Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cutest Scene(s)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Anime (FMA-1) > English Dub episodes (on Adult Swim)
quistis
<Moving from FMA Character discussion forum to FMA Anime American Audience sub-forum where other "scene" threads are currently being collected, and closing this thread in preparation for being merged to other "scene" thread. 02/23/07 ~Tombow>

Since this kind of topic normally exist in every anime forum, I looked and looked and couldn't find this sort of topic, so here we goes. There're too many of them so I guess a poll would be hectic, also perhaps after this one there'll be saddest scene, funniest moments etc

Anyway, trying to recall what I saw in 51 eps marathon, one thing is obvious for me: 2 characters stole the show....since I remember more of these than the main protagonists or even the storyline huh.gif

For me, the scenes:
- Scenes with worry (then relief) etched on the lieutenant face everytime the careless colonel had to face his superiors smile.gif
- Scenes where the the colonel made the lieutenant frown with his flirting around and talking about beautiful ladies rolleyes.gif tongue.gif
- Where Col. Mustang asked Lt. Hawkeye what she's so angry about and she denied the accusation (w/ firm s& stern face expression) laugh.gif biggrin.gif
- Fruit shopping and peeling scenes happy.gif wub.gif
- Scene where she saved him from Scar cool.gif
- Scene when she thought she'd failed to save him from Terminarcher (well, perhaps sad like the "it's starting to rain" scene, not cute) sad.gif

but the cutest: when Riza wiped cold sweat of Roy's temple...Roy had that
"uh oh...what now" expression happy.gif wub.gif

so what's yours? I try to recall some with Ed, Al and Nina but they're more of sad memories & not cute at all after seeing the tragedy
Vx Tao Ren xV
My favorite is when she saved him from Scar ("Ame no hi wa munou nandakara!") hehe ^_^..

The fruit shopping and peeling scenes were nice too.. it was refreshing to see Hawkeye so relaxed (or somewhat) in those scenes.. ^_^
telepika
Dude!!! I should make a "Why do you people like Riza and Roy so much" thread... No offense or anything, its just that... why??? And so many people too so there must be a reason... But it escapes me. I mean Riza and Roy are cool and they are a good couple, but... I don't know. I think you people are a little too obsessed about them because to say that Riza and Roy stole the show... That's a little too much.

If I offended anyone, I an truly sorry. Please forgive me.

Now cutest scenes (From here on is a major spoiler):

Episode 28: the All is one and one is all episode (Something like that) when Ed and Al are going to kill the fox and the fox cries then they cry *Squeals in happiness* SOOOOO cute!!!! Also when they make a fire for the first time, and when their fishing and Ed asks if he can eat fox... The whole episode was cute.

Also in Episode 27 when Izumi beats Ed and Al up then hugs them!!!!

And Episode 38, the flashback when Ed and Al fight and how Al always goes to the river after Ed and Al fight.

And Episode 44?: Roy, Armstrong, and company corner Ed and Al and Roy says he chased them because they didn't ask for his help.

And Episode 9 after Barry the Chopper is caught then Ed is traumatized and cries then Winry cries....

Some many!!! Can't... Remember... Them... All!!! Ed and Al are sooooooo cute together!!!
Sycia
Episode 45, where Winry suddenly pulls Ed's hair and insists she plaits it for him. That was a pretty sweet scene in my opinion. ^_^ The way Ed goes all sheepish is cute.
Riza Babe
ep 37 when black hayate hides th bone and mustange and the miltary started to dig for more bones hahah that was jokes!
Kihaku
Read, only if you've seen the entire series.

quistis: all those scenes were the cutest!
And yeah also the one when Roy & co were after Ed and Al because of them not wanting help(that was mentioned too).
When Roy didn't tell Ed and Al about Hughes death, because he didn't think they could handle it.
The part when Roy was going to meet the Fuhrer and Ed to confront Dante & co... the last time they saw each other(the "handshake")...
Ed hitting Envy as Roy ("that face is the easiest to hit) tongue.gif
Ed and Al raising their hands at the same time in different worlds at the end of the series.

But of course the cutest is definitely the part when Roy holds a strand of Riza's hair and says that the world is imperferct and that's why it's beautiful....

