Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Darker Than Black
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime > Let's discuss your fav anime series here!
lunneth
Darker than Black: Kuro no Keiyakusha (DARKER THAN BLACK -黒の契約者- Dākā Zan Burakku -Kuro no Keiyakusha-?, literally "Darker than Black: The Black Contractor") is an anime television series, created, directed and written by Tensai Okamura and animated by Bones. It premiered across Japan from April 5, 2007 on MBS, TBS,
(Source - Wiki)

Plot Summary: In Tokyo, an impenetrable field known as "Hell's Gate" appeared ten years ago. At the same time, psychics who wield paranormal powers at the cost of their conscience also emerged. Hei is one of the most powerful of these psychic agents, and along with his blind associate, Yin, works for one of the many rival agencies vying to unlock the mysteries of Hell's Gate.

List of Characters

Genres: adventure, drama, mystery, science fiction, supernatural
Themes: neo-noir, post-apocalyptic, superhuman, superpowers
Episodes: 25
Age Rating: Older Teen (Significant bloody violence and/or swearing and/or nudity)
(Source - ANN)

------------------------------

darker than black is hard to explain. its a modern day fantasy/crime/gore series. it moves very episodically and most of the time it feels like its just an experimental anime, but with a stroy line that is only really uncovered at episode 5 it still keeps a good pace with interesting characters and eventually revealed plot lines. btw if your squeemish then DO NOT WATCH THIS.
the main character is chinese student Lee Shenshung. he seems shy and bland but when it calls he pulls out his alter ego Hei the black contractor or as the police call him the BK-201. he is what they call a contractor. a contractor is a person who is given a power in exchange for something like self harming. in the first episode a contractor is seen snapping his fingers in contract. Hei i don't know what he does but he still is a contractor. the modern day idea of tokyo in the anime is hiddwn by a fake sky line and a huge building called hells gate which circles off the city perimiter. the people occupying it are from a company named pandora and they experiment with contractors. i don't knwo what spectres are but i'm guessing they're the stars. oh and another thing: a star falls when a contractor dies. darker than black is an enthraling series that captures the imagination with good characters, a strange back story, lavish drawings and even a great sound track. oh and above all: its made by aniplex and bones. keep a look out for references to either companies in the anime itself. be prepared. this is gruesome stuff.
MaiShadowAlchemist
Ohhh Darker Than Black!!!! I've only seen at least 6 episodes without any order...but with the few I've watched I've LOVED the series!!! It is prettty confusing but I think it's worth it! XDXD
Forgiven
I made it to episode 13, then I had to stop watching it because my dad broke my laptop, and I didn't feel comforble watching it with everybody in the room on the family computer. Plus summer was almost three days away to being over.

But, great Anime! I loved it! (Thus far)
Popogeejo
Finished the first series not long ago. It was pretty good fun over all but it got a cluttered at times.
Still, November 11 alone makes it a good watch (his dub voice is great) and the main group is pretty awesome.

A new season started not long ago so you may want to check it out. Seems kind of pointless to me though, the 1st series seemed to wrap up pretty well (or at least kill off almost all the good characters.)
lunneth
well yet another anime i've spoiled for myself. i've gotten to episode 13 myself and i might get the dvds soon. they came out over here recently which is great

ETA:
i just noticed in episode 15 the logo on november 11'ths car is the bones logo. wow i have too much free time.
Popogeejo
Now look for the amount of times the number 201 and letters BK come up.
lunneth
lemme guess. 201 times? what is it said in like every episode?
Popogeejo
Probably not that much but it turns up all over the place (outside of referring to his code number.)
Best example is on his papers when he's entering the Gate.
kikuchan xx
I've already finished watching it and it was really good. And I really really love the new season of it. smile.gif
KwiatekAlchemist
I just started watching it now!
I like it so far. (:
Royai263
I loved Darker Than Black. I finished the anime completely, seasons one and two. The ending made me cry.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.