Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chapter 108, The Final Chapter "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga > FMA Manga Spoiler Zone
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
mersaydee
I think the pages might have already been taken down, but... has anyone seen anything about Roy yet?
Heiddles
I need to find out about Roy! Waaah! Looks like it's gonna be a long night, goodbye exam revision! Although I saw three pictures with Dr. Marcoh holding a philosophers stone with Roy.....possibly giving him his eyesight back!?
shanryelric
I cried. nuff said. oh, I lose the bet ; A ;
the pairings are NOT LAME AT ALL. that is what I think. appreciate it a bit, atleast. the ending is also NOT LAME. AT ALL.
Qashqai
QUOTE (Winry Rockbell~ @ Jun 7 2010, 03:05 PM) *
Oooh, some people are being a little sour, aren't they? That's the magic of Hiromu for you- she can fit romance into a shounen story without it ruining the plot. I guess you guys are just gonna have to deal with it, aren't you? Nothing you say is gonna change anything. If you don't appreciate it, go read a different manga.

I don't care for pairings, don't judge all people with your own measure. I'm being sour and I don't like the end because of too much happiness for it to be kind of realistic like the whole manga was. Don't feel offended, anyone, but I kinda think that this kind of ending is liked only by those who likes the pairings or get too attached to characters. Most of readers, I guess, heh. The plot was something what kept me with this manga, so I didn't like how many things which characters did in the past just went without any effects to make the ending happeh.
Anyway, I think romance didn't exactly ruin the plot, but I didn't like how it was played off, mostly. I think it was the weakest part of the manga (though the timeskip kinda makes it up - lets say the decent development took place in this timeskip). And I like romances, really. I lately watched Last Exile, there romance was played off perfectly.
Tombow
If anyone finds more preview pages, raw, translations, etc., please post on Chapter 108, the final chapter information thread, and NOT on this thread, please. smile.gif

I made the other duplicate "chapter 108 spoiler page" thread Mod-review only (it's not deleted but it's full of off-topic comments and discussions also so that eventually when we get time we can move those off-topic discussions to appropriate threads) and we are currently moving the info that's scattered around on that thread to Chapter 108, the final chapter information thread thread so that all the pertinent info will be gathered on the first post of that thread, and also moving off-topic comments on these threads to other appropriate forums/threads, etc., etc. smile.gif

Please post all your comments and opinions, etc. for chapter 108 on this thread here. ^^ But, please STOP making spam posts with off-topic comments, and also, please stop making quote pyramids (quote in quote in quote in quote in quote...) Thank you!! ^^
_Jelly
Ouch. Personal opinions, guys. They're allowed.

@Qashqai
I dont think what Arakawa has done with the pairings (or right now pairing, since EdWin is the only one that's looking official at the moment...) wasnt uncalled for or for fanservice or anything. It's canon and it has been for ages, and I'm sure even you could have seen that coming. But of course people who like the pairing are going to like the ending, and those who dont like the pairing, wont. I do agree that romance was the weakest part of the manga but that doesnt mean that none of the characters can have any elements of romance in their life because of that... Just because it's a shounen action manga doesnt mean everyone's going to end up alone. tongue.gif Anyway, we've only gotten like 2 pages of prologue.

(Does this count as spam? I'm not sure... eh, going to bed. Hopefully there's new stuff tomorrow.)
Turdaewen
Well, you can't never please all people. XD

I liked it. ^^ A LOT.

And I agree that the parings were not fanservice at all. They have always been important in FMA and it would be senseless to just 'woosh' them off!

