Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chapter 106 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Kasumisty
First time FMA manga readers, please post your thoughts and discussions on chapter 106 here. smile.gif

For info on the "Reading Reference", go to page 13.

========================

Finally!

Chapter 106 Raw (with water mark) for download available on Raw Paradise, here.

Page-by-page view links to each of pages from the above raw (with large watermarks) kindly created and posted by Kasumisty here.

Page-by-page view album of chapter 106 raw (with no watermarks) on Baidu, kindly scanned and uploaded by hilary. (posted here by hilary)

Chapter translations:
Reference translations for chapter discussions, by Tombow (with page-bey-page view of raw pics) is posted here.
Translations for the MangaStreat version of scanlation, by HisshouBuraiKen is posted here.

Link to MangaStream version of scanlation for this chapter is posted by HissouBuraiken here

Preview pages!!
http://i42.tinypic.com/33092qc.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/t5fyg7.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/xapimo.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/5k10mf.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/29uyvra.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/b6a78z.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/11wa45d.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/ngzkt2.jpg

ETA: And, 5 more pages posted by hilary. smile.gif
QUOTE (hilary @ Apr 8 2010, 04:14 AM) *

Quick translations of these pages by Tombow is posted on page 2 of the thread, here.

...And I have to go now ;;

Enjoy.

<Last edited by Michiyo- on June 24, 2012>
mandymtt
WOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHhhhh.... Total mind f*k to Hoenheim it looks like!!!!! Of course Ed's arm has to explode again, of course it does. lol
ChaosRogue
ohmy.gif What the hell is going on...?!
Jealous Rogo
HOLY WOW THAT'S AWESOME

Looks like Ed takes down Pride, and we FINALLY see where his damn mark is? On the tiny featous baby that was inside his head... okay I expect the real explanation in the chapter will be better but still.

Looks like Ed still can't bring himself to kill either, and I like the fact Pride is looking back on his memories of his 'parents' and Kimblee just before he's defeated.

Also I've mentioned before that Arakawa seems to shy away from Pride recieving brutal injuries like the other Homunculus... I retract that
Dearheart
^^That's the question of the hour, lulz... xD

But OMG THE SPOILERSSSSSS!!!! Poor Hoho! (And poor Izumi! Good lord, Father's being downright CRUEL...) And what's up with Ed's automail...? Were they getting sucked into the gate? Are Ed and Al finally getting it all back?? Ed's limbs, too?? PLEEEAAASE LET IT BE SO!!!

Aww, Ed...I've always loved the way he treasures life, no matter how tiny it is.
<333

NEED MOAR SPOILERS NAO PLZ *bites nails*
StormGoddess
Can't understand japanese but OMG cute fetus is cute. But Pride needs to die. And why are those Xerxes people coming out of Father? Creepy. Also, I wonder what Roy and Riza were talking about. huh.gif

Thanks Kasumisty and Hilary! happy.gif
A Pierrot's Aria
Thanks for the pics! Don't quite understand what's going on yet, but it looks intense!
Thalogens
Thanks x infinite Kasumisty, and hilary D:

Roy seems to be holding his face quite a lot o.o Ahhhh, Riza is with him!

hgdgdggaraaaaaagggghhhhh, If only I knew what they were saying!!

D:
esk
thanks for the pics! Father is disgusting. And... poor Izumi.
Kasumisty
Thanks, Hilary biggrin.gif

I cannot comprehend wtf is going on with Ed and Pride. Not one bit.

And with Father, I guess he is releasing the souls of certain people inside him and transmuting bodies which are similiar to the ones they had in the past?

Btw, I will add to the topic spoiler alert, so we can post without spoiler tags.

EDIT: Raw-Paradise has uploaded a .zip version of this pages. Nothing new so far, though.
AzzieMusical
Oh wow! We really are coming up to the end!

That little baby inside Pride? OH FREAKING SHUDDER.

Thanks for the scans!
gretchen8642
QUOTE (Thalogens @ Apr 8 2010, 04:18 AM) *
Thanks x infinite Kasumisty, and hilary D:

Roy seems to be holding his face quite a lot o.o Ahhhh, Riza is with him!

hgdgdggaraaaaaagggghhhhh, If only I knew what they were saying!!

