Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Your Favourite FMA: Brotherhood Moment So Far
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Anime
Enlistment
So, bascially, what's your favourite moment of this series so far?

Mine is when Ed goes through the gate again to get out of Gluttony. When he sees Al's withered body and tries to get it back, only to be pulled through the gate, I almost shed a tear because of the sheer determination in his expression and his voice. Then when he bursts back through the gate with all the tentacles(?) clawing at him trying to wrench him back through the gate, I couldn't help but smile.
The thing that topped it off was LET IT OUT (ED 2) started playing while he was screaming Al's name, telling him he WAS getting his body back. Since then, I can't help but get goosebumps when I listen to that song. To be honest it's probably my favourite scene in anything I've ever watched, due to the sheer amount of emotion in the scene.

So, what about you guys?
Rainshine
The scene where Ed bursts through the gate, for me too.
I remember when I read it in the manga, I almost cried, and couldn't wait to see it animated.
And then when I did see that scene for the first time, I was kind of disappointed, when Ed got pulled back into the gate.
But then he burst back through the gate, and the music started, and the look on Alphonse's face, and I cried. XD
Seriously. It's just such a beautiful scene, and is still my favorite. :3
Enlistment
Just found the scene on youtube. It's subbed with annotations, so you might wanna leave them on. Got goosebumps both times I watched it biggrin.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayFxc7ngqm0

Enjoy!
Rainshine
Ooh, thank you!! happy.gif *watches*

There's another video with that scene on Youtube... *goes to find*
I found it!
It doesn't have Ling and Envy talking in the beginning, it starts when Ed first falls into the gate.
RoytheFlameAlchemist
I agree, in emotional i think that scene wins, but i also loved Roy finishing Lust.
Deadbeat007
The Gluttony's stomach arc was always a favorite of mine. Another favorite is the scene where Ed convinces Winry to drop the gun and spare Scar's life. Both were well done.

This is a lesser favorite, but I really liked the scene shortly after Lan Fan severed her own arm, when Ling sprang through the sewer cap and begun tying up Gluttony. The animation was just really fluid, and I liked the theme music playing there. smile.gif

QUOTE (RoytheFlameAlchemist @ Dec 13 2009, 07:46 PM) *
I agree, in emotional i think that scene wins, but i also loved Roy finishing Lust.

^ Another good one, and much better than it's manga version, I think. I guess it's pretty much impossible for me to pick a single favorite scene.
Enlistment
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edF3PcLcQYM&NR=1
That ones for you Roy wink.gif Enjoy.

Sorry Deadbeat but I can't find that scene on Youtube. Allt he gluttony scenes are AMVs of him vs Wrath in Shamballa =/
Deadbeat007
^ Oh that's alright, thanks for trying. biggrin.gif
Irena
Roy vs. Lust was one of my favorites. You can't deny that it was srsly sexy.

Also, when Ed and Al meet Ling and his gang. The fight scenes were a lot of fun, and Ling's "I no speak this country's language! See ya!" never fails to make me giggle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtw5gYyw12w
EveningAlchemist
Ooh! There are quite a few well done scenes that I liked, but the one that got me the most was Roy's battle with Lust! When the music started, my heart started pounding as well! The funniest has to be when Lin does his "I no speak this country language!" moment. The one with the neatest effects is Scar's flashback, because of the striking black and white.

Even though these are repeats from anime1, I liked how Nina's scene, Hughes death, and pretty much all of episode 5 were done ^o^

And there was this scene and that scene too, but I have to stop myself! I could go on for a long time about this... <3
hawkflame
QUOTE (EveningAlchemist @ Dec 14 2009, 07:15 PM) *
Ooh! There are quite a few well done scenes that I liked, but the one that got me the most was Roy's battle with Lust! When the music started, my heart started pounding as well!

Yeah, it's really hard to top the Lustang fight in episode 19. It actually took an already awesome manga scene and made it even more spectacular. Also one of the best uses of music in the entire series. I must have watched that moment 20 times by now.
Mr. Deathy
I'd wanted to see Mustang vs Lust animated since I read it in the manga 4-5 years ago. It did not disappoint.

That being said though the end of episode 26 was one of the few moments in the series where I can wholeheartedly say "better than the manga." I think the person who directed that episode has only done that and episode 1 so far. Hopefully they're back for more soon.
mersaydee
Oh wow! Great topic idea. happy.gif Here are mine, in no particular order:

*Ed begging Truth to bring back Al after their disastrous attempt at human transmutation. The voice acting is incredible. "Take my HEART! He's my only brother!", combined with the tears rolling down Ed's face and him performing alchemy without a circle for the first time - yikes, it's powerful. Still makes me get a little sappy.

*Al apologizing to Roy when he first meets the brothers. That repeated "we're sorry... we're sorry..." just nukes me.

*Roy vs. Lust - ALL of it, but specifically when Roy shows up to save the day. "Well said, Alphonse Elric!", complete with the "hero music" (which I think had never been used before, and has only been used once since). Episode 19 is a standout, from start to finish.

