Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Naruto
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Manga > Let's discuss your fav manga series here!
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Yukirin
Anyone read all of it? i did cause im bored most of the day lol. Im waiting for the other chapters to come out =3

(Source: MangaFox)

Years of Released: 1999
Status: Ongoing, Naruto 513 is coming next... This series is updated weekly
Author: Kishimoto Masashi
Artist: Kishimoto Masashi
Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Martial Arts, Shounen

Summary
In another world, ninja are the ultimate power–and in the village of Konoha live the stealthiest ninja in the world. But sixteen years ago Konohagakure was attacked by a fearsome threat–a nine-tailed fox demon which claimed the life of the Hokage, the village champion. Today, peace has returned, and a trouble making orphan named Uzumaki Naruto is struggling to graduate from the Ninja Academy. His goal: to become the next Hokage. But unknown to Naruto and his classmates, within him is a terrifying force . . .

Asakura_yoh
*raise hand* me got watch.. Till what.. i mean where till you read the manga? Just wanted to know where it is now.. XD
xrninja
yeah, i've read all of the chapters so far, up to ch. 238.
Kihaku
I've read the first three volumes.. I suppose I could read the fourth eventually. My friend has all the chapters on a CD. I considered borrowing it from her, but well.. it takes such a long time to read them on the computer and I realy prefer reading manga as books. There would be so much to catch up with. Well... I might still.
Crowley16
it's dead quick to read them on the computer, just as quick if not quicker than reading on paper cos you don't have to turn pages...

use a picture reader...
wolfi1412
i was reading it, until my friend said to just watch the anime coz the storyline's about the same. .is it true?

and does the manga comes out in a basis? if so, like one chapter a month or...
Thievesvinegar
i would say so , but the manga has a few pleasant surprises. Up to 238 also, but wishing they would stop with the lagging and filling.
Haroken
I'm on chapter 238 as well.

QUOTE (wolfi1412 @ Nov 17 2004, 12:43 AM)
i was reading it, until my friend said to just watch the anime coz the storyline's about the same. .is it true?

To a point. Around Ep 100 it goes on its own cours eto allow the maga to get more under its belt. SO yes it doe,s but not currently. It will turn back to normal eventually.
Kasumi
QUOTE(wolfi1412 @ Nov 18 2004, 02:37 AM)
and does the manga comes out in a basis? if so, like one chapter a month or...

A chapter per week.

RAWS are usually released on Thursdays and scanlated by Saturday. biggrin.gif
Gashole
QUOTE (wolfi1412 @ Nov 16 2004, 05:43 PM)

Generally I prefer the manga version to the anime version, and the case is true for Naruto.
The artwork in the manga is much detailed and looks cooler (in my opinion anyway) and jokes are usually funnier in the manga.
Like the part where Naruto refuses to go with that perverted guy until he says he's going to take Sasuke instead. laugh.gif

OT: Plus anime usually has a lot of crappy unnecessarily fillers and Naruto's voice in the anime doesn't sound like the one in my imagination. sad.gif He should sound more like Gohan or something.
Asakura_yoh
ahhh what is ep.238? just to know >.<
TheVileOne
It looks like the rumors about Kakashi's origin and the story skipping ahead three years was true.
Now they are on the backstory for Kakashi, and boy was he ever a stick in the mud when he first turned jounin.
He's actually a lot like Sasuke. His UCHIHA teammate to whom he most likely inherited his sharingan from is actually more like Naruto. Their sensei is The Fourth, who of course we can guess is Naruto's biological father (if not father, perhaps older brother?). I hope we learn about the Fourth like his real name, and the circumstances of Naruto's birth.

In the meantime it looks like Orochimaru has already gained a new body...not sure whose it is, perhaps it is not important.
The haircut looked familiar. It looks like Orochimaru is taking Sasuke as sort of his new apprentice.

Akatsuki is planning something equally nasty, and it all involves gaining the power of Nine tails.

Sakura is now Tsunade's apprentice. So it looks like all these plot threads will clash in the timeline 3 years from now.

Naruto has left Konoha with Jiraiya to hide out and train for 3 years. I hope Jiraiya can prepare Naruto for what's coming, because its going to outdo the Sand/Leaf war for sure.

wolfi1412
well, about the
kakashi and obito's eye is quite obvious.. and also, Oro's new body is some unknown guy that showed up earlier (he was the last person standing in a death match or some sort)
Blade42
I've read Naruto, it's a nice anime/manga. Like it a lot. I've read up to....ah, I forgot.
TheVileOne
Here's some info. from the latest chapter of the manga:

It looks like the codename of 4th Hokage-sama when he was a jounin was "The Yellow Flash."
He didn't think too highly of Kakashi's chidori either.
It's so cool seeing Kakashi at this age first turned jounin. In the latest manga issue you find out a little more about his past family life and why he was the way he was when he was a kid.
Still don't know the 4th's real name yet. His family name has to be UZUMAKI though right?