D:

quick translation of the roy part:
Roy: my eyes were damaged
izumi: (something along the lines of) we have to strike him now, I'm going after him!
later!
can't read what olivier and that dude say
Roy: Lieutenant... how is your injury?
Riza: (something like) It's still fine! Please worry about yourself! Your eyes...
Roy: Lieutenant
can you still fight?
Riza: yes!
Qashqai
QUOTE (gretchen8642 @ Apr 8 2010, 01:16 PM) *
quick translation of the roy part:
Roy: my eyes were damaged
izumi: (something along the lines of) we have to strike him now, I'm going after him!
later!
can't read what olivier and that dude say
Roy: Lieutenant... how is your injury?
Riza: (something like) It's still fine! Please worry about yourself! Your eyes...
Roy: Lieutenant
can you still fight?
Riza: yes!

Oh man, Roy and Riza are so cool 8D
I wanna see what will Greedling and Ranfan do with the philosopher's stone ;f
Anyway, I wonder if the next chapter will be the end of the fight, finally. Though, judging by the last page...
Miverel
Thanks for first spoiler pages! They look pretty awesome! Not to mention that Roy and Riza finally met each other! XD
Also huge thanks to gretchen8642 for quick translation! You're great help in the time of Royai need wink.gif
Cannot wait for more spoilers!

Michiyo-
Finally, thanks for the pics, Kasumisty and hilary! biggrin.gif
Wow, lots of things will happen in this chapter. Pride is defeated by Ed, Hohenheim has to face the old Xerxian people...
And Roy and Riza finally reunited!

Can't wait for the full chapter. The end is very near.
SneakyRuler
Thank you, Kasumisty and hilary! I couldn't resist and glanced at three or four pictures.

@hilary: Do you know how many pages long is this chapter?
Animeoldtimer
Wow! That's a lot to take in! But, I hope this chapter doesn't end with the sacrifices being pulled into the gate. But I think that's what's happening.

I especially felt bad for Izumi. But I'm glad to see Roy and Riza together.

I guess this is not necessary, but I just wanted to remind everyone that these pages are not in order so it won't make much sense. However, why is it that in the one picture Ed is grasping Pride's head with a flesh hand but in the other picture, as Pride is disintegrating, he has his automail? Oops! That's not Ed's hand it's Father's. He just looks a lot like Ed in that first pic where he grabs Pride.
hilary
QUOTE (SneakyRuler @ Apr 8 2010, 05:28 AM) *
Thank you, Kasumisty and hilary! I couldn't resist and glanced at three or four pictures.

@hilary: Do you know how many pages long is this chapter?

oh... i could only tell you the ans. in tomorrow or sat sad.gif
because I haven't buy GANGAN yet.. sorry for that sad.gif
Thalogens
Oh wow, thank you so much gretchen8642 for the quick translation!

biggrin.gif
Qashqai
QUOTE (Animeoldtimer @ Apr 8 2010, 03:02 PM) *
Oops! That's not Ed's hand it's Father's. He just looks a lot like Ed in that first pic where he grabs Pride.

I'm pretty sure it is Ed - he has shorter hair, bigger eyes and more childish face in general than Father does AND the most important part - HE HAS TEH ANTENNA. And on the next pages it's shown that he grabbed Pride's head with automail (right hand), but I don't understand what happened on the pages before that.
Tombow
Oh my, thank you, Kasumisty, and hilary! biggrin.gif

Let's see... I will add quick translations as my computer slowly load up the pages. ^^
As usual, this is just interim quick translations so that you guys get some idea of what's happening on these pages. My usual disclaimers apply, such as, please don't repost these with out this disclaimer; the final translations would probably vary from this as I would edit them once we get the whole chapter and I would know more of the contexts for these pages; hence, if you repost, try posting the link to this post rather than copy-pasting the current quick translations (the link to this post is: http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...&p=727854); and for the same reason, please don't use this in permanent form such as... scanlations, etc., etc. ^^

Roy reunites with Riza, Alex, Olivier...
Roy: "My eyes are damaged!"
Riza: ".......!!"
-----------------------------
Izumi: "I got to take down the ones up there!" "Bye!"
SFX: (The earthy arm formed by Izumi's alchemy) Emerge
Alex: "Ah?!!"
----------------------------
Olivier: "The enemies are up there?!"
Alex: "Shall we go there also?"
Roy: "Lieutenant........." "How is your injury?"
Riza: "Colonel!! You need to worry about yourself!! Your eyes..."
Roy: "Lieutenant,"
Roy: "Can you still fight?

