Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chapter 108, The Final Chapter "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga > FMA Manga Spoiler Zone
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Animeoldtimer
I'm surprised there is nothing about Royai yet too. I would think if you're revealing spoilers, Roy and Riza's scenes would have been included. But perhaps not. I still don't know who determines what pages to spoil and what ones to wait to post.
AzzieMusical
@Tombow: Sorry, totally got carried away there! As for the quote pyramid, I just got excited to find another AlMei fan. biggrin.gif And yay for another!

@Cece: It's not so much the age gap, it was her actual age. Though now I think about it, the proposal happened two years after, and the oldest kid looks around three at the least.. so she would be maybe in her late teens?
Cece
Sorry Tombow
paca
I feel as if the last page is meant to show us things that were not said in the previous pages... Analizing the pages critically. For example up to now we know that Roy is in the East because Ed's words and Grumman words, and teh in the photo we see him in the actual east... not only that but that photo seams to be teher just to show how many stars does he have -just one rank under Grumman- tell me in how many pages we can clearly count characters stars? so that linked whit Grummans words give us the idea that eh is just waiting for Grummans death! to retire tongue.gif well all this was just an example...also Ed is gone in the last page, and Winry waits for those two to settle down, when ? we don't know, but we get a photo that tell us that it wasn't 15, 20 or 30 years later! xD....
one thing bugs me about the last page that won't be explained with future pics/pages:
Havock can't be in rehab like 9 years later (it can be hard or long but there he is just starting... and 9 years later time would be the one who kills his legs not Lust)=_=... I mean that shot must be closer to the 2 year's gap... also Ling doesn't look older -not at all- that seams to be more here than there.... maybe is Arakawas style or choice to change only the design of the main characters... (pss, look at Fuery he isn't older!)... but I am not sure at all, for now I think that all are 2 years later photos and they we get the family one to now that the Elric brothers once come back <3<3

conserning promises
I was thinking that all the promise were being left behind, pie, arakawa saying about the e.exchange would be broken (so cute, it's love the one you give an you exchange nothing for it <3<3<3 said by Ed himself in another way xD), Winry ctears of happiness ..balbla... but with the translations (<3 thanks tombow) now I am expecting more things to pop up...like the 520 cts. promise <3 Arakawa doesn't talk in vain!!

have you seen that GanGan is/will be uploading every week in the special section?? now the first was the advertisment of last chapter aired on tv :/
gangan site

Some web pages thata are in spanish always expeculate with the raw >_> don't trust them xD hahah
Hagaren_4ever
QUOTE (AzzieMusical @ Jun 8 2010, 03:34 PM) *
@Tombow: Sorry, totally got carried away there! As for the quote pyramid, I just got excited to find another AlMei fan. biggrin.gif And yay for another!

@Cece: It's not so much the age gap, it was her actual age. Though now I think about it, the proposal happened two years after, and the oldest kid looks around three at the least.. so she would be maybe in her late teens?

Haha, I shipped AlxMei before her first fantasy of him! (Probably because I thought it wasn't fair that Ed got all the love. xD ) I'd say it was a sweet little moment when she was the first to have a reaction to Al's body. She still likes him after meeting him! I didn't expect any different! biggrin.gif (Some people did.) But yeah, I want to know a little more about it too, cause the last we see of her is Ling hauling her back to Xing. What happened there?
Hagaren_4ever
QUOTE (AzzieMusical @ Jun 8 2010, 03:34 PM) *

I'd say may is 13-14 now. I wouldn't say she's 12. (The theory of a lot of people.) I've met people who are older than that who are just simply very small. Haha, I shipped AlxMei before her first fantasy of him! (Probably because I thought it wasn't fair that Ed got all the love. xD ) I'd say it was a sweet little moment when she was the first to have a reaction to Al's body. She still likes him after meeting him! I didn't expect any different! biggrin.gif (Some people did.) But yeah, I want to know a little more about it too, cause the last we see of her is Ling hauling her back to Xing. What happened there?
mersaydee
I love that it looks like Ling and Mei might actually have a brother-sister relationship - oddly enough, I think this is only the second set of scenes they've had together in the whole series! So it's kind of adorable to see him just snatching her up under his arm like that. wink.gif I always hoped they'd eventually turn their relationship more towards siblings and away from rivals.

