Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Episode 26: Reunion - Content Discussion Thread
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Anime
Pages: 1, 2
Tombow
Talk-back/content discussion for English dubbed episode on Adult Swim starts on page 5. smile.gif

Please post the discussions on the content of episode 26 here.
This thread is declared as a Spoiler zone for the content of the first 26 episodes.

* Where to watch this episode

* HD Screen caps of this episode to be posted on this link address sometime later

* Episode Preview from FMA-2 official JP site:
(Translation by Tombow, with episode title from official sub on Funimation.com)
Episode 26: "Reunion"
TBF.... (currently I'm having problem opening up pages on the official JP site.. I'll fill in this one later. ^^)

=======================================

Episode Summary: (To be filled)

Characters in this episode: (To be filled)

Locations: (excluding review and preview scenes, to be filled)

Sound Track info for this episode that's known to us so far: (To be filled)

FMA manga reference: To the readers of FMA manga (To be filled)
penguintruth
My initial thoughts:

- Hey, I think there was some new music!
- Gluttony can be so cute
- I like seeing May in action
- Loved seeing Bradley's story put to animation
- Gold-toothed scientist!
- What's with all the Amestris map shots?
- Blah blah blah, overexplaining, just transmute yourself, Ed
- ALL RIGHT, ENOUGH CHATTER, GET TO IT
- Truth-kun!
- Ed sure is in a hurry to grab Al's naked body. He's your brother, sicky!
- Oooh, nice end, going out as Ed promises Al's body he'll be back for him
- What's this about Hohenheim hanging out at some celebration in the next episode preview? Anime-only content?
- Wait a minute: he's remember meeting Pinako... and Trisha! Loli Trisha! OH MY GOD, LOLI TRISHA!

Pretty solid episode.
allykatty1
All I can think to say right now is WOW, Bones is FINALLY getting it right! This entire episode had me alternating between staring slack-jawed at my computer and shrieking and smacking my hands on my desk! OMG, ***K YES! biggrin.gif It was all exactly as I pictured it and more, as good as the manga and maybe even better (as "better" as music and movement can make it).

Speaking of which, LOVE the new music in the first 2 minutes. smile.gif

Edit: Yeah, what was up with the bonfire in the preview? Was Trisha was just a KID when Hohenheim first met her? Assuming that it is Trisha we're seeing? Isn't that a little bit creepy? Ah well, guess it wouldn't matter much to someone hundreds of years old. Long as she's legal when they eventually get together...! Heh. biggrin.gif
Zii
On the live posts on LiveJournal people thought Envy was creepy? I didn't feel sick to my stomach when I saw Envy's true form (I think he looks cool, if a bit fake due to 3Dness). Al's body, on the other hand... x: Of course it was the goal, but it kinda ruined how awesome Ed was in the same scene.

How am I going to eat dinner now D:
amestris_star
http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2009/10/04...brotherhood-26/

Screenshots from usual source smile.gif
black~hayate
-everything what I wanted to say, got said.
-Envy... he kinda... could it be that he is the green lion? I mean, the painting of the green lion looks exactly like him (face and that) and if you look that way, Envy's hair in this forme looks like a mane.
Forsaken Love
havnt seen the episode yet, but ed seeing al in the gate is one of my most favourite parts of the entire manga, and the scene that made me hate anime1 entirley (i was like Alphonse! you AGED! XD) anyway im hoping for that scene to make me cry a little cause it did in the manga T_T cant wait to see it
Claudius
QUOTE (Forsaken Love @ Oct 4 2009, 05:20 AM) *
havnt seen the episode yet, but ed seeing al in the gate is one of my most favourite parts of the entire manga, and the scene that made me hate anime1 entirley (i was like Alphonse! you AGED! XD) anyway im hoping for that scene to make me cry a little cause it did in the manga T_T cant wait to see it
So, your hatred for Anime1 is based on their decision to put Alphonse's body in suspended animation? Ooh-kay!
Forsaken Love
i said 'entirley' as in the final thing to complete my hatred for anime1, there is nothing about anime1 i like comparing it to the manga, and the fact they had to screw up Al so much, to the point he didnt even age was just bizarre imo
Claudius
QUOTE (Forsaken Love @ Oct 4 2009, 05:39 AM) *
i said 'entirley' as in the final thing to complete my hatred for anime1, there is nothing about anime1 i like comparing it to the manga, and the fact they had to screw up Al so much, to the point he didnt even age was just bizarre imo
Well, it's apples and oranges to me. The plot point of Alphonse's body being in suspended animation is interesting. So is the plot point of Alphonse's body aging in the Gate. Neither is a detractor IMO.
Forsaken Love
hee yah XD well obviously i expect some people liked it =3 just for me personally i really didnt, and it really screwed up the age gap between the brothers and was just pretty confuisng, so i was very happy to see that Al had aged in the manga XD me wonders if i can find a RAW for this yet *looks*
edo little kid
Awwww !! what a fire , great episode this !!!
Oh my ! poor Edo & Ling very hurt ;__;
OMG !! my dear Alphones ;___;
also , Awesome backflash !!
there are a loooot of amazing parts in episode !!
the ep ending in Coooool part <333
Loool , can't wait the subs...

