Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FMA: Brotherhood Character Theme Songs CD:
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Music > FMA:Brotherhood Anime Music > FMA:Brotherhood Character Songs
Pages: 1, 2
AA battery
"Alphonse song files" for the new series

1. 風に抱かれて (Kaze ni Dakarete) (Embraced by the Wind)
2. Restore steppin'

... personally I think both of the songs sound bad... The melody is weird and I don't like the noisy instruments used in the songs. Kugimiya Rie and Park Romi's singing improved, but it doesn't change the fact that whoever wrote the music really failed at it. XD; I very much preferred Ano Yume no Mukou he (Kugimiya Rie sounds reaaaaally girly in that song but hey at least it sounds relatively good) and Boku wa Koko no Iru (this song is a bit weird as well but I guess I got used to this song so I do like it. XD; ) I had my hope high when I learned that there is finally a song sang by just the brothers, but...

Though I do somewhat agree that the melody does fit the lyrics...

What do you guys think?

PS. I dislike OP3 and ED3 as well. I listened to these two songs once and I don't feel like listening to them again. XD; OP1 and ED2 are my favourites.

For Kanji and Romaji of the song, please check the fm_alchemist community on LJ. ^^ I posted them here.

mp3: http://www.sendspace.com/file/vyfdc9
FLAC: http://www.sendspace.com/file/649fqf
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2sYdrUgjWE
A Pierrot's Aria
Personally I love them both! : )

The first track (Embraced by the Wind) has a David Bowie kind of sound to it (in my opinion,) and I absolutely adore Bowie's music, so my favourite is definitely that one.
I adore the singing in the second track and the music is lovely, yet lively. In fact, the music in both tracks are brilliant, in my view. : )

(And I the 3rd opening and endings are two of my favourites! Man, I sound like I'm just saying the opposite just for the sake of it. oO I assure you, I'm not. xD;;;)

Broken Chouchou
These are on the OST? I can't find them on youtube, where can I listen to them?
A Pierrot's Aria
I've uploaded the songs to MediaFire. I hope it's okay to put links to downloads here, please let me know if it isn't! @_@

Embraced by the Wind
Restore Steppin'
AA battery
QUOTE (A Pierrot's Aria @ Oct 19 2009, 06:41 AM) *
Personally I love them both! : )

The first track (Embraced by the Wind) has a David Bowie kind of sound to it (in my opinion,) and I absolutely adore Bowie's music, so my favourite is definitely that one.
I adore the singing in the second track and the music is lovely, yet lively. In fact, the music in both tracks are brilliant, in my view. : )

(And I the 3rd opening and endings are two of my favourites! Man, I sound like I'm just saying the opposite just for the sake of it. oO I assure you, I'm not. xD;;;)

LoL It's okay, music is a very subjective thing ^^;

QUOTE (Broken Chouchou @ Oct 19 2009, 07:48 AM) *

It's on Alphonse's character CD. Not on the OST. Anyway, I have added download links to the top post.
Edit: Added YouTube version via "popular" demand...
Rainshine
QUOTE (AA battery @ Oct 19 2009, 02:21 PM) *
QUOTE (Broken Chouchou @ Oct 19 2009, 07:48 AM) *

It's on Alphonse's character CD. Not on the OST. Anyway, I have added download links to the top post.
Edit: Added YouTube version via "popular" demand...

Whoa wait... character CD? huh.gif
So... each character has their own CD now?
Little Washu
QUOTE (Rain-Alchemist @ Oct 20 2009, 11:23 PM) *

They did in season one as well. They're just CD's with 2-3 songs sung by the character/group of characters the CD is by/for.
Rainshine
QUOTE (Little Washu @ Oct 21 2009, 02:49 PM) *
QUOTE (Rain-Alchemist @ Oct 20 2009, 11:23 PM) *

They did in season one as well. They're just CD's with 2-3 songs sung by the character/group of characters the CD is by/for.