Didn't remember all.... I have to rewatch the series a few times wink.gif .
Chibi Viki
@telepika... the royxriza thread will answer your "why-people-have-royxriza-obsession" question. all 80+ pages of them! that plus, outside of this site, RoyxEd/yaoi fandom is overwhelming and a lot of people think that ed and winry are too young to be a couple which totally doesn't make sense to me since a lot of anime features couples that are barely 16 (uh, sailormoon and card captor sakura, anyone?)

besides, the spotlight may focus on Ed, but it wouldn't shine as much if it weren't for these secondary characters.

cute moments? anything w/ roy and riza, hehehe... but my favorite would be hawkeye saving mustang from scar scene... and of course, episode 51 :,3
xrninja
QUOTE(Chibi Viki @ Nov 15 2004, 01:40 AM)
@telepika... the royxriza thread will answer your "why-people-have-royxriza-obsession" question. all 80+ pages of them! that plus, outside of this site, RoyxEd/yaoi fandom is overwhelming and a lot of people think that ed and winry are too young to be a couple which totally doesn't make sense to me since a lot of anime features couples that are barely 16 (uh, sailormoon and card captor sakura, anyone?)

besides, the spotlight may focus on Ed, but it wouldn't shine as much if it weren't for these secondary characters.

cute moments? anything w/ roy and riza, hehehe... but my favorite would be hawkeye saving mustang from scar scene... and of course, episode 51 :,3

word. we crazy fangirls wink.gif and of course let's not forget the scene with fury's glasses and riza wiping off roy's face!
RoyxRiza BigFan
>___< can say from the manga? i love the badss Greed vs Izumi scene....

and whats wrong with rxr? hmph..if i only can draw like a pro to prove it mad.gif
Omakase Shimasu
- Archer's introduction. When he was humming that tune in the train while reading documents and stuff. *__* Aaawwww~ His interaction with Armstrong too, for some reason. ^ ^

- That scene where Ed and Al arrived at Central HQ (ep 38, I think? It's the first scene in any case). Ed complains about not wanting to go inside because he knew Roy would make him suffer. X3 Spastic Ed moves. Cute. Afterwards Al finds a kitten.

- A Scar-centered scene! His intro, just outside the library where he's refused entrance, but takes no notice. Then Ed interferes, but accidentally tears Scar's sleeve in order to stop him from entering. I felt sorry for both of them: Scar because he looked so hurt. T_T And Ed because he honestly didn't mean to and was confused as all heck. T_T .... X3 CUTE.

- At the end, when the Tringham brothers traveled to Central and Russell wanted to buy some books. He and his lil' bro got arrested because Russell tried to impersonate Ed again to be able to pay for those books. Poor boy never gets anything done right. ^^;;

- Might be a spoiler...
Spoiler: (Click here to Display)
"Beautiful goodbye"

- When Ed and Al arrive at the burned remains at Central's Library. Ed tries to save the burnt material, but the nasty winds turn against them. Lt. Brosh asks if Ed is still capable of transmuting the books back to normal now that the wind has blown away some of the ash. ^ ^ Brosh was adorable there.

- The entire "One is all" episode. ^ ^v

- Winry had just left the boys when Ed akes a mess of things. X3 He amanged to get them stranded, but blames Winry for their situation. Giving his tractor-like machine a good smacking, it blows up on him and Al. The next scene shows them walking along the desert, Al in all his shiny glory and Ed with an afro. The most horrible picture of Ed I've ever seen. Cute.

- The Nina episode. Ed investigates Tucker's work and ends up with Hughes (Mr. Intelligence Man), who looks devestated when Gracia takes his little princess away from him so he and Ed could have a nice chat. ^ ^

- Wrath-centric! .....and just in case I'm gonna spoiler-tag this part...
Spoiler: (Click here to Display)

- The Elric brothers arrive in a nameless town (in search of Scar), but before they get farther than the town's entrance they have a fight. Reminds me so much of my own fights I had once. So long ago. X3 I kicked ass.

My reply will be huge if I continue. It's safe to say the entire anime is littered with cute scenes. smile.gif
Queen of the dammed
RoyRiza scenes are ALL cute biggrin.gif
Omakase Shimasu
That's it? biggrin.gif;; Nothing else that strikes you as cute?

I forgot one scene: after their first(?) fight with Scar, Ed and Al bicker and the suit's arm falls off. Al blames Ed, but eventually they make peace! There ya have it: a true sibling moment. happy.gif
Queen of the dammed
Well, all scenes with Ed are cute too!!!!! biggrin.gif
Omakase Shimasu
That's what I wanted to hear! tongue.gif laugh.gif
Queen of the dammed
And Al sounds and acts so cute so that I really wanna glomp him... biggrin.gif
Omakase Shimasu
He does, doesn't he? biggrin.gif

Although I still prefer tough!Al from the manga, cute!Al from the anime's got that "something" as well. happy.gif
quistis
as I'm starting to get over with the whole RxR

