Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blog In
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > Spam Central
Vagrant
I'm thinking about blogging.
I have time to kill. And media to discuss.

But I have no idea what site to use. (LiveJournal? Something free and WordPress-y?)
I also have no idea what to read outside of the two or so blogs I look at every few weeks. I'm sure there's other good stuff out there, I just don't know where.
And with that, I have no idea how to get friending people on the blogs.

Advice? Comments? Anyone had much experience with the blog thang?
A Pierrot's Aria
I'm not really savvy or into the whole blogging thing, but I'd say LiveJournal. I think that would be the best choice if you wanted to share your entries with other livejournalers. You can join groups and post your entries there so other people may see them and you may meet new friends by doing so. : )

People may be able to come up with others, but like yourself I've only ever used/been on LiveJournal and WordPress.
Katya Martin
There are some other good hosts out there-- Blogger comes to mind. That one works with Google accounts as well.

As for what to read, it all depends on what you're interested in. There's a ton of everything out there. Figure out what you're looking for and start searching.

As for gaining readership-- tell your friends! And after a while, if your posts are good enough, the Internet will work its magic and more people will start finding your blog.
Vagrant
A Pierrot's Aria: Ooh, the groups thing does sound good.
Katya Martin: I'll definitely take a look at Blogger.
Thanks for the advice.

And after a while, if your posts are good enough, the Internet will work its magic and more people will start finding your blog.
Don't say that! That means that when it inevitably fails, I'll only have myself to blame. D:
EniviD EiraM
I don't really know much about blogging but I heard of this blogspot.com thing .. if you want, you can just try it so whatever ... smile.gif enjoy !
Katya Martin
QUOTE (EniviD EiraM @ Mar 9 2010, 07:07 AM) *
I don't really know much about blogging but I heard of this blogspot.com thing .. if you want, you can just try it so whatever ... smile.gif enjoy !

That's Blogger; they changed the name. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.