Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chapter 102 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
paca
First time FMA manga readers, please post your thoughts and discussions on chapter 102 here. smile.gif

For info on the "Reading Reference", go to page 28.

==============================

Chapter 102 Raw on MU, (courtesy of Raw-Paradise, posted by Michiyo-)

Mirror on MU
(courtesy of Michiyo-)
Mirror on MU, Mirror on ZU (courtesy of SneakyRuler)
Mirror on RS (courtesy of Kasumisty)

*If you get "file temporarily unavailable" message on MegaUpload links, try refreshing, try it again later, or please try other mirror link ^^

Also, link for on-line reading site with their scanlation of chapter 102 is posted here. (courtesy of causmicfire)

Thank you, everyone!! happy.gif

<ETA: This thread is hereby declared as a SPOILER PARTY thread. ...meaning, you don't have to use Spoiler tags (except on the first post of the thread) while discussing the content of this chapter on this thread. smile.gif ~ Board Staff >

------------------

Preview raw pages:
first ones:
gangan cover

chapter title page
larger file of title page

larger file (not from photobucked)
bad quality ^ I will look for a better one
here "good" quality

See Tombow's post below for the quick translations.

* hope they upload more soon they have just opened the topic, i will bring them as they are uploaded *

[Edit] more pages from 2chan http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/forums/...st&p=715459 beware of spoilers

<Last edited by Michiyo- on May 27, 2012>
Tombow
Thank you, Paca! ^^

(Following pic links are courtesy of Paca ^^)

Please keep in mind that the following are very interim "quick" translations, and bound to change once we get to read the whole chapter. smile.gif

Chapter title page
Chapter 103: "In front of the gate/door" (This is totally "interim" chapter title, as the raw title can be interpreted in many ways, and I have to read the whole chapter to see which translation would be applicable here. ^^)
Caption: Their memories are as abound as their footprints; Memories that bound them together.........

Page 1
SFX: Boom
----------------------------
Selim: "I would rather not to use this means, but..."
Selim: "I have no choice." "We are short of time."
Roy: "?!"
Caption on the side: They chose Roy as the last 'human pillar of sacrifice.' What will happen next?
Michiyo-
Thanks for bringing the pics, paca! biggrin.gif

They're uploading the pages here:
http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=679634394
We just have to keep checking. ^^
jacksparrow589
Thank you SO much, paca! (Of course, now I'll be checking as constantly as I can, and today's my busiest day!)

Hmm... it woud appear that Selim/Pride is telling Roy something rather important that Roy was unaware of. No big surprise there. And the title page... interesting. Hopefully that alludes to something actually in the chapter this time. But it's from Liore. The sun god, right? Sun god + eclipse = me possibly reading a bit too much into this...
FMAobsessed
Thank you for the preview pages paca!
amestris_star
Just one thing...
Oh... my... God.

Thanks for posting those <3
Kale Mustang
Thanks Paca for posting and Tombow for the small translation.

Was the statue that Ed and Al standing on Leto? Kinda reminds me of it... And the opening splash page looks great too - though I'm amused that Roy's eye is blue in the pic. tongue.gif
Tombow
^ You're welcome. ^^ And, yeah, that looks Leto, and I wonder what that means... I kind of agree with jacksparrow589's Sun God vs Darkness/shadow/eclipse connection posted above. smile.gif
lunneth
wow. nice job on finding this stuff. must take ages
paca
Thanks for translations! ;D

QUOTE (Tombow @ Dec 9 2009, 02:12 PM) *
^ You're welcome. ^^ And, yeah, that looks Leto, and I wonder what that means... I kind of agree with jacksparrow589's Sun God vs Darkness/shadow/eclipse connection posted above. smile.gif

I agree with th Leto realtion you two say but I may add that also it is exactly the point where it all started for as as readers... just a coincidence maybe pulled by Arakawa xD
Tombow
QUOTE (paca @ Dec 9 2009, 01:26 PM) *
...I may add that also it is exactly the point where it all started for as as readers... just a coincidence maybe pulled by Arakawa xD

Good point!! The FMA story comes full circle. (* gets nostalgic for a moment * sleep.gif ) And, that fits the caption perfectly, about their memories together, the memories that are as abound as the footsteps they made on their journey, and these memories bonding these two brothers.... smile.gif
HisshouBuraiKen
Everyone keep your eyes on mangastream.com, there should be a scan up later today!

