Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chapter 108, The Final Chapter "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga > FMA Manga Spoiler Zone
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Tombow
First time FMA manga readers, please post your thoughts and discussions on chapter 108 here. smile.gif

For info on the "Reading Reference", go to page 33.

================================

For this chapter, Please DO NOT POST the chapter info on this thread.
If you have any chapter 108 info such as preview pics, raw links, etc, please post these on Chapter 108, The Final Chapter, Information Thread.

* If you have any credible info for the chapter 108: Please post link/info for preview pages, preview spoiler summary, raw, etc. for chapter on The Final Chapter, Information Thread. Then, the board staff will update the info on the first post of that thread.

* If you post pics from the actual chapter 108: Please post any and all such pics as LINKS, and NOT as IMAGES (i.e. don't use [img][/img] BBcode, and also no use of thumbnails by uploading the pic to our site.) If you happen to forget and post such images, please do not mind that the board staff may go ahead and edit your post so that no direct image would be showing on your post.

* If you are looking for the info for chapter 108: All the info to be gathered on the first post of The Final Chapter, Information Thread.
If you do not wish to be spoiled of the chapter 108 content, please AVOID opening any succeeding pages on this thread and the above mentioned The Final Chapter, Information Thread.

If you're ready, the discussion of the chapter 108, the final chapter of FMA manga starts on page 2...... smile.gif

<Special Reminder/Plea for the Final chapter content>

Since it is made known that many people would like to opt for avoiding any spoilers till they are ready to read some fan-made scanlation of the final chapter, we would like to remind/ask everyone that....

* Please DO NOT post ANY part of chapter 108 content on any other threads in any part of the forums, except on this Spoiler Party discussion thread (and the ones clearly marked as chapter 108 related threads, if any.) This includes any and all pics from chapter 108. This applies to ALL threads on our board, including many of the character discussion threads such as Hawkeye X Roy: The Royai Thread, Edward & Winry! Aka Ed X Win thread, and so on. Please post any discussion on any content of chapter 108 on this thread only. Yes, this is different from our usual practice, but we ask everyone's cooperation. If you happen to forget and make post(s) indicating the chapter 108 content on other threads, please do not mind that the board staff may go ahead and edit your post so that no chapter 108 content would be discussed on your post.

* If posting any pics from chapter 108 on this thread, please post as LINKS and not IMAGES. (i.e. don't use [img][/img] BBcode, and also no use of thumbnails by uploading the pic to our site.) If you happen to forgot and post such images, please do not mind that the board staff may go ahead and edit your post so that no direct image would be showing on your post.

* Please DO NOT make signature or avatar that would indicate/show the content of chapter 108, either by images or by text.
If you happen to forget and make such, please do not mind that the board staff may go ahead and edit such avatar or signature.

---------

Please use this thread to add your comment on the content of chapter 108, the final chapter of FMA manga.
Also, please note that the following thread(s) are also available as the designated chapter 108 related thread(s):

* About the Ending, as in how the story has concluded: Adding your general/casual thoughts for the ending of the chapter/ending of the series, as part of your comment on the chapter 108 content discussion on your post here is quite fine. ^^ But... if your post is solely about the ending of FMA manga, or if you would like to go in-depth with your comments on the ending of FMA manga, or otherwise you wish to add your comment on the ending of FMA manga in general (vs the ending of FMA-1, etc,) then we hope to have your post on:
Your thoughts on the Ending of FMA Manga (as in, how the story concluded)

* About your thoughts & reflections on the fact that FMA manga series has concluded: Please post your comments on
Your Reflections/thoughts about The FMA Manga Series Being Concluded

ETA:
Royai fans who had read chapter 108 and wish to discuss about the conclusion, etc. (specifically for "Royai related discussions upon the conclusion of the series" only) you can now post your comments on
Reflections - Temporary Discussion Thread For Royai Fans upon the ending of FMA manga series

EdxWin fans who had read chapter 108 and wish to discuss about the conclusion, etc. (specifically for "EdxWin related discussions upon the conclusion of the series" only), you can now post your comments on
Reflections - Temporary Discussion Thread For EdxWin Fans upon the ending of FMA manga series

AlxMei fans who had read chapter 108 and wish to discuss about the conclusion, etc. (specifically for "AlxMei related discussions upon the conclusion of the series" only), you can now post your comments on
Reflections - Temporary Discussion Thread For AlxMei Fans upon the ending of FMA manga series

