Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Episode 52: Everyone's Power - Content Discussion Thread
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Anime
Chiyo
Talk-back/content discussion for English dubbed episode on Adult Swim starts on page 3. smile.gif

Please post the discussions on the content of episode 52 here.
This thread is declared as a Spoiler zone for the content of the first 52 episodes.

Please don't ask for links on where to watch this episode, raw or subbed. Discussions on 'where to watch' belong in Where/How to Watch FMA Series 2. Don't post screencaps unless highlighting something important about the content of the episode. Just like on in most area's of the board, avoid one line posts, spam of any kind or conversations between two members.

Screenshots: please see Omni's Post.

Summary: Using the Philosopher's Stone, Alphonse battles Pride and Kimbley. Kimbley is impressed, but is curious as to why Alphonse hasn't used the stone to retrieve his body. Alphonse claims that the possibility exists to save everyone and regain his body. Kimbley argues that it's possible that neither will occur, and attacks using his own, refined stone. In Central, the Armstrong siblings take on Sloth, who proves to be the fastest of the homunculi. Pride seemingly gains the advantage against Alphonse, but it turns out to be a trap. Heinkel comes from behind Kimbley and bites his neck. Edward, Scar, and the other chimera continue to fight the homunculi army, who try disabling them by taking out their legs. As Pride taunts Alphonse and his group, a car comes out of nowhere and hits him. The car is driven by none other than Yoki, who helps the others escape. Alone with a dying Kimbley, Pride decides to devour him like he did with Gluttony. Back at Central HQ, the troops who corner Olivier are attacked by the homunculi army and she tells them to make a choice between dying or making a stand. Beneath Central, Envy chases Mei. In the room where Ed and the others are, they are beginning to get overwhelmed, but Roy and Riza arrive. Penguintruth, used with permission
shanryelric
ok. keyhole lags so many that i want to punch my laptop so much.
seems like a very nice episode to me, better than last time, I think. and WOW olivia looks so sexy!!! OwO envy looks so handsome biggrin.gif wahahaha, and the zombies are just annoying =___=''a.
I cannot see the eyecatches, anybody could post it? ' w '
did they use "RAIN" for middle song?
just cannot wait for 2 episodes ahead, full of royai!!
Levive
- New music I smell?
- And it starts off with super uber cool Kimblee & Pride vs. Alponse.
- I really like the animation here.
- Pride's trap looks like emmm... oh nevermind.
- Blah blah blah...
- It's the first time I hear Lapis Philosophorum in this arrangement in the anime.
- Yay for Alex & Olivier vs. Sloth! I think it's my favourite battle so far.
- Oh poor Kimblee. In fact, I didn't like him from the very start.
- Cool Heinkel eyecatch. I think he deserves one, after all.
- The "Rain" single commercial. I can't wait to see the PV!
- Oh, and even Alex got one?
- New music?! Hell, it's more than awesome!
- Oh wait, it's Rain actually?!?! Kind of strange they used it as an inner song, but it's really awesome! I want more of these!
- Wow Yoki, that was a good one. And the hero saves the daaay!
- See ya soon, Kimblee.
- Wow, May is a pretty good fighter.
- Oh look, and here comes Mr. Useless.
- Somewhat the ending really didn't fit the scene. I miss Shunkan Sentimental at this point.
- Why the preview was so short? Guess the didn't want to spoil much, but still, it was weird.
Michiyo-
- We start with the awesome Al fight. Great animation.
- Oh, the talk about the two choices.
- Back to the Armstrongs vs. Sloth fight. And finally he showed his true strength.
- Go Heinkel! And he got a cool eyecatch too.
- The Central meat truck arrived. smile.gif
- Wow, Rain as an insert song! It goes well with the fight scenes.
- Yoki, the hero arrived to save everyone! biggrin.gif
- Goodbye, Kimblee.
- May is still awesome.
- Yay, Roy and Riza are here!
Next 2 eps. will be even more awesome. Can't wait to see them.
penguintruth
My initial thoughts:

- All right, go Alphonse!
- The "three choices" speech!
- MANLY action! I'm talking about Olivier here, not Alex.
- Sloth's OHMYGODITSFAST speed!
- That bite to the neck has got to effing hurt.
- And we go back to taking care of those mooks
- No, you cannot use the OP as an insert song in the middle of an episode, Bones. You get the composer to compose BGM.
- Lol, Yoki
- It's a lion, get in the car! Oh, and the lion, too!
- Ah, Kimbley, you will be missed. Well... until...
- Bad, Selim! You've had enough to eat! And you know you'll get a stomach ache!
- What retarded soldiers. "Oh hey, let's point guns at somebody who's been saving us from this monster!"
- Olivier! <3 <3 <3
- I have to say after all that with Olivier, watching Mei fight Envy is kind of... boring.
- Cue Roy to help clear up this mess with the mooks, because Roy is the only alchemist who can actually get anything done in this story... er, until later, when even he can't.

