Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pokemon Black & Pokemon White
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Game
Pages: 1, 2
Meitantei Conan
Pokemon Black and White are the new titles of the 5th Gen of the RPG Pokemon series.
The game is set to be release in Fall of 2010 in Japan
More information will be on 4/15 at the Official site.
Official website here: http://www.pokemon.co.jp/bw/index.html
Popogeejo
Special edition with either be Pokemon grey scale or pokmemonotone.
Forsaken Love
woah lulz, more pokemon games XD i really hope gen 5 is better than gen4 was though, i personally thought the new pokemon in diamond and pearl were crap. The starters were so unimaginitive, in fact neally all the new designs were and barely any were completly new pkm, neally all of them were weird evoloutions of allready existin pkm or legendarys and there were was such a shortage on fire types. Also with all the new pkm the point of the game 'to catch em all' becomes less and less practical and enjoyable. I will be buying this anyway simply because its a pokemon game and I'll be interested to see it, but I'm not expectin much, never the less thanks for this infomation!
Popogeejo
I dunno, I liked the penguin and the tortoise thing.
Little Washu
QUOTE (Popogeejo @ Apr 10 2010, 02:04 PM) *
I dunno, I liked the penguin and the tortoise thing.

I always like a new eeveelution as well~ Some of the new ones are cute... Jhoto was my personal favorite region of Pokemon and all~
penguintruth
DPP (Gen 4) was a much better generation of Pokemon games than RSE (Gen 3). It had great starters and Lucario. Though I will admit that it went a little too far with the number of "legendary" Pokemon.

I think at this point it would be best for them to stop making new Pokemon and just make a Pokemon game that covers all areas of the previous games and all Pokemon from them.
Popogeejo
And no trade evolutions, darn it! Those are a pain to get when your friends don't play the pokeymans.

I'm wondering where else they can go for legendaries. They've covered various elements, time (twice) and space.
The four forces: Weak and Strong nuclear force, Electromagnetic and Gravity? Life and Death? Just give me Mewtwo and New back.
Katya Martin
QUOTE (penguintruth @ Apr 13 2010, 03:13 PM) *
I think at this point it would be best for them to stop making new Pokemon and just make a Pokemon game that covers all areas of the previous games and all Pokemon from them.

Seconded. That would be pretty darn cool. And they're running out of things to do with the franchise, I think... and if they absolutely must continue to milk the cash cow, they could make part of it an MMO. An epic, multi-region-spanning, well-written entry would be a good last hurrah for the series, I think...

Of course, they're not going to stop. Someday when I've got nieces and nephews I'll tell them that I remember when Pokemon wasn't around, and they'll think I'm some sort of dinosaur... xD

Legendaries: I think the four fundamental forces would probably go over the heads of many players, so that's unlikely... chaos and order maybe? Or did they do that, too, and I'm just not remembering? But yeah... they are running out.
Forsaken Love
*nod* they should quit makin new ones, its practically impossible to catch em all now, and all these legendarys are annoying, unfortunatly though, there will be new pokemon in this generation XD Allthough that dark fox thing is the only official one to be anouced i think
IceSkadi
Frankly I didn't like gen 4 at all. The pokemon design was hideous imo, no more true references to real animals, no more really epic legendaries, a plethora of strange robot-like pokemons. There were exceptions, but most of them were just...meh.

I don't know how I feel about this new one. The fox one that they've showed seems another poorly attempt to make happy all those that like the dark-canine pokemon type.
Forsaken Love
^ I agree 100% with a few acceptions, like er i can't remember what it was called, but that electric lion type one in gen4 i thought was pretty good, but neally all the gen4 pokemon were really ugly and unimaginitive and I hate all these weird robot type >_< Startin from gen3 I think all the legendarys have sucked aswell, they're all weird and metallicy
KyuubiKitsune
three starters and the main characters revealed
http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml
xD
i like them but it seems that the water otter doesn't get much love xD
i bet that its final evolution will be the coolest xD
fmaexpert
i agree on having to stop making pokemon games. they're stating to run out of ideas. that was evident in diamond n pearl. no offense to anyone hu liked d n p, but i hated it. it didnt have that creative touch anymore.
that n what r they gonna about legedarys? nintendo alrdy made up every legendary theyre could b from elements to the creator of the fricken universe. i don't see how they will pass that.
Little Washu
QUOTE (KyuubiKitsune @ May 13 2010, 03:33 PM) *
three starters and the main characters revealed
http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml
xD
i like them but it seems that the water otter doesn't get much love xD
i bet that its final evolution will be the coolest xD

I like them, they're cute~

The new trainers though, I like the male. I would like the female better if she didn't have that baseball cap lol

Broken Chouchou
I like the female trainer better than the male.