next ep: Awwww is that little girl , Trisha!!?
Hagaren_4ever
QUOTE (edo little kid @ Oct 4 2009, 10:36 AM) *

I highly doubt it. I don't think they're ever going to go into how Hohenheim and Trisha met, I know he didn't meet her when she was a little girl. I remember Hohenheim said the first time he saw her, I totally swooned.
Kasumisty
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayFxc7ngqm0 my favourite moment, especially from 3:10 (Ed's expression ;;)

Well, the episode was all-kind awesome, with that dramatic music, animation (I love how much realistic they're trying to get). But I've found Bradley's flashback boring, I don't know why. At first I was dissapointed that they changed ending, but when Ed smashed the Gate open and yelled Al's full name with the ending song playing in the background, I immediately changed my mind...

Oh, and I'm intrigued by that little laughs inside the Gate? I thought only that Truth babies from first anime were making such noises?
Animeoldtimer
QUOTE (Hagaren_4ever @ Oct 4 2009, 10:55 AM) *
QUOTE (edo little kid @ Oct 4 2009, 10:36 AM) *

I highly doubt it. I don't think they're ever going to go into how Hohenheim and Trisha met, I know he didn't meet her when she was a little girl. I remember Hohenheim said the first time he saw her, I totally swooned.

I agree, but I don't know sometimes they change details like this when adapting to television.
Good episode. I liked the way the gate scene was done.
Cece
I loved this episode. When Ed smashed the gate back open to talk to Alphonse I really felt the brotherly love. It shocked me because it was sudden but then i smiled. I also liked when Ling's foot got taken apart it caught me off guard. That's what I love about Fullmetal Alchemist it surprises me a lot. The pacing was also pretty good.
Vicious74
Fantastic ending to the episode. Romi Paku did an excellent job.
Mr. Deathy
Great episode, loved virtually everything. I was glad to see virtually everything retained how it should be for a change, due to that this was probably my favourite episode so far. It's a shame it cant all be so un-trimmed. I was worried Wrath's backstory would be condensed but it was all there.

Next episode looks erm...almost worrying. I assume it wont ALL be filler but it's really odd they're even inserting any, especially here. I wonder what purpose it has and how much of the ep will still be canon. I'd like to hope they could still make it to the end of chapter 54 even if it does have filler but I guess it's doubtful.
EveningAlchemist
All I can say is... Thank the Gate for an awesome episode! I was one of those that when it's done, I'm shaking. (Don't worry about me though, I just do that sometimes... wink.gif)
I loved the new music that was playing as Ed explained his theory, it was a beautiful piano piece.
Envy's body scared me about as much as a good Stephen King novel! *shudder*
The ending with Alphonse was just... ohmy.gif !!! He should get his body back soon so he can stop being scarily skinny!

CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE!!!
Krokgard
Subs are out early this week! Good smile.gif! Really an excellent episode, they did very well the Fuhrer's flashback. The best part, imho, is the "human transmutation", with Ed, Ling and Envy that jump in the circle. That is totally epic!