Looks like we'll get Roy Rage next week! Should be fun. Stupid, unnecessary, wasteful, but fun.
SneakyRuler
Can't talk bout nimation quality as of yet but overall I liked this episode.

- All the parts with Kimblee involved were disturbing. He could just be stnding there smiling t Al and I frek out.
- Nice transitions between the figts, all of them.
- Seriously? You get in a room with Olivier, Alex and a giant monster and the first one you notice is Olivier?
- I... am.... the fast....est... homun.... culus... *WHOOOSH*
- Nice use of Rain there, it suprised me but it fit the mood.
- Kimblee and Pride are great team, complementing each other, talking casually.
- And here comes Yoki with his superb driving skills
- And there comes Mustang, hero of Ishbal, burning everyone involved.

Next week's preview looked good and I can't wait to see it.
Omni
Episode 52 Screenshots and Impressions

QUOTE (penguintruth @ Apr 11 2010, 04:35 AM) *
- No, you cannot use the OP as an insert song in the middle of an episode, Bones. You get the composer to compose BGM.

It was a bit weird to hear it as a battle insert song so soon after it was introduced, but it wasn't that bad...
allykatty1
Funny, I've been daydreaming to myself lately about ways that "Ray of Light" could fit as a background song to some emotional part towards the end of the series (I guess the use of "Let It Out" in Episode 27 inspired that thought), when the next thing I know, "Rain" is used in this episode! It surprised me that they would use it as a battle song, but I guess it kind of worked. Too bad the battle mostly had to do with the lame-ish zombies... sleep.gif It was almost a little bit TOO good/emotional a song to use over that particular sequence. I still approve though! ;D It also made me even more anxious to hear the entire song... soon, I hope! O_O

Also, Kimblee's injury hit me MUCH harder here than it did in the manga!!! It was all about the sound effects... his ragged breathing just sounded so horrific and painful! I was cringing with my hands half over my eyes for a solid two minutes afterward... and then seeing Sloth with a column through his head didn't help, lol! Even for a regenerating homunculus, that made me wince.
Kasumisty
-So this was episode with that special "Sorrowful Stone" track...where exactly was it placed? I guess it was that different arrangement of "Lapis Philosophorum", but I was hoping for something more.
-The art was little off at the beginning, but it was made up for with amazing action scenes (Alphonse can be awesome when he wants to biggrin.gif). I especially loved the sword fight and the ride on rock dragon ;f,
-Nice transition to Armstrongs with here,
-How exactly did Alex make it before Olivier was crushed? And why was she wounded when Alex protected her from Sloth?,
-Soldiers of Central are really dumb.
-Oh, it's full version (at least beginning of it) of the "Rain" song...but why is it placed right here? Come on, they're fighting with some brainless zombies, there is nothing depressing about it. Even Ed cutting their legs isn't sad enough.
-I loved the music except the mentioned moments.
-I've always wondered why Pride did not attack Heinkel who had Kimblee as shield. I guess he was planning to use Kimblee as a source of alchemy skills from the beginning.
-Yay for Yoki for getting his screentime :f,
-Wow. Great voice acting here. It hurts just to hear Kimblee's struggled breathing,
-But I liked "the meal" scene better in manga, though...
-Hm. Some strange moment here. There was an akward pause after one of that soldiers screamed "Mustang" and before the doors opened. It looked almost like the screen froze for a bit,
-And they are just standing and talking while zombies are eating them...
-Mustang rage time \o/ The animation will be great, judging by preview.
Katya Martin
Didn't think this episode was as good as it could have been.

-Yoki's awesome moment came out pretty well... captured the sense of "I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M DOING THIS!" that the manga had. But then...
-I don't think they did the bit where Kimbley got eaten right. This page http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/93/12/ in animated form would have been excellent... didn't like the blank-faced closeup so much.
-...That song does not match fighting zombies, guys.

Next episode's going to be [i]intense]/i] though... oh man. Hopefully they capture the feel from the manga right.
deet-tastic
Hot Day'um biggrin.gif

What an episode! So perfect.

