Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yourself In Fma
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fanworks > Fanarts
Pages: 1, 2
Sapphire Alchemist Naur
For the artsy types here post drawings of what you would look like as a character; whether it be soldier, mercenary, homoculus, state alchemist, auto mail mechanic, whatever; in FMA. I'll be posting my own soon but just wanted to get a thread going on it.
Bling_bling_Angel
wink.gif Hmmm... you got a head start of me!!! Yeah, I'll post as soon as I can scan 'em...

I'll be a soldier...
Sapphire Alchemist Naur
Ok I've finished the lineart to mine, here it is (yes that is what I look like more or less).........

IPB Image
dreamcatcher_alchemist
wow. that's really good lineart. are you going to colour it?
Sapphire Alchemist Naur
Of course I'm going to color it, hence why I said it was the lineart tongue.gif
Omakase Shimasu
Oooooh, great job! *__* You'd make a fabulous FMA official. wink.gif
RoyxRiza BigFan
its good for a start >O<..i need to draw better @__@
ShootinStar
Oh! This looks fun! I'm gonna start on mine soon! happy.gif
wolfi1412
I got mine, I just have to re-scan it..
ShootinStar
XD;; This is all I have so far, but it wasn't as easy as it looks.
IPB Image
Oh, and by the way, that picture was made in MS Paint. =D
dreamcatcher_alchemist
that's not bad at all for being done in paint! I need to ink mine now...
luciferownsme
I chibified my mentally dead self as State Alchemist...I need to make an un-chibi version still

http://www.deviantart.com/view/10878476/
xrninja
IPB Image

i've always been good with hand-to-hand weapons, so....rolleyes.gif i'm changing the sword attachment design next time though, i don't like how they connect in the back. i didn't copy the fuhrer because i designed the character earlier on in the series tongue.gif this has been hiding in my sketchbook for awhile.....another calc doodle. hmm, i scanned it in a little crooked.
Blade42
That picture is really freaking good....well, all are good.
Aqua_Alchemist
heh XR's reminds me of all the tenchu pictures i used draw.
Demon
I really wish I could drawn but I just don't have the talent. So I will just describe what I will be.

Name: Jake "Shadow Alchemist" Crandall
Height: 5' 8"
Eye Color: Black
Position: State Alchemist
With a mechonized upper body.
hagane_no_tokage
IPB Image
this is actually the concept image i drew of ren, the original character protagonist from the fanfic i'm working on. she's an exiled ishbalite (i know their eyes are red, you'll have to read the fic if you want to know why hers are aqua...ufufu), but as i developed her character more, it dawned on me that she's actually a lot like me... short, spunky, a tomboy with too much attitude and a big mouth...but fiercely loyal, and a little self-righteous...tho she's really not a bad egg once you get to know her.

ergh, and i know self-insertion is the first step in creating a mary-sue...but i honestly didn't do that on purpose... it just fit the story for her to be that way... ^__^;;

so...yeah, if i was in the hagaren universe, she's who i would be. heh, then i would get to have cool boots like that. oh yeah. happy.gif

sorry the image is so dark, my scanner is busted *kicks* so i had to use my digicamera, and the flash was too bright and washed it out too much. i will prolly re-take the picture with some better lighting, but i was dying to show her off. i didn't draw it in this image, but she has a coat thing she wears, too. it's indigo.
Tasuki
Thats not a bad picture of ren....But her legs look a little big blink.gif ...Everything else is good. I havn't looked up where you got her eyes aqua from but i'm going to.
hagane_no_tokage
thank you. happy.gif her legs are supposed to be a little big, she's a total tomboy and a bit of an acrobat, actually, so her legs aren't supposed to be long and lanky like a typical anime girl. she's not a bishoujou.

and i have only gotten the prologue of the chapter up so far, but i will be posting more soon. XD i'm having lots of fun writing it.
xrninja
cool! hahah my character's named ren too. but that's because i just chopped off the first part of my name, lauren, and i use ren as a nick a lot XD what's you use to draw it? good job on muscles and perspective. darn you multi-talented people.
hagane_no_tokage
lol, are you serious? hah! small world. i just have always liked that name (in japanese it means stanza...like a verse in a poem), and i have really been wanting to use it somewhere... and since it's not a strictly japanese-sounding name, i thought it fit my ishbalite character nicely.

i sketched her in pencil first, then did the lineart in marker and colored her with prismacolor pencils. mediium of choice. happy.gif i find that when i am writing a fic, it helps me write an original character if i have a visual idea to run with, so i usually end up drawing them before the fic gets very far. i actually sketched ren first and then later decided to make a story to go with her. biggrin.gif
Hex-Sama
@Tokage: HOLY TUXEDO MASK! YOUR SO GOOD AT DRAWING! ohmy.gif Bravo! Encore! I give it a 10 out of 10! Flawless.