The only thing I didn't like was Ed pointing his finger to Al, but just because it looked too much static... anyway it's a "three seconds scene". Oh and I like the final scene's music that fade to the ending biggrin.gif like in episodes 19 and 22.
QUOTE ("Mr deathy" on post #18)
Next episode looks erm...almost worrying. I assume it wont ALL be filler but it's really odd they're even inserting any, especially here. I wonder what purpose it has and how much of the ep will still be canon. I'd like to hope they could still make it to the end of chapter 54 even if it does have filler but I guess it's doubtful.

Lol, I thought the same tongue.gif
KEKU
Fantastic episode. The serie's been running on steroids the past few episodes and I'm actually impressed with them now, heh.

Everything I have to say has pretty much been said. Over explaining was a bit tedious, but it was good to see Bradley's flashback, plus the little preview of Hoho/Xerxes arc.

Didn't get the preview at first since I don't recall a festival or whatever, but now that you mention it, that IS Pinako in the preview. And I'm seriously hoping that isn't Loli Trisha. That just ups Hoho's creepy factor a whole lot. >_>

Nice ending, although I was hoping Ed and Al would reunite in Father's lair. But I think they ended it at an even better point. Thought it was weird the ep was called Reunion when they didn't even reunite again, but now that I think about it, guess they were referring to Gate-Al.

Only 1 thing kind of irked me, which was the giggling Gate babies again. That was anime 1. There's a big eye and a bunch of hands in the Gate. No babies. Why the giggling? D:

Solid episode. IMO, this is on par with 24, closely beating out last week, and episode 19. Thur gettin' gud now.
QueenTiria
OMG I love this episode. Ed's determination was so moving, and they captured Al's expression perfectly, as well as Ed's^^
One Q: Didn't someone say there was going to be a new OP/ED this ep? Or was it just me?? Because I even saw someone post the new song links up tongue.gif
Well, I was expecting new ones for the beginning of the Briggs arc anyway lol.

Anyway, I'm not worried about the preview as it'll be interesting to see Hohenheim and Pinako's old days, because they never got to that in the manga. I wonder why she was called the '(actually I forgot lol)' by Dominic...
SneakyRuler
They did it. Episode 26 left me stunned in silence and I haven't watched subbed version yet! Ed unable to kill, Ed hearing Nina's voice again, Ed defeated and awaiting death... I could feel this.

Xiao Mei was cute, clinging to Al, but a prize for over-all cuteness gets to Gluttony.

Very well shifting from scene to scene. Gluttony + Al arriving at the entrance to Father's den had me confused for a while, took me some time before I realized it was the other door, not the one Ed was aiming to.

Ending scene... well, no comment on that. Amazing.
Kyelinn
Before I go into my explanation of my feelings on this episode, can I just say I want a little Xiao Mei of my own!!! She is sooooooooo cute!!!! Then again, I really do love panda bears. tongue.gif

Ahem, anyway this episode was just amazing. All of Ed's emotions, you could just FEEL them. This episode was particularly powerful and intense, in my opinion. Did anybody else start to feel all choked up when Ed saw his brother's body just sitting there in front of the gate and the moment Al told him he couldn't go with him and all of Ed's facial expression and the way Romi just totally pulled off the voice acting...wow. What really did it though was after Al told Ed he couldn't go with him, Ed was pulled through the doors and then busted through them and promised he'd come back for him, tears were just filling my eyes at that point and that part in the manga never gripped me the way this animation just did. It was like a multitude of many different emotions just slamming you in every direction all at once. They're really making this anime awesome now and I give BONES two major thumbs up. I can't WAIT until next week's! biggrin.gif I just knew that if we gave this time and gave BONES the benefit of the doubt it'd really become amazing and it has!!! biggrin.gif Oh and did I mention that Ed really does look sexy even though he's got blood and crap on him? :B I love that they're drawing him to look older now. I was worried about that at first. xD
Radadinator
Damn you, Bones.
That's right. DAMN YOU. Damn you for this stupid episode...and my stupid eyes...and the stupid stinging....

(Actual thoughts)

- Lots of blood/violence in this episode, excellent that they're not censoring anything.
- Ed in Envy's...tongue...was kinda...surreal? Is that the right word?
- They have blood stains now.
- Cool how Bradley is the only Fuhrer candidate with black hair.
- Just like in the manga, I was a little bored when Ed started giving his alchemy lecture 101, but at the same time pretty intrigued by the accuracy and research Arakawa put into this.
- Whoops, pause and break, gotta go clap enthusiastically for the Wild Things commercial. Okay, back.
- HERE WE GO....(Tumor saying "thank you..." ;__________;)
- Oh God, it's coming...
- Somebody get Alphonse a #2 and a Wonka vitamin.
- Not feeling the emotion...
- Wait, the Doors are closing? But but Ed, he didn't say "I'll be coming back for you..." Okay Bones, I KILL--
- Oh.