Alphonse is such an amazing character. He's a sweet heart, but can be Bad A when he wants to be.

My one complaint with the episode is the lack of gore. (I know how immature that sounds) When Heinkel grabbed Kimblee's throut, it jipped us out. I know they couldn't make it too violent. But I mean...come on. I wanted to watch Kimblee go DOWN.
and the other complaint, as Katya Martin mentioned above me, is the way they animated Pride omnomnom Kimblee. It would have been so pefect and scary if they had done it like the manga panel. They could have done so much with light contrast and creepy-ness. (the scene still had a creepy vibe to it, especially kKimblee struggeling to breathe) It just could have been done better.

So that's the complaints. But the scenes were still pretty well done. They just could have been better.

I actually really liked rain being thrown into it. At first I was like "Hmm....." and by the end it seemed perfect.

Oh and HECK YES MUSTANG TIEM
Animeoldtimer
I liked the episode. I'm actually glad Kimblee didn't go out with a bang. That's what he would have wanted and after all he did he doesn't deserve to get what he wants. I think that scene played out very closely to the manga and was done well. To me, when I first read this scene in the manga, I was surprised he didn't go out in a bigger way, but then I thought he got what he deserved.

As for the song in the middle of the battle, I thought it was weird.
zonkiethegreat
Overall this episode bored me for some reason, and I really REALLY disliked having the OP song inserted into those fight scenes! WTF was that all about??? Eeeehhh....I just wasn't feeling this ep.

Can't wait for the next one! biggrin.gif
Vicious74
QUOTE (penguintruth @ Apr 11 2010, 09:35 AM) *
Looks like we'll get Roy Rage next week! Should be fun. Stupid, unnecessary, wasteful, but fun.

Kinda like your posts, then?
Bag of Magic Food
Ooh, BURNSLAM.
Vagrant
I liked the music (although using the vocal track was like whaaat?) and the action.
Also, for some reason, Kimblee's breathing at the end sounded really...Right.

More manga-related but I still think Sloth's power being speed is genius.

I didn't like them making Ed with a spear versus the zombies a slideshow instead of actual animation. But I guess it's censorshippy.

But yeah, I have yet to re-read the manga so I fully expect to be angry about it.

Sort of looking forward to next weeks. I hope they make the burnination as cathartic as it was in the manga. But it's still going to contain the plot point I hate. >_<
Vlyse
-Al vs Pride and Kimblee was the highlight of the episode for me.
-Nice surprise use of "Rain", I found it to sync really well (and all the fights transitioned well too) actually and improved Olivier's moving (?) eyes when Alex saved her yet again, one of the few times she blatantly shows any sign of affection for her brother.
-Central soldiers are kinda dumb - looking for an "Ice Cream" truck when there's a Flame ALCHEMIST on the other team and pointing guns at the Armstrongs.
-The BGM track when Kimblee ate Pride - has that been on an OST yet? I only remember hearing it when Winry picked up that gun.
-End of the episode seemed abrupt.
-I don't like how Envy looks in the preview. Next week's set of episodes (10 & 53) will go together really well.
Vicious74
QUOTE (Vlyse @ Apr 12 2010, 12:53 PM) *
-I don't like how Envy looks in the preview.

Me neither, but probably for a very different reason.

Go take a look at Envy's transformation in episode 43. Now take another look at Envy in the preview for 53.

Reused animation, much? Screw you Bones, how lazy can you get?
A Pierrot's Aria
I liked this episode; the animation was great. However, the art looked really weird in some places. xD
The zombie dolls just scare the crap out of me, things that are dead should stay dead. Same with Sloth- his speed was freaky; if something was coming towards me at that speed, you wouldn't see me for dust because I'd be straight out the door. xD

I felt like I couldn't breathe when Kimbley was struggling for breath; it sounded so painful and it sent shivers down my spine.

The music was also really good--adding Rain was a little weird, but it wasn't entirely unfitting.

Also, Mustang's entrance was win. Even when my sister walked in she was like "YEAH! GO MUSTANG!" xD
Broken Chouchou
As I've already mentioned, I haven't read this part of the manga, so didn't know how things would play out dead on, which was a nice change. Slightly mixed feelings about this episode though, to be honest. It was pretty good, but in comparison to last weeks, which slightly much blew me away, it was a minor letdown. Animation was overall more consistent here, but the music was not used as well at all.

Some comments:

- I liked the fight against Pride and Kimbley. Alphonse handled himself pretty well out there, both in terms of wooping some butt, and also of course in looking awesome while doing it. Both the sword sequence and the dragon transmutation were pretty neat, I especially found the angles of the latter to be damn cool.