Continuing page, also Greed reunites with RanFun & Scar
Riza: "Yes, sir!"
(Greed climbing on the wall)
Greed: "Yo," "Ho," "Ho."
---------------------------
(Greed sees Izumi carried up by "Earthy Arm Elevator" formed by her Alchemy)
SFX: Sound of "Earthy Arm Elevator" going upward
Greed: "Ah?"
Greed: "Darn..." "It's good to be an Alchemist who climb this in a snap......"
Greed: "Here!"
SFX: Stance
RanFun & Greed: "!!"

Hohemheim confronts Father
Right page
Hohenheim: "Humans are used to create Philosopher's Stones; Philosopher's Stones are used to create homunculi,"
Hohenheim: "And then, what can you, homunculi become?" "What can you produce?" "None. You can only destruct. Do you call such existence as a god?"
Hohenheim: "You may think you become an ultimate existence, yet, what you really are is a dead end."
(Father pondering)
Father: "(missing this bubble from the scan)" "Then, I will birth humans."
(Hohenheim in 'what the heck" moment)

Hohemheim confronts Father, continues
Left page
SFX: Convex
SFX: Bulge Bulge
SFX: Bulge Bulge Protrude Protrude
Emerging humanoid: "Gha," "Ghu," Ghi," "Gha."
SFX: Slip...
SFX: Splash

Father's "birthing" continues
Right page
Humanoid: "......Ah..."
Humanoid: "Ah," "Ah," "Ah."
Humanoid: "Ah," "Ahh," "Ahhh."
Hohemheim: ".......The majesty, the king of Xerxes......!!"

Left page
Homanoids: "Ah." "Ohh."
SFX: (Father continues giving birth) Splash Thud Thud
SFX: (Humanoids) March March
SFX (Humanoids) "Ah." "Ah." "Oh," "Oh." "Ah," "Ah."
(Izumi being speechless)
SFX: (Humanoid touching Izumi) "Ah."

Missing pages here

Father turns on the destruction
Right page
Hohenheim: "The homunculus in the flask!!" "Damn you......"

Left page
SFX: (Father's force) Boom
Humanoid Xerxes King: "Immor..." "Tality."

Father turns on the destruction, continues
Hohenheim: "Oh, no..."

Last page of the chapter
Right page
SFX: Kaboom
Caption: Having no room for Hohenheim's nonsense sentimentality, Father unleashes the force to destroy everything!!
(Note: It's an interim caption till we get the whole chapter ^^)
(End of chapter 106)
(Next chapter comes out on Wed. May 12, 2010 in Japan)

On to the pages posted by hilary.... For now I will translate according to the posted page orders. ^^

Ed invades Selim
SFX: (Ed) Intrude
SFX: (Ed) Grab
SFX: (Ed) Grip
Selim: (Inner voice) "No way..."
SFX: (Ed) Ohhhhhhhhh
Selim: (Inner voice) "He turned himself as a Philosopher's Stone..." "And invaded me to attack me from inside!!!
(Note: Not quite the literal translation, will be edited when we get the whole chapter)

Ed invades Selim, continues
Right page
Ed (inside Selim): "I caught you, Pride!!!"
Selim: "......Stop it..."
SFX: Sound of Pride starting to break down
Selim: "Stop..."

Left page
Selim: "Don't come inside of me. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Ed pawns Pride
(Ed grabs Pride and comes out of Selim)

End of Selim
Right page
SFX: (Selim's body) Degrade
SFX: (Selim's body) Desiccate
SFX: (Selim's body) Desiccate Degrade Desiccate

Left page
SFX: (Selim's shoe) Clonk
SFX: (Selim's shoe) Roll
Ed: ""Huff" "Huff" "Huff"
Ed: ""Huff" "Huff"

Selim/Pride, mini-me version
Right page
Ed: "So, this is real you."

Left page
SFX: (Ed lays his coat on the floor) Flap
(Ed places mini Selim on his coat)
Ed: "When it's all over, I have to go and apologize to Mrs. Bradley."
Ed: "For now, wait there," "Stupid Selim."

And, I guess that's all the pages we have now. ^^ As usual, I have to take a break (do some forum works ^^) then come back later to double check for typo's etc. If anyone can find more scans of pages please post, and I will add my quick translations. smile.gif
A Pierrot's Aria
QUOTE (Qashqai @ Apr 8 2010, 02:45 PM) *
QUOTE (Animeoldtimer @ Apr 8 2010, 03:02 PM) *
Oops! That's not Ed's hand it's Father's. He just looks a lot like Ed in that first pic where he grabs Pride.

