Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Theme Of Edward Elric, New Ed Character Cd For Fma:brotherhood
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Music > FMA-1 Anime Music > Hagaren Song Files: FMA-1 Character Songs
kkg22104
Guys, since you guys seem more concerned about the discussions on rar files (jk tongue.gif ) I moved the posts with the real Ed theme song discussion content to FMA:Brotherhood Character song CD thread, and also moved that thread from Music forum to FMA:Brotherhood forum, as we've been already discussing FMA:Brotherhood OP/ED/OST in FMA:Brotherhood forum. What's left on this remaining thread is not pertinent to FMA:Character CD discussions, so I will leave them here. But, I'm closing the thread so that people will not add any more posts here. It looks like you guys have already finished your round of "discussion," but in case you haven't, please take the remaining discussion to PM as I'm closing this thread. Also, eventually, I will take out this thread, as what's remaining is basically an off-topic discussion. But, I will keep the thread open for a while, so if any of you would like to copy/paste/whatever from any of the post contents here, please go ahead and do so sometime soon. smile.gif ~ Tombow

----------------------------

QUOTE (A Pierrot's Aria @ Oct 27 2009, 12:59 PM) *
I posted this on LiveJournal a while ago, but I thought I'd post it here for those who may visit here but not there. xD
If any other mirrors are needed, please feel free to let me know. : )

I can't open .rar files D:
Broken Chouchou
QUOTE (kkg22104 @ Oct 28 2009, 12:29 PM) *

I couldn't either sad.gif

I enjoyed both songs, second one was the better one. First one was a little too "intense", or rushy, for my tastes. Kinda like the Brotherhood series tongue.gif
AA battery
QUOTE (kkg22104 @ Oct 28 2009, 11:29 AM) *

QUOTE (Broken Chouchou @ Oct 28 2009, 11:41 AM) *
I couldn't either sad.gif

I enjoyed both songs, second one was the better one. First one was a little too "intense", or rushy, for my tastes. Kinda like the Brotherhood series tongue.gif

OH GEEZ. Why can't you people just google. Seriously, googling for the answer is a lot quicker than whining about not being able to open .rar files. RAR is an extension that has been around since I started high school (and I FINISHED a bachelor's degree by now) and it is VERY VERY VERY COMMONLY USED by groups who release scanlations and music. =_=

1) Go to google.com
2) type in ".rar extension"
3) READ. THINK. APPLY WHAT YOU READ.
4) Apply the above "technique" before you ask a similar question again. If you are old enough to be on the internet you should be old enough to look for your own answers.

I get this "how do I open .rar files" question on a weekly basis on my websites that it's not even funny.

quick answer if you are really that friggin' lazy/incompetent to google for the answer, go to rarlab.com and download that program for extracting .rar files. There are 10000 other programs that can do the same thing so you don't have to get winRAR if you don't want to. PERIOD. GEEZ.
Broken Chouchou
OH GEEZ. Could you be any less of an a$$?

Did I even whine the first place? No, I just stated that I couldn't open the damn file. Because I couldn't. And since it's not my computer I'm using I'm a little extra cautios when it comes to downloading r@ndom programs from the internet.
AA battery
I was being *nice* and made YouTube version of the songs because so many people like you couldn't open rar files. I don't waste time and effort to upload the songs onto YouTube just for sh!t like pageviews; I did it because I am aware that some people could only listen to them online, so I believe I have done you a favour by providing the YouTube alternative. I gain *nothing* from providing the YouTube links. So maybe I shouldn't have bothered to spend 15 minutes of my life doing that? AND don't call the rar file the "damn file". Is it the file's fault that you can't open it? No. It's your fault that you were unwilling to figure out how to work around it.

You could google about .rar extension to learn that it is a COMMON format, not just any r@ndom programs. You are 17, old enough to look for a solution on your own instead of stating something like "I couldn't open the rar file either" which implies that the topic starter chose a bad option of providing .rar download. Appreciate what you are being provided. You stated that you weren't being whiny, but you sounded very whiny to me. Or maybe you were complaining. If you are soooo worried about internet security in the first place, don't use someone else's computer to go online (or well just don't use public computers for anything). The second you are online, your computer is vulnerable to anything on the internet. Every file format (even the most common ones like .doc and .ppt) *CAN* carry a virus, so it's not only the unfamiliar files (in your case, the .rar extension) that are unsafe. Opening e-mails can make your (friend's?) computer catch a virus. Browsing any website can make your computer catch a virus. So are you gonna stop surfing on the internet? No. You learn about how to protect your computer, and scan files w/ anti-virus scans to make sure it is safe. Anyway, enough of my lecturing. Next time I won't bother making a YouTube audio file for people like you.
Broken Chouchou
QUOTE (AA battery @ Oct 29 2009, 10:26 PM) *
I believe I have done you a favour by providing the YouTube alternative

Yeah, you did. Then you spoiled it by being such a dry smart alec about people not knowing how to open a file, which someone else (NOT YOU) provided - I don't even see how it's really you bussiness to jump in "lecturing" here.