I'll refrain from posting the full translation until there's an actual raw out...but let me just taunt you guys by saying AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHOLYSHITOMG

XD

Oh, and my translation for 101 is up on mangahelpers if anyone's interested. Busy month last month...busy enough for me to put off FMA for the first time in three and a half years!
Tombow
QUOTE (HisshouBuraiKen @ Dec 9 2009, 01:34 PM) *
Everyone keep your eyes on mangastream.com, there should be a scan up later today!

I'll refrain from posting the full translation until there's an actual raw out...but let me just taunt you guys by saying AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHOLYSHITOMG

XD .....

^ Thank you, HisshouBuraiKen for the 'heads-up'! smile.gif

Kale Mustang
Agreed as there's probably a good reason as to why they made Leto a Sun God, as opposed to anything else, and it does coincide with the eclipse. And I also agree with the statue relating to both the chapter's title and the series coming full-circle.

Though it seemed at times like the story seemed to go off the beaten path, I'm willing to guess that Arakawa has kept some form of note of the entire plot, kinda like JK Rowling and the napkin she used to plot Harry Potter on.

And thanks HisshouBuraiKen for the oh so cruel tease tongue.gif, but glad to know that it's coming soon.
Michiyo-
Thanks for the info, HisshouBuraiKen! Can't wait to read this chapter!
A Pierrot's Aria
QUOTE (HisshouBuraiKen @ Dec 9 2009, 11:34 AM) *

XD

Okay, now I'm excited. xD I hope you're referring to something to do with Al. *shot* I've been dying to know what's going on with Ed and Al since they were taken away.
Winry Chan
And thus it starts again.

Thank you paca for the scans and Tombow for the quick translation, and HisshouBuraiKen for an unbearable lip-biting impatience that will have me unable to sleep until the chapter comes out.

Thanks HisshouBuraiKen for getting Chapter 101 out. Don't worry about taking time off- it makes the return all the more better!
Kasumisty
Thank you! Waiting impatiently for the full raw. Glad to know it is on its way out :F
redfirelily
How can I study when I know that chap. 102 will be out soon!

Thanks for the info, HisshouBuraiKen and Paca for the scans! happy.gif

Full Metal Elf
Thank you so much!!

I can't wait for more pages, and eventually scanlations.

OMG...Roy obviously has no idea what's going on, and I'm sort of afraid as well to find-out! As long as he doesn't die >_<;;...and is just meeting-up with Ed and the others
jacksparrow589
Awww, paca broke my theory! Well, only sort of, since I was half-agreed with... But it's okay, really! I was totally just making the connections I wanted to see. Maybe it does go for both... Well, only time will tell. I must go to class (again... dry.gif) but I'm so definitely going to be checking back as soon as I possibly can! *is beyond excited*
HisshouBuraiKen
@Full metal Elf -

No one dies...BUT...Someone gets fucked up REAL bad.
amestris_star
QUOTE (HisshouBuraiKen @ Dec 9 2009, 08:07 PM) *
@Full metal Elf -

Okaaay. Now I'm seriously scared *nods*
Alzea
QUOTE (redfirelily @ Dec 9 2009, 07:34 PM) *
THIS! Screw the Middle Ages test, I'm going to stay up late now and wait for the chapter xP
Ah, you're so cruel HisshouBuraiKen T^T anyway thanks for the info and thank you paca for the scans and Tombow for the translation~!
Kale Mustang
QUOTE (HisshouBuraiKen @ Dec 9 2009, 11:07 AM) *
@Full metal Elf -

Holy crap now I can't wait for this chapter...
AzzieMusical
Excited!~

I'm so glad internet started working again. I even mentioned to a friend I BET the chapter was going to be updated whilst it was down D:
hawkflame
Thanks for the uploads, guys!

