Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chapter 108, The Final Chapter, Information Thread - Updated Info On The First Post... We Have Full Raw, Translations, & Scanlations Links Now! ^^
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga > FMA Manga Spoiler Zone
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Kaori Ayanami
hilary, you are a legend now, man. (I know, you're female, but that's how the saying goes XD).

Yes, it's the last time you'll do this, but way to end with a bang! wink.gif
Tombow
* It's painfully slow going currently since it takes more than several minutes just to upload one page with my painfully slow Net connection, XD (and I'm sure the other translation, or scanlation, or both would show up way before I will finish mine ^^) but anyway I'll be parking myself and slowly working on my chapter translations here.
(Warning: Currently the translations are NOT covered by Spoiler covers. If you do not wish to be spoiled, please do NOT click on this link.)
Edamame
Here is yet another photo-album mirror:

Raw Mirror Album
Please note that all the hard work goes to Hilary who scanned all of these pages and uploaded them for us! All the pages that I re-uploaded onto my Flickr account are available in large versions.You just click on the individual picture and a menu will come up, and you will see a button that should say "all sizes." Click on that button and you will get the original size scan. I'll try to make a rar.file latter if I have time.

PS- The beginning of the scans starts on page seven of the album.
Tombow
^ Thank you, Edamame! ^^
I added the album link to the first post of the thread.

Any Mod, forum Mod, Gallery Mod, or anyone who is capable of editing the first post:
If any other info (raw album/download links etc.) get posted, please update the first post of this thread and add the info there. smile.gif

...and now going back to the translation. ^^
spectator
thank you so much, Hilary!
he03
Much obliged Hilary!!! If ever you come to Australia, I'll shout you a drink of your choice (and you can come hang out with Arakawa and me, XD).
Feithh
if you want to do translation spanish-english:
http://submanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/108/78532

my soul for Hilary xDD
Kaori Ayanami
QUOTE (Feithh @ Jun 9 2010, 04:01 PM) *

I still can't believe it. First scanlation out in Spanish instead of being in English! o_0

Must be the eclipse or something like that.
Megabyte117
If anyone wants, I can translate specific pages from Spanish fan-made scanlation of chapter 108 by Gaia Immortal.

Note by board staff:
Moved the actual Spanish -> English re-translations to this temporary work-thread. Please keep working on the re-translations there. ^^

Anyone who would like to read Spanish -> English re-translations (partial) of Spanish fan-made scanlation of chapter 108 by Gaia Immortal, or post your request for the English re-translation of particular pages from Gaia Immortal's Spanish fan-made scanlation of the chapter, or help with the re-translation works, etc., please go to this temporary thread
smile.gif
SnakeByte117
Yeah, that would be amazing, thanks.

OT:
Also did you get your name from me, by any chance?
Feithh
QUOTE (Kaori Ayanami @ Jun 9 2010, 05:32 PM) *
QUOTE (Feithh @ Jun 9 2010, 04:01 PM) *

I still can't believe it. First scanlation out in Spanish instead of being in English! o_0

Must be the eclipse or something like that.

Yeah, so weird xD
I saw english, french, italian, portuguese even chineses but no spanish, nice job to fans in all the world...

QUOTE (Megabyte117 @ Jun 9 2010, 05:33 PM) *
If anyone wants, I can translate specific pages from the Spanish scanlation.

Thanks for you help, i hope someone can help you because we don't know about englis translators.

See ya! hope FMA live forever /o/
Gukumatz
Whoo! First scanlation! Thanks for letting us know, Feithh.

LOL, Kaori. It's great, right? I'm always a bit sad when the Spanish scanlations rely on the English translations since the original meaning can be lost more easily that way. Even with good translators, people word things a little differently, interpret a little differently... the small differences can add up. Sometimes it's not important, but maybe sometimes it is.

Since the Spanish scanlations came out first, they're probably directly translated from the Japanese. I'm very happy about that. Now we read three direct translations and get a better sense of what the original means. :DDD

P.S. Thank you bringing us the HQ raws, hilary! That must have taken a while. We are all so grateful!

(I have a final soon, so I should study for that. Argh...)

Edit: Still reading... They're using cam raws! Normally, I'd be disappointed, but I can't be! I'm too happy to read the translation. Zonkiethegreat, I think I owe you an apology. I don't think those Spanish EdWin pages were translated from Tombow's translation. I just thought they were because I had seen the English translation of the EdWin scene posted on Spanish-language forums. Nevermind!
paca
hilary! thanks a ton for the raws!!! <3<3<3
zonkiethegreat
WTH IS GOING ON WITH THE SPANISH SCANLATION!!!?? IT's NOT LOADING!!!! *CRIES*

GAAAHH ITS SO ANNOYING!!!!