Since Obito is an Uchiha I wonder what relationship that makes him with Sasuke.
Anyone know who the medic on Kakashi and the 4th's team is?
The_Lazy_Alchemist
I believe her name is Rin...It says her name somewhere in chapter 239...Not bad, is she?
It's amazing how they avoided saying Yondaime's name so many times... rolleyes.gif
It seems like they have more to their mission...Ugh.
And I was looking forward to seeing them be normal in the village...Or as normal as ninja kids are supposed to be. huh.gif
Haroken
Yes, her name is Rin.
xrninja
wow, all these character patterns. a little predictable, i guess.

tsunade -> rin -> sakura, female medics
orochimaru -> kakashi -> sasuke, stubborn power-hungry geniuses (less so kakashi)
jiraiya -> obito -> naruto, dorky spiky-haired losers

obito seems like a really interesting character, though.....i really want to find out what led to his death and how his sharingan went over to kakashi (and what happened to rin).
obito hasn't awakened his sharingan yet, right?
TheVileOne
QUOTE (xrninja @ Nov 27 2004, 08:55 AM)
wow, all these character patterns. a little predictable, i guess.

@xrninja, I'm going to take a guess and say that Nine-tails is the explanation to all your questions.
xrninja
hmm, i didn't think of that. that actually makes a lot of sense blink.gif
wolfi1412
somehow, it's just like a history that's repeated over and over again, my guess is Obito is the one that got tied up to the log...
Akaina
I can't wait for the time jump^__^
Orochimaru's new body looked kinda like Yondaime... tho I know it's not ^__^
It's just the spiky hair that was sticking through the bandages I guess.

Why are all the girl ninjas medic nins? Because it seemed that Rin was a medic nin.
Come on, they can be better than that if they tried, I wish Kishimoto would do something about that.
Tsunade's kickass though, so that kind of makes up for it ^__^
TheVileOne
Well Temari, Ino, Kurenai, Hinata, Anko, and Ten Ten aren't medical ninjas if I remember correctly.
Or that's not their specialty. Kabuto is a medical ninja and he's a guy smile.gif .

Well it looks like the Kakashi backstory arc is going to go on for a while. What I really want is some more backstory for the 4th if Naruto is really his progeny!
Lady Battousai
Wonder will Naruto become a Hokage next time? He doesn't look as strong as the previous Hokage nor the one before that.
Oh well...I still can't underestimate him.
LordSigurd
I absolutely Love Naruto. Im on episode 105 and the fillers are still very good.

Since i've read the manga all the way through i really dont mind the fillers. Though i really am waiting for the upcoming episodes.
xrninja
it seems like they've been speeding up the episodes a little as well;
i thought that the past few episodes would be dragged out more.
but i like them this way, i'm eager as hell to see neji's match with whatshisface, kidoumaru.
the manga's going really well right now too; i'm liking the kakashi gaiden.
hopefully it'll answer a lot of questions about obito, rin, yondaime, the sharingan, and maybe yondaime' relationship with naruto.

and i'm hoping for one of those time jumps afterwards to a few years in the future, so we can see naruto-tachi older and stronger (and then obsessing over them wouldn't be pedophilic).

has anyone else seen that official anime picture of naruto, sasuke, and sakura, where naruto's hair is spiked back and he's got red swirly designs on his face like gamabunta does, and sasuke's hair is a little above shoulder length and straight down, and sakura has her hair all done up?
they look a lot like their sannin mentors, maybe it's a preview of them in the future.....for those of you who don't know what i'm talking about, i'll try to find the picture smile.gif
奇跡の錬金術師
i dunno where i read till, but i only noe tt i read till naruto was beaten by sasuki. naruto becum into the kyubi but sasuki oso changed into the ugly form... eww... sasuki will lose if naruto can cast ninja skills... damn...
TheVileOne
QUOTE (奇跡の錬 @ Dec 9 2004, 06:21 AM) *
i dunno where i read till, but i only noe tt i read till naruto was beaten by sasuki. naruto becum into the kyubi but sasuki oso changed into the ugly form... eww... sasuki will lose if naruto can cast ninja skills... damn...