Oh Okies! biggrin.gif
This is just the first I've heard of it... huh.gif
A Pierrot's Aria
~ Theme Of Edward Elric, New series Ed Character CD ~

I posted this on LiveJournal a while ago, but I thought I'd post it here for those who may visit here but not there. xD

I came across 'The theme of Edward Elric.' I've seen Al's around, but I haven't really seen Ed's posted around anywhere yet, so I thought I'd do the honours. xD

Personally I really like both of the songs, especially the first track- very rocky. : )

Thank you to Shikumo (of LiveJournal) for translating the song titles for me! <D

1. 夢の原石, which means "The Ore of Dreams"
2. 紅月, which means "The Red Moon"

DOWNLOADS

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y43E7IQ8
http://www.sendspace.com/file/35om3c

If any other mirrors are needed, please feel free to let me know. : )
AA battery
YouTube link for Ed songs for those who can't download .rar for whatever reason.
Ed songs on Youtube

I like neither of the songs... oTL
Though I must admit after forcing myself to listen to Theme of Alphonse Elric 30 times I'm starting to get used to the songs. I guess I'll do the same for Theme of Edward Elric. ._.

Is it just me or does Yume no Genseki resembles a different song? When I listen to it I kept thinking... "Hm, I heard something similar somewhere before..."

I don't like the songs but I do agree that Park Romi and Kugimiya Rie both did very well in both singles.
A Pierrot's Aria
After listening again I actually do prefer the second to the first. xD;

(LOL I feel like I'm the only one who is okay with the pacing of FMA:B...I guess it's because I'm used to watching ones that are paced so slowly and I feel it's just better to get on with it. I know where people are coming from though...But anyway...that's for a whole different thread! xD)

If there are people who'd like to download the mp3s to their computer I uploaded them both seperately without winrar...

Track 1- http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?4mzmznw2roy
Track 2- http://www.sendspace.com/file/onh6ha

And thank you, AA Battery for uploading it to YouTube! : )
Levive
Titles of theme songs for Ling and Ran Fan.

Ran Fan:
1 空風 [karakaze - dry wind]
2 そっと、そっと [sotto, sotto - gently, gently]
3 空風(instrumental)
4 そっと、そっと(instrumental)

Ling:
1 ナンバー王 [I think it's something like "King #1" I'm not sure though]
2 光の射す場所 [Hikari no sasu basho - Place bathed in the light]
3 ナンバー王 instrumental
4 光の射す場所 instrumental

Sorry if the translation is not perfect, I did it on my own or/and sorry if already posted.
Deadbeat007
@Levive - Thanks for the info on Ling & Ranfan songs! Do you know when these were/will be released?
Michiyo-
@Deadbeat007: The singles will be out on December 9.
I'm looking forward to hearing them. smile.gif
FMAobsessed
I look forwarding to hearing Ling and Ranfan's character songs. I know that Ling's VA has a great voice, but I have never heard Ranfan's VA sing.
Levive
QUOTE (FMAobsessed @ Dec 7 2009, 04:01 PM) *
I look forwarding to hearing Ling and Ranfan's character songs. I know that Ling's VA has a great voice, but I have never heard Ranfan's VA sing.

Then I highly recommend you to listen to her "Hime Murasaki" live here. Absolutely stunning! I hope Ran Fan's songs will be something like that. And I'd like to hear a duet by Mizuki and Miyano, it'd be amazing!

OT: And wow, new opening in January? Already? Time passes so fast... ohmy.gif Can't wait to hear the song. Do we have any info on the ending theme? Watching / listening to ops and ends is definitively my habit tongue.gif
Deadbeat007
QUOTE (Michiyo- @ Dec 7 2009, 01:03 PM) *
@Deadbeat007: The singles will be out on December 9.
I'm looking forward to hearing them. smile.gif

Oh nice, thanks for the info!

OT: Also looking forward to the new OP. I agree with Levive, time passed quickly.
shiroe
QUOTE (AA battery @ Oct 19 2009, 02:14 PM) *
"Alphonse song files" for the new series

1. 風に抱かれて (Kaze ni Dakarete) (Embraced by the Wind)
2. Restore steppin'

... personally I think both of the songs sound bad... The melody is weird and I don't like the noisy instruments used in the songs. Kugimiya Rie and Park Romi's singing improved, but it doesn't change the fact that whoever wrote the music really failed at it. XD; I very much preferred Ano Yume no Mukou he (Kugimiya Rie sounds reaaaaally girly in that song but hey at least it sounds relatively good) and Boku wa Koko no Iru (this song is a bit weird as well but I guess I got used to this song so I do like it. XD; ) I had my hope high when I learned that there is finally a song sang by just the brothers, but...