And I really do think it's silly to not to liket the ending "only because its happy". I mean, do people expect them to just suffer and be miserable? I get the whole "I don't like clichés" thing and I agree, because I don't like it either, but happy is not ALWAYS cliché. Nowdays, having weird endings in anime is even more cliché than happy ones... lol

So, for me, it sorta depends on how the story is build... and Arawaka seems to have it pretty figured out in a very logic, interesting way, so I'm content.
Qashqai
QUOTE (_Jelly @ Jun 7 2010, 03:34 PM) *
I dont think what Arakawa has done with the pairings (or right now pairing, since EdWin is the only one that's looking official at the moment...) wasnt uncalled for or for fanservice or anything. It's canon and it has been for ages, and I'm sure even you could have seen that coming. But of course people who like the pairing are going to like the ending, and those who dont like the pairing, wont. I do agree that romance was the weakest part of the manga but that doesnt mean that none of the characters can have any elements of romance in their life because of that... Just because it's a shounen action manga doesnt mean everyone's going to end up alone. tongue.gif Anyway, we've only gotten like 2 pages of prologue.

(Does this count as spam? I'm not sure... eh, going to bed. Hopefully there's new stuff tomorrow.)

Yes, I could see that coming and I am allright with that, because - like I said - I don't care for pairings (I ship lolcracks which I wouldn't ever want to see in the end because that'd be too much of an absurd '|D). I just think that romance wasn't played off well. It could be played off way better, but it's not what makes me not like the ending, okay? ;_; as someone implied this, I couldn't resist to write something (and I was misunderstood a little, it seems :<)
Tombow
<Reminder>

@_Jelly, and others who have been making off-topic comments on this thread - Of course all your guys' comments and personal opinions are valued, but if everyone start making off topic postings and/or keep making off-topic comments with their personal opinions on the posts, and then others replying to it and so on, that would make this thread very un-focused, and we'd like to keep this thread about "chapter 108 related discussions" so that when readers/posters come to this thread they don't have to wade through off-topic comments & personal opinions to read REAL chapter 108 content discussions. Therefore, could you guys please kindly curve postings of your off-topic comments and personal opinions on non-chapter 108 related content matters on this thread, and use other appropriate means to express those, such as posting those elsewhere on appropriate threads/forums, or using PM, etc.? Thank you. smile.gif

And about "pairing" and "ending" discussions.... do you guys already know the whole chapter? unsure.gif If so please post the info on the "Chapter 108 info" thread, please.. I'm still going through that thread (and the other duplicate "chapter 108 preview pages" thread that's currently Mod-review only) and gathering all the info to be organized and reposted on the first post of that thread. ^^
...anyway, in case you guys somehow read the whole chapter and know how the series ends, I'm going to open the "ending discussion" thread now, so that you can post and discuss about the series ending there.
smile.gif
B.K.
I wonder how many pages the chapter is going to end up being.
jacksparrow589
Since I haven't seen anything else (is there anything else?), I can react only to the two spoiler pages I saw last night.

I am incredibly satisfied with this ending. The characters worked hard to make it to where they were. To me, there would be no point in not rewarding them.

That rational bit said...

Ed and Winry? Al and Mei? BABIES? wub.gif

Riza, did you seriously have to cut your hair? I mean, I guess it was all matted with blood and stuff after the battle, but it didn't need to be THAT short! *cries* (Though I am glad to see that she isn't separated from Roy. Even though I totally ship Royai, it's enough for me if they're just standing by each other in the end)

Havoc walking makes me a happy girl. Go, Havoc, go!

Hoho and Trisha, together at last. As it should be.

Lin for Emperor! Yay!

Okay, seeing Scar in the military is a bit of a WTH moment. Part of me was hoping he'd die for a cause, but I guess it's okay if he lives for one, too.

Since that's really all I can remember, that's where I'll leave it. I'm sure I'll have plenty more to react to in a bit.
A Pierrot's Aria
^THANK YOU!