This was a little while ago in the manga. Sasuke did beat Naruto.
Sasuke used his cursed seal from Orochimaru to transform into this ugly, winged demon.
Naruto took this really weird kyubi/human form.
It was ultimate chidori vs. ultimate rasengan, and when all was said and done, Sasuke was the victor.
Granted, Naruto was just trying to stop Sasuke, while Sasuke's intent was to kill Naruto.
ruthybssm
Spoiler: (Click here to Display)

As for the series itself...I hope we get to "three years from now' very soon. I can't wait for a final showdown It's also possible that this will become a never ending saga of sorts but that could get tiresome
TheVileOne
Well the mysteries of Kakashi have finally been revealed. A very satisfying story so far indeed. AND ITS STILL NOT FINISHED YET! smile.gif This is filler I'd like to see more of, like I want to know more about The 4th and his connection to Naruto and Jiraiya. We know that Jiraiya trained the 4th, but does anyone ever think that he could be possibly be related to Naruto and/or the 4th? They all look so much a like, and Jiraiya was so much like Naruto as a genin its not even funny. Though I guess its a bit of a stretch.

xrninja
wow, those last few pages in 243 were heartjerkers.
Zim87
the fight was pretty cool too. freak accident could actually be a good thing.....0_o
TheVileOne
QUOTE(xrninja @ Dec 20 2004, 10:56 PM)
wow, those last few pages in 243 were heartjerkers.
i loved how on the last page only the sharingan eye, obito's, was crying. so now we know how obito died and how kakashi gained the one sharingan....but will the kakashi gaiden cover how rin dies as well? i'm assuming she does die, since kakashi tells sasuke after sasuke meets the sound 4 at konoha that all of his loved ones are already dead.

xrninja
QUOTE(TheVileOne @ Dec 20 2004, 09:19 PM)
xrninja, I'm going with my prediction that Rin does not perish during this mission, but sometime later when Kyubi shows up.

oh, duh, you mentioned that earlier, didn't you. *smacks forehead* that's a solid prediction. i think it'd be harsh on kakashi for both to go in the same mission.
TheVileOne
Exactly, because if she went now...then there wouldn't be any "tragic romance" later on smile.gif .
Thievesvinegar
tragic romance? Is there ever roman in naruto? Perverts don't count.

the closest thing to a romance i saw was between zabuza and haku.
TheVileOne
Tsunade and her boyfriend Dan.
Blackrose
Naruto's probably one of my favorite manga out there. I've read everything that's out so far, and I read each new translated chapter from narutofan. It's good stuff.
Anarchy Reigns 4ever
I like the fact that Kishimoto treats Naruto the main character as a supporting character and Sasuke as the main character. SICK AIN'T IT...

While it is true that Naruto is this generations Dragonball Z its been crafted far deeply and written as a far darker tale than Z ever was.

Naruto is disliked by 99.99 % of his village; but wants to be its head
Sasuke is liked by everyone; but could care less

The only people who care about Naruto are Iruka and Hinata (Who deeply loves the block head).

The Manga has gone through various sagas already:

Academy
Wave Country
Chuunin not to be confused with VIZ's (Chunin)
Invasion
Tsunade
Sound

I Sense that the next sagas might be:

Akatsuke/Spiritual arc
Sasuke/Orochimaru arc

However I urge all to know this verse do not pay ure papers to
those who have destroyed what has made Naruto a great book.

I for one will continue to get my Naruto Manga fix online until
the day comes when Viz will FIRE THE PERSON THAT HAS
BEEN TRANSLATING NARUTO GETS SOMEONE ELSE TO DO THE
TRANSLATIONS (And gets them RIGHT: Hint: Kagebunshin no
jutsu = Shadow Replication not ART OF THE DOPPLEGANGER)

wink.gif
blueices
As for the romance: Does unrequited love count in this case? If it does then we have Sakura's on-going love for Sasuke..(in the end that may prove her downfall)
Naruto of course does anything for Sakura (poor guy)
Guy-sensee really loves Rock-Lee (but that's more of a devotion one has to their son I guess....) When he said he'd die with Lee that was such a tear jerker!
It seems that the story line hasn't had much elbow room for romance so far, but who knows? A lot can happen in the story's next "3 years" (I personally want Shikimaru and Temari to hook up! wink.gif )

As for the fast approaching beginning of Part II:
What are the popular predictions for the next arc, or even the finale? (which I'm sure is many years in the future)

Some of my questions:
What powers will our new sannin have? (sakura, sasuke, naruto) [Especially Sakura, I'm really looking forward to seeing her strength grow]

