Let's talk about science!

What branches of science do you think are really cool? What interests you? Also, how does scientific knowledge affect your view of things? Many people, various poets for example, have argued that knowledge of how something works detracts from its beauty. Others like Carl Sagan, a notable astronomer and astrophysicist, have argued the opposite: understanding something just makes it that much greater. What are your thoughts about this?

I'm a major science nut. While I'm studying computer science (not listed here because it's not related to the physical world as much as the others), I still find everything else incredibly interesting, particularly anything physics-related. I guess some of it has to do with all the technology just waiting to occur... yeah, I'm a sci-fi nerd who wants to see those flying cars. happy.gif

As for the second question: I find that the more I learn about something, the more awesome it becomes. The stars are beautiful, but knowing what they are and how they were formed just makes them that much more impressive and awesome to me. It's just... wonderful how things work. It's awesome. (And now I feel like Ed after the baby was born in Rush Valley, the only word that comes to mind is "awesome" and I keep repeating it, because things really are awesome... lol.)

Well, what do you guys think?

P.S. Interest in science does not a geek or nerd make. I'm proud to be both, but please don't label this topic as such.

P.P.S. This is AWESOME. (It's set up as a Flash game; click "play" and scroll through. The awesome brought tears to my eyes.