Tokage--> cool.gif
hagane_no_tokage
QUOTE(Hex-Sama @ Dec 3 2004, 11:40 PM)
@Tokage: HOLY TUXEDO MASK!

BOL! holy tuxedo mask?? aaahaha, wow, there's a name i haven't heard in a while. i totally wanted to smack mamoru when he was suddenly like, "omigod... I AM tuxedo mask!!!" ~_~ what a git... bout sharp as a sack of gym socks, that one...yeesh.

*blush* glad you like my pic tho. i have a deviant page if you wanna see some of the other stuff i've done: http://hikarisama.deviantart.com/ there isn't a lot there right now, but i'm working on it. happy.gif

i personally really liked xrninja's pic with the nunchaku. very nice. i was never very good with sectioned weapons, i've always preferred a jo staff or my sai. hm...maybe i'll give ren a staff, that might be fun... *rubs chin and gets her pencils*
xrninja
thanks! i'm best with my bo staff and then with my katana, but i love using sai and nunchaku smile.gif but when i practice with sai for too long my hands get really numb ohmy.gif

we can be the ren duo of martial arts kickassness >)
Ninie
Did two crappy sketches of what I would look like...

IPB Image

As a soldier, or as an alchemist. I can't draw bodies, so... >.<

My friend did this:

IPB Image

I consider this another posibility... wink.gif cool.gif
hagane_no_tokage
QUOTE(xrninja @ Dec 4 2004, 11:56 AM)
thanks! i'm best with my bo staff and then with my katana, but i love using sai and nunchaku smile.gif but when i practice with sai for too long my hands get really numb ohmy.gif

we can be the ren duo of martial arts kickassness >)

i never had any luck with my katana, my arms were too friggin short to draw it properly, so all i wound up doing was whittling away at the saya. *pout* i loved working with the staff, but unfortunately, i had a falling out with the people in my weapons class, so i had to stop going... i still rpactice with my sai...but there's only so much you can teach yourself... i want my senpai back!!! XP yes, let us be the ren twins of ass-whooping. ufufufufu....

ninie, you're greed's bi-yatch!? aaha! that's awesome!!! XD i suck at CG art, i wish i could do it, but i can't. i'm an old-fashioned pencil and paper kinda artist. happy.gif
DarkWater Alchemist
Wooohooo ! Done ! Finally. I never took so much time to color as for this one, and I don't even know why. If I don't watch myself, I'll end up being a perfectionist biggrin.gif

Tis me in FMA style, but I'm a bit short, my legs shoud've been longer. I must be about Ed's height like I drew myself here.

IPB Image
Akaina
hagane no tokage: I luv how you drew yourself as not the typical shojo with the long, skinny legs and arms^^ Pencil and paper is a good skill to have, I can't really color outside of digital art. Whenever we're in art class all my friends expect me to be the best at everything just because I can draw, but I'm really not ^__^()

Ninie: Those aren't crappy! The oultines are crisp, which is something I have yet to master in.. anything. My skteches are always so dirty.

DWA: lol, I'm not very good with bgs either, I always find one way to slack off...

All ya'll have your martial arts and what-not to defend yourselves... if someone came at me I'd yell at them in chinese and hope they got scared off ^__^()
Akaina
Okay, something i whipped up real quick. I don't think I'll color it, but maybe if I'm bored...
IPB Image
I thought the Chimeras that were with greed (manga) were cool, so I'm a cat mix.. or something ^__^
dragonflame327
Wow, these are great!^^ hagane_no_tokage you're a pencil and paper person too? If you don't have one, I suggest getting a tablet, which is what I might just split the payment on with my mom, and then ask for PhotoShop and art supplies, maybe a few video games for Christmas.

I drew one of myself, but the head's too big. A common problem for me since I don't use any guides at all... *sigh* It came out good too. My hair in the picture will be alot longer than it is now, but I'm not growing it out until I leave the house.
Akaina
Where can you get tablets? Can you buy them somewhere that's not online? 'cause I want one but I don't think my parents know what they are ^__^()
dragonflame327
Oh, hell, I think I saw one at Circuit City. Comp USA would be a better bet though. The good ones (6x9 I think it is and up) will run you $250, which is why I wanna split it with my mom. If I do that, I should still be able to get PS and some watercolors for Christmas.^^
Akaina
250$... riiiight. I think you have a good idea there, dragonflame^^() If i got that it would be my only present XD
Well, we have to go christmas shopping so... I'll just point it out to mumsy.
hagane_no_tokage
QUOTE(dragonflame327 @ Dec 5 2004, 05:42 PM)
Wow, these are great!^^ hagane_no_tokage you're a pencil and paper person too? If you don't have one, I suggest getting a tablet, which is what I might just split the payment on with my mom, and then ask for PhotoShop and art supplies, maybe a few video games for Christmas.