I'm sorry for commenting again, but that made happy tears come to my eyes...that was so sweet! She literally floored them!
Qashqai
Nah, Tombow, I saw only about 60 pages for now. So I hope the things I'm most dissapointed at will be explained well. ;f
Btw, the next person misunderstood me again - well, the happy ending seems cliche for me, but what annoys me is that some characters ended up "happy" even though I expected them to suffer a bit for their mistakes, bad decisions they made, uh-duh. It just doesn't feel right. Maybe it'll be explained decently in the chapter. The more pages I see, the more content I am (seems like the case with Scar was decently explained, and this was troubling me the most... since he was suppossed to be punished for his murders after the promised day). Anyway, you know, I was all for happy end for brothers, even though I pretty much hate Ed and kinda wish he'd die, but that just wouldn't be right : P both brothers deserved a happy end and I like how they ended up pretty much (only that Al/Mei thing in the very end still seems absurdic to me, but since it's not certain anyway, meh). Though I still hope that it'll be said somewhere that Ed will suffer somehow for using his life energy before.

Nevermind. About the chapter directly...
Hohopapa's death was done awesomely ;A; though I wonder how did he get to Resembool in this state :'D
And Mrs. Bradley is awesome.
And that scene was just great. We've been waiting for that for years, huh? Group hug of the golden trio :3 btw, Winry's knockers... o.O they're big.
YAY FOR SCENES OF ED AND AL LIVING IN RESEMBOOL. Poor Ed, can't use alchemy. Use only your own hands now, good luck, haha.
Btw. This page... Al and Gracia... Can I ship them? XDDD
Also, I'm sad about Greed (why was he chosen to make this end a bit less happy ; o). :<
he03
I do hope we get a full explanation of Pride's fate as well as Mrs. Bradley's. Even if it does look dire. TT_TT
A Pierrot's Aria
Is it just me or does Grumman look like he's fuhrer? o.o

And I'm so happy that human Al gets a chance to appear in the manga. biggrin.gif

Thanks for the pics!
Jealous Rogo
My thoughts so far

- Ed/Win and Al/Mei fans rejoice I see.

- Al getting his body back looks like a great moment

- Looks like... Ed destroyed his and Al's gates in order to get Al's body back... and it seems Ed can no longer use Alchemy like he used to. That actually makes ALOT of sense. They traded in their knowledge in order to get back what they lost.

- Okay so looks like Marcoh is involved in Mustang's future some how

- Olivier's smirk tells me that she has something to do with why Scar isn't being arrested. My guess is she's gonna blackmail him somehow or something.

- Hoho's death looks like a great moment.

- Greed looks like he's playing an integral part in Father's downfall.

Well I'm glad to see that we're not getting a bittersweet ending. Why? Because I did not invest god knows how many years for them to pull a 'screw you' ending to the audience. I know some people LIKE endings like that, but I personally, really don't. It's not good writing in my opinion, unless it's well done and to be honest, here it would'n't have been. Also on top of that, if you want a bittersweet ending, anime1 still exists.

Sorry off topic, I think.

I think alot of my proper reaction will be informed when we get translations, but I'm so far slightly dissapointed that we're getting so few scans of the actual battle in this chapter. I wanna see how they take that sonovabitch down!

Also... does Winry in that photo have Trisha's hair cut? Or one very similar? ...hello Oedipus complex!

Flamez_Freak
pride looks like an angel...ahahahha...and he's got some symbol on his forehead too...so its safe to conclude now the only homunculus that survived was pride.... guess im startin to like the conclusion a lot more..thanks to a few users here who made me open my eyes...)))))
Qashqai
QUOTE (A Pierrot's Aria @ Jun 7 2010, 05:20 PM) *
Is it just me or does Grumman look like he's fuhrer? o.o

And I'm so happy that human Al gets a chance to appear in the manga. biggrin.gif

I wonder about that, too. I can't see how much stars does he have ;f
And I'm happy about that, too ;_;

OK. I made a mistake, judging the end by the very last pages and a dozen pages from the middle. Whole chapter looks better than that "happily ever after" (next-to) last pages.
tigerchic121
Although I want to reserve final judgment until the final chapter is all out and scanlated and such, so far I LOVE the ending. It seems to be a happy ending, which I'm really grateful for. I mean, I think its a final "equivalent exchange" that Awakawa gave to us. Then again since I haven't seen or read the whole chapter who knows exactly what happened. I have faith that she did a good job though.

