Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Some Help Plz
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
fmaexpert
PLZ HELP ME FIND SOME FMA WALLPAPERS TT.TT!!!! i had 2 reinstall vista so i have no good wallpaper for my screen cuz of its weird dimensions (1366x768) any help would b great TT.TT
*BESIDES ANIMEPAPER.NET. im at the limit there so i cant get wallpapers until i submit the necessary amount. but i dnt have anything to put on that site so i cant TT.TT.....

*IGNORE THE FIRST FEW POSTS. THOSE WERE THE RESULTS OF EXPRESSING A IDEA THAT DIDNT WORK OUT SO WELL. I WOULD GET RID OF THEM BUT IDK HOW. (that n i no when i'm fighting a losing battle)
Kasumisty
Took me a while to decipher what you've wrote.

I simply do not approve.

No sequels, no hatemail.

Besides, I highly doubt you will get her contact adress. Really.

I suggest you to enjoy manga while it's still running and accept it regardless on how it will end. (and what "badly" means? It's way too subjective.)
fmaexpert
QUOTE (Kasumisty @ May 13 2010, 01:40 PM) *
Took me a while to decipher what you've wrote.

I simply do not approve.

No sequels, no hatemail.

Besides, I highly doubt you will get her contact adress. Really.

I suggest you to enjoy manga while it's still running and accept it regardless on how it will end. (and what "badly" means? It's way too subjective.)

ah, sorry, i'm really lazy when it comes to typing.

i would like a sequel but i don't want to do it through hate mails. thats why i said i need more ideas.

don't put me down TT.TT i will find a way. i will (i'm stubborn) not to mention it's ONLY if she ends it on a bad note

I'm going to accept it either way. what i mean by badly is something like the movie- the way the movie ended(the message) was acceptable, but i don't want the manga to end the same way where ed n al get seperated from the people they love. as long as the manga does not end similarly to the movie, i'm good. but if it does, theres going to be some problems.
Broken Chouchou
Don't you think Arakawa is entitled to ending her own series as she pleases? And I HIGHLY doubt, even should fans contact her about it, that she would alter or pro-long her work.

I'm with Kasumisty, DO NOT approve of ideas like this at all.

Preferrably, this thread should be closed.
Ruingaraf
I will be much angrier if the series ends in puppies and rainbows. IMO not enough people have died/suffered to make it realistic.
Kasumisty
^But it also shouldn't boil down to someone dying or not. It's much deeper than that.
fmaexpert
QUOTE (Broken Chouchou @ May 13 2010, 01:52 PM) *
Don't you think Arakawa is entitled to ending her own series as she pleases? And I HIGHLY doubt, even should fans contact her about it, that she would alter or pro-long her work.

I'm with Kasumisty, DO NOT approve of ideas like this at all.

Preferrably, this thread should be closed.

geez, two replys n i'm already being made into the bad guy for expressing my ideas. ah w/e i should have expected this, anyway,and ur rite, she does have the rite to end it they way she wants. all im sayin is that i will very upset if the manga ends like they movie did with ed and al having to be separated from the ppl they love after everything they went through.
Kasumisty
But we're also entitled to have our own opinions (and share them) and IMO you've set off rather aggresively, talking about hatemails and such.

But I'm sorry if you felt aggrieved.
fmaexpert
QUOTE (Ruingaraf @ May 13 2010, 01:53 PM) *
I will be much angrier if the series ends in puppies and rainbows. IMO not enough people have died/suffered to make it realistic.

I'm not saying the has too end puppies and rainbows, i don't think that will happen. actually, i wouldnt want that to happen either. be nice, but no.

QUOTE (Kasumisty @ May 13 2010, 01:59 PM) *
^But it also shouldn't boil down to someone dying or not. It's much deeper than that.

I agree with you on that. It's the message it sent out that should really get us. Like when hughes died (TTATT!)

QUOTE (Kasumisty @ May 13 2010, 02:04 PM) *
But we're also entitled to have our own opinions (and share them) and IMO you've set off rather aggresively, talking about hatemails and such.