In short, I loved the last scene more than the one in the manga. What probably made me most sad was how Ed used Al's full name, since he hardly ever uses it...
shiroe
OMG, can the episode get any more awesome than this? A perfect 10/10 ep for me! Loved everything about it: animation, art, music, direction...Good job this time, Bones! thumbsup.gif
QUOTE (EveningAlchemist @ Oct 5 2009, 03:59 AM) *
The ending with Alphonse was just... ohmy.gif !!! He should get his body back soon so he can stop being scarily skinny!

AND Ed should eat double from now on so Al will be fed more! biggrin.gif
QUOTE (KEKU @ Oct 5 2009, 04:42 AM) *
Only 1 thing kind of irked me, which was the giggling Gate babies again. That was anime 1. There's a big eye and a bunch of hands in the Gate. No babies. Why the giggling? D:

Remember what Truth introduced of itself from episode 2? It is the world, or the universe, or the entirety, in other word, it can be everything, so why not babies? Truth is another sadistic bastard like Envy, so it was pretty much enjoying the reunion scene. At least that's what I thought.
What probably made me most sad was how Ed used Al's full name, since he hardly ever uses it...

Uhm, he uses it in extremely traumatic scenes, like in ep 2 when Al was taken away by Truth.
Kasumisty
QUOTE (EveningAlchemist @ Oct 4 2009, 10:59 PM) *

That's what scares me a lot.

In recent chapters of manga Alphonse's body was shown to be VERY VERY anorectic and it was calling his soul as a sign that it couldn't hold on anymore. I hope it wouldn't be found dead in the next chapter. Won't even imagine Ed's reaction if so ;;

QUOTE (Radadinator @ Oct 5 2009, 01:01 AM) *
What probably made me most sad was how Ed used Al's full name, since he hardly ever uses it...

It made my heart hurt a lot (and after certain Ed's expression everybody knows about). It's true, he only calls him like that in certain situations so it seemed extraordinary and special hearing it from him (and can't wait him to call Al's like that in the third opportunity - in the end)...and I love how it was added to the manga scene. My throat is still thight after watching the episode for the first time...
shiroe
QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Oct 5 2009, 06:41 AM) *

In recent chapters of manga Alphonse's body was shown to be VERY VERY anorectic and it was calling his soul as a sign that it couldn't hold on anymore. I hope it wouldn't be found dead in the next chapter. Won't even imagine Ed's reaction if so ;;

Wait, which chapter is that in the spoiler? I can't recall Ed seeing Al's body for a second time?
Imbris
Wow.

This was one of the best episodes of anime I've ever seen. I'm talking about anime as an entirety. 20 minutes of pure epicness and emotion. That was ****ing fantastic.
Kyelinn
QUOTE (shiroe @ Oct 4 2009, 06:50 PM) *
QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Oct 5 2009, 06:41 AM) *

Wait, which chapter is that in the spoiler? I can't recall Ed seeing Al's body for a second time?

It's not Ed seeing Al's body. It's Al seeing his own body. It can be seen here: http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/73/39/ http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/73/40/ http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/73/41/
Mistress of Misery
Holy crapmuffins on a shishkebab.

That episode was awesome.

I can actually be optimistic about Bones now. If they can keep this trend up, I will die happy.
Tezrath
Whoa........ That was awesome. Like someone else said, I felt like my mouth was hannging open for much of the episode. They are finally getting it right.

The jump to Bradley's backstory was a bit abrupt. And I thought the giggling gate-babies was a bit odd too... But I loved the transition into the gate... Ed's expressions, and Ling's reaction especially as his body/foot started to deconstruct. Could really feel Ed's shock in the fight with Envy that led up to it too... and I think I actually winced when he was thrown down on the stone slab before Envy swallowed him.

