Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thread for AlxMay Fans who had finished reading/watching FMA Manga/FMA:Brotherhood
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Character Discussions > Spoiler Zone
Tombow
This thread is for AlxMay fans who had watched/read FMA:Brotherhood anime and/or FMA manga series finals (including any of post-final Gaidens).

*On this thread, you can discuss series final content, or post the link to fanfics, etc. that contain series final spoiler content without adding <Series Final Spoiler Content Warning> sign on such post. However, if you'd like to post images that contain series final spoiler, please DO NOT POST AS IMAGES and instead post as links. Thank you! smile.gif

Note: If you have read Arakawa's comment on FMA Artbook III, please do NOT mention or discuss Hiromu Arakawa's comment in FMA Artbook III on this thread. If you'd like to talk about it, please join discussions on Thread for Royai fans who read Arakawa comment in FMA manga artbook III thread.
smile.gif

Warning!! ANYONE who had not seen FMA manga chapter 108 / FMA:Brotherhood anime eps 63-64, and do not wish to be spoiled of the contents from these series final chapter/episodes, please do not go any further on this thread.

Discussion will start on page 2 of this thread, and will be full of FMA manga chapter 108 / FMA:Brotherhood anime eps 63-64 spoilers, and possibly contain spoilers from any FMA series.
Tombow
"Accidental-spoiler prevention" post
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
The actual discussions start below. smile.gif

Now that you have read FMA manga chapter 108, the final chapter, please post your reflections/thoughts/opinions on the AlxMei pairing in the FMA manga on this thread. This of course can include your opinions and thoughts on Al and Mei scenes in the chapter 108, what is there, and/or what is not included in the concluding chapter, etc.....

We also welcome your thoughts and comments on the AlxMei relationship as a whole in the series, what it means in your opinion, and your opinions of the relationship now that you know how it stands at the end of the series, etc.

Note: This thread is created for specifically for AlxMei fans to post AlxMei related discussions upon the conclusion of FMA manga series. And therefore....
If you have comments on the ending of the series OTHER THAN AlxMei related content, please post that on FMA Manga Ending: Your Thoughts On How The Series Has Concluded thread.
Or, if you have GENERAL COMMENTS on the CONTENT of chapter 108, please post that on Chapter 108, The Final Chapter, Content Discussion Thread.
And, please AVOID any OFF-TOPIC comments and discussions on this thread.

Also please note that:
As with any and all of our FMA character discussion threads, please STAY AWAY from posting any dissing of other FMA pairings, or 'shippers of such pairings. If you happen to forget and make any such comments, please do not mind that the board staff may Delete/Edit such comments with or without any further notice. We hope to see this thread to be used for the meaningful discussions about this wonderful pairing in the series, and not the dissing and trashing of other pairings/shippers. biggrin.gif
Kaori Ayanami
So strange that I'm the first... o_0

I didn't know what to think about it when Al and Mei met, but those last chapters... man.
They went to hell and back again together, if that doesn't bring them together I don't know what will.
RoyxRizaFan
Why is there no confetti? No music? No cheering?

Guys, do you REALIZE??

IT'S CANON!!!!!!

I can't be the only one excited, right?????

I've always hoped these two would end up together, at first because I wanted Al to have someone, and then later because I truly liked their relationship - they're so adorable!!! Is anyone else excited??
Yikie
QUOTE (RoyxRizaFan @ Jun 13 2010, 02:37 PM) *
Why is there no confetti? No music? No cheering?

Guys, do you REALIZE??

IT'S CANON!!!!!!

I can't be the only one excited, right?????

I've always hoped these two would end up together, at first because I wanted Al to have someone, and then later because I truly liked their relationship - they're so adorable!!! Is anyone else excited??

I AM! I AM! They are sooo cute together!

I LOVE how their relationship began with a little crush on Mei's side on her fantasy-Alphonse-sama (for comedic value), but then gradually Mei's feelings began to grow for the *real* Al (proven by the fact that she didn't hesitate a second to hug Al after he appears in that skinny body). And besides, when you think about it, Alphonse IS the Prince Charming Mei always dreamed of... He is super handsome, intelligent AND a gentleman.

I think Al had a soft spot for Mei too during the series (remember he likes cute things x3?), but I assume they've really started to develop serious feelings for eachother after Al went to Xing and met the all-grown-up Mei <3 tongue.gif.

Ooh, just imagine the fanfic-possibilities xD!
rosieechan
You both took my words. XD

IT'S CANON! was what I was screaming after I finished reading the last chapter. ^^

I was SO happy, I'd wanted them together from the moment she fell for him, I thought it was adorable! And that scene where Winry teases Al after Mei hugs him and Al teases Winry back about Rose and Ed, I was like--major AlMei hint! And now, they're a couple, FINALLY!~ Never mind the fanfic (*imagines Al meeting Mei in Xing* or maybe not...), imagine the fanART possibilites! *fangirl*

QUOTE ("Yikie")
And besides, when you think about it, Alphonse IS the Prince Charming Mei always dreamed of... He is super handsome, intelligent AND a gentleman.