Starters though... well commenting feels redundant.
Ama-ri
I'm happy that B/W are games for the NDS again, btw (I don't want to buy a new console, since the only games I'm playing are pokemon games...)
the starters, well. Uh. The water thing is weird. I'll probably choose the pig. xD But I'll wait for the evolutions. I hope those aren't as ugly as the ones from RSE

Am I the only one who thinks, that D/P/Pt were awesome? Seriously, the gameplay improved so much, it was really fun to play. On the contrary it took me almost a year to play the Ruby edition. Hoenn was SO boring. The pokemon were ugly, no really awesome ones. Besides Absol. For me, at least.

DPPT had a buch of great new pokemon (Luxray, Mismagius, Lucario, Hipopotas, Togekiss, Leafeon, Glaceon and more.), however a buch of ugly ones as well.

The Sinnoh region was great. The Storyline was much more interesting than the story of the previous games (as much as I love the Johto games, they have almost no story. seriously. That was a bit of a letdown when I played SoulSilver (though they improved the story a bit compared to G/S/C)) And it keeps you occupied very long even with the bonus island after the league.

But I agree, I really want a Game with access to all regions. There was a rumor about having access to the Sinnoh region in HGSS that made me totally anticipating the games, however 10 minutes later I found out it was a troll x/
Forsaken Love
my friend sent me those starter pics a few days ago, and my first reaction was oooooh dear, seriously they look rubbish, for the first time ever, I think I'm gonna spoil myself and look at the final evoloutions to make a descion on which to pick, because none of them stand out to me atm, as for the new trainers, the boy looks fine but i don't like the design of the girl XD
penguintruth
Generation 4 was a lot better than the third. I thought it was at least on par with the original generation of games, even if it wasn't as good as Generation 2 (the best one!). And the starters for DP were excellent, and probably better than Gen 2's.

But these BW starters don't look very promising at all. Still, it's just their first form. Their second and third forms might be awesome.
Little Washu
I didn't like many of the gen 4. Granted, 3 weren't so much better, but Pokemon like mightyana, rayquaza, or skitty, were awesome.

I think gen 2 had the best overall though. The starters were adorable, and weren't all completely male directed (all the others seems so ugly compared to the Jhoto ones, chikorita especially <3)

But these new ones are adorable, I love them~ The lil otter and lizard are so cuddly looking >w<

What I'm hoping for most are some new eeveelutions in this new one. I think a ghost one would be nice, or even a flying type~

I also like Zorua. Zoroark is kind of ugly, but Zorua is so cute~
Broken Chouchou
From the recent Japanese commercial: http://pici.se/pictures/LBrAudMrJ.jpg

And there was lol. Sneaky bastards.
Little Washu
^Lol...

These new starters are too cute <3

Broken Chouchou
Actually, the more I look at them, the less horrible they look ^^ (and yes, that animation is pretty adorable)
Ama-ri
you can't hate them anymore after you've seen this: http://zhampy.deviantart.com/art/i-faaaailed-163916398
=D
lunneth
lol @washu

i don't think i could imagine a flying eevee XD. a ghost one mgiht be cool though

is it just me or does the new leaf one look like a leaf version of cindaquil? can't say recent fire or water pkm have pleased me. especially in diamond and pearl.
Broken Chouchou
Okay, this is laaaate and people probably know about it already, but I just found out myself.

Main legendaries of Black/White, which will figure on the box art:

And here are the covers:

The black one is called Zekrom and the white Reshiram. I think they look pretty cool. Like Zekrom the best.
Little Washu
I like Reshiram. Although, I can't help but smirk when I see it, due to it's unfortunate shape...
Forsaken Love
^ hahaha XD agreed! Still gonna get Black though
Broken Chouchou
You guys have dirty minds, I didn't see that until you... pointed... it out.