*This covers a couple of episodes, but Ling Yao and Ran Fan versus Gluttony and Wrath. Up to this point, Ling had mainly been somewhat of a comic relief type of character, but these sequences show that he is NOT someone to mess with, and that he's a deadly combatant in his own right. The animation when he's fighting is just so darn fluid, and you KNOW if he were up against anyone but Wrath, the fight would be over in seconds. I also love when he jumps down on top of Gluttony, ties him up, and then *throws* him like it's nothing. Ling Yao 4-Evar, man!

*Ed bursts through the gate to tell Al to wait for him. Guh! It's amazing - like a lot of you, I was like, "whu? where's his promise?" But the way Ed just shoves on through is brilliant!
Vicious74
Episode 25, Envy delightfully explaining his contribution to the Ishval war.
Radadinator
QUOTE (mersaydee @ Dec 14 2009, 10:21 PM) *
...complete with the "hero music" (which I think had never been used before, and has only been used once since). Episode 19 is a standout, from start to finish.

The "hero music" (which I refer to as the "Mustang grills Lust to death music") was actually used again in Episode 26 when Ed starts the transmutation. And I think it was used again in an episode somewhere between 19 and 26, I forget which one.

Pretty much my favorite thing in FMA ever is the scene where--you guessed it--Ed sees Al's body at the gate. Ed suddenly blasting through those doors made me jump out of my seat, but it was worth it for all the brotherliness and kickass awesome.

Episode 5 is also a favorite for me. I love how realistic this series is sometime--Ed's hair actually curls in the rain!

And that one part where something important happened--I think it involved Mustang and...maybe Lust.

mersaydee
QUOTE (Radadinator @ Dec 14 2009, 11:05 PM) *
QUOTE (mersaydee @ Dec 14 2009, 10:21 PM) *
...complete with the "hero music" (which I think had never been used before, and has only been used once since). Episode 19 is a standout, from start to finish.

The "hero music" (which I refer to as the "Mustang grills Lust to death music") was actually used again in Episode 26 when Ed starts the transmutation. And I think it was used again in an episode somewhere between 19 and 26, I forget which one.

Pretty much my favorite thing in FMA ever is the scene where--you guessed it--Ed sees Al's body at the gate. Ed suddenly blasting through those doors made me jump out of my seat, but it was worth it for all the brotherliness and kickass awesome.

Episode 5 is also a favorite for me. I love how realistic this series is sometime--Ed's hair actually curls in the rain!

And that one part where something important happened--I think it involved Mustang and...maybe Lust.

Ah, I had forgotten that the music was used again when Ed did the transmutation in 26. I know they most recently used it when Olivier came out of the elevator at Briggs riding a tank. biggrin.gif

Another thing I forgot to mention earlier:

*Ling becomes GreedLing. I'd always figured that the process of becoming a Homunculus was difficult, but good LORD, that was so visceral. The way he was writhing around and just screaming - yikes! Kudos to Ling's VA, who made that sound like a very painful process!
IceSkadi
Roy vs Lust is one of my favourite scene of the manga and BONES did a great job with it. I really like the whole episode, even the scene where Barry's body took back his soul crying for joy.

Another wonderful scene is when Envy explains to Ed and Ling what he did at Ishbar. His creepy laugh is fantastic.
Enlistment
The music in the Roy>Lust scene is called "Clash of the Alchemists" on the FMA:B OST.

Nice to see so many scenes coming up, brings back the memories smile.gif
hawkflame
I gotta say, the moment in this most recent episode, with Olivier slashing Raven and seeing him sink into the cement has got to be up there.
KwiatekAlchemist
-I love the part when Ed slipped and fell down the stairs. It happened when Ed and Al got to the North.
Ed walked in a funny way as well, I cannot get over that. xD
(I think it was episode 32 or something)

- When Ed sees Al's body in the gate. When the music started playing I actually cried.
awesome/beautiful scene.
Prisoner747
Riza going nuts when she thinks Mustang is dead (can't for the life of me remember what ep though...)
Thalogens
QUOTE (Prisoner747 @ Dec 30 2009, 09:59 AM) *
Riza going nuts when she thinks Mustang is dead (can't for the life of me remember what ep though...)

That was ep. 19.
Yahh, thats one o my favourite bits aswell. That whole episode, actually.
amestris_star
Definitely Ep. 19, but lately I've been rewatching all the eps, and I must say... that I love a whole lot of scenes! wink.gif
SneakyRuler
I love a lot of the scenes in Brotherhood but what really did stick out for me was the moment Ed saw Al's body in the gate... and then the body spoke in Al's voice, sounding so sad and so gentle... it got to me even more than in the manga. And the rest of this was just amazing and overwhelming, Ed rushing through the door...

(Another vote for episode 26)

Watched ep 19 again after some time and man, it was intense! Still like ep 26 more though. Hope some new scenes get like this. It's nice when you have so many good moments to choose from!
Kitchan
Episode 19. Just...Episode 19.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.