However - add my voice to those disturbed by the distinct lack of Roy/Riza information! I find it troubling - I mean, there's no way that Arakawa would spend that much time on Roy (seriously, some entire chapters were devoted to him) without giving him proper "airtime" in the finale, right? I'm curious as to why these pages are some of the last to be uploaded...
spectator
^I have faith in Arakawa sensei, that she will not leave us craving for Royai for the rest of our lives. Be patient, my friend!
BirdieNumNum
As anxious as I am to see more Roy and Riza this chapter, I'm also curious about Izumi. She hasn't appeared much in the spoilers either. I really want to know whether she was able to regain what she lost from the Truth. I'm assuming she does, since everyone else seems to, but I'd like to see some confirmation.
Gukumatz
"I assuming she does, since everyone else seems to"

Not necessarily, they don't. Ed only regained the arm he lost for Al's transmutation, but he still never got back the left leg he lost from the original human transmutation.

I would like to see what happens to Izumi, too, though.

I have this fic idea (that I will never write, so feel free to claim, anyone) of Ed visiting Izumi with his first child and dropping him on her lap saying something like, "Here's your grandson."
zonkiethegreat
Hey everyone! I have posted a full translation of the last 8 pages. You can see the translation (from Spanish to English):
http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...st&p=734143
angelstar2408
I'm still down. I don't know if I should keep my hopes up or just give up. I mean isn't it odd we haven't seen any Royai spoilers?! (Unless someone is hiding them) It's like they all of a sudden evaporated.

I really think the ending blew off the momentum the manga had... It's not as err.... "epic" as I expected it to be. I hope I'm not right about Royai evaporating just like that. I really want to be satisfied for the sake of my respect for Arakawa. sad.gif
_Jelly
It also looks like the sudden burst of pages we had has stopped... D: I wonder when more will pop up.

And I agree about the end. I was also wondering... If Ed gave up his alchemy to bring back Al... why didnt he just do that earlier? I mean, yeah, he'd need his alchemy to fight Father but was it ALWAYS an option...?
BirdieNumNum
QUOTE (_Jelly @ Jun 9 2010, 02:59 PM) *
It also looks like the sudden burst of pages we had has stopped... D: I wonder when more will pop up.

Yeah, it looks like we're going to have to wait for the raw to come out before we get the rest of the pages.

Gukumatz
For some reason the "Add Reply" window doesn't work for me*, so I have to make do with "Fast Reply."

@_Jelly: Regarding alchemy, we don't know if Ed lost the ability to do all alchemy. I think he just can't do the clappy alchemy since he received it in the same transmutation in which he originally lost Alphonse. He probably never knew that he could reverse the exchange completely.

I hope we get a HQ and clean raw! Anything scanned would be nice, though. I have been searching for the raw and I'm annoyed that a lot of people are making posts with the words "raw scans" when they're just cam raws. Camera =/= scanner.

*I'm using Firefox 3.6.3. The problem is that I can't get the text box to act like a text box. I click and click and the text cursor never appears. I can highlight text, but I can't copy/paste/delete/type, either by right-clicking or with the keyboard. It's weird.
BirdieNumNum
QUOTE (angelstar2408 @ Jun 9 2010, 02:53 PM) *
I'm still down. I don't know if I should keep my hopes up or just give up. I mean isn't it odd we haven't seen any Royai spoilers?! (Unless someone is hiding them) It's like they all of a sudden evaporated.

I really think the ending blew off the momentum the manga had... It's not as err.... "epic" as I expected it to be. I hope I'm not right about Royai evaporating just like that. I really want to be satisfied for the sake of my respect for Arakawa. sad.gif

There's still plenty of pages we haven't seen, so don't give up hope yet. Personally I've been very satisfied with what we've seen so far, apart from the lack of Roy and Riza, but hopefully that will be rectified when the whole chapter is released.

QUOTE (Gukumatz @ Jun 9 2010, 03:21 PM) *
I hope we get a HQ and clean raw! Anything scanned would be nice, though. I have been searching for the raw and I'm annoying that a lot of people are making posts with the words "raw scans" when they're just cam raws. Camera =/= scanner.