But I'm sorry if you felt aggrieved.

its fine. again, i RLY would perfer not to do hatemails. i just can't do something like that.

btw, i love ur sig XD
Kale Mustang
After managing to figure out what you wrote, why would you get so worked up over how the series ended? Does your life depend on it ending exactly how you want it to?

I'm not saying that expressing disappointment if it ends in a manner that you don't think is wrong, but wanting to send hatemail? That's a bit much.

Also, in not wanting it to be all puppies and rainbows at the end, it's a Shounen manga. Sure many older individuals (such as myself) read the series, but bear in mind, this series is still read by kids. I'm expecting it to end as realistic as it can, but since a lot of this series is based around a teenage boy and his experiences, the only people that will probably die/have died have mostly stuck to their convictions and defended their ideals. Whether those ideals were good/bad, right/wrong remains on the character, but at least those who have died did so by sticking to making their goals.
fmaexpert
QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ May 13 2010, 02:21 PM) *
After managing to figure out what you wrote, why would you get so worked up over how the series ended? Does your life depend on it ending exactly how you want it to?

I'm not saying that expressing disappointment if it ends in a manner that you don't think is wrong, but wanting to send hatemail? That's a bit much.

Also, in not wanting it to be all puppies and rainbows at the end, it's a Shounen manga. Sure many older individuals (such as myself) read the series, but bear in mind, this series is still read by kids. I'm expecting it to end as realistic as it can, but since a lot of this series is based around a teenage boy and his experiences, the only people that will probably die/have died have mostly stuck to their convictions and defended their ideals. Whether those ideals were good/bad, right/wrong remains on the character, but at least those who have died did so by sticking to making their goals.

Like i said, i DO NOT want to send hatemail.

im not sayin that it should end with rainbows everywhere, thats too unrealistic. but im not sayin there should blood n gore everywhere either. i WOULD LIKE fma to have n ending that give a hopeful closure for the future for the brothers, knowing that they can enjoy life without guilt of the past, but learning from it and move on
Kale Mustang
QUOTE (fmaexpert @ May 13 2010, 02:34 PM) *
im not sayin that it should end with rainbows everywhere, thats too unrealistic. but im not sayin there should blood n gore everywhere either. i WOULD LIKE fma to have n ending that give a hopeful closure for the future for the brothers, knowing that they can enjoy life without guilt of the past, but learning from it and move on

But they're already moving towards that, at least from what I'm reading. So again, what's the problem with how the story's potentially ending?
fmaexpert
QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ May 13 2010, 02:42 PM) *
QUOTE (fmaexpert @ May 13 2010, 02:34 PM) *

But they're already moving towards that, at least from what I'm reading. So again, what's the problem with how the story's potentially ending?

theres nothing rong with it.

this thread was rote ahead of time so rly if i start doing any of this stuff, i have to no what the ending is like first and then do it. but i want to get my idea out first. but as u can c, its not going so great if there r alot of ppl going against me lol
Vladadog
Why not have a little faith in Arakawa, that she'll end it exactly as it should be ended. She's brought us along through 107 chapters of an well thought out, well plotted, well written, amazingly drawn story. I just can't imagine she won't give it exactly the right ending.

I'm sure we won't all like every aspect of the ending - too many puppies for some, not enough rainbows for others. And who knows what horizons various ships will be sailing off to. But anyone who could pull off the last 107 chapters is going to make a good ending in 108.
fmaexpert
QUOTE (Vladadog @ May 13 2010, 04:36 PM) *
Why not have a little faith in Arakawa, that she'll end it exactly as it should be ended. She's brought us along through 107 chapters of an well thought out, well plotted, well written, amazingly drawn story. I just can't imagine she won't give it exactly the right ending.

I'm sure we won't all like every aspect of the ending - too many puppies for some, not enough rainbows for others. And who knows what horizons various ships will be sailing off to. But anyone who could pull off the last 107 chapters is going to make a good ending in 108.

im not sayin i dnt have faith in arakawa, all im sayin is that i would b very upset if fma doesnt end on a high note. if that makes sense. anyway ur rite just 2 let u no (ur response was the nicest one yet lol.)
Popogeejo
Hello there smile.gif
You are a terrible fan and I'm going to explain why in as polite a manner as I can muster.
First and foremost is that the ending has been written already. It's in the can. Done. Nothing you do will make her change what she's done now.