EDIT: Apparently fans on their facebook page have not been able to open the submanga page for the past 30 minutes!!!! FRACK!!!

@gukumatz -- no prob
Feithh
QUOTE (zonkiethegreat @ Jun 9 2010, 06:21 PM) *

EDIT: Apparently fans on their facebook page have not been able to open the submanga page for the past 30 minutes!!!! FRACK!!!

@gukumatz -- no prob

No problem, submanga host is down (a lot views) but scalation have another host
http://www.mcanime.net/manga_enlinea/fullm...dromeda/96090/1
Kaori Ayanami
And ALL that was it the Spanish scanlation? Wow! Got to read it. Stupid, problematic Submanga! XD

QUOTE (zonkiethegreat @ Jun 9 2010, 05:21 PM) *

Must be the overload of eager fans. XD

OT:
@zonkiethegreat: Are you, by any chance... a native Spanish-speaker???
@gukumatz: ¿No serás de Yucatán o de perdida de Guatemala? XDDD Lo digo porque parece que hablas español y Gukumatz es un personaje del Popol Vuh, un dios maya...
zonkiethegreat
I just finished reading the Spanish scanlation, submanga seems to finally be working!!!

OT:
QUOTE (Kaori Ayanami @ Jun 9 2010, 08:00 PM) *
@zonkiethegreat: Are you, by any chance... a native Spanish-speaker???

Yes I am a native Spanish speaker! (from Miami,FL) biggrin.gif
Megabyte117
well, I finally have someone with me who actually translates spanish/english for a living, so, if anyone wants more translations just say the word smile.gif.

Note by board staff:
Anyone who would like to read Spanish -> English re-translations (partial) of Spanish fan-made scanlation of chapter 108 by Gaia Immortal, or post your request for the English re-translation of particular pages from Gaia Immortal's Spanish fan-made scanlation of the chapter, or help with the re-translation works, etc., please go to this temporary thread
smile.gif
Tombow
QUOTE (Megabyte117 @ Jun 9 2010, 10:24 PM) *
well, I finally have someone with me who actually translates spanish/english for a living, so, if anyone wants more translations just say the word smile.gif.

Awesome! Please keep going with your translations! biggrin.gif
My hats off to the Spanish fan-scanlation group! ^^

QUOTE (Full Metal Elf @ Jun 9 2010, 10:29 PM) *
Arg... still impatiently waiting for an English scanlation T_T. I'm trying SOO hard to avoid the RAWs. I just want to join the discussion like everyone else! lol

@Full Metal Elf - I assume HB has been churning out his translations and English fan-scanlation group is working full-speed, and it would be out very soon. (My hopeful thinking.. ^^) (I'll go back to my translations later tonight after I take care of some board stuff first. ^^)
And, I moved your post to Waiting for the next FMA Manga Chapter thread. You can talk with fellow "holding on" FMA manga fans there. biggrin.gif
hilary
QUOTE (he03 @ Jun 9 2010, 02:27 PM) *
Much obliged Hilary!!! If ever you come to Australia, I'll shout you a drink of your choice (and you can come hang out with Arakawa and me, XD).

Wow~~are you serious? XDD That seems so cool!! biggrin.gif

-
A big big thanks to you all for supporting me too!! XD
I'm so touching to see that you all won't mind to wait
for my slow working on scanning
(tears)
If there're any problem with the quality of pictures.
or you want to get more information about FA news in this month's gangan
Just please tell me and I'll scan them up for you~~

Thanks for the quick translation too!
--
LOVE YOU ALL AND FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST FOREVER!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Kaori Ayanami
QUOTE (hilary @ Jun 9 2010, 09:39 PM) *
A big big thanks to you all for supporting me too!! XD
I'm so touching to see that you all won't mind to wait
for my slow working on scanning
(tears)

Are you joking? Yours is the first full scan! You ought to be proud about it. T^T
HisshouBuraiKen
QUOTE (Tombow @ Jun 9 2010, 10:53 AM) *
QUOTE (HisshouBuraiKen @ Jun 9 2010, 10:49 AM) *
I will post my eventual translation in a separate topic to help prevent spoiling people who are clicking through this thread.

@HisshouBuraiKen - Please post it here, and the board staff will take care of the rest. smile.gif

As you wish! biggrin.gif I am downloading the current full raw now and will probably have the whole thing translated within, oh, let's say 15 hours. First I read, then I sleep, THEN I translate tongue.gif Then I hang up my FMA translation gloves for good sad.gif Been a hell of a ride the past 4 years, though, that's for sure.