And now pardon me for my moment of fangirling. EDWINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!! Yes my OTP is for realllll. Babies! Also emperor!Ling! Gaaaaah.

I'm actually not upset that I spoiled myself because now I'm just sooo excited fro this chapter.
AzzieMusical
Wow.. I liked the chapter great until those photos at the end. Ahh well... guess she had to please the pairings fans somehow tongue.gif

Meh I don't care about the pairings so much, so I'm not bothered by the end picture. I'd laugh if it turned out they were Al and Winry's kids, just because of the sheer wank it would cause.

Nah, kidding. I'm just glad the pairings weren't shoved in our faces. I actually like the subtle way in which it was done, an after touch if you will.

A question though, aren't some of you EdWin fans annoyed they didn't even show them hooking up?
hand-made-city
@AzzieMusical: The EdWin fans don't seem upset at all to me! The most recent scans show Ed hugging Winry, so I guess that works. I'm not a fan of the pairing, so it doesn't affect me... but the EdWin fans are certainly excited about it.

What's breaking my heart is the lack of Roy and Riza in the spoilers... I love them and I'm DYING to know what's going on with them!
AzzieMusical
@hand-made-city: You mean the one of him hugging her as she hugs him AND Al?

I'm happy for them, but I agree, it's a cop out that we don't get any more Royai, especially since they were the more believable pairing.
Michiyo-
I'm waiting for pages with Roy and Riza too. We've seen so many pages with Ed and Winry, now we need some Royai as well. If we don't get any, I'll be very disappointed
rzerox21xx
QUOTE (AzzieMusical @ Jun 7 2010, 09:25 AM) *
@hand-made-city: You mean the one of him hugging her as she hugs him AND Al?

I'm happy for them, but I agree, it's a cop out that we don't get any more Royai, especially since they were the more believable pairing.

Actually there are more pages involving that but hand-made city made it clear down below.
hand-made-city
@AzzieMusical: No, not that one. There are new pages with just Ed and Winry... I definitely liked the Winry-Ed-Al glomp though! It was cute.

I'm really really hoping that something will be confirmed with Roy and Riza, and that they won't just settle back into their routine. At least SOME acknowledgment would make me feel better!
AzzieMusical
Okay, okay, I give. biggrin.gif

That hug was pretty cute. Even if I still dislike the pairing, it was a sweet hug.
NightMistress
Well, I've been an EdWin and Royai supporter for 6 years, so I am thrilled on the EdWin end. Sure, a kiss woulda been nice, but there being babies more than suggests that. Canon is good enough. And I'm sure some fanart will fill in the gaps wink.gif . It's a happy ending without being overly sappy and shoujo-esque so it doesn't seem awkward presented this way.

I do really want to see what happens to Royai though because I love EdWin, but I'm slightly more of a Royai fan. However, if this is all we get, the EdWin more than makes up for it for me.
Irena
^ Don't give up yet!

Personally, I'm content with the ending, although I can kinda see why people don't like it, what with the Harry Potter-esque photos and all (at least nobody has a son named Albus Severus, right?)

Arakawa tends to balance things out; I guess she's making up for all of the really sad stuff throughout the series by giving us a nice big dose of happy at the end - plus she has to thwart as least some of the fanficcers xD

It seems to end on a hopeful note, but it looks like everybody still has some work to do.
YourViolentStalker
I'm sure we'll get something pertaining to Roy and Riza. As of now, we've gotten next to nothing about them at all, let alone together, but there's no way Arakawa would ignore her second and third most popular characters.

As for the chapter so far, it makes me happy. ;3 I'm glad that everyone can have a happy ending after everything that's happened to them, and the turnouts for some of the characters are really interesting (lookin' at you, Scar).
rinoaebastel
QUOTE (Michiyo- @ Jun 7 2010, 06:27 PM) *
I'm waiting for pages with Roy and Riza too. We've seen so many pages with Ed and Winry, now we need some Royai as well. If we don't get any, I'll be very disappointed

sigh Im thinking the same...it can't be just health and nothing.. sigh
hand-made-city
QUOTE (YourViolentStalker @ Jun 7 2010, 11:34 AM) *
I'm sure we'll get something pertaining to Roy and Riza. As of now, we've gotten next to nothing about them at all, let alone together, but there's no way Arakawa would ignore her second and third most popular characters.