- Yoki saving the day, I really felt his bravery tongue.gif While it was lolful, it was still epic, and a little moving in a way, no one had expected him to come out there. But he did.

- Kimbley getting bitten was lacking on impact for me, could have been much, much better. But the scene afterwards, where he is lying in pain on the ground, struggling for breath, almost made up for it. Pride eating him was definitely creepy and disturbing enough in my opinion.

- But really, despite some pretty good scenes on Al and co's part, Olivier and Alex owned this episode. The Opening song did not feel right for me, while Ed was fighting zombies. The scene itself wasn't powerful or emotional in any way. So I thought that was lame. But then it transitioned to Alex and Olivier, the former being all noble in a moment of epic heroicness. HERE the song fitted, accompanying - or even enhancing - the scene very well. Quite nice.

- About the zombies, I really feel they missed out on some "scariness" potential. They don't really feel like that much of a big deal, and they're not treated as one either, by neither directors or characters. Not until towards the end of the episode, anyway. Also, why is there no gore? I felt this goes for Heinkel snogging with Kimbley as well, snd some Sloth parts. This show has already shown it can be more brutal than the manga, so why the timidness now?

- Mustang's entrance to the scene was good. But the ending of the episode was a bit awkward.
Vlyse
QUOTE (Vicious74 @ Apr 12 2010, 09:45 AM) *
QUOTE (Vlyse @ Apr 12 2010, 12:53 PM) *
-I don't like how Envy looks in the preview.

Me neither, but probably for a very different reason.

Go take a look at Envy's transformation in episode 43. Now take another look at Envy in the preview for 53.

Reused animation, much? Screw you Bones, how lazy can you get?

Yeah, I had noticed. I didn't like how he looked back then, either.
deet-tastic
I absolutely love the fact that 10 and 53 will be paired together. It's like it was planned from the beginning.
A Pierrot's Aria
^I'd imagine that it was all planned from the beginning. biggrin.gif

And I also can't wait 'til next episode-- I've been looking forward to it for a while now!

And as for the issue of gore in this episode...I feel I'm the only lightweight who thought it was okay as it was. LOL''
Kasumisty
There might have been a little more of gore, but not that it was absent. I loved how Sloth regenerated his arm with bones and such. There was a lot of detail in this one.
deet-tastic
I noticed the lack of gore as well.
(The violence addicted side of me is hoping the DVD will be more graphic, and that this episode was just TV censored)
hawkflame
An excellent episode, not a lot to complain about, really.

A lot of great moments here- Al vs. Pride and Kimblee, Yoki's Crowning Moment of Awesome, Alex going all out against Sloth, etc.

But no one's yet mentioned my favorite moment- when Olivier's on the ground, and the Central troops bust in, under orders that she be shot on sight. Then the homunculus army breaks in, the troops have no idea what's going on, and she grabs the guy's gun hand and forces him to put the barrel of the pistol right up against her forehead and commands him to basically grow a pair and make a choice one way or the other.

Now -that- was badass, and even a slight improvement on the manga version, where she simply leaned her head up to the gun.
Vagrant
Personally, I thought the manga version was better. Grabbing the gun is the kind of thing that makes someone shoot you, especially in a tense situation.

I did like the added detail on Sloth's regrowing arm, as Kasumisty said.
deet-tastic
Hawkflame, I absolutely love that scene. And her.
I think everyone just assumed everyone loved it and no word needed to be said ;D
Broken Chouchou
QUOTE (deet-tastic @ Apr 13 2010, 02:09 AM) *
I noticed the lack of gore as well.
(The violence addicted side of me is hoping the DVD will be more graphic, and that this episode was just TV censored)

Second that. But somehow I don't really believe that's the case.
Vlyse
Random note while watching Funi's sub.. I think Kimblee's "DOCTOR MARCOH!" finally makes sense to me.

He was originally sent to find Marcoh and finds him right as he's dying. Right? laugh.gif
Tian Ai
Personally, I thought the manga version was better. Grabbing the gun is the kind of thing that makes someone shoot you, especially in a tense situation.

I agree; even for Olivier, it's a bit of a stretch. Then again, Central military people are pussies =P

-Central soldiers are kinda dumb - looking for an "Ice Cream" truck when there's a Flame ALCHEMIST on the other team and pointing guns at the Armstrongs.