ETA by Tombow:
To read HisshouBuraiKen's chapter 108 translations (currently work in progress) please go to this temporary thread.
Note: The translations posted there are NOT covered by Spoiler covers. If you do not wish to be spoiled, please do NOT click on the above link. smile.gif
Flamez_Freak
Thanks to all who've provided the preview/spoiler pics . Now that the raws are out , i'm expectin the scanlations to come out in 3-4 days smile.gif
Tombow
QUOTE (HisshouBuraiKen @ Jun 10 2010, 11:59 AM) *
Starting my translation! Here's the first 30-ish pages done, I'll keep updating as I go. Enjoy!

Thank you, HisshouBuraiKen! biggrin.gif I moved your post to this thread. Please continue posting your translation work there. ^^

Anyone who wish to read HisshouBuraiKen's English translations of chapter 108 (currently work in progress) please go to this thread.
(Warning: The translations on the above mentioned thread are NOT covered by Spoiler covers. If you do not wish to be spoiled, please do not click on the above link. smile.gif
HisshouBuraiKen
About halfway done...I really love all the dialog inside the Gates...both with Truth and Flask and with Truth and Ed.
Kasumisty
http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/108 The scanlation is up.
Michiyo-
Wow, a scanlation already? That was fast. Thanks for bringing the news, I'll add the link to the first post.
Tombow
^ Thank you, Kasumisty! ^^

Checked a couple of pages (yes, it takes that long on my computer XD) Pretty nice. ^^

The final chapter (fan-made) English scanlation, one day before the magazine is out in Japan....wow.
Anyway, I can take time with my translation now.... Xp
Lt. Misha Mustang
Cloudmanga also has the scanlation up

http://www.cloudmanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/108/
ETA by board staff...We found out that this version is missing the last few pages! O_o
Tombow
^ Thank you, Lt. Misha Mustang! biggrin.gif

Added the link to the first page. ^^

<Program Note>

QUOTE (Thalogens @ Jun 10 2010, 03:11 PM) *
It's... it's really over?

This is the end of an era D:

Edit- I almost forgot to add my thanks TO EVERYONE. Yes, that means YOU too.

@Thalogens - I moved your post to Your Reflections/thoughts on the FMA Manga series being concluded thread. ^^

Everyone, if you would like to comment on the end of FMA manga series (not "HOW the story concluded" but your reflections and thoughts on the fact that this series has now concluded) then we'd love to hear/read your thoughts on Your reflections/thoughts on the FMA Manga series being concluded thread. smile.gif
Broken Chouchou
Is Onemanga translation good?? I NEEDZ TO READ BUT I WANT TO BE SURE I GET THE BEST.
Trakonda
I just read Onemanga translation. It's good and all, but it didn't quite give out the same kind of "epic" feeling these other translations (mostly those given on this forum) were.

There were some lines that could have been worded better, honestly. But still, that's a full-chapter translation! And I'm happy to finally see one. biggrin.gif
Broken Chouchou
So yeah, okay. I'm killing myself here. But I think I'll wait for HisshouBuraiKen's translation. It was the one I read last time, it was really good from what I could tell. Don't want to miss out on any epicness >.<
HisshouBuraiKen
Well, my translation's done, hope you guys like it.

(http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13611&st=0#entry734494)

I would recommend you read it because the OM translation has more than a few errors.

Figures they come outta the woodwork on the last chapter tongue.gif

It's been real!
Broken Chouchou
Awesome! So fast! ohmy.gif Many, MANY thank-yous, Hisshou!! ^^

When do you reckon a full scanlation might be up at soonest, if you have any idea at all? I understand other people from your group use your translation to edit the RAW, right? What could we expect?
Flamez_Freak
I prefer your translations too hishou . . Hope to see it soon smile.gif thanks for the hardwork you've put in smile.gif
HisshouBuraiKen
Well mangastream (my group) hasn't given me a raw yet and they do HQ work, given their record their scan will probably be a few days. In the meantime, you guys are free to make your own scans (as long as you put my name in the credits!) or petition darkside to do a better quality release one using my translation instead, either of which would be very awesome of you all XD I

I think the final chapter deserves a little more than, let's face it, the blurry muddy junk that's out now.

Not that I'm bitter tongue.gif
Tombow
QUOTE (HisshouBuraiKen @ Jun 10 2010, 04:03 PM) *
Well mangastream (my group) hasn't given me a raw yet and they do HQ work, given their record their scan will probably be a few days. In the meantime, you guys are free to make your own scans (as long as you put my name in the credits!) or petition darkside to do a better quality release one using my translation instead, either of which would be very awesome of you all XD I

I think the final chapter deserves a little more than, let's face it, the blurry muddy junk that's out now.

