Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Absolute Boyfriend (絶対彼氏)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Manga > Let's discuss your fav manga series here!
*Σαβριvα~Λεα*
Did you ever notice how much fun Riiku seems to be having in the manga?
ALSO, who wouldn't want a cutie guy like Night? wink.gif- *Σαβριvα~Λεα*

(Source: MangaFox)
Summary
Rejected by way too many good-looking (and unattainable) guys, Riiko Izawa goes online and signs up for a free trial of a mysterious Nightly Lover "figure." The very next day a cute naked guy is delivered to her door, and he wants to be her boyfriend!
Has Riiko died and gone to heaven? The cute guy turns out to be sweet, smart, a great cook, and lots more. And, better yet, he looks like a million bucks, which is what he's going to cost Riiko if she doesn't return him in time! Will she? Or will Night be taken back to the company and made into scrap metal?

Years of Released: March 25, 2003 February 25, 2005
Volumes: 6
English publisher : United States, Canada: Viz Media Australia, New Zealand: Madman Entertainment Singapore: Chuang Yi
Author: Watase Yuu
Artist: Watase Yuu
Publisher: Shogakukan
Magazine: Shōjo Comic
Genre: Drama, Romantic comedy, Science fiction School Life, Shoujo, Tragedy

(Source: wiki Absolute Boyfriend, provided by Little Washu)
If I remember correctly, 'Absolute Boyfriend' is about a girl who gets an android boyfriend, kind of 'Chobits'-esque.
There are 6 volumes in the manga, and there is also an 11 episode TV drama ~Little Washu
Basic Plot:
Riiko Izawa has never had a boyfriend and she has been rejected by every boy she has ever had a crush on. When she returns a lost cell phone to an oddly dressed salesman, she mentions wanting a boyfriend so to thank her, he directs her to his company's website, Kronos Heaven. When she visits the site, Riiko finds it's a site to create your own lover. Thinking its a game, she customizes and accidentally orders one. The next day, her new lover arrives. Following the instruction manual, she kisses him to wake him up and configure him to be in love with only her. She names him "Night." Three days later, she is shocked to learn that she only had him for a free trial for 72 hours. The salesman, Gaku Namikiri, tells her that she must now pay 100,000,000 yen for Night, however, they will waive the fee if she helps them to collect data about how women think and feel to help perfect future models.

Characters:
Riiko Izawa (井沢 リイコ, Izawa Riiko) is a young, flat-chested 16 year old girl who has bad luck with boys. When she helps a strange salesman named Gaku Namikiri, she ends up ordering a cybernetic boyfriend. Though initially shy around her new boyfriend, Riiko begins to fall in love with him, while also finding herself struggling with her new admirer, Soshi Asamoto. Riiko is rather nave, clumsy, and simple-minded, but kindhearted, hardworking, and serious

Night Tenjo (天城ナイト, Tenjou Naito) is a cybernetic doll custom ordered by Riiko. As such, he is the "perfect boyfriend": charming, dependable, intelligent, athletic, good-looking, sensitive, and completely devoted. At first he is perfect for Riiko because it is in his programming, however as the series progresses, Night develops true emotions and a genuine love for her and has his own will. He is 6' tall as shown on the back of the first volume of the English version.

Soshi Asamoto (浅元ソウシ, Asamoto Soushi) is Riiko's manager at her work and falls in love with her. Realizing he loves her after Night arrives, he confesses his love and becomes Night's rival for Riiko's heart. He is 5'10" as shown on the back of the second volume of the English version. His father is also a well-known leader in the Asamoto company and tries whatever he can to improvise.

Gaku Namikiri (ガクナミキリ, Gaku Namikiri) is a salesman for Kronos Heaven, a company specializing in making highly realistic robots, or "figures." Though usually businesslike and down-to-earth, Gaku is sometimes mistaken for a cosplayer because of his odd manner of dress. When Riiko cannot return Night nor pay the bill for him, Gaku allows her to keep him so Night can collect data on how to become a better lover for use in future models. Whenever there is a problem with Night, Gaku is the one to fix him.

ScarMySoul
I love this series. Although at some points I was rather irritated with it, but I thought the ending was terribly sad but over all its a great manga... happy.gif
Little Washu
I've actually only read the first chapter or two in a 'Shoujo Beat', but it was pretty good. I should start reading it again sometime...
fmaexpert
i remember i read the first chapter n was like y is he naked ALL THE TIME? but he stopped so its all good. i read chapters here and there until it ended. i cant believe he died! and it was sad......

either way, it was a good manga.

OT:
did u no there was a live action tv show on it? i watched the first episode with my friends in anime club and i remember was that it was a lil different, he (night) was still doing stuff he did in the first chapter, and my friend groping the screen.......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.