Exactly - they said Central's army ruins everything wherever they go, right? They haven't had experience with putting down riots and such in... like, ever.

By the way, do episodes come out on Saturdays?
Mr. Deathy
By the way, do episodes come out on Saturdays?

That answer is all over this forum, but I guess a response wont hurt.

Episodes air at 5pm on Sunday in Japan, Japan's time zone being GMT + 9.

Disasterpiece
Basically, expect a sub on Sunday night or the next 2 days
Bag of Magic Food
QUOTE (Tian Ai @ Apr 15 2010, 04:48 PM) *

Exactly - they said Central's army ruins everything wherever they go, right? They haven't had experience with putting down riots and such in... like, ever.

If episode 8 of the first series had happened in this continuity, I think they would have gone ahead and stopped the truck for an inspection this time. sleep.gif
Kyelinn
I was kind of disappointed in this episode. Tbh, I found it to be rather...I dunno. I just didn't really get into this one the way I do the others. One thing really annoyed me and that's those damned Central soldiers. They're so STUPID! O_O I mean c'mon! Pointing guns at the Armstrongs? I seriously facepalmed when they all ran out there with their little guns threatening to kill Olivier. I mean there were a few things that were well done, but it was better in the manga in my opinion anyway. I did like the way Kimblee was struggling to breathe after being mutilated. The Al vs Pride vs Kimblee fight was pretty cool too, but Pride eating Kimblee was seriously disturbing. Pride is just one seriously effed up character. He creeps me out. I liked when Roy blasted through all those zombie things at the end of the episode to give Ed and co. a hand. That was pretty cool too. Also, Bones, seriously...stop re-using animation. Quit being lazy...honestly. Envy's big form freaks me out everytime though, I must admit that. Though I'll say it freaked me out more in the manga when I first saw it. But yeah, it was an okay episode.
Mr. Deathy
Also, Bones, seriously...stop re-using animation. Quit being lazy...honestly

It hasn't happened often in this show I can think of?

Most shows don't have nearly as many intense action scenes in their last 15 episodes or so as Brotherhood will have. Realistically, budget wise, it's impossible to expect that every single episode has top notch new animation.

I'd rather them reuse a few frames for an unimportant scene than go into absolute slideshow mode (like in the clone scenes in this ep).

Remember that animation is an expensive business and the only way it really pays off is if DVD sales end up being fantastic.
Billea_the_Turtle
-Hmmm animation seems a little off in the first two minutes or so
-The first part of this episode seems like a thesis to why Alphonse is awesome
-Ooooh the "three choices" speech
-Of course Olivier and Alex are being totally awesome this episode
-So you go into a room that has Olivier, Sloth, and Alex in it and the first you notice is Olivier? Real observant Central troops
-WOOT! Go Heinkel! Glad he got an eyecatch
-Why are you looking for an ice cream truck when there's a Flame ALCHEMIST? Central troops, you just fail right now
-Wasn't it Jelso (the toad) who got his neck bitten in the manga instead of Darius?
-The fights are transitioning really well
-Hmmm nice use of "Rain" I think it fit really well with the Armstrong/Sloth fight
-And how exactly did Alex get between Sloth and Olivier in time?
-There is gore lacking in this episode. It all seems a little too clean
-LOL Yoki
-Kimblee getting eaten... It was creepy. Must be the music that was playing
-Isn't grabbing someone's gun going to make them shoot you, Olivier?
-Mei, you're in this episode?
-Ending seemed abrupt

Oooooh... Next week: Envy flamerape. That episode better be animated like top notch Bones, or at least look pretty....
Bag of Magic Food
QUOTE (theanimalmafia @ Apr 16 2010, 09:08 PM) *
So you go into a room that has Olivier, Sloth, and Alex in it and the first you notice is Olivier? Real observant Central troops

Who cares what our faithful musclemen are doing? Catch the traitor first!

Why are you looking for an ice cream truck when there's a Flame ALCHEMIST? Central troops, you just fail right now

And see, this is why it would have been great if the original Barry the Chopper incident had gone like in the first anime. Then the exchange might have been more like: "It was an ice cream truck, right?" "Yeah, but do you remember the last time someone let a meat truck pass through unchecked? Shoot, that thing's got tiny rectangles all over it! That's way suspicious!"

And how exactly did Alex get between Sloth and Olivier in time?

Um... Maybe superspeed is Alex's superpower too? Hey, he did say you have to be quick to dodge his alchemy.

Next week: Envy flamerape.