Though I do somewhat agree that the melody does fit the lyrics...

What do you guys think?

PS. I dislike OP3 and ED3 as well. I listened to these two songs once and I don't feel like listening to them again. XD; OP1 and ED2 are my favourites.

For Kanji and Romaji of the song, please check the fm_alchemist community on LJ. ^^ I posted them here.

mp3: http://www.sendspace.com/file/vyfdc9
FLAC: http://www.sendspace.com/file/649fqf
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2sYdrUgjWE

OMG I loved the 2nd song!! Romi Paku-san's voice is so great! I'd love to imagine Ed singing the song (it'd be so sexy!) biggrin.gif And I agree with A Pierrot's Aria that the music in both tracks are brilliant!

Thank you very much for the links! (although I'm unable to dl them now the server is so busy sad.gif)

I'm liking other character theme songs as well, it's always good to hear your favorite characters sing for you! biggrin.gif Looking forward to Ling and Ranfan 's character songs. Those must be great.
Deadbeat007
QUOTE (Levive @ Dec 8 2009, 06:37 AM) *
Then I highly recommend you to listen to her "Hime Murasaki" live here. Absolutely stunning! I hope Ran Fan's songs will be something like that. And I'd like to hear a duet by Mizuki and Miyano, it'd be amazing!

She really does have a nice voice, thanks for the link. smile.gif Does anyone know how many characters will ultimately have their own tracks?
Emily_BrokenAngel
OMG!!
Thanks a lot pals!!
Thanks for uploading the Character Songs!!

Iīve been waiting for them long time xD
Yeah, i supposed that it will be a matter of time heheh

Thank you thank you!

I really loved Alīs and Edīs songs, geez good voice lol
I hope someone can upload Lan Fanīs u u

See ya! =D
EveningAlchemist
Whoa, cool songs. I remember hearing them on YouTube sometime ago, and not being particularly interested, but stuff like this grows on you!

Ed's songs are my favourite so far. They have cool titles and become catchy after a while. They're dreamy but have rock elements, kind of like Edward himself! laugh.gif

Al's are also very dreamy, and sweet too. Yet again, just like Al! I guess they really are "character themes".

Lan Fan's song was good too, but I could never imagine her singing! It's still suits her though.

I wonder if Roy and Riza with get some songs like they did before. Roy's were my favourite last time, because his VA had such a smooth voice (and Roy's my fav character tongue.gif), and I hope they will be just as good this time!

*goes to get songs on I-pod <3*
A Pierrot's Aria
(Copy and pasted from my LJ journal.)

I got mine in the post today ... And sorry, I hope it's okay that I'm only using Sendspace - it's just that other sites are going stupidly slow for some reason. xD Also, I uploaded the songs individually for those who don't have WinRAR.

I LOVE Ling's CD! Seriously, especially the second track; it sounds so beautiful and so sad...The first track is stupidly catchy.

THEME OF LING YAO

Track 1 - ナンバー王
Track 2 - 光の射す場所
(If someone can do an accurate translation, please share! <D )

Sendspace- http://www.sendspace.com/file/rli9sq

EDIT- Here are the Mp3s individually for those who can't use WinRAR
Track 1- http://www.sendspace.com/file/s9kosl

Track 2- http://www.sendspace.com/file/oyvymi

I'm not sure what to think of Lan Fan's...>.<; Although I think I like the first track better.

THEME OF LAN FAN

Track 1- 空風
Track 2 - そっと、そっと

Sendspace- http://www.sendspace.com/file/jnwdje

Individual MP3s without WinRAR
Track 1 - http://www.sendspace.com/file/lg5ien

Track 2 - http://www.sendspace.com/file/7n0lsk

The second track on Ling's CD is definitely my favourite.
Levive
AAA thank you thank you thank you!
I'm so glad that someone have finally posted these theme songs! I've already heard Ling's songs (Hikari no Sasu Basho is sooo beautiful, it's just a pity I don't know what he's exactly singing, since I understand only a half of the song) Thank you thank you! Downloading Ran Fan's theme now.
Also, is there anyone with the CDs' scans? I'd like to see them too.
A Pierrot's Aria
^ No worries! : )

The scans were posted on another thread...Here they are.