I'm pretty sure it is Ed - he has shorter hair, bigger eyes and more childish face in general than Father does AND the most important part - HE HAS TEH ANTENNA. And on the next pages it's shown that he grabbed Pride's head with automail (right hand), but I don't understand what happened on the pages before that.

I'm pretty sure they both look kinda naked for a couple of frames, too. oO I can't wait 'til more pages surface so we can make more sense of it all. xD
Disasterpiece
This is the end, beautiful friends.

It's all come down to this. Not sure if this is the final chapter or next to last chapter, but from what i've been seeing......

...holy crap ._.

Ed's automail being dismantled.....I wonder what that's all about
Jealous Rogo
I think Ed's destroying Pride's philosophers stone maybe? And What we're seeing is the inside of Pride's stone (much like when we see Ling inside Greeds) maybe? Would explain teh souls, why they're naked and why we see Kimblee.
Qashqai
QUOTE (Jealous Rogo @ Apr 8 2010, 04:04 PM) *
I think Ed's destroying Pride's philosophers stone maybe? And What we're seeing is the inside of Pride's stone (much like when we see Ling inside Greeds) maybe? Would explain teh souls, why they're naked and why we see Kimblee.

Oooh, good one. That's very possible ;f

@down
Winry will fix it as her last action and then die in this intense fight, LOL. xDDD that'd be hilarious xD I wonder how would react all those anti-fans of Winry xD (I don't like Ed/Win, but I don't really want Winry to die... maybe rather Ed, lol)
Disasterpiece
QUOTE (Jealous Rogo @ Apr 8 2010, 08:04 AM) *

Why do I have a feeling he will lose his automail/damage it in the process and have Winry in the end of the series have to fix him up, thus leading to EdxWin? laugh.gif
jacksparrow589
Whoa! Thank you for the spoiler pics, Kasumisty and hilary!

I'm glad Ed doesn't exactly kill Pride. I was going to be sad if he did.

About the whole creepy thing with the people (Xerxian souls?) coming out of Father: ew.

And, of course, typical Roy and Riza--"Can you still fight?" geez... I mean, that's loyalty through and through, but from 101 up until now, Riza's not been looking so well. Just give it a rest, you two! Do you want to risk going down this close to making it work?

...Don't answer that.
Disasterpiece
So is this the next to last chapter? Or the last chapter altogether?

Can't believe it's almost the end =\
A Pierrot's Aria
^I think it's widely believed that there will be about 2 chapters left after this one.

But I'm not entirely sure about these things. xD
chuchuhorse
Well, I think there are maybe at least two or three chapters left, highly possible that Arakawa will end it clean and all. So I am not worried about it.

Ed's automail seems to be desintergrated by Father's shock wave, we don't have enough proof for that though.

ramencat
All right! Riza's back! And still awesome.
Kasumisty
random_prophet on LJ posted an interesting theory concerning Ed and Pride scene.

The action seems to take place literally inside Pride (the background with the souls is similiar to the one of Greed's)
What if Pride wanted to take over Ed (or eat him to gain his abilities) and Ed denied it? And smashed his skull open, hell yeah.

QUOTE (random_prophet)
Also I bet Ed is going to keep FetusPride in a jar with airholes just so he can lord over him every so often. AHAHAHA, YOU ARE LITERALLY THE SIZE OF A BEAN AND I AM A GIANT! and Al is just like brother... put him away

And I'm currently laughing at this xd
Alchemical
Ah, thanks so much, everyone!

I'm trying not to look at the pages, but...
Katya Martin
OSHI---

(tries not to make it obvious that she's not paying attention to class, fails miserably, professor wonders what the shocked expression is about...)

Somebody set Pride up the bomb... and dang, Father's a [EXPLETIVE REDACTED].

QUOTE (jacksparrow589 @ Apr 8 2010, 10:17 AM) *
And, of course, typical Roy and Riza--"Can you still fight?" geez... I mean, that's loyalty through and through, but from 101 up until now, Riza's not been looking so well. Just give it a rest, you two! Do you want to risk going down this close to making it work?

I don't think he'd be asking if it weren't such a desperate fight. They really need everyone they can get... alternately, he may just be checking if she's still holding on-- the point where she admits she can't fight is probably the point where she's mostly dead (rather than some dead xP). I dunno.