I'm going to -really- try to refrain from reading HisshouBuraiKen's spoiler (want to keep some surprises!), but I'm guessing that given Pride's reluctance here, the transmutation is going to come at a big, big cost to someone, even if it isn't death...
redfirelily
QUOTE (Alzea @ Dec 9 2009, 09:14 PM) *
THIS! Screw the Middle Ages test, I'm going to stay up late now and wait for the chapter xP

I'm afraid that I'll already be asleep when the chapter comes out! D:

I don't think that Roy will die in this battle, he has to be the Führer and keep his promise smile.gif
A Pierrot's Aria
QUOTE (HisshouBuraiKen @ Dec 9 2009, 12:07 PM) *
@Full metal Elf -

I wish you could just tell us. xD *shot* Seriously, now I'm gonna start chewing my fingers up to my elbow! xD
Hyperthia
QUOTE (HisshouBuraiKen @ Dec 9 2009, 11:07 AM) *
@Full metal Elf -

No one dies...BUT...Someone gets f*!@ed up REAL bad.

ohmy.gif
OMGWTFBBQ!! I can't wait!! This is killing me! I wonder who's gonna get muffed up... I'm thinking Roy?

When exactly does this chapter come out (like, in the US)??
Alzea
QUOTE (redfirelily @ Dec 9 2009, 08:20 PM) *
QUOTE (Alzea @ Dec 9 2009, 09:14 PM) *

I'm afraid that I'll already be asleep when the chapter comes out! D:
Same for me, argh, those damn time zones, but I'll do my best in staying up late, in the worst case I'll be a zombie tomorrow morning xD No, let me be a little optimistic, it's only 8:30 pm here, maybe it won't be that bad Oh, well, I've got a Macbeth to keep me busy and few things to read about Middle Ages ;D
Anyway, I'm wondering, does this getting f*!@ed up really badly is about Roy and this transmutation or maybe Al...but I think it's Roy or maybe...ARGH! It's killing me >.<
Gimpyhair
From what I've seen, I think Pride have more chance of dying or being near to death, than Roy. Don't forget Father still need him. Maybe Pride will be the payment instead of Roy, anyway, we will see soon! smile.gif
Michiyo-
QUOTE (HisshouBuraiKen @ Dec 9 2009, 08:07 PM) *
@Full metal Elf -

Now I'm worried...

I need the raw NOW!
Barb
Same time zone over here... just can't wait for it x_x

What HisshouBuraiKen said is driving me crazy!
A Pierrot's Aria
Is the RAW expected to come out at a certain time or does it just appear at any time? (If that makes sense! @_@) Sorry, I really don't know anything about these things...X.x
Winry Chan
QUOTE (HisshouBuraiKen @ Dec 10 2009, 03:07 AM) *
@Full metal Elf -

How would it be out so soon? It's still the "wee" hours of Thursday morning here.
Levive
Oh gosh... it's "only" 8 hours of difference between Poland and Japan... But I hate all-nighters, especially during the week, and I have a surgery tomorrow so... it would be nice if I could wake up well rested with a new chapter ready to read! That would DEFINITIVELY make my day!

And thank you, thank you, thank you for the preview and translation! You guys rocks!