*nods* Mm-hmm, exactly. Exactly.
Forsaken Love
haha, on the last page of the chapter, i thought OMG ALMEI IS CANON! Before I saw the edwin babies xD hahahaha, Almei is in many ways my favourite pairing of the series, but I never expected it to become as canon as it did in the final chapter because compared to edwin and royai there wasn't many scenes supporting it before, but eee I was so happy! I love Al and I thought it was adorable that someone liked him, but over time I really did like the pairing and omg the ending xD I'm so happy my prediction that Al would go to Xing to study alchemy (with mei XD) actually happened haha, the fact grown up mei was in the Elric family photo just made the pairing completley canon to me XD thankyou arakawa!!!!! They look like such a good couple in that picture XD Ed's kids have the epic-est aunt and uncle XD hahaha Uncle Al and Auntie Mei has a nice ring to it dontcha think? ANYWAY SQUEEL! I looooooove this couple and im glad theres finally a thread I was wonderin why there wasnt one ;___;
rosieechan
Actually, when I saw the future photo of the Elrics, the first person I noticed was Winry and the baby in her arms...she was standing next to Al, and I freaked out for a moment there because it looked as if it was hers and Al's baby XD I was like, "OH NOOOOO! NO EDWIN OR ALMEI?!" And then of course, I got some sense knocked into me...

And you're right! Uncle Al and Auntie Mei DOES have a nice ring to it. I wish we'd get to know his experiences in Xing (I've wanted to know what Xing looked like for a really long time) and Mei...but that's what fanstuff is for, I guess. ^.^

omg! The author should make a cute little side story of them when they meet again...it would be adorable, don't you think? (I'm getting ahead of myself a little now...)

AlMei is just too adorable!

Hagaren_4ever
You guys can proooooobably tell I'm a bit of a Mei and AlxMei fan. XD I've liked their relationship since the moment she kicked his lil tin booty during the Scar fight. Haha. Okay, maybe it was when he rescued her from Gluttony. Or watched over her with Dr. Knox. I don't quite remember WHEN, but I saw this from miles away, when noone else even considered it. XD I've always liked that they have that whole "Pricess and Knight in Shining Armor" bit.

I think Al and Mei would make good parents, too! If their kid scraped their knee, Mei could do more than just kiss it better! XD but yeah, all in all, I think that is one badass family. Also, if al and Mei had kids, don't forget about Uncle Ling! And their LingFan cousins! MAN. Bad. arse.
Tennyo_night_elf
I'm really happy about 108! I honestly wanted to ship AlMei much sooner but I was a bit worried Mei might see Al different once he got his body back. But when she gave him a hug of death as soon as she saw his real body and with her huge eyes full of tears that in that second I saw the hug I fell so hard for AlMei (now my 2nd FMA OTP).

I now really want to read a fanfic of Al going to Xing and perhaps traveling with Mei. I also want to see their kids too. The Elrics have an awesome family, now with Al marrying into the Royal family of Xing ("Sweety, your Uncle is the Emperor of a whole country so he can get too busy to come to every birthday party, but look his gift is the size of a house!"). Wonder how they kids would look, gold hair and black eyes or black hair/gold eyes?

I really think the photo stamps AlMei as canon or almost completely canon (some can say otherwise). But how did they enter into a romantic relationship? Obvious they would be older, and when Al was Xing of course. (I could see Mei knowing about how Al hated being alone when he was an armor and sneak in to sleep next to him while Al would be a complete gentleman about it).
Kaori Ayanami
QUOTE (Tennyo_night_elf @ Jun 26 2010, 11:55 PM) *
Wonder how they kids would look, gold hair and black eyes or black hair/gold eyes?

The Ishvalan race makes me wonder about the truthfulness of human genetic heritage in the FMA world XD (I mean: almost albino-haired, red-eyed, dark-skinned, ALL in the same person?), but otherwise it's most probably like in the real world. If so, I think the kids will show a mix of their features, but the most prominent ones would be Xingese. Funny thing is I know a family like that: the mother is kind of blond, and the father Japanese or half Japanese (he seemed pretty Eastern Asian to me). Their kids were that way: mostly Eastern Asian-looking, but some of them had slightly paler eyes and/or hair; same with the rest of features.

Just saying that for the sake of fanfics. laugh.gif
Hagaren_4ever
^*evil grin* Fanfiction time. * pulls out pen of death*
TheDrummerWithTheAutoMail
Just then end of 108 made me go crazy in the first place. just the fact that not only Ed and Winry were married and had children, but that AlMei is freakin Canon! I always adored their relationship. I'm pretty sure it was their travels to Xing which most likely developed their relationship but that's just my opinion. Not much to be said that hasn't already been said about how adorable this pairing is.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.