Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Caprica
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Movies, TV Shows, & Other Videos
zonkiethegreat
For fans of the SyFy TV drama "Caprica".
Whereas the dark, post-apocalyptic reimagined Battlestar Galactica series revolved around a final struggle for survival, Caprica is concerned with a world intoxicated by success. Ronald D. Moore states: "It's about a society that's running out of control with a wild-eyed glint in its eye." The Twelve Colonies are at their peak: self-involved, oblivious, and mesmerized by the seemingly unlimited promise of technology. Framed by the conflict between the Adamas and the Graystones over the resurrection of loved ones lost in an act of terrorism, the series will explore ethical implications of advances in artificial intelligence and robotics.

Set against the backdrop of a society with technology ahead of our own, Caprica is grounded in urban locales rather than in space, and focuses on corporate, political, familial, and personal intrigue. With the troubled relationship between two families at its center, Moore himself has likened Caprica to the 1980s prime time soap opera Dallas, and it has been referred to as "television's first science fiction family saga."

You can catch a new episode every Friday @ 9:00pm EST on SyFy.
Chiyo
As you are opening the thread Zonkie, would it be possible for you to post some information about this program? It helps people know exactly what it is, if it's currently running, that sort of thing.
ScarMySoul
I can help out with this, though I don't know much so I went to wiki and got some info for the post so as people know what this show is about.

Plot:

Whereas the dark, post-apocalyptic reimagined Battlestar Galactica series revolved around a final struggle for survival, Caprica is concerned with a world intoxicated by success. Ronald D. Moore states: "It's about a society that's running out of control with a wild-eyed glint in its eye." The Twelve Colonies are at their peak: self-involved, oblivious, and mesmerized by the seemingly unlimited promise of technology. Framed by the conflict between the Adamas and the Graystones over the resurrection of loved ones lost in an act of terrorism, the series will explore ethical implications of advances in artificial intelligence and robotics.

Set against the backdrop of a society with technology ahead of our own, Caprica is grounded in urban locales rather than in space, and focuses on corporate, political, familial, and personal intrigue. With the troubled relationship between two families at its center, Moore himself has likened Caprica to the 1980s prime time soap opera Dallas, and it has been referred to as "television's first science fiction family saga."

I hope that helped out a little bit, I know I see a lot of advertisment for this show on SYFY channel but I'm not a huge fan of Battlestar Galactica or any of the shows that are spawned from the series. smile.gif
zonkiethegreat
QUOTE (ScarMySoul @ Mar 12 2010, 10:50 PM) *
I hope that helped out a little bit, I know I see a lot of advertisment for this show on SYFY channel but I'm not a huge fan of Battlestar Galactica or any of the shows that are spawned from the series. smile.gif

Thanks for the wiki plot, I added it above! I actually NEVER watched Battlestar Galactica, and I love Caprica! My boyfriend did watch Battlestar though, which I dismissed entirely. Then once Battlestar was done and gone, he forced me to watch the first episode of Caprica. He knew I would I like it.

And I DID! It's a great series, a lot of real drama sprinkled with some sci-fi technology.
ScarMySoul
@Zonkie happy.gif No problem! I don't mind helping out where it can be used. Just make sure in the future if you post about a show, put a description of what its about smile.gif That way people aren't lost lol.

As for the show, I didn't realize it was a continuation off of BG until I saw a preview of an episode that had a Cylon in it... I was like ohmy.gif hey! hahaha
zonkiethegreat
QUOTE (ScarMySoul @ Mar 13 2010, 11:45 AM) *
As for the show, I didn't realize it was a continuation off of BG until I saw a preview of an episode that had a Cylon in it... I was like ohmy.gif hey! hahaha

Its actually a "prequel" to BG! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.