I've seen sites saying they have the raw out, only for it to turn out to be the preview pics we already have, not the whole chapter. dry.gif It's annoying to say the least.
_Jelly
QUOTE (Gukumatz @ Jun 9 2010, 03:51 PM) *
@_Jelly: Regarding alchemy, we don't know if Ed lost the ability to do all alchemy. I think he just can't do the clappy alchemy since he received it in the same transmutation in which he originally lost Alphonse. He probably never knew that he could reverse the exchange completely.

Aaah you may be right, I didnt actually think of that. Hopefully it was something he became aware of only now ... otherwise this whole process would of seemed pointless tongue.gif

And sorry, dont know how to help you with your text box problem =\
Kaiko
Regarding the newly added cam-scan page....

QUOTE (_Jelly @ Jun 9 2010, 03:37 AM) *
He's defs not blind I reckon and the original poster seems rather excited about this smile.gif

The poster's comment right under the picture literally says "Colonel's eyes are black colored!" XDDDD I can't read the rest of the Chinese though, sorry ):

I think the fact that his eyes look normal again is a very VERY good sign though!
essa
Baah, I just had to come here to say something too! I'm currently with a lot of work for my final project delayed but still I had to come here and see it for myself. I just can't wipe off the "ed grin" off my face xD I'm sure that people who look at me might think I'm crazy or that I just met a guy and I'm in love xD
And being a EdWin fan as I am............ there are just no words that can describe how I feel and how grateful I am for accidently stumble into a fma manga. I loved the way it ended though I don't think that's actually a proposal. At least I didn't see it that way the first time I saw it. I saw it has a confession of his feelings but at the same time the way they talk to each other seems diferent as well, almost like there's already something going on. So yeah, I've got no conclusion in that xD
Either way, Royai fans don't lose your hope! I'm sure Arakawa left you something to hold on too as well!

And now I'm going back to work with the same smile on my face ^^ no matter how much it saddens me that it ended, I can't help but to feel happy ^^
iAmjelly
QUOTE (Kaiko @ Jun 9 2010, 09:01 PM) *
QUOTE (_Jelly @ Jun 9 2010, 03:37 AM) *
He's defs not blind I reckon and the original poster seems rather excited about this smile.gif

The poster's comment right under the picture literally says "Colonel's eyes are black colored!" XDDDD I can't read the rest of the Chinese though, sorry ):

Totally delurking just to say that Google Translator told me that the rest of it says something about the Lieutenant's array, although the fail!translation (thanks a lot, Google dry.gif ) doesn't make it very clear if this is actually from the manga or just someone else's opinion.

*crosses fingers and hopes its actually from the manga*
_Jelly
Speaking of the array, it better get a mention... I mean, I washoping they'd speak of it during the fight but if they dont, they better at SOME point during this chapter.

Plus, I've noticed that in the manga or in any image Arakawa draws Riza in, her back and neck is always covered, I guess to hide her tattoo... but in one of the panels where she's in hospital, she's only wearing a bra gigglesnort... OPPORTUNITY GET? Reword. A good opportunity to talk of her array.
Tombow
@Kaiko and iAmjelly - Regarding Roy:

Yes. He will get his sights back. The pages with him and Marcoh will explain. smile.gif

-----

<Program Note>

QUOTE (Gukumatz @ Jun 9 2010, 01:51 AM) *
For some reason the "Add Reply" window doesn't work for me*, so I have to make do with "Fast Reply."

*I'm using Firefox 3.6.3. The problem is that I can't get the text box to act like a text box. I click and click and the text cursor never appears. I can highlight text, but I can't copy/paste/delete/type, either by right-clicking or with the keyboard. It's weird.