When will we find out about why Naruto was chosen to carry the kyuubi, and why hasn't anyone told him about his past, who he's related to!!! (along those lines; What's the 4th's name already????!!!!) [blue rips her hair out!]
alchemistgirl zero
I have a Shonen Jump subscription, so I ready a few chapters every month or so. It's superb! I hope the anime comes to America!
TheVileOne
QUOTE(blueices @ Jan 3 2005, 08:44 PM)
As for the romance:  Does unrequited love count in this case?  If it does then we have Sakura's on-going love for Sasuke..(in the end that may prove her downfall)
Naruto of course does anything for Sakura (poor guy)
Guy-sensee really loves Rock-Lee  (but that's more of a devotion one has to their son I guess....)  When he said he'd die with Lee that was such a tear jerker!
It seems that the story line hasn't had much elbow room for romance so far, but who knows?  A lot can happen in the story's next "3 years"  (I personally want Shikimaru and Temari to hook up! wink.gif )

As for the fast approaching beginning of Part II:
What are the popular predictions for the next arc, or even the finale? (which I'm sure is many years in the future) 

Some of my questions:
What powers will our new sannin have? (sakura, sasuke, naruto)  [Especially Sakura, I'm really looking forward to seeing her strength grow]

When will we find out about why Naruto was chosen to carry the kyuubi, and why hasn't anyone told him about his past, who he's related to!!!  (along those lines;  What's the 4th's name already????!!!!)  [blue rips her hair out!]

Well one prediction we can make, there is going to be a lot more TnA and fan service from the soon to be teenaged female Konoha ninjas.

Konohamaru will also be a little older but probably about as mature as he is now.
Fresh_Coffee
The gaiden was sad, although we already knew what was going to be happen somewhat. About love I think it sucks. I really dislike Sasuke(who I use to like) and Sakura sorry fans. I respect if you like them though

blueices
You're not alone w/ that sentiment Coffee. I really disliked Sakura for quite a long time for many of those reasons....I think w/ the next arc we'll see a new and improved Sakura (sigh of relief) Hopefully her maturity will equal her chakra control soon enough.
Fresh_Coffee
Hopefully I want to see more of Shikamaru! *Points to blue's Sig* He is so loveable because he is lazy bastard not to mention he is a super genuis!. Well maybe not the super genuis part but the lazy bastard part fits well.Excatly like me laugh.gif and Jiraya and Naruto maybe by that time Jiraya has come out with the next. "Come Come Paradise" for Kakashi laugh.gif
blueices
"Ahhh, the clouds are sooo nice...."
Knowing Shikimaru, he'll think of some awesome new jutsu while napping.

I can't wait any longer see everyone at 15yrs of age!!
...or maybe it'll be 16 (since a considerable amt of time passed from the very beginning of the series)

Random Note: I spent the whole day looking for the Naruto Artbook because of a rumor that Kakashi's face was revealed somewhere in it....(alas I am too gullible) :::cries::: "No Success!!!"
I should hunt down one of those artists who draw criminal suspects and he can draw Kakashi's face based on what manga we have laugh.gif
Fresh_Coffee
I wanna see Kakashi's face. Did you notice that his mask was off when Rin was healing him? Yet, his back was turned dry.gif . Well atleast it will be double post or else everybody would be pissed. I wanna see Kakashi his suppose to hot laugh.gif according to the Manga Special and Ep 111.
TheVileOne
I agree guys, I hope Sakura gets over her downright childish obsession with Sasuke as well. It is childish by the way, its not real love at all. I think Hinata might have real genuine love for Naruto that goes beyond a childish crush. Mainly because Naruto inspires her and makes her want to be a better person. Sasuke never really does that for Sakura, she just looks at him and think he's perfection. Hinata looks at Naruto and sees all of him, the good and the bad, and she accepts him anyway. I think that is real love. That is why I hope Naruto and Hinata end up together later.

To Fresh Coffee, I doubt we will ever see Hatake without his mask, or at least not anytime soon. We can also learn from episode 111 that he's not only gorgeous under his mask...but a master womanizer and player as well. I wonder how many illegitimate children Kakashi has concieved biggrin.gif .
Fresh_Coffee
Yes I also feel that way about Hinata. She really cares about Naruto, and really knows the real him, I feel that her love is true and even if her and Naruto don't end up together she'll be happy for him. Now knowing that you can't be with the one you love but being happy for them because there happy. That has to be true love. Even though she's not the best fighter I still like her. She tries so hard to change herself and well... Sakura didn't get around to actually doing something in awhile and now she's finally getting some special skill. Hinata VS Sakura who do you think would win? Or how would the series be if Hinata had been put in Naruto's group instead of Sakura?
blueices
I feel that her love is true and even if her and Naruto don't end up together she'll be happy for him. Now knowing that you can't be with the one you love but being happy for them because there happy.

That's very sweet and fits Hinata's personality quite well..
It reminds of how Tomoyo feels for Sakura (CCS)

For some reason I can't imagine Naruto w/ anyone, but I do see how Hinata's quiet sweet self would complement our noisy Naruto quite well biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.