Yeah, you're right. Since they are so high in the popularity polls, they won't be ignored! I feel better now. :D
zonkiethegreat
WWWOOOO!!! LOVE IT ALL.

But I'm going to officially stop looking at the spoilers. They are just all out of order, and confusing me. I want to sit down and read the scanlation all in one piece when it comes out now.
hand-made-city
QUOTE (zonkiethegreat @ Jun 7 2010, 11:50 AM) *
WWWOOOO!!! LOVE IT ALL.

But I'm going to officially stop looking at the spoilers. They are just all out of order, and confusing me. I want to sit down and read the scanlation all in one piece when it comes out now.

That's a good idea. I want to do the same, but once I'm in this deep, I usually can't come back. XD I actually didn't really want to see spoilers that much at first, but when some made their way into the Royai thread, I could have kicked myself for looking... especially since it looked like the last page had been spoiled first. But it's too late for me now!
zonkiethegreat
This also looks like a REALLY LONG CHAPTER!!! *happy dance*
NightMistress
QUOTE (zonkiethegreat @ Jun 7 2010, 12:56 PM) *
This also looks like a REALLY LONG CHAPTER!!! *happy dance*

I think it's supposed to be 150 pages smile.gif.
Chiyo
There was simply no way I'd be able to avoid looking at the images.

I already know I'm going to be satisfied, even with the out of sync, out of order, jumble of images currently.
Lt. Misha Mustang
Woah that means lots of Royai and Edwin to explain! xD
I loved Ed and Winry's hug it was so cute <33
allykatty1
QUOTE (Irena @ Jun 7 2010, 08:34 AM) *
^ Don't give up yet!

Personally, I'm content with the ending, although I can kinda see why people don't like it, what with the Harry Potter-esque photos and all (at least nobody has a son named Albus Severus, right?)

Arakawa tends to balance things out; I guess she's making up for all of the really sad stuff throughout the series by giving us a nice big dose of happy at the end - plus she has to thwart as least some of the fanficcers xD

It seems to end on a hopeful note, but it looks like everybody still has some work to do.

LOL, I was about to post something very similar about Harry Potter right before I read your comment! XD I was even going to comment on Albus and/or Lily (makes me wonder if Ed and Winry have a Maes or Trisha... it would be slightly fanfic-esque and predictable, but also, again, like Harry Potter...). Well, better a Harry Potter ending than a Lost ending, at least for me! Heck, I already got one Lost ending this month, I don't need a second one. O_o

I also agree with the "equivalence" of the ending. If there are people out there who think it's too happy, well, I say keep in the mind the story as a whole. Plenty of terrible things happened and a lot of characters died. The Elrics and the Rockbells are still parentless (even if the Elrics got to make up with their dad). Gracia is still a widow and Elicia will grow up without a father. Ed and Winry's kids won't have any grandparents (well, one great-grandparent... but she can't last too much longer, huh? tongue.gif ). Fuu and Buccaneer died. Mrs. Bradley lost a husband. Ed still has his scars (and automail leg?). Ed can't use alchemy (or at least clappy alchemy, so it seems). I could go on...

If you try to say it's an "unrealistic" ending, that makes no sense to me. Look at "real" life. Very few people have suffered the way these characters have. How realistic is it that they NEVER get anything happy in their lives? After all, people move on, they grow up, they get married (hopefully to the right person) and have kids. That's life. It's not like the future pics are from the day after the battle; they clearly take place several years down the road.