I remember a scene that create that warm sensation inside:
when Psiren tell Ed with "THAT VOICE" she'd steal the philosopher stone to return his favor ...awwwhghhh..*faint*

also Hohenheim-Ross scene followed by her denial biggrin.gif

and referring to the manga
when Lt. Hawkeye said she'd have been fine without Col. Mustang help/saving her from Gluttony
....wait blink.gif , that's RxR scene....oh well, I guess it's not over yet
Kihaku
quistis: You can't be over so soon... not after all those things you mentioned *shakes head* Yup you aren't.
And I too find the scenes with Al and Ed cute... like when they fight and make up smile.gif .
Oh... I remember the thing with the cat... when Al wanted to keep it(so sweet) and Ed said that he can't...
"Brother you're so mean!" Poor Al...
Omakase Shimasu
Even though I wouldn't have the faintest idea why they would want to add drama to that episode (after Al runs away, Ed gets this flashback of him trying to keep a kitten, but Trisha refusing); that flashback was mighty cute too. happy.gif

Hmmm, also... when Roy and Ed go off to have their match against one another. Everybody has their own comments to fling around regarding the alchemists. ^ ^ Roy pretending like he doesn't hear and Ed being restrained by Al... Not to mention Hughes with his giant Elysia picture. Sweet.
Kihaku
The flashback was one of the sweetest! *happy smile* I kind of felt touched...
And yes.. ep 13 the "Ed puppet" was cute... Poor Hughes for not having people paying attention to his um... display?. I bet they'd think his daughter is cute(and tell him that too) if Hughes wouldn't bug them so much about it wink.gif .
Omakase Shimasu
The "Ed puppet"? I can't remember that... blink.gif Why can't I remember?
telepika
Oh yeah!! Episode 14? when Ed does the "cha cha." Hahahaha. And the Ed afro!!! OMG how could I have forgotten those scenes.
Bling_bling_Angel
I think it would be safest to say that all scenes with Ed/Al/Winry/Roy/Liza are cute... for the sake of ending this thing... rolleyes.gif ;;
telepika
To Chibi Viki: I would visit the RoyxRiza fan thread but I'm afraid I would get kicked out for being the huge Ed fan that I am. biggrin.gif Plus it says right next to the title that it's for Roy and Riza fans only. I don't want to intrude. tongue.gif
Kihaku
QUOTE(Omakase Shimasu @ Nov 15 2004, 01:30 PM)
The "Ed puppet"? I can't remember that... blink.gif Why can't I remember?

From ep 13, during the mock fight Ed used a puppet of himself as a diversion. Roy fell for it laugh.gif .

Bling_Bling_Angel: Why does this have to end....?

Oh yeah... Ed and his afro! How did I forget that! I can't remember the episode or what happened, but I do remember choking on my tea. Ed should have kept that hair longer. tongue.gif
I think all the scenes mentioned r cute, except for the rxr scenes...no offense
Sycia
QUOTE(quistis @ Nov 16 2004, 02:41 AM)
also Hohenheim-Ross scene followed by her denial  :D

OH YES~

The scene where Ed ZOOMs up to his dad and SUPA-PUNCHES him was soooooo cute. In fact, the parts with Ed and his old man in that episode were so XD
fairysat
i think my fav cutest scene is when izumi, after she fought ed and al because they transmuted their mother, takes the two boys into her arms in order to say (without words): "everybody makes some mistakes in his life... try to be strong..."
Omakase Shimasu
@Kihaku: Oh that! laugh.gif The entire fight was cute in my opinion. I hadn't expected Roy would be defeated though... I thought it would follow the manga there, but -- surprise!!

@Sycia: I totally agree. Especially in London. *__* Cute almost-father-son moments.

But how come I only read "cute" scenes from the main characters? tongue.gif
Kihaku
No, no... the fight didn't end exactly.. so... Roy would have beaten Ed anyway tongue.gif .
Anyway.. I suppose it's hard to think about scenes involving other characters, because they don't appear so often and thus are in less scenes giving them a lower probability to take part in "cute scenes".
Bling_bling_Angel
QUOTE(Kihaku @ Nov 16 2004, 04:35 AM)

Bling_Bling_Angel: Why does this have to end....?

Because it's getting out of hand... as ever... laugh.gif
Omakase Shimasu
QUOTE(Kihaku @ Nov 16 2004, 02:35 PM)
No, no... the fight didn't end exactly.. so... Roy would have beaten Ed anyway tongue.gif .

laugh.gif I'd like to seee him try with Ed's automail piercing his neck. (ph34r.gif I couldn't believe Ed saying the match wasn't over yet when Bradley interfered, though. He didn't mean to murder him, did he??)