Kinda wondering what they are doing in the next ep though, with the Hohenheim scene from nowhere. I mean, they miss out on a bunch of the canon ones I wanted to see, and are inserting a Hoho/Pinako scene that isn't in the manga.... odd
Hagaren_4ever
Well, I don't mind the new material being released. I mean, it's not like they're changing something, or turning the story in a new direction, they're just showing us something that wasn't shown in the manga timeline. I don't think it should have an effect on the story. I just hope that little girls not Trisha. That would be a little... 0_o. It might be interesting to show more of Hohenheim's past. C'mon guys, stay optimistic!
zonkiethegreat
QUOTE (Hagaren_4ever @ Oct 4 2009, 10:13 PM) *
Well, I don't mind the new material being released. I mean, it's not like they're changing something, or turning the story in a new direction, they're just showing us something that wasn't shown in the manga timeline. I don't think it should have an effect on the story. I just hope that little girls not Trisha. That would be a little... 0_o. It might be interesting to show more of Hohenheim's past. C'mon guys, stay optimistic!

WOW you know...that might be Trisha...lol....I mean hey, Hoho is OOOLLLDDD.

But yeah WOW great episode!!!! The ending left me a little choked up!

I'm guessing next episode might be a little bit of filler about Hoho's life. They are probably trying to slow things down a bit since we are already around Chapter 53. I am just dying to see Ling turn into GREED!!!! Thats probably not for another ep or 2... sad.gif
Jen_Elric
WOW! I have nothing to complain about this episode!!! It was so fantastic!

Well....The backstory to Bradley starting the second half of the episode was kinda sudden, and the giggling in the Gate was weird, but this 2 things did NOT at all ruin the episode!!!

Next week's episode....eeehhhhh.....
I'm not really worried, since Bones has been doing great so far, but I AM worried for that same reason. it seems to be filler so they may slack off for this one episode, then get back to being great. I'm hoping that this next episode (even if it's filler) will keep up being great.
FullmetalMagician
Please Trisha... be the small little girl... please...
PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE. I think it's so cute that Hoenheim fell in love with Trisha that way (though it's not definite yet and is a bit weird in other people's eyes).

I liked this episode compared the the previous ones. I loved the scene when Ed was pointing at Al's body while he was taken away by the door...
Reminded me of the good ol' FMA anime. 8'D
Rainshine
Jesusmuffins.... this episode was just... wow.

I loved loved loved this episode!!! biggrin.gif
The animation, the voices, the music, and the scenes that I've been waiting to be animated for sooo long!
I love the way they drew Envy, and I love his voice.
And the part with Al in the gate... I almost teared up. sad.gif
And how Ed breaks through the door in the last bit to yell at Al's body about how he's going to bring him back... I just love it. wub.gif

There seems to be an awesome streak in the episodes... I hope this keeps up!!! laugh.gif
penguintruth
Wow, the past few episodes have been really good. I'm starting to like this as much as the first series.

This episode was a little too chatty during the Edward explanation bit, and needlessly, since he didn't have to spell out every little thing that led him to believe Xerxes was sacrificed. Though it is fun to now and then get little insights into alchemy arrays, so that offset it a tiny bit. Still, this was the only real part I had a problem with.

I loved the flashback to the Fuhrer's past. Baby Bradley was pretty adorable, and as a kid he looked a lot like Selim! I know they aren't really related, but still. And that scene with the gold-toothed scientist (do we have a fan nickname for this guy?) and Father, with Bradley becoming Wrath, was really well done. But the most interesting part was the bit were Bradley's fencing and he stabs a guy, and is worried at first, only to steel his resolve when the scientist assures him the other guy is just a pawn. It shows that there were moments when Bradley was unsure.

It's too bad Ed didn't have a sandwich in his pocket or something to leave for Al. I mean, does't Truth ever hand out snacks? Al's wasting away in there! Give him a Snickers or something!

This episode had perhaps the greatest end to any episode of either series with Ed bursting through the Doors of Truth to promise Al he'll return. With the manga ending, but him not doing this yet, I sure hope he lives up to his promise. And this scene just proves how spectacular Romi Paku is, and how she is without rival in this role.

There was a little bit of off animation here and there, but I had to look for it to find it.

