Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's On Their Ipods?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Character Discussions
Rainshine
If all the characters of FMA had iPods, what kind of music do you think each of them would listen to?

Would Winry have the entire Glee soundtrack on hers?
What would Kimblee listen to?
Who's iPod would be filled with Beatles and Pink Floyd?

Just wondering. happy.gif

-----------
<REMINDER>

For this thread, please post the songs you think the CHARACTER might CHOOSE, based on that character's PERSONALITY.

If you would like to post the theme songs for an FMA character, which YOU chose for that character, songs that you think would typify, symbolize, or describe the SITUATION the character is in in the FMA story, etc., then please post that on Songs for Characters in FMA, Choose theme songs for them thread, and NOT on this thread, please. ^^
Thank you!! smile.gif ~ Board Staff
RoyxRizaFan
Scar = Miley Cyrus. I am positive of this tongue.gif

*ahem*

Mei...Taylor Swift and other happy-go-lucky pop. Ed thinks he's goth, so he'd probably have various metal bands xD Al would probably listen to more subtle, alternative rock, something like the Goo Goo Dolls. Winry would probably like pop, or pop-ish country like Martina McBride or Kellie Pickler. Olivia would rock out to "Single Ladies" with Bucanner and Miles...Marcoh would listen to folk music xD FatherDude and Hoho probably have every Avenue Q song memorized, and Roy's probably a closet-BackStreetBoy fan...

...All right, about three of those was serious *is overtired* It's funny to imagine, at least...
Rainshine
RoyxRizaFan: LOL, I love how I agree with everything you just said. XD
I can totally imagine Olivia listening to Single Ladies, and what you said about Winry and Roy.
And Scar does listen to Miley Cyrus. Nothing anyone says can convince me otherwise. :3
Tombow
<Program Note>

I think, IMO, for this thread to be DIFFERENT from the other similar "song" thread, Songs for Characters in FMA, Choose theme songs for them, I'd like to see posts here to be the songs you think the CHARACTER WOULD CHOOSE, BASED ON the character's PERSONALITY, and NOT the songs YOU would choose, that, you think, may fit the SITUATION the character is in, in the FMA story.

Hence, I moved 3 posts that were choosing songs based on characters' SITUATIONS to Songs for Characters in FMA, Choose theme songs for them thread. Please continue that discussion there. smile.gif
Animeoldtimer
Pat Benetar for Riza, Muse or heavy metal for Ed,Daft Punk for Al, and I agree with Winry's picks being country/pop.
KoolCat
New person here, so Hi all! now, on to topic:

Because of her innocence and over active imagination, I think Mei would listen to pop like Dee-Lite or Anaka. Also, I could see her listening to Tony Basil ("oh Alphonse what a pity you don't understand, you take me by the heart when you take me by the hand" XD ) Ed I see listening to classic rock, especially Guns N Roses (his overreactions to short jokes mirrors Axl's overreactions to everything, lol) Alphonse softer Alt rock, like the Gin Blossoms. Roy I could see listening to Queen, especially if you compare Roy and Freddie (both have/had charismatic, over-the-top public personas but are/were VERY different people behind them) and certain songs such as "Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy". Scar, deep, meaningful/spiritual music with a healthy dose of guilty pleasure kiddie pop, and Hawkeye subtle, yet powerful and meaningful songs, like the Pretenders "I'll Stand by You" (oh, and also agree on Winry listening to country-pop)
Disasterpiece
Roy: Poker Face, by Lady GaGa

nuff said
Wrathistmeinhomeboi
Kimblee: Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Angel, death metal in general.

Envy: Marilyn Manson, Nine Inch Nails, Cradle of Filth

Scar: Demon Hunter, Creed, I'd say god praising hard rock in general.

Ed: Iron Maiden, Iced Earth, Saxon, Dream Theater, Queensr˙che and a catalog of power and prog metal.

Shou: Leviathan, Shining, Xasthur, lots of depressive black metal

Al: Coldplay, Sigur Ros, alt and maybe some pop punk too like Sum 41, or MCR

Havoc: GnR most definately :] lots of 80s hard rock.

Roy: R.E.M., Rush, Kansas, prog and alt rock
Hyperthia
Ed: Killswitch Engage, Devildriver, Chimaira, Disturbed, Machinemade God, Metallica (haha, I like all these bands)

Scar: Austrian Death Machine laugh.gif

Roy: Hairspray! (just kidding, of course... or am I?)

Al: Owl City, Muse

Winry: Shiny Toy Guns

Kimblee: Micheal Jackson, of course! I mean, just look at the way he dresses!
Winry Chi
Winry: Avril Lavigne, Yellowcard, Paramore, Superchick, Kelly Clarkson, Death Cab for Cutie, t.A.T.u., Aly& Aj, Shania Twain, The Fray (The Pop/Rock/Country genres mainly.) ...Vic Mignogna cds because.. why not?

Ed: Three Days Grace, Nickelback, Rise Against, Linkin Park, Breathe Carolina, Sum 41, Fall Out Boy, Papa Roach, Nirvana, Skillet, (The Rock/Punk/Metal genres. mainly) ... Vic Mignogna's cds (Just kidding.. but that would be epic.. but weird, that he would be listening to his English Dub voice?)

Al: The All-American Rejects, Motion City Soundtrack, Relient K, Angels&Airwaves, Yellowcard, AFI, Panic! At the Disco, Owl City, Keith Urban, Creedence Clearwater (Rock/Pop/Country genres. mainly.)

Roy: Hinder, Green Day, Rise Against, The Killers, Nickelback, The Goo Goo Dolls, 3OH!3, Skillet, Bon Jovi (Rock/Punk/Alternative genres. mainly.)

Greed: My Chemical Romance, Nirvana, Daft Punk, Marilyn Manson, Blink-182, Attack Attack, Fall Out Boy, Basshunter, Enrique Iglesias. (Because he needs nifty music to dance to. haha..) (Rock/Metal/Electronica genres.)
Tian Ai
This thread totally cracked me up!

Winry listening to country totally fits. Probably a couple R&B ballads or some high-strung upbeat songs mixed in... but Taylor Swift does seem to embody her o.O

I could also see Roy listening to some Goo Goo Dolls... or some classic rock. I'm not quite sure why, but it seems like him. I don't know how to describe this, but he sort of looks like a "classic" person, and the lyrics may seem odd or questionable at first, but carry profound meanings underneath.

Armstrong probably loves opera/classical =P "Behold the Armstrong's magnificent selection of music, passed down from generations past!"

Riza is a hard one for me o.O I would say deep, subtle music with meaningful lyrics.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.