@Gukumatz, and anyone being affected with this problem - Yes, this is a known compatibility problem between this particular version of forum software and FireFox var 3.6.3. I sent in the word for the patch to get this problem fixed while ago, but so far the fix is taking a long time coming, possibly because the forum platform software we're using currently is by now the older version, and the software company seems to prefer us to switch to the newer version, which, it seems, still got some bugs to be worked out??? Meantime, if any of you still happen to have any older version of FireFox on your computer, the forum would work fine with the older version of FireFox, or if you have some other Web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Opera, Safari, Google Chrome, etc., could you try using those? They seem to work fine, as I'm writing this in Full Edit mode with Opera, or please keep using Quick Reply when on FireFox 3.6.3 till we're able to get this problem fixed.
Anyway, so sorry for the inconveniences!! sad.gif
iAmjelly
I hope so. I dunno how spoilery this is but spoiler tags just in case: There's also two pages - I don't know which they are, but they are consecutive - where there's a panel of Riza getting treated etc, and there's a close up of her saying something and then it cuts to Roy who looks way tired. Maybe she said something there about it considering it is Roy's array? confused.gif
BirdieNumNum
QUOTE (shanryelric @ Jun 9 2010, 09:50 PM) *
bahahaha, yeah, but I dont mind. it's cute and something that I wanted for so long so I delighted by it biggrin.gif wawawa OwO
well I guess ROYAI will also get MORE pagetime. still 70 more pages left!! before the edwin there must be the royai (i think -__-'') let's just wait biggrin.gif

70 pages? More like 30-something. Which is still a fair bit of the chapter missing.
Seeker of Truth
Unless there is more to the Ed vs Father fight (there is a page missing there currently, may not be part of story), I do not think there are any other missing pages as of when I write this (could very well be wrong as there might be 2 page full spreads missing that have no obvious place in what we have now) because the other thread has links to all the one we knew were missing. Whatever pages that are needed to fill out the 27th volume will most likely be omakes & any maybe a few short stories like Simple People. I am sure the nice Cow Lady needs some room to put some final thoughts/thanks/whatever too.

On Roy: Without being able to read Japanese, I can think of a few ways for Roy to get his sight back. He returns his "Truth" or he does like Ed and destroys his "Door".
allykatty1
QUOTE (essa @ Jun 9 2010, 03:52 AM) *
I just can't wipe off the "ed grin" off my face xD I'm sure that people who look at me might think I'm crazy or that I just met a guy and I'm in love xD
And being a EdWin fan as I am............ there are just no words that can describe how I feel and how grateful I am for accidently stumble into a fma manga. I loved the way it ended though I don't think that's actually a proposal. At least I didn't see it that way the first time I saw it. well!

Lol, I've been thinking the exact same thing (about people thinking I must have met a guy or something)!! XD I've had a big goofy grin plastered on my face for a solid 48 hours and I don't think it's going anywhere anytime soon. Really, I don't think I could be much happier than if _I_ were the one being proposed to, hahaha! Although after having thought about it for a bit, it does seem more like a "promise to propose" than an actual proposal. I mean, his Ed-like manner aside, I'm sure Winry would still like to hear the words "Marry me," not to mention that he hasn't given her a ring yet. Maybe we can assume there will be a more formal proposal when Ed gets back from the West...? happy.gif Heheh.

Yeah, for a lot of people this is an emotional thing in a way that many people wouldn't understand. For people that aren't really big fans of this series we probably seem like the biggest nerds on the planet, but I don't care. XD I've followed FMA for years now, I remember the day my sister showed me the first episode dub on our DVR, and at the end of the episode I said, "I don't know, it seems a little weird for me."

Indeed, I'm sure my roommates and friends on Facebook all think I'm having some sort of mental breakdown. XD How can I get so emotional over a fictional story, and a "cartoon" at that (or so they think)? And it's hard to get someone anti-"cartoon" to see the light, because even I admit I wasn't enthralled with the first episode I ever saw (Cornello... meh) and it wasn't until I saw later eps that I started to love it and then when I read the manga that I became obsessed. I still hope for a well-done live action version someday, so that the wider public doesn't miss out on such an incredible story (I rank it with Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings as the best fantasy I've ever seen/read).