Levive
Again, thank you very much! ^^
Now, that I've heard both CD's I have to say that I really like the songs. Just like in Ling's case, I prefer the second one from Ran Fan (Sotto, sotto). For me the melody just suits better Nana's (Ran Fan's seiyuu) voice. The only thing I don't like is that we get no duet this time! I wanted to hear them both singing, oh well...
These are still wonderful songs, In my opinion they are better than Elrics' themes.
A Pierrot's Aria
^ I still don't know what to think about Lan Fan's themes...They're growing on me, but I don't think they're the best...@_@ I think the Elric's are better than Lan Fan's; but I think, for me personally, Ling's are my number one favourites.
Dearheart
Is it just me, or does Lan Fan's second song sound a bit Celtic? Not the instruments, of course; just the melody and the rhythm. It's cool, but I'd like it SO much better if there was a violin in it or something...or if it at least wasn't so electronic-sounding... *hates synthesized stuff*
A Pierrot's Aria
QUOTE (Dearheart @ Dec 11 2009, 05:09 PM) *
Is it just me, or does Lan Fan's second song sound a bit Celtic? Not the instruments, of course; just the melody and the rhythm. It's cool, but I'd like it SO much better if there was a violin in it or something...or if it at least wasn't so electronic-sounding... *hates synthesized stuff*

I agree! I actually said that exact same thing to someone on LiveJournal. xD Glad I'm not the only one who picked up on it. =P
Dearheart
Haha! Great minds think alike! xD

OOOHHH!! You know what would also REALLY sound good on it? Acoustic guitar. I'm hearing some great guitar work right now. If that was the main instrument, it would be so cool. biggrin.gif Heck, if this song was more acoustic PERIOD, the whole thing would be a lot better I think.

Great, now I have a whole different version of this song playing in my head and it sounds AMAZING, and it's torturing me. I wish you guys could hear it...
Deadbeat007
Just gave em a listen. Not a fan on Ling's first song, but his second is fantastic, I think. I actually like Lan Fan's songs. They have a sort of drive to them that suits her character. Both VA's did well, though Ling's second song is definitely my favorite. Thanks for posting! smile.gif
black~hayate
I wanna Hawkeye and Mustang themesong. But even the release date isn't known yet... =(
Michiyo-
I just listened to the character themes, I like both. Ling's second song was the best of the four songs.

I want Roy & Riza character songs too.
SneakyRuler
Me too. And Armstrong siblins' duet, please. And maybe some cool song of villain all star team!

*runs off to get some tea* Now seriously. Thank you,A Pierrot's Aria for the songs. I find them... well, Ling's songs are quite nice but without much instrumental backup and for LanFan's songs I'd probably need Dearheart's guitar. So far I like both Edward's theme songs the most... but that's probably because I know them longest and played them the most. In another round, I'll be here complaining how Ling's and Lan Fan's themes are the best and the new ones suck biggrin.gif

Mamoru Miyano sure has beautiful singing voice, that's a given.
Levive
You know I'm a big fan of Ran Fan's VA and I'm sure she could do better, what doesn't mean that these songs are that bad. I really like the celtic element in it. I love Ling's themes, number one is funny and somewhat fitting the character, while Hikari no sasu basho makes me feel like flying away. I just regret that there's no duet of Mamoru and Nana, I've been eager to hear them both singing. Now I have a question, do you know where I can find lyrics for the songs? I'd like to know what they're exactly singing since I can't understand everything. Either way, I wonder what characters' themes they will do next.
Deadbeat007
Does anyone have translated lyrics for Ling and Lan Fan's songs?
Radadinator
I really like Ed's first song--the one that's called Yume no Genseki, I think. It stands out as pretty Ed-like to me (with the chorus, and the wild guitar--no Ed song is complete without a guitar involved somewhere.) I also like Ed and Al's duet.

The only song that stuck out for me out of Ling and Ran Fan's songs is the Number One song by Ling. Especially those little Chinese chimes, lol.