yup, i like art that i can touch. digital art was just never my bag. i mean, don't get me wrong, i have a lot of respect for people who CAN do CG art...cuz i suck at it in the first place... but i have always preferred traditional art, because i think that digital art is not as...authentic isn't exactly the word, but somehow, i think it lacks... something...that you just don't get with a strictly electronic canvas...

i might break down and get a tablet one of these days...but for now, i'm happy with my pencils. biggrin.gif

tokage demands artbooks, manga, and clothes from old navy for xmas!! XD
Hex-Sama
I would just like to say to all of those who have posted pictures of themselves so far that you guys are awesome artists! biggrin.gif I can't wait tell I get a scanner, then I'll post a pic of myself.
hagane_no_tokage
i look forward to seeing you! biggrin.gif do you have an idea in your mind? or will you be winging it? happy.gif
Hex-Sama
@Tokage: Discribe myself? Okay... *ponders* My name is the Wolf-Hearted Alchemist. What's so important about the "Wolf" part? Well, in the fma world, I wanted to be like a wolf so bad I preformed human trasnmutation on myself to become half of one sleep.gif. I know, its bad. Anyways I became a state alchemist in hopes to make up for the mistake I made by helping others. I'm 4' 10" and weigh 120. I might draw myself in uniform but I don't know for sure. Just think of a really short werewolf with red hair and blue eyes. laugh.gif
hagane_no_tokage
oh, are you a redhead IRL, too? biggrin.gif redheads unite!

that sounds kinda cool. heh, do you have a tail? i always wanted to have a tail...
Wildkittie
I drew one . . . but it's on notebook paper. (What else could I use? I was at school! x3 ) AND I don't have a working scanner at the moment . . . so I'll have to redraw it on MS Paint. sleep.gif;;
Blade42
I draw lots of stuff at school, and I always get caught, but when I punch someone I never get caught... And I don't know if I could actually try drawing myself without having me go insane of it not looking good.
Hex-Sama
@Tokage: Yup I'm a real red head. biggrin.gif And yes, I would have a tail. Tails are so useful. They can be used for balance and as a third arm. lol laugh.gif
hagane_no_tokage
yay! tails rule! tails and pointy elf ears! XD

want me to draw you? i'm intrigued by this idea...and i've never actually tried to draw a werewolf before... if you don't mind, i could take a bash at it. happy.gif
Hex-Sama
@Tokage: I would be honored if you drew a pic of me! biggrin.gif Just one request. Don't make me look like a old-style werewolf.. You know what I mean? I want my face to be more Wolf-like then human-like. Not like the Wolf Man from the oldies movies, more like the werewolves off of American Werewolf in London. Just put me in a military uniform, or maybe baggy pants and a loose t-shirt. Something like that... Thank you! *bows*
hagane_no_tokage
mmkay, so, more wolf than human, uniform, tail...red hair, blue eyes...got it. anything else? gimme any other nitty details you're looking for and i'll see what i can do. happy.gif
Hex-Sama
@Tokage: Keep in mind that I'm short... Shorter then Edward. *Light bulb* Oh my goodness! ohmy.gif Could you draw me standing next to Edward? Please? Just to show how short I really am, and how average height Edward is. laugh.gif Thank you.
Des
IPB Image

Kaizoku no Renkinjutsushi Des-sama! ^^v Bask in my gloreh.

... I'm shorter n' Ed too o.o; By one or two inches.

By the way, I really look like that. XD Hair AND clothes. I even wear the eyepatch sometimes. The automail's an add-on, but ... =P
Nemu
Hmmm, if Des is posting hers, I shall post mine, since we both worked on them anyway. It was fun.

I look like this mostly but I discovered it sucks to draw my hair without some sort of bandana thingie. And goggles and glasses look ridiculous together, so I just dumped my glasses. Anime me probably is able to stand contact lenses for longer than four hours. =3

Have fun staring at it, folks. Mizu no Renkinjutsushi!

Yes, it's a corny title, but water is easy to get from thin air, if you do it right. I actually had a theory on this stuff, so can it. XD

IPB Image
hagane_no_tokage
QUOTE(Hex-Sama @ Dec 7 2004, 09:21 PM)
@Tokage: Keep in mind that I'm short... Shorter then Edward. *Light bulb* Oh my goodness! ohmy.gif Could you draw me standing next to Edward? Please? Just to show how short I really am, and how average height Edward is. laugh.gif Thank you.

sure, i'll see what i can do. happy.gif i'll try and sketch something out tomorrow. biggrin.gif i will post the image in this thread when it's done.

((oh, i put up a new scene from my fic, i'd love your opinion.)) XD
Hex-Sama
@Tokage: Thanks! biggrin.gif Your the best! Both at drawing and fanfiction. (and also cosplay) smile.gif
M!NTS
wow everybody is artistic!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.