Fans & 'shippers of any other FMA pairings who had already read FMA chapter 108 and would like to have the similar discussion thread for their shipping pairing, please PM me and let me know. smile.gif

<Last edited by Michiyo- on July 8, 2012>
Tombow
"Accidental-spoiler prevention" post
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Tombow
Miss MP
Wish I could read that better . . .
Kasumisty
...I really regret looking at posted preview pages. Didn't know I would feel like that. Why would they give the last ones first?
zonkiethegreat
HOLY CRAP!!!!
WOW MAJOR SPOILERS
Those are so lovely....*sniff* *sniff*

BABIES!!! HAVOC!!! HOHO + TRISHA!!! ........wow....
mazam
Wow. I really did not expect to get chocked up. It was mainly that family pic with the kids. Ed gets real tall. And is dressed very similar to Hohenheim in the end pic. *sobs*
Turdaewen

Man... did Riza cut her hair short once more, or is that pic old??
zonkiethegreat
QUOTE (Turdaewen @ Jun 7 2010, 12:46 AM) *
I think we can... can't we??

YEAH That pic is a bit of a head scratcher???? Hmm...
Turdaewen
QUOTE (zonkiethegreat @ Jun 7 2010, 01:47 AM) *
QUOTE (Turdaewen @ Jun 7 2010, 12:46 AM) *

YEAH That pic is a bit of a head scratcher???? Hmm...

Actually, it sorta looks like Roy finally became Fürher! Moreover: he seems to be SEEING!!! O.O

OMG! I'm actually trembling right now...

and it was so cute the one with Black Hayate!! XD
zonkiethegreat
I don't think I can sleep now!!! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Turdaewen @ Jun 7 2010, 12:50 AM) *
and it was so cute the one with Black Hayate!! XD

YES I THINK HE IS TOO XD

BUT.. I think he is still blind??? Maybe that's why Riza is next to him?? I DONT KNOW!!! GAAAHH!!!

And what about...MEI, AL, Ed, And WINRY??? Who's babies are those!!!??? One of them might belong to Al and Mei!!??? O___O
paca
but Riza is pointing... you can't point for a blind one , can you?

and about those 4... the one Ed is holding looks like Al...but that can be because they are brothers..O.o
zonkiethegreat
QUOTE (paca @ Jun 7 2010, 12:55 AM) *

and about those 4... the one Ed is holding looks like Al...but that can be because they are brothers..O.o

This is true, she does seem to be "pointing"!!!!!! O__O

And as for the other four...YEAH I think Ed is holding his nephew/niece!!! Because that child's eyes look a little Xingese!!! HAHAHA Just kidding, but the hair looks like AL!!! AAWWW THIS IS SO FREAKING CUTE
Disasterpiece
WAIT

WERE THOSE KIDS EDxWIN KIDS? OR......

.......i just shat brix...........
Gregory House
Well... this was the end of an awesome adventure called Fullmetal Alchemist. I'm happy, the Elric brothers deserved it smile.gif

Kasumisty
I don't know what to think about those pages. My first thought was a little dissapointment, the ending looks like a typical happy end, without anything bitter.
Hypsidium
Hm, all the photographs appear to be of future events, save the one.

I hope this doesn't indicate that the Lieutenant and Colonel won't have a future. The three stars on his shoulder were always there if I recall correctly.
NightMistress
QUOTE (Disasterpiece @ Jun 7 2010, 12:00 AM) *
WAIT

I think either one or both are their kids, but Ed's got on a wedding ring!! biggrin.gif
zonkiethegreat
QUOTE (Disasterpiece @ Jun 7 2010, 01:00 AM) *
WAIT

YES!!! I think at least ONE of them (the one Winry is holding) is!!! The baby Ed is holding migh tbe MeiXAl's kid!!!XD

AND...What three stars??? It looks like he has 4 stars to me.
B.K.
QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Jun 6 2010, 10:04 PM) *
I don't know what to think about those pages. My first thought was a little dissapointment, the ending looks like a typical happy end, without anything bitter.