Hmmm... well, I managed to come up with cute scenes involving Archer, the Tringham brothers, Scar and Wrath! tongue.gif Nobody even talked about Black Hayate yet and I know for certain he's a fan favorite for practically everyone. rolleyes.gif

@Bling_Bling_Angel: Out of hand?
Kihaku
No... if they had continued from... the beginning? Plus Roy was not in his right mind anyway... Ed said himself that he was going easy on him tongue.gif
Bling_Bling_Angel:(argh so hard to write) This isn't getting out of hand, is it????

Black Hayate against the wall, scared of Riza's gun....
That was cute biggrin.gif Although I feel a bit sorry for him...
Oh and Roy "playing" with Black Hayate (same ep.)...
Omakase Shimasu
Hehe, Roy and Black Hayate's playtime together, small as it was. laugh.gif Cute.

biggrin.gif Black Hayate is cute, but I like Al's kittens better. ::ducks incoming missiles:: (Poor Den~)
telepika
These are the only Roy scenes I'll add: I forgot which episode but when Roy says he will become fuhrer so female government employees will wear mini-skirts then Havoc hugs Roy's leg. And somewhere around the time when Al thinks he isn't human and was made up by Ed, there's this scene when Roy calls Hughes and he says he just wanted his time on the screen and his staff (Havoc and the rest of them) are like pressing their faces on the screen then Hughes hangs up. That was cute and funny.

Also in episode 37 (The funny one that had nothing to do with the plot), when Havoc got ditched by Armstrong's sister then in the later half he is always out of it.
Omakase Shimasu
laugh.gif Breaking the fourth wall without you expecting it is always hilarious - not to mention cute. Hehehe, I'll have to make a snapshot of that scene. happy.gif
Shaman_Girl88
I like the scene where Ed dyes his hair. I don't know why. I just do.
sasuki_604
I think all of the scenes where Al goes into cute face mode is sweet!
He looks so adorable with that face on his amour! biggrin.gif
(You get what i mean right?)
Elderberry
What about that one scene when they're on their way to Rizembul to fix Ed's arm, and this teenage boy puts on Al's armor before riding off on a bicycle to a fight...And Al makes up a whole excuse about being the "talking armor" (the boy tries to see if there's any way to turn him off laugh.gif )...and then Al uses some alchemy to half fuse the bicycle to the tree and says in this creepy voice, "I am the cursed farmer- no, I mean, I am the cursed armor. It you become one with me, your body and heart will no longer hurt...forever...forever..." laugh.gif

And then that part where Ed breaks into the 5th Labratory, and sets off every. single. trap. that's set before him, and eventually has to run screaming from the huge rolling stone sphere...(I love Paku Romi's acting~laugh.gif ) I watched that part over and over so many times... laugh.gif
And then that part where Ed breaks into the 5th Labratory, and sets off every. single. trap. that's set before him, and eventually has to run screaming from the huge rolling stone sphere...(I love Paku Romi's acting~ )

Being a big Indiana Jones fan, I started chanting "GIANT ROLLING BALL! GIANT ROLLING BALL!" right after Ed set off the first trap. I was so happy! I was disappointed it wasn't in the manga. It's things like that that make the anime "better" for me, though maybe if the manga and anime "diverge" I'll be able to give it a fair chance.

Oh, and I still think Ed and Al's little voices in the third episode, when they're 5 and 6 years old, are the cutest things EVER!
Elderberry
QUOTE(Guest @ Dec 5 2004, 12:02 PM)
Oh, and I still think Ed and Al's little voices in the third episode, when they're 5 and 6 years old, are the cutest things EVER!

Yeah! The younger Ed's voice was soooo adorable too! (Especially that part in episode 38- it's 38, right?- where it flashes back to when Ed and Al first get into a fight, and he's like, "Who cares about him?" happy.gif) I guess that's a major advantage of having a female voice actor play a male character... happy.gif
Reivier
The best scene is definitely Mustang's mini-skirt scene.
Udon
the one-hour summer special, where the army finds the "mysterious storage room 13," and the spying that goes on around Mustang. Very well done comedy.
Azen22
I like the one where Hawkeye agrees to take Black Hayate. And the dog starts to pee on the floor and she pulls out her gun and shoot around him, and the dog is all pressed up against the wall standing up, very cute . I liked ep. 37 ( i think it was) when Hawkeye is commanding black hayate to do different things, very cute.
Sword Alchemist
Denny Bloch getting jealous because Maria Ross was flirting with Hoho was really cute.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.