Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: K-on (けいおん!)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime > Let's discuss your fav anime series here!
lunneth
K-On! (けいおん! Keion! in Japanese) was originally a Japanese four-panel (4-koma) comic strip manga written and illustrated by Kakifurai (Kakifry = meaning, "fried oyster' it's a name of a dish in Japan XD) The manga started serialization in Houbunsha's seinen manga magazine, "Manga Time Kirara" since the May 2007 issue, and also started a bimonthly serialization in Houbunsha's magazine, "Manga Time Kirara Carat" since the October 2008 issue. A thirteen-episode anime adaptation produced by Kyoto Animation aired in Japan between April and June 2009. An additional original video animation episode will be released in January 2010. Also, a second season has been greenlit for production.
The title of the series comes from the Japanese word for "light music," kei-ongaku (軽音楽), and it's meaning similar to "pop music."
(Info taken from Wikipedia (K-on) and AnimeNewsNetwork -T.)

clumsy and clueless yui hirasawa has lived a care free life all of her life, but she only just begins to feel the pressure when a small mandatory objective for all students pops up. she is required to join a club and she can't decide what to do, until she finds a club called the light music club (i'm sure in the dub that'll be pop).

the club has 3 members by the time yui joins;
the bassist: mio akiyama
the drummer: ritsu tainaka
and the pianist: tsumugi kotobuki (also nick named mugi)
and later on in the series: azusa nanako (aka azu-nyan as she puts on a pair of cat ears and meows)
the series follows these 5 girls as they go through school and they attempt to reach their target of doing a live performance before the end of the school term.

Genres: comedy, slice of life
Themes: bishoujo, moe, music, school
Episodes: 14
Age Rating: PG

well thats all i can say. anyone else seen it or want to?
fmaexpert
k-on ova 3 will come out march 16 and a new volume/continuation/issue might come out march 9th(so expect scans and translations-if provided for the translator.)! the movie will come out a couple days later after the ova. who's excited. because i am.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.