Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pokemon Black & Pokemon White
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Game
Pages: 1, 2
Pyroclasm
I was more disappointed by this gen's Water type Pokemon. The fire types may not all look cool, (I still think Hihidaruma looks creepy) but most of them have decent stats. (Except for Emboar... I still don't like that.) I'm disappointed in the choice of psychic types as well... Well, I suppose my problem is that I prefer speedy Pokemon. But there are good bug and grass types.

I like the design of this gen's Pokemon. It feels different, and new, which is what they were aiming for. And I've heard that this game is more plot-driven than previous games, so I'm happy about that.
Forsaken Love
QUOTE (Little Washu @ Sep 18 2010, 08:43 PM) *
QUOTE (Forsaken Love @ Sep 18 2010, 03:02 PM) *
the new pokemon are okay...but most of them I think are pretty unimaginitive, and my greatest annoyance is the lack of decent fire pokemon AGAIN, i mean since gen4 had like none, i thought gen5 would be crawling with really cool fire pokemon and once again theres barely any, and the few they have look really lame. I'm also dissopointed that Emonga doesnt have an evoloution cause I thought it looked really cute and I wanted it on my team but it looks weak :/ I will personally be chosing the water type as my starter cause I think it has the best lookin final evo, allthough the grass one also looks pretty good, the fire one looks awful. One of my fav new pokemon is that dark cat, so cute!

There are far too many fire Pokemon anyway. This gen had a lot of good grass types, which is great, because there were never many good grass types.

yes well that may be (even though i disagree, there havnt been any decent fires since gen 2 imo) but gen 5 is excluding all other generation pokemon till after the main game is complete i belive, and therefore we don't have the option of any other fire pokemon accept the new ones that are given to us, I therefore think the games mons look very imballanced in terms of types, not just the fire to grass ratio but other types aswell
Little Washu
QUOTE (Forsaken Love @ Sep 19 2010, 03:45 PM) *
yes well that may be (even though i disagree, there havnt been any decent fires since gen 2 imo) but gen 5 is excluding all other generation pokemon till after the main game is complete i belive, and therefore we don't have the option of any other fire pokemon accept the new ones that are given to us, I therefore think the games mons look very imballanced in terms of types, not just the fire to grass ratio but other types aswell

Deal with it, or don't play it.
Meitantei Conan
Sucks for people that want to import it and only has a DSi xD.
I am not importing this one. I wanted to, but nah. I'll wait till spring. :3
Forsaken Love
QUOTE (Little Washu @ Sep 19 2010, 10:57 PM) *
QUOTE (Forsaken Love @ Sep 19 2010, 03:45 PM) *

Deal with it, or don't play it.

lol okay! geez all i said was that i was a little dissopointed! No need for that kinda reaction, isn't this thread for all opinions? It's not like I was badmouthing the games, I was just making a point!
black~hayate
I already started playing a little. Didn't import it...
The game looks really cool. The new pokes are okay. Reshiram looks so cool, so I started to play black.
Pyroclasm
QUOTE (Meitantei Conan @ Sep 20 2010, 07:00 PM) *

I'm not going to import the game. I'll wait for the English version, so I can actually read what's being said.
Little Washu
QUOTE (Pyroclasm @ Sep 20 2010, 11:24 PM) *

I'm not going to import the game. I'll wait for the English version, so I can actually read what's being said.

Most people don't import for the story, actually, but to experience and experiment with the gameplay. To be honest, I was tempted to import it to play around with it.
Pyroclasm
QUOTE (Little Washu @ Oct 4 2010, 12:44 PM) *
QUOTE (Pyroclasm @ Sep 20 2010, 11:24 PM) *

Most people don't import for the story, actually, but to experience and experiment with the gameplay. To be honest, I was tempted to import it to play around with it.

I do realise that. Personally, I just prefer to wait so I can enjoy all the aspects of the game at once.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.