Next; you make some odd assumption that all the fans think the same as you which is patently false and quite offensive. Most of us do want a happy ending for the Elric's, yes, but most us will be happy with a well written ending, happy or sad, positive or negative. If the ending results in a bad turn out for our heroes then that's the way the dice have rolled. So long as it's well written it doesn't matter that much. If the end is badly written, good or bad, then that will be a big let down.

You're attitude is laughable. You are literally saying that if you don't get your way, if Arakawa doesn't meet your ideas, you will harass her and make he basically retcon it in a sequel. People did something like that when Neon Genesis Evangelion ended. That resulted in End of Evangelion which was an amazingly depressing film. If Arakawa has any sense she would do the exact same to you. How can you not see how childish you're being about this? You may as well hold your breath.
You also seem to think that Arakawa cares about what you think and won't just throw your letter away or just send a letter saying "Sorry but that's just how FMA ended. Deal with it." She already knows that not everyone will like the ending no matter what it is so she's probably expecting some negative response. None of that will effect her future plans.

FMA has always been about self sacrifice and persistence. It's very likely building up for a bitter sweet ending, possibly with a few good guys dying for the cause. If you want an ending to suit you then go write some fanfiction. Arakawa will tell her own story and you are not required to like it.

geez, two replys n i'm already being made into the bad guy for expressing my ideas.

Of course you are, you self centred cretin. You were organising a hate mail campaign if you didn't get your own way. Will you send hate mail to your teachers if they don't give you the grades you want?

And now, in a new act of selfishness, you're asking us for wallpapers from a site which requires you to earn said wallpapers, in effect, asking us to buy you something (time does equal money after all.)

Get out of here. Really. Having fans who are critical of FMA here is fine. That's welcomed. Having people who are stupid and saying they're planning to making threats against the mangaka is out of line. Grow up or get out.

Kyelinn
While I don't agree with this girl and the way she's gone about things, she's made it perfectly clear quite a few times that she does NOT want to send out hatemail. I didn't see anywhere where she stated she wanted to actually organize a hatemail campaign either...that was the whole point of her post was to possibly come up with some other idea, however ludicrous it may be, instead of hatemail because she DOESN'T want to use hatemail. You should read through the posts more thoroughly and acknowledge the fact that she doesn't want to use hatemail, and she stated as such, instead of tossing around insults at her and calling her a self-centered cretin. I can see where she's coming from tbh and I really want to see the Elrics get a decent ending as well, however I do not agree with what she mentioned she wanted to do. As stated, Arakawa will tell her own story however she wants, and we'll just have to deal with that whether we like it or not. I still don't think it was necessary to attack her the way you just did, Popo.
Popogeejo
she's made it perfectly clear quite a few times that she does NOT want to send out hatemail. I didn't see anywhere where she stated she wanted to actually organize a hatemail campaign either.

She said "I don't want to use hatemail but I can't think of anything else."
That's roughly like saying "I don't want to shoot you but..." while pointing a gun at someone.
Now while she did say she wanted alternatives she did heavily imply she was willing to use hatemail. Sadly I can't prove this because she erased her post, a clear sign of guilt.
However we have this:
QUOTE (fmaexpert @ May 13 2010, 10:11 PM) *
its fine. again, i RLY would perfer not to do hatemails. i just can't do something like that.

"I'd prefer not to" implies that if worst came to worst she would do so.

calling her a self-centered cretin.

Fun fact: My post consisted entirely of the sentence "fmaexpert is a self centred cretin." At no point did I carefully explain why here thread was inappropriate and her attitude contemptible.
If I was really attacking her my post would consist of nothing but a mocking parody of her spelling, grammar and selfish attitude. I would have pretended to agree with her and stretch her reasoning to a comical extreme until even she thinks her initial idea was stupid.