Thanks for the pages guys!
DOTB18
Well, all I can say is; Father's a sick f*ck and Hiromu Arakawa is a f*cking genius.
Kasumisty
Raw Paradise has uploaded the HQ version of the chapter. I don't know if there're more pages, yet.

http://hotfile.com/dl/36851894/412893e/Fma106.zip.html
Levive
It's the full chapter - 66 pages. That's quite a surprise it came that early oO
Kasumisty
Woah, 66? Hell yeah. Time to check it out and clear doubts.
Michiyo-
Thanks for the link! *starts downloading*
Wow, 66 pages? Great. I hope the remaining few chapters will be this long too. smile.gif
Chiyo
Oh my oh my oh my

THANK-YOU to all contributers so far, I can see that this will be another thread with pages upon pages of discussion.
paca
thank you!
Kasumisty
I see that at the beginning they're explaining something about Amestris' and Xingese's alchemy - maybe the source of energy? (They've shown Father with that tubes afterwards).

I like how Hohenheim defends Ed at two occasions.

Oh, Mr. Hot Oil Container is back~

Father is a super ninja monkey.

I didn't like Roy and Riza reunion scene. She acted like nothing happened.

Tentacle reap time. I knew that what was going on with Pride and Ed. Pride looked scary with one shadow eye. And hey, this actually reminds me of fifth Brotherhood opening! New spoiler discovered :f I wonder what are they talking about, though. And what exactly did Kimblee do? (I loved his expression here, btw).

Nekkid party \o/

And it's dr. Manhattan in pocket version~

Wow, the mindf*ck. I didn't see this coming. Do I see Winry- and Olivier-alike people here?

And the chapter ends with Father blowing the sh*t up. Hell yeah.
Michiyo-
Hmm, this pic reminds me of this scene in the OP:

Another proof that Bones already knows the ending. smile.gif
Katya Martin
I would imagine that Arakawa has actually finished drawing everything by now (artists often keep a "buffer" of releasable comics). Bones has probably read it all.

Oh gosh, must not read until class is over... gaaaah...
A Pierrot's Aria
Thanks for posting the RAW Kasumisty!

The Izumi and Sig reunion made me laugh-- poor Roy! xD

I'll reserve any more thoughts for when there's a scanlation so I have a fuller understanding of what's going on/what's being said! : ) Looks like a great chapter, though! Why did it have to end where it did? *Wants next chapter*
Goral
HQ raw is available at raw-paradise:
http://hotfile.com/dl/36851894/412893e/Fma106.zip.html
Kasumisty
And since I have nothing to do now, I will post page by page view on tinypic.

http://i42.tinypic.com/19nx1v.jpg (damn, that Edward pendrive is screaming "cute". I want it)
http://i39.tinypic.com/11t0pip.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/qzlzll.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/2dgqook.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/255syhd.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/zl3ywy.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/9vhzsh.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/dc7onb.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/11tbyhs.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/ab002x.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/2v146eb.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/207nyhj.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/9kcvh3.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/sg5w68.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/e7krgz.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/seyqgo.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/2aiq2dz.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/24e9p1w.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/1zqac1l.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/256sc3t.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/wgrfo6.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/1539zzd.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/20z1vk1.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/eaoytz.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/npnva9.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/2w1xqi1.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/k1rr4z.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/23lzez8.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/2lbhldx.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/11t8lmd.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/15s0mkx.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/1y61hw.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/elabut.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/2ikbhj.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/ipv1aa.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/2u9lc1x.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/ilma2p.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/2jcdb7.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/1z65aip.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/esqp7r.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/6nt9ip.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/14mvs7q.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/2ex6dlz.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/2ij2p82.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/b7ml4x.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/2nhkard.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/302roly.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/mkulwx.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/63ws3l.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/2me67vb.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/123s5f8.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/mhedxc.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/4tlvue.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/2wlyirt.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/fd7zgy.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/2ezqjjd.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/9rpv2h.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/k00pz9.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/9i5w2f.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/s1t5xi.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/f3hy84.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/svmb15.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/bg49q9.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/5twhmc.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/2mo36nc.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/hrdgs4.jpg

Here you go.
Kitchan
So wait...did Ed blow up Selim's head with the power of his awesome?
Tombow
QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Apr 8 2010, 01:17 PM) *
And since I have nothing to do now, I will post page by page view on tinypic.
In progress.

Thank you, Kasumisty! *hugs* happy.gif

QUOTE (Kitchan @ Apr 8 2010, 01:24 PM) *
So wait...did Ed blow up Selim's head with the power of his awesome?

Not quite.
I don't have a time to explain it since I have to get to the translation of the whole chapter, but if you'd like, you can read my quick translations of preview pages (for the pages posted by hilary) including that page, and you may get some idea of what happened. ^^
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.