I like Zekrom better, it looks like a Metal Gear :9

Not too sure I'll be getting any of these games though, depends a lot on whether story or gameplay will have had any changes at all. I know story has never been the selling point of Pokémon games, but now that I'm older (and have grown somewhat intellectually - I hope at least) I find it hard to get motivated by the same simple things I did when I was younger. I need a driving force other than catching all the Pokémons and leveling them up if I'm to play the whole game through. It is for this reason my SoulSilver lies neglected on a shelf, unfinished. The motivation the game gives you for continuing to play it feels pretty weak.

Implementing a more developed story shouldn't be all that hard really. But since that's not what these games are going for...

Perhaps having a whole new world to stroll around in, discovering new places, things and new Pokémon - something I didn't really get to experience while playing the Silver remake - will awaken the joy for adventure and exploration, and that in turn might help keep my attention. But I'm not counting on it.
Little Washu
QUOTE (Forsaken Love @ Jun 5 2010, 09:46 AM) *
^ hahaha XD agreed! Still gonna get Black though

You don't seem to understand. The white Pokemon is the black version mascot, and the black Pokemon is the white version mascot.

If you like the black Pokemon, you get white version. If you like the white Pokemon, you get black version. Does it make sense? Not really. Why do it? Their attempt at trying something different most likely.
Forsaken Love
^ yes I do understand, I'm still going to get black even though it's mascot has said 'unfortunate shape' lol, I decided to get black before the mascots were even annouced
lightning_rook
I like the white one best as well... Which is funny as I'm normally more inclined to the dark ominous-looking stuff. ^^
Little Washu
The black one reminds me of some kind of robotic dinosaur lol.
Forsaken Love
some more pokemon have been annouced http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml The chinchilla one looks kinda cute, and the zebra is allright, the rest are...mmm I don't like them at all XD The art style of pokemon these days seems to bare little resemblence to the old ones, I personally don't like the new art but I guess we'll see, and also it's getting so monotonous having to catch ALL the pokemon from the last generations all over again the moment a new game comes out, I think it would be more fun if we just had to complete one dex again, or maybe complete the 5th generation dex before the national could be unlocked or something, currently in Heartgold im not interested in the national at all atm, I'm working to complete the 1st and 2nd gen and doin a pretty good job, about 40 to gooooo,
Broken Chouchou
"Gear"? Lol?
Little Washu
QUOTE (Broken Chouchou @ Jun 13 2010, 02:26 PM) *
"Gear"? Lol?

It's so unoriginal that it's hysterically unique~
Icygirl
Starters dissapointed me a little, and I´m not such a fan of the whole new 3d thingy while walking and stuff. Seems kinda annoying but I´ll play it anyway. laugh.gif It´s to easy to get hooked up on Pokemon games.
Pyroclasm
These new Pokemon games look quite good to me. I've yet to get attached to any of the Pokemon though. The starters especially. I hope their evolutions look better than they do.
Broken Chouchou
So release is September 18 in Japan, and sometime in spring 2011 over here (for me anyway) in the west (no date yet).
KyuubiKitsune
Here's a vid
http://www.filb.de/1331

is that green haired guy the rival? he looks kinda...weird. ehh reminds me of some filler guy from naruto. lol he has black and white clothes.

and cutscenes? in pokemon? yeaah!
Sketchy
They look...interesting to say the least. I mean, have they run out of colors?
methuselah.alchemist
I'm so freakin excited for these games. Just preordered my Black a couple days ago, and already have my Shiny Dogs and Celebi ready for when it gets here next month. >w<

I really love the designs of almost all of the 5th Gen pokes revealed so far, especially Zorua/Zoroark, the starters, and the legendaries. Reshiram is just epically beautiful, and finally the type combo I've been waiting forever for. I'm starting out with Pokabu cuz I always go Fire, and that little piggy is too cute. Gonna name him BKN8R. :3
Pyroclasm
Man, it won't be long until these games are released in Japan! Seems like only yesterday I first heard about them... I can't wait for the info flood that's going to come with the Japanese release!
Little Washu
So the new Pokemon have come out, there are 156 of them <3

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml

Iiiiii like them

EDIT: working link
http://pokebeach.com/news/0910/black-white...kemon/list.html
Pyroclasm
Overall, I'm pretty satisfied with this generation from what I've seen. Some of the Pokemon look a little derpy (they almost make it look like they hired Baro for the design team), but there are still a heap of good ones. I LOVE Denchura, I'm going to put one of those on my team. Shanderaa as well. And Kojondo looks kinda cool, that will do for my fighting type. And I still love Wargle. I'm not sure which Dragon type I'll pick, I like both Ononokusu and Sazando. I think I'll dump my starter Pokemon in a box for the first time ever in favour of other, cooler Pokemon.
Little Washu
I love a large portions of these new ones <3 Lots of new grass types 8S