Oh, and my comments on the latest pages! biggrin.gif We get to see Ed cry, after all! And well done, I might add - he's really letting it out, as per the song. wink.gif But then, in a very Ed-like fashion, he only lets it last for one panel and then toughs it up again, lol. happy.gif But huh, I expected to maybe see him cry over Hohenheim's death, but Hoho is not yet dead in this scene... hmm.

And we get both the trio group hug AND a separate EdWin hug. The EdWin train scene as a whole seems a bit like a reversal of the first EdWin train scene we got back in chapter 48. What makes it even more satisfying to me is that thick-headed Edward seems to be the one initiating the hug. He started out predictably red-faced and stammering, but by the time he got around to actually hugging her, it was pretty smooth. happy.gif I can tell some of what they're saying (calling each other idiots again, Ed thanking Winry), but not enough. Gah, I can hardly wait for a translation! Does any of it amount to a confession?! XD
zonkiethegreat
I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE what happens to Roy!!! OOHHH I WANNA KNOW SO BAD!!! blowup.gif
Roy***
What happens to Roy and Riza??

Where are the ROYAI moments?? T_T

Chiyo
Okay please everyone, understand that you have not seen all the images yet, so please avoid complaints. People are doing the best they can to get everything to you.
ShadowCat17
My mind is blown. I can't handle it. Was not expecting this today. It's too much! EdxWin omg body!Al omg AlxMei omg Hoho dead omg Pride what!! OWARI!!!! I think I'm going to die
tigerchic121
EDWIN HUG! That is amazing! I need this chapter to be translated now! (No rush translators that's just my excitement, thanks SO much for doing everything you do). Plus now I can't wait to see this all animated.

I'm getting so excited for this chapter. But this whole thing is so bittersweet, because it's finally the end. It's extra hard for me right now too, because I just graduated yesterday, and now this is happening! It's a happy time but a weird one as well.

But now that my OTP is taken care of, I'm really curious as to what happens to Roy and/or Riza.
Flamez_Freak
QUOTE (ShadowCat17 @ Jun 7 2010, 11:55 PM) *
My mind is blown. I can't handle it. Was not expecting this today. It's too much! EdxWin omg body!Al omg AlxMei omg Hoho dead omg Pride what!! OWARI!!!! I think I'm going to die

don't die yet . . Wait for the scanlated version to come out smile.gif my my , this was an awesome chapter to end the series wit . . Barring a few moments here and there . . Can't wait for the scanlations now . They must be around the corner smile.gif
shanryelric
WHOAWHOAWHOA. now AGAIN, I cant stop crying. damn. AL LOOKS SO HANDSOME JHKJYHXBKWS OMG
anybody mind posting the edwin hug link? I cant find it ; A ;
Bett Bett
Wow... I loved the screen where they show Riza in her bra wub.gif
Michiyo-
@shanryelric: Check the first post in the Info Thread, it's the last image link.
Tombow
All right, my Net connection is slow/on/off, but give me about 20 minutes or so of head start, and then hopefully I can start posting translations of some of the posted pages. ^^

Meantime, please be kind and avoid making off-topic postings and also not to post any chapter 108 content on any other threads in the forums except on those chapter 108 designated threads. If you see other members posting chapter 108 content on other threads, please make a report by posting on The Forum Mod Station thread (please try to AVOID using "report this post to Moderator" button) and then we'll take care of that as soon as possible. ^^
shanryelric
ok thanks Michiyo-!
Animeoldtimer
WOW!! It's been over 5 years of me following this manga! I am so happy with the ending so far!!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Thanks to everyone who has brought the manga, translations, and scanlations to us! Thanks to Tombow and Chiyo for working so hard as moderators I'm sure it's been a challenge lately. biggrin.gif
Loved the EdWin hugs! Can't wait to see what is being said.
biggrin.gif
A few comments on the last page:

Yoki runs away with the Chimera's and joins the circus? That's funny! Scar seems to be with Miles and is sporting a ponytail? Ed and Winry with kids and Al and Mei together is so sweet! Havoc's rehab made me smile.

I want to know about Roy and Riza too!! sadangel.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.