Where should we be putting discussions on how FMA touched our lives anyway? The end of series thread, lol? XD

Hmm, another little thought I had: not to be TOO greedy, but does anyone else kind of wish the photo montage "future" page had been done in color? I want to know what color hair the kids have (gold or lighter blond?)... and also some indicator of whether the younger one is a boy or a girl (like pink or blue clothes, I dunno, something). happy.gif
Seeker of Truth
QUOTE (allykatty1 @ Jun 9 2010, 07:13 AM) *
Hmm, another little thought I had: not to be TOO greedy, but does anyone else kind of wish the photo montage "future" page had been done in color? I want to know what color hair the kids have (gold or lighter blond?)... and also some indicator of whether the younger one is a boy or a girl (like pink or blue clothes, I dunno, something). happy.gif
You are asking the wrong question, just who is the father of that child? Look at the hair, it must be Alex! laugh.gif
Tombow
QUOTE (allykatty1 @ Jun 9 2010, 10:13 AM) *
Where should we be putting discussions on how FMA touched our lives anyway? The end of series thread, lol? XD

Thread is already made and waiting to be opened. ^^ I'm going to get that one opened now. smile.gif

ETA: Here it is: Your reflections/thoughts on FMA Manga series concluding

<Program Note>
Moved some of the posts that are NOT about the chapter 108 content discussions but mostly thoughts/reflections on FMA manga series being concluded to Your Reflections/thoughts On The FMA Manga Series Concluding thread. If your post got moved, please don;t mind, and feel free to re-edit your post there to suite the post's new location. ^^

If your post is consisting comments NOT about the chapter 108 content discussions but mostly thoughts/reflections on FMA manga series being concluded, then please use Your Reflections/thoughts On The FMA Manga Series Concluding thread to express your thoughts.

Thank you!! smile.gif
zonkiethegreat
Just went through Hilary's album! Very nice! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Now, I can't wait for the translations!

However, Royai fans may be disappointed... There was more Royai moments in the end of the first FMA anime.
Michiyo-
So, I've just seen the full chapter, and I'm very disappionted. Seriously, NO ROYAI? T_T I had my faith in Arakawa, I thought that we'll see a closure to Roy and Riza as well. And we get nothing? Even the chimeras got more pages than Roy! I can't believe it...
Not to mention the 520 cenz promise. It seems Arakawa just forgot about that. Until now I believed that Roy will be the Führer at the end of the story because of that promise he made with Ed.
Okay, that's all I wanted to say now. My only hope is that we'll get some extra scenes with Roy and Riza in the anime.
BirdieNumNum
So that's it then.

Hard to believe it's all over. It's going to feel weird not having a new chapter to look forward to every month.

So it turns out there wasn't any more things we hadn't seen yet in the extra pages, they were just extensions on spoilers we'd already seen. Not that that mattered, because I was content with how things wrapped up.

With the exception of one thing. It turns out my fears over the lack of Royai in the spoilers were justified. At least they are still together at the end, I suppose, but still, I was hoping for a little more than that. Disappointed would be an understatement.

Will post more thoughts on the chapter once it's had time to sink in a bit more.

A huge thank you to hilary for kindly getting the scans to us so promptly. biggrin.gif
poopatroopa
QUOTE (zonkiethegreat @ Jun 9 2010, 10:40 AM) *
However, Royai fans may be disappointed... There was more Royai moments in the end of the first FMA anime.

Wasted development imo. You had all that build up (Isval flash backs, "the call", all that crap that went on during the final battle), and leave it really open at the end. Doesn't even explain the "short hair". I understand they aren't the "main" characters, but next to Al and Ed, they had the deepest character relationship, and just leaving it up in the air like that at the end was just a waste. I know that there are too many loose ends to tie up, but this was pretty big one. I wasn't expecting much, just a little closure, but there was pretty much nothing. A little biased since they are my favorite characters. Here's hoping that the anime will remedy this.
zonkiethegreat
QUOTE (Michiyo- @ Jun 9 2010, 12:46 PM) *
So, I've just seen the full chapter, and I'm very disappionted. Seriously, NO ROYAI? T_T I had my faith in Arakawa, I thought that we'll see a closure to Roy and Riza as well. And we get nothing? Even the chimeras got more pages than Roy! I can't believe it...
Not to mention the 520 cenz promise. It seems Arakawa just forgot about that. Until now I believed that Roy will be the Führer at the end of the story because of that promise he made with Ed.
Okay, that's all I wanted to say now. My only hope is that we'll get some extra scenes with Roy and Riza in the anime.