I still don't think it was necessary to attack her the way you just did, Popo.

and I don't think it's necessary to make a thread trying to organise a method in which to plan how we should demand Arakawa makes a sequel to FMA if the ending doesn't meet our standards. I don't think it's necessary for you to defend her from me. I don't think it's necessary to tell a writer how to do her job.
"If FMA doesn't go my way I will demand Arakawa changes it some how."
Kyelinn
And I agree with you. I don't feel this thread was necessary at all. I also don't feel that it's necessary to tell a writer how to do her job, and I'm so sorry for disagreeing with you in regards to what you posted towards her, but I do. *shrugs* I feel you could've done it in a more civilized manner instead of stooping to the point of calling her a self-centered cretin. You could've just stated that she was being self-centered instead of insulting her. You may not think it's necessary for me to defend her from you, but I am entitled to own my opinion on things, as are you. I'm just disagreeing with you, and I'm sorry that you don't like that.
fmaexpert
QUOTE (Kyelinn @ May 13 2010, 05:33 PM) *
And I agree with you. I don't feel this thread was necessary at all. I also don't feel that it's necessary to tell a writer how to do her job, and I'm so sorry for disagreeing with you in regards to what you posted towards her, but I do. *shrugs* I feel you could've done it in a more civilized manner instead of stooping to the point of calling her a self-centered cretin. You could've just stated that she was being self-centered instead of insulting her. You may not think it's necessary for me to defend her from you, but I am entitled to own my opinion on things, as are you. I'm just disagreeing with you, and I'm sorry that you don't like that.

thank you for defending me even if you did disagree with me. i did realize that the idea was stupid after a while. again thanks.

QUOTE (Popogeejo @ May 13 2010, 05:24 PM) *
she's made it perfectly clear quite a few times that she does NOT want to send out hatemail. I didn't see anywhere where she stated she wanted to actually organize a hatemail campaign either.

She said "I don't want to use hatemail but I can't think of anything else."
That's roughly like saying "I don't want to shoot you but..." while pointing a gun at someone.
Now while she did say she wanted alternatives she did heavily imply she was willing to use hatemail. Sadly I can't prove this because she erased her post, a clear sign of guilt.
However we have this:
QUOTE (fmaexpert @ May 13 2010, 10:11 PM) *

"I'd prefer not to" implies that if worst came to worst she would do so.

calling her a self-centered cretin.

Fun fact: My post consisted entirely of the sentence "fmaexpert is a self centred cretin." At no point did I carefully explain why here thread was inappropriate and her attitude contemptible.
If I was really attacking her my post would consist of nothing but a mocking parody of her spelling, grammar and selfish attitude. I would have pretended to agree with her and stretch her reasoning to a comical extreme until even she thinks her initial idea was stupid.

I still don't think it was necessary to attack her the way you just did, Popo.

and I don't think it's necessary to make a thread trying to organise a method in which to plan how we should demand Arakawa makes a sequel to FMA if the ending doesn't meet our standards. I don't think it's necessary for you to defend her from me. I don't think it's necessary to tell a writer how to do her job.
"If FMA doesn't go my way I will demand Arakawa changes it some how."

@Popogeejo

u must have read this after i tossed the idea. anyways, im not going to put up a fight here becuz after a while i did realize how immature i sounded n was disappointed in the idea n in myself. this all started out as me ranting to my friends when i found out fma would end soon n got motivated to put it on the web to express my idea, and after that ppl started stating their opinions and after a couple hours, i attempted to get rid of what was left of it seeing how dumb the idea was (but idk how to delete posts)
im not going to fight you becuz you have every rite to get mad at me as a fma fan, but u did go too far as to insult me when u don't even know me or how this whole thing started. and no, i was not organizing a hate mail campaign, hate mail was the only word i can think of at the time. yes i know its a stupid excuse but i'm stupid as well so it fits.
and the wallpaper thing, its optional for you to help me. i never said you needed to. if no one helps me becuz the we're persuaded by you're post that i am a selfish person, then so be it.
again, i will not fight back if you call me immature for the idea, but you don't know me- and i don't know you, so i won't continue this. unless you do.
Tombow
All right, it seems that fmaexpert has figured out how to delete own posts, and I think it's time we close up this one, shall we?

@fmaexpert - For some FMA wallpaper, you can try checking out the FMA wallpaper section of our Gallery?

Closing the thread. smile.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.