*CAN'T HIDE IMAGES IN SPOILER TAGS, SO DON'T LOOK IF YOU DON'T WANNA BE SPOILED LOL

Let's see... my faves would be:
and it's pre-evolution (A mate for my mightyena <3)
Dislike it's pre-evolution, but this is too cute <3
HNNNNNGGGGG <3
Grass sheep!!
Pretty <3
Aw <3
Looks like final Shaymin evo :3

:3
Pyroclasm
I've already pretty much decided what I'm going to have on my team:
SPOILER POKEMON PICTURES!

Kojondo. Awesome fighting type.
Archaeos. Rock/Flying. Wicked stats. Its ability could be a problem though...
Chandelar. Fire/Ghost = cool type combo. Also, awesome Special Attack stat.
Sazando. Part dark three headed dragon. It's just begging to be called Trinexx.
Dentula. Electric spider = cool.

I'm a bit unsure what my final Pokemon should be though... I've narrowed it down to four:
Freezio. I love Ice types, and this is the only Ice type I sort of like from this gen.
Daikenki. I figure I might need a water type on the team
Doredia. This = adorable. I want one.
Iront. Iron ant. Bug/Steel. Awesome.

And I think Washibon is just the cutest thing.
:3
Razzy
I thought the first 20 or so BW Pokemon released were actually pretty cool-looking. But now I think they've completely run out of ideas. Banipucchi and its evolutions... are ice cream. WUT. o.o
I also think Giaru's evolutions look a little ridiculous/unimaginative.

Mijumaru's final evolution looked like a fake at first. It just didn't make sense that something like an otter would evolve into a sea lion-unicorn hybrid. I just won't evolve Futachimaru, or I'll pick Tsutaja as my starter. laugh.gif

I just think most of these Pokemon seem to be of the quality of fake Pokemon. They look weird. But that's just my opinion. XD

Though I do like Desukan, Chillarmy, Rankurusu, Tabunne, and that Lady Gaga-ish Pokemon. At first I lol'ed at Ranpurra and Shanderaa (obviously NOT based off of a lamp and a chandelier, right? XD), but they still look pretty cool. They remind me of Drifloon/Drifblim.

Oh, and Emonga. ADORABLE! <3 I'm definitely adding it to my team. I love electric types.

They also seem to have a lot of Flying Pokemon, which is good.

I'm still gonna buy the game. It looks awesome! biggrin.gif
Little Washu
I LOVE that they look nothing like Pokemon <3

This game was stated to be completely different from the others, so it was expected. And, honestly, Pokemon ACTUALLY LOOKING like Pokemon was getting waaaaay old and boring. These are new and different, and finally a step in the right direction <3 They're finally not carbon copies of the others like gen 3 and 4! Yay!
Forsaken Love
the new pokemon are okay...but most of them I think are pretty unimaginitive, and my greatest annoyance is the lack of decent fire pokemon AGAIN, i mean since gen4 had like none, i thought gen5 would be crawling with really cool fire pokemon and once again theres barely any, and the few they have look really lame. I'm also dissopointed that Emonga doesnt have an evoloution cause I thought it looked really cute and I wanted it on my team but it looks weak :/ I will personally be chosing the water type as my starter cause I think it has the best lookin final evo, allthough the grass one also looks pretty good, the fire one looks awful. One of my fav new pokemon is that dark cat, so cute!
Little Washu
QUOTE (Forsaken Love @ Sep 18 2010, 03:02 PM) *
the new pokemon are okay...but most of them I think are pretty unimaginitive, and my greatest annoyance is the lack of decent fire pokemon AGAIN, i mean since gen4 had like none, i thought gen5 would be crawling with really cool fire pokemon and once again theres barely any, and the few they have look really lame. I'm also dissopointed that Emonga doesnt have an evoloution cause I thought it looked really cute and I wanted it on my team but it looks weak :/ I will personally be chosing the water type as my starter cause I think it has the best lookin final evo, allthough the grass one also looks pretty good, the fire one looks awful. One of my fav new pokemon is that dark cat, so cute!

There are far too many fire Pokemon anyway. This gen had a lot of good grass types, which is great, because there were never many good grass types.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.