Well, Hohenheim is dead. That's a bit bitter. He won't get to spend time with Ed and Al to make up for the time he missed when he was out making his anti transmutation circle and he won't get to see his grandchildren.
Turdaewen
QUOTE (Hypsidium @ Jun 7 2010, 02:06 AM) *

I hope this doesn't indicate that the Lieutenant and Colonel won't have a future. The three stars on his shoulder were always there if I recall correctly.

No... they're all future

And they weren't always there: Colonel is 2 stars. I just checked XD
NightMistress
QUOTE (Hypsidium @ Jun 7 2010, 12:06 AM) *

Yeah I'm curious about those two as well. I do think he advances though. But Hayate had puppies; why can't they tongue.gif.
Kasumisty
Hohenheim really wanted to die and be reunited with Trisha, so that's more bitter on Elrics side. But still not good enough.
paca
QUOTE (B.K. @ Jun 7 2010, 02:09 AM) *
QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Jun 6 2010, 10:04 PM) *

Well, Hohenheim is dead. That's a bit bitter. He won't get to spend time with Ed and Al to make up for the time he missed when he was out making his anti transmutation circle and he won't get to see his grandchildren.

Also remember that all before the ending was really bitter always... and they deserve a "prize" :/ haven't they worked hard enough to get it???
Turdaewen
QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Jun 7 2010, 02:04 AM) *

Relax!!!

It doesn't mean that the end is bad... we just have to wait to see WHAT brought into that... it may be quite amazing. XD
So, don't get disappointed just yet. XD
paca
QUOTE (Turdaewen @ Jun 7 2010, 02:09 AM) *

No... they're all future

but I think Bradly had 4 :/ (maybe I don't remember correctly)
Kasumisty
Yeah, I guess.

Adult Ed looks like Shamballa one. With a mixture of Hohenheim style
zonkiethegreat
QUOTE (paca @ Jun 7 2010, 01:14 AM) *
QUOTE (Turdaewen @ Jun 7 2010, 02:09 AM) *

No... they're all future

but I think Bradly had 4 :/ (maybe I don't remember correctly)

HE DOES HAVE FOUR ROY HAS FOUR STARS LOOK AT IT CLOSELY!!!
Hypsidium
QUOTE (Turdaewen @ Jun 7 2010, 12:09 AM) *
No... they're all future

Really? I had looked for images of it to be sure, there seemed to be three. There's also a button above the stars, but it is hard to tell if that is what the top piece is. Riza's hair is also very short, unless the rest is hidden.
Turdaewen
QUOTE (Hypsidium @ Jun 7 2010, 02:16 AM) *
QUOTE (Turdaewen @ Jun 7 2010, 12:09 AM) *
No... they're all future

Really? I had looked for images of it to be sure, there seemed to be three. Riza's hair is also very short, unless the rest is hidden.

Absolutely.

it looks like Riza just cut her hair again.
Kasumisty
I prefered Riza with her hair long. But maybe that a sign they want to forget about their past. Lol cheesy idea.
B.K.
QUOTE (paca @ Jun 6 2010, 09:55 PM) *

Maybe Hohenheim offered himself as a sacrifice to Truth to get back everything that Ed, Al, Izumi, and Mustang lost during their human transmutations.
Disasterpiece
QUOTE (B.K. @ Jun 6 2010, 11:19 PM) *
Maybe Hohenheim offered himself as a sacrifice to Truth to get back everything that Ed, Al, Izumi, and Mustang lost during their human transmutations.

I knew it. That HAS to explain his grave marker
Seeker of Truth
QUOTE (Disasterpiece @ Jun 6 2010, 10:00 PM) *
I will go get you a fresh pair of underwear. laugh.gif

Winry is the shortest and the Elrics seem to be pretty beefy too laugh.gif

Ed has a wedding band on wink.gif

Big Y and the Chims are working at the Circus laugh.gif

Scar has a ponytail biggrin.gif

Poor Havoc, why can no one heal him with Alchemy?
A Pierrot's Aria
WOWZERS! These are great pages to wake up to! I love the Elric family pic-- Ed's even wearing a wedding band! ;-; And It's funny how his right arm is cunningly concealed! LOL

And Hoho's got a Grave....We all knew it was going to happen...*Runs away crying Falman style*

And it took me a while to realise....but it looks like...Ling may be the emperor, I can see LanFan's head lurking down in the corner of that bottom pic! LOL
Kasumisty
Regarding Ed's arm - well, on the pic with children we see quite a bit of his shoulder and there's no metal in it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.