Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spam Pm Bot
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Site Support Center > Technical Support & Questions
AA battery
Can someone ban this bot?

Tombow
Thank you, AA battery for the report! biggrin.gif It has been already taken care of. ^^ I caught this bot in the act and killed him on the spot this afternoon (he started PMing as soon as he registered and came on board >.< No sooner than he started PMing I killed him, but I think some PMs were sent in that brief period and you were one of the people who got the PM... ^^ ) and I added this one to the announcements that's posted in each forum. ^^ The said PM should be gone by now, but if it is still in your Inbox by some chance, please delete that PM. smile.gif

Thanks again for your report! happy.gif
Katya Martin
There's another one sending the same message, name of Razzorrman.
Tombow
QUOTE (Katya Martin @ Feb 7 2010, 08:02 PM) *
There's another one sending the same message, name of Razzorrman.

@Katya Martin - Thanks for the report! ^^ Could you forward me the PM you got from Razzorrman, by clicking on the "REPLY button at the bottom right corner of that PM, then change Recipient's Name at the top of the page from that of the original sender to Tombow, then check on "Add a copy of this message to my sent items folder" and "Track this message?" and then hit Send Message at the bottom, and that should forward that PM to me. That would be appreciated. Thank you!! smile.gif
Katya Martin
Gah, I'm sorry, I already deleted it. I don't know if anyone else got it or not...
Tombow
@Katya Martin - Oh, all right. We'll take care of this some other way then. Either way, thank you for letting us know. ^^

When/if you see more stuff that needs the board staff's attention, please report it as described here:
If You See Board Activities That May Need The Board Staff's Attention. smile.gif

Thanks again. ^^

---------------------------

ETA: Feb. 8, 2010
Obtained the sample PM, and took care of this spam-PM bot, Razzorrman, accordingly. smile.gif
Hello, friend. There are viruses' activities from your computer in last few days. Strongly recommend you to check your computer. You can find a report about your computer's security and solve every problem with it here: http://antivirus.podzone.net/hitin.p...cted=liberator
Thank you. Forum member.

Thanks again, Katya Martin for alerting us with this PM-spammer!! happy.gif

----------------------------

ETA: Feb 11, 2010

Adding the sample spam PM from Gafarozzman forwarded to me by PM by the alerted members.
Hello, friend. There are viruses' activities from your computer in last few days. Strongly recommend you to scan your computer. You can find a report about your computer's security and solve every problem with it here: http://www.virus-total.in/detected/Blux
Thank you. Forum member.

ETA: June 30, 2010.
Closing to prevent spam postings. (Deleted one such)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.