I get this "how do I open .rar files" question on a weekly basis on my websites that it's not even funny.

Then you should know that everyone may not have the same knowledge as you. And if THAT gets you so frustrated that you can't even stay away from taking it out on people on other forums, perhaps you shouldn't have your website in the first place?

Is it the file's fault that you can't open it? No. It's your fault that you were unwilling to figure out how to work around it.

I couldn't open it because I didn't have the necessary application. And why, when I had about 5 minutes to be online before I had to go, and just wanted to see if I could hear one of the songs out, didn't I take the time to "figure out how to work around it" (the file, that is), and search the web to gather information, and then find an appropriate program which I would then have to download? I think I just answered that by phrasing the question. And I am aware that as soon as you open your Internet browser your computer becomes receptible to viruses - that's why, as I said, I try to at least be a tad cautios with downloading programs (and when I say program I mean program, not format) that I don't know too much about, especially from providers I know nothing about.

OH GEEZ. Why can't you people just google

PERIOD. GEEZ.

Major overreaction? This is what gets me irritated. If you don't ask, you won't know, isn't that how it goes? So why should I get a bunch of crap for asking (or in this case stating the problem) instead of being met by helpful advice? Sure, you did give out some information, but in a VERY condescending tone. Which brings us back to the "taking out your frustration on other people"-point again.

Anyway, I really don't want to deal with this. What is it that you want? An apology for not sitting on all the necessary facts? Fine, you have it. And thanks for providing the youtube versions. I believe I failed to mention that earlier, before your rant.
kkg22104
Oops, sorry guys, I didn't mean to start a flame war over that comment D: I was just hoping A Pierrot's Aria could kindly upload the files in a different format, which she did. Thank you so much! happy.gif
AA battery
I monitor downloads of my files and it's merely 1% of the population who downloads and did not take the time to look up how to extract .rar. What makes me disappointed is that people ASK before they TRY to find a solution on their own. And it's mainly people who don't spend enough time browsing the other portion of the forum to learn the answers to begin with. How often do you see people asking about how to open .rars in the scanlations threads? The last scanlation I did had over 100 downloads in 2 days and no one asked me now to extract the .rar, while right here, the two replies right after mine asked about it. Seeing a trend here?

I maintain a website to share my interests, not to answer the same question every week. (It's especially annoying when I just answered it and then someone asks the same thing again in 2 hours... how hard is it to read a post above yours?) My website is for sharing my interests, not for answering computer related questions, which should be taken to a computer forum/message board.

And why, when I had about 5 minutes to be online before I had to go

Hey, my youtube link was already there before you posted, so it was ready for you to listen. YouTube videos load up instantly. You could have waited till you are free again and look up the .rar if you really needed to download it? It's not like someone will reply on a forum within 5 minutes you asked a question.

While I admit I over-reacted [normally I ignore the newb questions], I have to stress that people need to stop asking such questions when looking for the answer takes less than 3 minutes. I have knowledge? Is Googling rocket science? The only computer courses I have taken are the ones provided in high schools 6 years ago (and technology back then is so behind compared to now). Everything [computer related] I know, I learned from Google. I can assure you that even with a degree now, I still feel I know nothing and learning is endless.

What do I want? I want people to try and look for their own solution before they ask. You can remember how something works better if you experienced it instead of getting the answer right away. If you spent 15 minutes and still can't find the answer; fair enough, I'm willing to help. But if you spent no effort and you just asked right away, then I don't want to help. If someone else can figure out how to use .rar, I'm sure you can figure it out on your own too. Once you learned it, you won't have to ask the question again.

Anyway, I hope you get my point. I apologize for over-reacting, and I hope people will try to figure out an answer to their question before they ask. That's why I'm not becoming a teacher as I don't want to be asked why x + y = z and explain it over and over again on a daily basis.
Broken Chouchou
Point taken. I still feel like there are some misunderstandings, partly because I don't speak english super-well, and partly because I was a bit rushed when replying. But I'll think twice (and use google) before sticking my nose up and offending someone with my lack of general computer knowledge in the future.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.