Not that I'm bitter tongue.gif

Now, now, let's not start the mudslinging. laugh.gif (Especially this being the last chapter for our FMA fandom community and all.. ^^)
In any event, as you said, we hope to have the scanlation from your group in a few days, and once out it will be available for everyone to see, and I'm sure fans of scanlations from your group can wait that long. biggrin.gif At any rate, thank you so much for your translations! ^^

------

<Program note>

QUOTE (Lunneth elric @ Jun 10 2010, 05:20 PM) *
holy ..... that is all i can say

@Lunneth elric - Assuming the post is your comment for FMA chapter 108, I moved your post to FMA Chapter 108, The Final Chapter, Content Discussion Thread. smile.gif
HisshouBuraiKen
QUOTE (Tombow @ Jun 10 2010, 05:19 PM) *
Now, now, let's not start the mudslinging. laugh.gif (Especially this being the last chapter for our FMA fandom community and all.. ^^)
In any event, as you said, we hope to have the scanlation from your group in a few days, and once out it will be available for everyone to see, and I'm sure fans of scanlations from your group can wait that long. biggrin.gif At any rate, thank you so much for your translations! ^^

Yeah you're right, I'll go out on the high road biggrin.gif
Kasumisty
Mangastream statement on Twitter, says their version of scanlation will be out today.
Tombow
^ Thank you, Kasumisty for the news! ^^
Kasumisty
http://mangastream.com/read/fullmetal_alchemist/57595093/1 Mangastream scanlation is up!

EDIT: At least one page is in the wrong order (10th)

EDIT2: A lot of pages are in wrong order.
FailToImpress
^I just noticed this. In a way I'm glad I didn't end up waiting for this version or else I'd be disappointed.
Tombow
QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Jun 12 2010, 06:44 AM) *
http://mangastream.com/read/fullmetal_alchemist/57595093/1 Mangastream scanlation is up!

EDIT: At least one page is in the wrong order (10th)

EDIT2: A lot of pages are in wrong order.

Thank you, Kasumisty!!

Yey!! ... and then...

Ouch.

(*goes to check* ...Yes they are, and hence the time-line of the events in this chapter is totally messed up. >.<)

Anyway, I'll add this info to the first post.....
Kasumisty
They deleted the chapter.

Couldn't they simply change the order?
Tombow
QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Jun 12 2010, 07:36 AM) *
They deleted the chapter.

Couldn't they simply change the order?

Rather than that, my simple guess is that they probably change the page orders in the "reserve" file (on the side, not on the "display" page on the one that is currently being displayed... maybe they can switch page orders on the display page if they want to, but IMO that could get more complicated than just go to the reserve file, change the page order, and re-upload the file with the correct page order) ...and so once they get the file with the correct page orders, take down the currently displayed version (if not already) and re-upload the corrected file..... Maybe... or maybe not. ^^

But, besides "how to switch" page orders, in order to rectify the situation, they need to have someone/some source that can confirm "the correct page order," and this could potentially take up some time, depending on the situation (please remember that we, as FMA fans, already know the correct page orders, but they may not... I mean, they didn't, it seems..) and meantime I guess they can't keep that link "on" with that version, knowing it is with the wrong page orders and unfortunately badly affecting the time-line of the events in the final chapter sad.gif

FailToImpress
I checked a couple of hours ago and the manga stream chapter was put back up, all pages in correct order. smile.gif
Tombow
QUOTE (FailToImpress @ Jun 12 2010, 11:01 AM) *
I checked a couple of hours ago and the manga stream chapter was put back up, all pages in correct order. smile.gif

Oh good! *relieved* Thank you, FailToImpress! happy.gif

Added the new link to the first post. biggrin.gif
Sensenic
Squenix reports that due to the july issue disappearing from stores in no time and many people not having been able to read the last FMA chapter, it is going to be reprint AGAIN in the september issue (along with the form for that chess board, I guess).

Quite a feat!

Seems we'll be able to do the raw anticipating one more month. XD
The spoilers won't be that much surprising, though. tongue.gif

Englishu
Tombow
QUOTE (Sensenic @ Jun 23 2010, 07:04 AM) *
Squenix reports that due to the july issue disappearing from stores in no time and many people not having been able to read the last FMA chapter, it is going to be reprint AGAIN in the september issue (along with the form for that chess board, I guess).

Quite a feat!

Seems we'll be able to do the raw anticipating one more month. XD
The spoilers won't be that much surprising, though. tongue.gif

Englishu

Oh my. Yap, SquareEnix says there is no more stock left for the July issue (the one that came out on June 11) and there is a report that the mag is selling as much as 6 times the original retail price at the auctions. Wow. That's amazing. Not surprising, but still amazing. ^^
(Didn't they anticipate the demand? Of course fans would rush to buy the mag with the last chapter of FMA!! tongue.gif)
Maybe we'll do something around Aug. 12 on our board when Sept. issue of YoungGanGan comes out, like, "Farewell FMA, Part-Deux" or something. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.