And there's also the possibility that Greedolina will be the one to get beaten, don't you forget that. I think they're there on the cover for a reason, huh? Or maybe just a lack of artworks? Aww, either way I can't wait! tongue.gif
bloodside
OMG thanks 4 everythin but im real cuious right now how comes HBK knows about the script and yet we dont
cant wait 4 this chapter to come out
Kuura
AAARGG! This is horrible! Last month I swore I wouldn't look the spoilers anymore... yeah, sure. rolleyes.gif Now I'm (over)excited, but I really have to go to sleep because it's already 10:30 pm here... This sucks! I really hope we'll get the raw tomorrow.
redfirelily
QUOTE (Alzea @ Dec 9 2009, 09:28 PM) *
Same for me, argh, those damn time zones, but I'll do my best in staying up late, in the worst case I'll be a zombie tomorrow morning xD

Exactly! I wish at times like these I lived in Japan.. or USA...

I hope Father will give some kind of an evil guy explanation so we'll at least have some idea about his plans with the sacrifices.
Alchemical
Thanks for the pages and translations, guys!

*attempts to sit down and wait patiently*
RoyxRizaFan
I really wished I hadn't looked at HisshouBuraiKen's spoiler. You can't just say that and leave us hanging >_<

Thanks for the preview pics, paca, and the transltation, Tombow!
Mr. Deathy
The recent references to the Sun God Leto in the manga (the colour page here and Hohenheim noticing Ed's statue, etc) have made me feel sad that Brotherhood skipped on Ed transmuting the statue in the side of the church. I wonder if that will come back to bite them in the behind by the end of the story.

I'm pretty sure the person Hisshouburaiken referred to in his spoiler will probably be Scar. His time is about to come I'm sure. Definitely someone in that group anyway.
HisshouBuraiKen
QUOTE (RoyxRizaFan @ Dec 9 2009, 04:29 PM) *
I really wished I hadn't looked at HisshouBuraiKen's spoiler. You can't just say that and leave us hanging >_<

I can and will! Muahaha!

So hopefully the scan will be done in 3-4 hours, one of the cleaners is off to attend to some errands or something. I don't really know, I just kinda show up and do my thing ;P
Qashqai
QUOTE (HisshouBuraiKen @ Dec 9 2009, 10:04 PM) *
QUOTE (RoyxRizaFan @ Dec 9 2009, 04:29 PM) *

I can and will! Muahaha!

So hopefully the scan will be done in 3-4 hours, one of the cleaners is off to attend to some errands or something. I don't really know, I just kinda show up and do my thing ;P

So cruel. ;___;

If it's about cleaning scans or typesetting, hey, I can help. I'm lazy cleaner/typesetter from The Black Abyss scanlation group XD

Damn, I was hyped about this chapter for last three days, I'm addicted. And now after seeing first pages I can't think about anything else but to see actual scan LOL.
And I want to know what happened to Al so bad. *Al's fangirl*
amestris_star
Which brings the question... where's the RAW?
Alzea
QUOTE (HisshouBuraiKen @ Dec 9 2009, 10:04 PM) *
Damn, so it looks like the best option for me is going to bed and see the raw in the morning since I'll be a total zombie around 1-2 am
Anyway thanks for the information it just gave me few more hours of sleep (since I would just gave up and went to bed around midnight)
AzzieMusical
QUOTE (Qashqai @ Dec 9 2009, 09:14 PM) *
Damn, I was hyped about this chapter for last three days, I'm addicted. And now after seeing first pages I can't think about anything else but to see actual scan LOL.
And I want to know what happened to Al so bad. *Al's fangirl*

Hey... I think I know you from LJ <3

But I agree.. I'm desperate to see what's happened to Al! He's barely been in it for so long, and we only had a panel of him conscious.
Qashqai
QUOTE (AzzieMusical @ Dec 9 2009, 10:18 PM) *
Hey... I think I know you from LJ <3

But I agree.. I'm desperate to see what's happened to Al! He's barely been in it for so long, and we only had a panel of him conscious.

I think I know you, too. 8D *all hail long-haired Al XD*

We, poor Al fans, unloved by Arakawa. Ugh.
XDDD

I hope in this chapter it'll be solved, seriously. If not, I'll want to eat some beef...
FailToImpress
Omg, this is exciting.
I can't wait to see the chapter.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.