Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any Literature: Novel/fiction... Not Manga, That Might Be Great To Be Made Into An Anime Movie Or Series?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime
kazare
I just wanted to know what novels will be great as anime movies . . . . c:

Guys, please pay a bit more attention to the thread title! Novels! NOT MANGA!

<The above line was temporarily added by the board staff to emphasize the thread topic. ^^>

I think My novel will be good to become a manga (kidding)
I think the novel Thanks for the memories by Cecelia Ahern is good . . . c:
Katya Martin
I'd say Airborn and its sequels, by Kenneth Oppel; those would do particularly well in Hayao Miyazaki's style, I think.
EniviD EiraM
<Please read the first post. This is for NOVEL, NOT anime. ^^ ~ Board staff>
Vk ! Vk !

it'll be great if some anime became movie like ...

like ...

Vk ? ohmy.gif
Jealous Rogo
Ugh adaptions in general are something I'm less and less inclined to hope for (especially since Michael Bay desectrated the corpse of my childhood) but I've always thought any of the Discworld Books by Terry Pratchett could make amazing films, rather than tv specials. Thief of Time in particular would just blow you away in film form.
Chiyo
Just to confirm the topic for everyone again. Kazare wants to know which novels would make a good anime series/film.

For example, the Darren Shan series Cirque du Freak was adapted into a manga, should it be made in to an anime series too? I personally can't think of much that would make a good series, except perhaps In the Miso Soup by Ryu Murakami, I think that would make for a very dark anime film.
The Copycat Alchemist
<Please read the first post. This is for NOVEL, NOT manga. ^^ ~ Board staff>

It's not something I think would be made well or even somewhat successfully but I would love to see a life-action version of Ouran High School Host Club. Not to ruin the series but to see how badly we can mangle a good series in anime form [subbed] and manga form. However... Americans CAN be dramatic, so it would be a interesting outcome. xD

Another one that would be interesting to see would be FMA. I know, I'm insane for wanting this to come about and rain on the FMA parade, but it would be hysterical to watch people try to even compare with Ed, Al, Roy and Maes in their habitat. No actor can measure up to those guys. No one! ^^ But it would be fun to pick at the mistakes.

"Sorry if I offended anyone! o~o I didn't mean to if I did!"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.