I'm not really a Royai fan, yet I'm also a bit disappointed. I know that Ed and Al are the MAIN charcters, but Roy and his military staff were a fundamental part of the story. I feel like that got a bit brushed over.....I wish there was just a tad more about Roy, Riza, and his subordinates...oh well....sad.gif
tigerchic121
Yeah the fact that Arakawa didn't include Royai OR Roy becoming Fuhrer is strange to me. And disappointing. And I'm not even that big of a Royai shipper! But I do have a soft spot for the two of them still.

I guess I'll just have to be happy that it's implied I guess, that Roy will be the next Fuhrer after Grumman.
GospelOak
Thank you VERY VERY much for the raw, Hilary !!!

But... Where are the Royai moments we were all waiting for !? No epilogue that shows Roy and Riza together ?!? I'm disappointed, aren't you ?
black~hayate
Yes I am VERY dissapointed.
Speechless...
Could really spend the time waiting for something else but the raw -.-

And thx, Hilary for the raw! You helped us very much! No one was faster than you biggrin.gif
Trakonda
So.. that's it? It's funny, I thought the missing pages would've given some new information, but alas, it seems they were all just filling gaps from the pages we already saw.

Nevermind. I'm still really happy how the series concluded smile.gif the page where Ed was flashbacking to the time when he lost Al for the first time.. Aww, that was kinda cute and sad. :< Just seeing Al's lifeless armor just laying there must have been quite a shock. Thank goodness it all ended up well. Getting Al's body back was one of the most important things in FMA, I would've been really disappointed if that didn't happen.

It's still a bit hard to say about everything else really, since we don't have full translation of these pages. Hoping to see one soon! Thanks again Hilary, you're the best! biggrin.gif

But I bet RoyAi fans are disappointed.. I was really surprised that there was next to none of that. But hey, we still haven't seen the translations of Roy/Riza pages! Who knows, there may be small hints still there wink.gif
Chiyo
QUOTE (essa @ Jun 9 2010, 12:52 PM) *
though I don't think that's actually a proposal.!

I think perhaps this may have some background meaning. Like it isn't directly "will you marry me" but rather "we belong to each other forever". Plus you see Ed has a wedding ring in the future pictures so we know they do eventually get married

Hilary, you are my hero today.
tigerchic121
QUOTE (Trakonda @ Jun 9 2010, 12:00 PM) *
It's still a bit hard to say about everything else really, since we don't have full translation of these pages. Hoping to see one soon! Thanks again Hilary, you're the best! biggrin.gif

But I bet RoyAi fans are disappointed.. I was really surprised that there was next to none of that. But hey, we still haven't seen the translations of Roy/Riza pages! Who knows, there may be small hints still there wink.gif

Yeah that's what I'm hoping for. I mean those little hints and interactions are what always constituted Royai, at least to me. All the things left unsaid I guess. Plus as disappointed as I am about the lack of Roy as Fuhrer my disappointment is slightly lessening as I digest everything. Because again as pointed out before his rank is just below Fuhrer right? And Grumman is Fuhrer. I'm sure as soon as Roy marries his granddaughter everything will work itself out haha.
Kasumi_lvgd
Maybe it's because I'm not really attached to Roy, but I LOVED the chapter. It managed to give a little bit of time to everything, and heh, I also feel it lacks a little of Ling/Ran Fan xD I'm hoping the translation will give more hints to all of this!
poopatroopa
QUOTE (tigerchic121 @ Jun 9 2010, 11:11 AM) *
QUOTE (Trakonda @ Jun 9 2010, 12:00 PM) *

Yeah that's what I'm hoping for. I mean those little hints and interactions are what always constituted Royai, at least to me. All the things left unsaid I guess. Plus as disappointed as I am about the lack of Roy as Fuhrer my disappointment is slightly lessening as I digest everything. Because again as pointed out before his rank is just below Fuhrer right? And Grumman is Fuhrer. I'm sure as soon as Roy marries his granddaughter everything will work itself out haha.

Except there really was no interaction. For the most part, it was just Roy talking to Marco and Riza on the hospital bed talking to Rebbecca.
rzerox21xx
So far, volume 26 will have 104-106 and 27- 107-108. Maybe Arakawa will put something extra for us on the takabon or hell, she might make some gaidens or short stories that will explore more on the gaps on the characters. Royaish stuff, more futhure on the future. That's what I'm hoping. They might released another FMA profile book that will explore the rest of the series along with a little chapter like every other one had.