You know, this is going to be one of those things, like Pride's secret identity, that will never be a surprise to viewers who discuss the show online due to manga fans who can't stop blabbing about it.
penguintruth
I guess it's no surprise to anyone, but my favorite part of the episode was definitely the Armstrong siblings versus Sloth.

I think it's neat that Sloth is the fastest homunculi. He's "Sloth" because he wastes his potential by being lazy. It fits so well, much better than Water Mommy from the first series (though she was pretty awesome herself).

Nice to see Olivier and Alex get along somewhat, though they're bickering even in this situation.

Olivier~<3

Ugh, but I'm sort of dreading the next episode. Not that seeing Envy in pain isn't a good thing, but I never liked that fight because it cheapens Marcoh's accomplishment and Roy has it so easy.

Anyway, my full review of this episode is up on my blog!
Flamez_Freak
QUOTE (theanimalmafia @ Apr 17 2010, 08:38 AM) *
-Isn't grabbing someone's gun going to make them shoot you, Olivier?

doesnt that make the scene more dramatic too....i felt it was done better here than in the manga......
Disasterpiece
oy oy oy nitpicking already o_o

--

HOOLY crap that was a great episode. The fight sequence between Pride and Alphonse was very well done. The fight with Sloth and the Armstrongs was very suspenseful. Who but Louis laugh.gif

And philosopher stone doll zombie attack! Reminds me of the necromorphs in Dead Space happy.gif
Flamez_Freak
My thoughts about this episode . .
This episode took me by surprise to be honest , it started of so quickly , it took me some time to get used to . The artwork looked weird at places , but i think it was done on purpose to give the action more fluidity . . The animation was top notch . . . As usual . . . . Al had his opportunity to shine , and that helicopter shot of pride was breathtaking . . . I'm gonna miss kimblee . . Big time sad.gif . . . And yoki . . Ha ha ha . So funny . . . Al's reaction to yoki's presence was priceless . . Ha ha . .

The armstrong siblings are an awesome team , and although they didn't look in good shape . They did manage to peg sloth back , a little . .

The doll scene is just , character development , nothin else , and sets up the next episode nicely . .

So do the scenes involving may and envy . . . Pretty good smile.gif

the transition from one fight to another was nice , and the way the op was used , was a masterstroke . . . Nice again smile.gif smile.gif

all in all , an awesomely awesome episode , wit the right amount of drama , fun and huge amount of action . . Fma brotherhood is easily the best show for quite some time smile.gif
and last but not the least , the preview looked awesome . . The animation was screaming epic . . Can't wait smile.gif smile.gif
MsLinn
^Agree! The helicopter shot, as you called it, of Pride was gorgeous!! Don't know why, but I thought it was!
The close-up on Kimblee's mouth when he showed his PS was really nice too!

(Rant about Al's hands moved too Character Design. *is afraid the mods will come after me*)

I love when Kimblee throws up rocks to hear where Al is! It's so smart! Gosh! (He should look a bit more dirty, though, IMO.)
I don't mind the gore-censoring, though. Just look at the last panel! Ugh! I'm quite happy I didn't have to see that animated.

I thought the OP-insert was nice. The melody was maybe a bit too cheerfull, but it made me not see that the fight had a lot of Dynamic Stillframes. I felt really sorry for Ed, as he doesn't like this kind of thing. He's just a kid and has a vulnerable heart. He still value souls very high. Nice to see he pulled through and didn't freak or mope out.
The cheerfullness did NOT on the other hand feel out of place when they switched to the Armstrong's fight!! Then it was Crowning Music of Awesome!!

(Haha, lol. When May kicks the first doll, there's a questionmark!)

I just realised the title for the episode (and chapter) is beautiful <3 Combined strength. The whole episode was just about that. Teamwork. Lovely wub.gif

(I have disappionted myself. sad.gif Epic fail. I mixed up the first anime, where A. Armstrong is in the north, I think, and betrays the military/don't follow order, with the manga. I have been sitting here, waiting for it to happen, because I've only read these last 30 chapters once, and seen the first anime once, both a year ago so my memory was blurry. But still, how could I? ;_;)
Michiyo-
Please add FMA:B English dubbed episode 52 (on CN on Adult Swim) talk-back/discussions here. smile.gif

FMA:B will air 1:00 AM - 1: 30 AM and 5:00 AM - 5:30 AM eastern time. smile.gif
Tombow
For anyone who missed this episode, it will be on again tonight on Adult Swim (U.S.)
They have one hour of FMA:Brotherhood tonight, first episode 51, and then directly followed by this episode. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.