 cents... =)
deet-tastic
^ this. After getting so much in depth detail on the secondary characters, it's a shame they didn't get proper closure. So I hope brotherhood ups this.
heartwing713
I agree 1000 times about wanting more closure for Roy and Riza. I don't really want any huge Royai, though, like a big giant fanservicey scene or anything, becuase I feel like if Arakawa didn't make them explicitly canon, then brotherhood shouldn't either. But I am CRAVING a scene betweeen them at least, whether it's Riza finding out he got his sight back, or just the two of them working, or even the two of them playing with Hayate's puppies. Also...correct me if I'm wrong, but did we ever see Ed giving Winry her earrings back? I mean, those earrings got their own EYECATCH in brotherhood...and they got a gaiden in the manga. There was no mention of the 520 cenz promise either. These are all nit-picky little things, but it would be nice to see them biggrin.gif
FullTylerStarke
I would love to see Ed and Al spar one last time before they set off for the east and west, I would also love for Hughes to appear all obi wan style in the sky giving a giant thumbs up before the heavens rains down apple pies for everyone. oh and maybe Ed punching truth right in his smug smiling face. Oh yeah and havoc with ten smokin hot supermodels all firing off ammunition into wraths old house and maybe even shooting selim while they are at it. ok i think thats it lol
deet-tastic
I started laughing at the -Hughes smiling in the clouds giving thumbs up as it rains apple pies- bit.
And I think Havoc would love the 10 super models around him.
Flamez_Freak
WAT IF WE GET A RECAP EPISODE (((((((
Elle-chan
They should make the last episode one whole hour =) or into a movie
Icy12
QUOTE (Flamez_Freak @ Jun 22 2010, 04:07 AM) *
WAT IF WE GET A RECAP EPISODE (((((((

Not really liking that idea.... I rather settle for an entire episode of montages than a mere recap episode.
FailToImpress
-Clarification on Roy and Riza's status in the military, what they're upto, but most importantly, how they feel about what they're doing in Ishval.
-Al and the Apple Pie
-I'd kind of like to see Roy actually getting his sight back
-Havoc's rehabilitation
-A mention of Hughes wouldn't go amiss... don't know why I'm thinking about that.

Basically, just expanding on what we saw in the very last pages. smile.gif
zonkiethegreat
I have to say that we need more closure on the military characters, not just Roy and Riza (well ESPECIALLY THEM) but ALL OF THEM NEED IT. I loved the military characters even more then the brothers Elric.

I also hope to see a little more on Ling becoming emperor! biggrin.gif
hoprabbit
You guys have listed all I want and more. But yeah, just a LITTLE bit on Roy and Riza, even if it's not them together. Out of the hundred pages in the flubbering last chapter, those two got all of maybe ten. Where they made it ON THE PAGE, not even center-of-attention. D<

The rest of the team too!
My wishlist:
-Roy and Riza scene. Anything will do, really. Just not a picture of general Roy standing there with his dog Hawkeye. -sigh-
-Roy getting his sight back/seeing Riza for the first time after he gets it back. (Not counting as a Roy Riza scene)
"Did you always look this good, Lieutenant?" XD
-Ling presenting the stone. I want to see tears in Lan Fan's eyes, goshdarnit.
-Al's first bite of food, or first time trying Alkahestry.
-A scene of Ed changing diapers and washing dishes. "I AM....A HOUSEWIFE". Like teacher like student. ;D
-Some closure on Brosh and Maria. I know they weren't main characters, but HONESTLY. Come on. You left them at the radio station and NEVER CAME BACK. -sob-
-Havoc attempting to walk.
-Amestrians rebuilding Ishval.

And the one that definitely wont happen:
-Izumi and Seig adopting a child. -tears up-

If only one of these happen, I will be happy.
A full thing of montages is perfectly fine(Well, more fine than what it could be....), but if we get a recap episode, I will lose all faith in Hiromu Arakawa, BONES, and FMA.
Vlyse
A recap episode won't happen. There's too much dialogue in the last chapter that I'm more worried if they'll be able to fit it all even with the extra episode. If we're to guess right that episode 63 will end on page 53 (Ed/Al together going through the Gate), we still have for episode 64:

-Reunion of all characters with Al
-Radio announcement/battle aftermath
-Marcoh/Knox/Mustang
-Ling/Lanfan/May leaving
-Hohenheim's death
-Scar/Miles/Olivier
-Ed/Al returning to Risembool
-Ed on the roof
-Selim/Mrs.Bradley/Grumman
-Al/Gracia
-Al/Chimeras
-Ed/Winry proposal
-The pictures
Kasumisty
QUOTE (hoprabbit @ Jun 23 2010, 05:39 AM) *
-A scene of Ed changing diapers and washing dishes. "I AM....A HOUSEWIFE". Like teacher like student. ;D

You made me giggle, thank you.

*imaging Ed in an apron with a pose similiar to Izumi's and that line...*
Flamez_Freak
I'd rather have an extended fight sequence and more logical post battle scenes , then silly fan service like ed changin diapers . . They've already destroyed the games because of stuff like that . Hope they don't screw up brotherhood
Michiyo-
Screenshots from ep. 63 preview:
http://i50.tinypic.com/156e992.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/11ty0cw.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/v7fxb7.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/2ni3d6w.jpg

So it looks like we'll get Xerxes flashbacks again. Maybe they'll expand the Homunculus-Truth conversation with that.
Kasumisty
The video: http://www.sendspace.com/file/2st9gi

Huh, a Xerxes flashback. They may explain Father's background.

Also, Ed vs dishes
Vlyse
I hope the Xerxes flashback is something new. The shots from the preview look like they were taken from episode 40.
zonkiethegreat
Episode 63 will probably end when Ed is bringing Al back.

I just hope and pray that they add more stuff to Episode 64!!!!
Tennyo_night_elf
QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Jun 23 2010, 10:07 AM) *

I love that comic way too much..faved it.

I also agree that 63 will end at Al and Ed going back through the gate.

64 will probably just cover what is in the manga will little filler. However I do hope that instead of pictures at the end there are "clips" of the future, with more focus on Roy and Riza...and Ed vs Dishes
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.