Here's hoping Arakawa will do this, alright guys? This is somethign I notice in most mangas, the final chapter on the serialization is not necessary the final product. I seen extra stuff added for the final takobon or something else on the gaiden books.
BirdieNumNum
QUOTE (rzerox21xx @ Jun 10 2010, 03:00 AM) *
So far, volume 26 will have 104-106 and 27- 107-108. Maybe Arakawa will put something extra for us on the takabon or hell, she might make some gaidens or short stories that will explore more on the gaps on the characters. Royaish stuff, more futhure on the future. That's what I'm hoping. They might released another FMA profile book that will explore the rest of the series along with a little chapter like every other one had.

Here's hoping Arakawa will do this, alright guys? This is somethign I notice in most mangas, the final chapter on the serialization is not necessary the final product. I seen extra stuff added for the final takobon or something else on the gaiden books.

I hope so. We didn't get much for Roy, Riza and Royai at all. sad.gif Ling and Ran Fan were virtually ignored too. I hope we do get some gaidens that fill in the gaps for characters that Arakawa didn't have time to focus on much in this chapter.
NightMistress
Pretty disappointed in no real closure for Royai, Roy, or Riza, but I really didn't have my hopes up after so many pages came out with zilch (because I'd imagine we'd see the most important pages first). Good thing this isn't 2004-2005 when I was obsessed with this series because I'd be extremely pissed as a Roy/Royai/Riza fan. I am wondering if Arakawa believes that this genuinely is supposed to be satisfying for the fans of those characters. I hope it's addressed in some interview at some point with her from the fans lol. Maybe there's a gaiden or something in the works, but I wouldn't hold my breath on it. Royai is discreet, yes, but they could have privately talked in order to suggest more, or even less for us viewers.

Otherwise everything else is good for me.
black~hayate
QUOTE (rzerox21xx @ Jun 9 2010, 07:30 PM) *

Remember Hellsing. The guy who did it, put the last chapter in and that's it. And it came out once a month, too. And it had forums talk about it, just like ours.
And then nothing came out xD No gaidens and nothing else.
I could be pessimistic our I could be realistic.
poopatroopa
QUOTE (rzerox21xx @ Jun 9 2010, 11:30 AM) *
Maybe Arakawa will put something extra for us on the takabon or hell, she

Except that's just taking the cheap way out. The "end" of the story is supposed to be the end. Where everything (all the development, growth, blah blah blah) comes to bear fruit. Given that Roy/Riza were given a decent amount of development and growth (both interpersonal and individual though more of the former), there should be something big for them at the end. Not as big as Al and Ed's moments given that they showed the most growth and development over the series, but something. This is one reason I'm pretty unhappy with the final chapter.
NightMistress
QUOTE (black~hayate @ Jun 9 2010, 01:37 PM) *
Remember Hellsing. The guy who did it, put the last chapter in and that's it. And it came out once a month, too. And it had forums talk about it, just like ours.

I think you're realistic, personally. It's gotta be officially said.
BirdieNumNum
QUOTE (black~hayate @ Jun 10 2010, 03:07 AM) *

I'd go with realistic.

Maybe the anime will give us some additional scenes and that's why they extended it to 64 episodes. I'm not going to hold my breath, but it's something to hope for I suppose.
poopatroopa
QUOTE (BirdieNumNum @ Jun 9 2010, 11:47 AM) *
QUOTE (black~hayate @ Jun 10 2010, 03:07 AM) *

I'd go with realistic.

Maybe the anime will give us some additional scenes and that's why they extended it to 64 episodes. I'm not going to hold my breath, but it's something to hope for I suppose.

One can only hope. Given that the studio hinted at their relationship a lot more than the manga, there's some light. But again, there's only so much time in one episode, and the ending was long.
NightMistress
QUOTE (poopatroopa @ Jun 9 2010, 01:52 PM) *
One can only hope. Given that the studio hinted at their relationship a lot more than the manga, there's some light. But again, there's only so much time in one episode, and the ending was long.

From what I've seen they don't really stray too far from what the manga has though. It's just incorporated with it. So if there's nothing here (which there isn't), I don't think there'll be anything there. Not to mention, I don't consider anime changes true canon, so I wouldn't be satisfied.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.