What I really want is a translation for Ed's song, though.
A Pierrot's Aria
Sinnesspiel, a member of Livejournal, kindly linked me to his translations for Ed's and Ling's songs. I know he's done Al's song translations too, you'll just have to sift through some earlier journals if you'd like them. : )

Theme of Ed Lyrics
Theme of Ling Lyrics
Deadbeat007
Thanks very much for the lyrics, A Pierrot's Aria!
shanryelric
love ed's Yume no Genseki. who cares about ed being emo. tongue.gif love the tone, and the chorus too!! imagining ed singing it is going to be WOW. SEXY. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

can't wait for roy and riza character song!!
i think.. the songs are great, love ling's and lan fan's.

what i think is.. well.. they're seiyuus, not singer, what do u expect? smile.gif and about some opinions saying that the music is bad, fans mostly only care because their fave character is singing. so they dont really care about the tone. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
A Pierrot's Aria
Finally got my Theme of Fullmetal Alchemist CD in the post! biggrin.gif So here are the songs by Roy, Riza, Winry and Ed. : )

If anyone wants the kanji lyrics, I'll scan them in for you, or if people want a different hosting site, please let me know.

Bonne Nuit - Riza Hawkeye (Sounds very lovely)

Inochi~ Mei~ - Roy Mustang (I'm irritated to find that he just talks all the way through it. xD)

Look Up at the Sky - Winry Rockbell (I actually quite like this, sounds very nice! : ) )

Determination - Edward Elric (Nice to hear a slow song from Ed. biggrin.gif )
Michiyo-
Thanks for sharing, A Pierrot's Aria! Now I can finally listen to the full songs! biggrin.gif
Kasumisty
Yay, finally! I will be forever grateful for it tongue.gif

It may be better to upload these on some streaming hosting. I will take care of it.
A Pierrot's Aria
No worries, guys. : )

And I'll be thankful for that, Kasumisty, I'm not a part of any streaming website...and I know that some people prefer streams! Thank you for doing it! : )

Kasumisty
Bonne nuit: http://kasumisty.wrzuta.pl/audio/4GUWbpWuiHp/bonne_nuit
Inochi ~MEI~: http://kasumisty.wrzuta.pl/audio/7DPG9Plutqr/inochi_~mei~
Look Up at the Sky: http://kasumisty.wrzuta.pl/audio/5o63tIONj...k_up_at_the_sky
Determination: http://kasumisty.wrzuta.pl/audio/7s4LrCPimHV/determination

Wasn't expecting for Roy's VA to talk through the whole song...
Rest of them are nice.
Flamez_Freak
am i the only one who found roy's song to be cool....its so LIKE him.......other songs were as expected....waiting for a nipponsei/LONE release now....
AA battery
Thanks for sharing those, A Pierrot's Aria~!
A Pierrot's Aria
^No problemo. : )

I'm listening to them again now, and on second listen, I think Roy's does have a charm to it that makes me really like it- Maybe it'll be even better when I know what the lyrics say. And I actually really love the music. xD

And I never expected it, but I really love Winry's. xD

@Flamez_Freak I've posted the songs for download already on the last page; would you rather I added the other songs on from the CD and/or put them into a zipped file for you?
AzzieMusical
Thank you so much for sharing!

I loved Winry's song, it sounded really 80's to me! The only issue was that the VA didn't always keep the voice sounding like Winry.. but a gorgeous song nonetheless.

Riza's song is.. really boring. Not impressed with it.

Ed's is amazing as ever, but he always tends to get the amazing songs.

Roy's was.. interesting. I think I need to listen to it a couple of times.
Flamez_Freak
QUOTE (A Pierrot's Aria @ May 29 2010, 03:45 PM) *
@Flamez_Freak I've posted the songs for download already on the last page; would you rather I added the other songs on from the CD and/or put them into a zipped file for you?[/font][/size]

i think that would be extremely nice of u........do it only if its okay with u.....thanks a million in advance

hilary
Big Big thanks to A Pierrot's Aria!!I've wait for these songs sooo much!!
I love the song of Edward most tongue.gif

Could I transfer these song to Baidu forum for other people to download it? smile.gif

Thanks for the songs again!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.