This episode gave me goosebumps.
Mhacy
An epic episode.
I really love the ending part
Ed and Al reunion..but Al really looked like over malnourished compared to manga but the scene is still so touching^^
Seeing Mei fighting and kind of scared made her cuter xP
As for Bradly flashback, it was made of awesome biggrin.gif
I really loved the part when this anime made a flashback tongue.gif
Imbris
QUOTE (penguintruth @ Oct 5 2009, 12:43 AM) *
But the most interesting part was the bit were Bradley's fencing and he stabs a guy, and is worried at first, only to steel his resolve when the scientist assures him the other guy is just a pawn. It shows that there were moments when Bradley was unsure.

That scene probably shouldn't affect our opinion of him though. Bradley said himself that he's not sure if his current soul is even his body's original soul, or if it's from the philosopher's stone...so he doesn't deserve our sympathy.
shiroe
QUOTE (Kyelinn @ Oct 5 2009, 07:48 AM) *
QUOTE (shiroe @ Oct 4 2009, 06:50 PM) *

It's not Ed seeing Al's body. It's Al seeing his own body. It can be seen here: http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/73/39/ http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/73/40/ http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/73/41/

Thank you very much Kyelinn, I remember now biggrin.gif
Jealous Rogo
Another week, another episode here's my thoughts:

- Nice to see that they got the fight with Envy out of the way before the title of the episode even came up. I'm amazed how much longer I thought that was gonna be considering it's not in the Manga at all. Madness.

- There was some real pathos in this episode. You really felt for Ed throughout this episode, especially when being creeped out (like me I'd like to say) by Envy's... talking zits basically.

- I love how completely weird May Chang's memory seems to be. Is she on drugs or something? Would explain how she seems to be able to talk to her panda.

- Am I the only one who thinks Al and Gluttony make weirdly appealing double act.

- Same for May Chang and Scar, they kick butt

- Okay I know the opening contain alot of what actually happens in the series, however, the part where May Chang fights the three headed dog was so similar it just highlighted the animation quality difference. At least choose different angles, darn it.

- Oh suddenly the whole array thing makes sense to me... *coy chuckle of person whose read ahead hohoho*

- I do like the little exchange between Ling and Ed about 'if I don't make it' but I can't put my finger on why

- I don't think there's much more I can say about the scene with Al's body than has already been said. Amazing, one of the best moments in the series.

- Next Week: I am very suspicious that what we're seeing in the ending is going to last all of five minutes at most, and the only reason we're seeing it is to keep up the suspense of whether or not Ed and co make it back to the real world. Also if that little girl turns out to be Trisha that is just... creepy and contradicts what's said in the manga
Meu
Wow, isn't it great when you finally don't have to expect the worst from each upcoming episode? The quality of the whole anime has been amazing lately.
As many others in here, I loved the ending, though I don't have anything new to add to what's already been said...

Why do I find the "see you next time" thing hilarious with the skinny Al? "Thank you, come again"?
Forsaken Love
OMG! this episode was amazing! finally your stepping up to the mark now BONES! This episode was so powerful and emotional, I loved it all, and as hoped the meeting of ed and al in the gate did not dissopoint! Gawd i teared up, such an amazing scene, and i LOVE envys voice! OMG that VA (+voice effects) is just so perfect, theres not a word to describe its awesomeness! All in all brilliant episode love love love, whats up with next week though? anime only stuffs? well the previews only like 15seconds, probably just a little extra mixed in with the manga stuff

oh and can i just add, just as ed and als reunion in the gate, was the scene that made my absolute love for the manga complete, as is its equivilant in brotherhood, made me fall in love with this anime <3
Trakonda
Yes, I have to go and hype this ep with everyone else. I've been dying to see these chapters animated for so long.. especially the "Al's body in the gate"-one. I was afraid this one would yet again be moved to the next episode, but luckily it came at the very last minutes. And I have to say, it was an excellent way to end this week's episode, with the ED music starting a little bit early and all that (it's a really nice touch that adds some more emotion to these reunion scenes, I've gotta say.)

Ed's shocked expression was just nailed down perfectly, as well. And how Envy tossed him and Ling around and you could practically hear their bones breaking.. OUCH.

( And Shao May was adorably cute in Al's shoulder. biggrin.gif )
Broken Chouchou
Great episode. First time this show evoked emotions it struck me by suprise. Now I think it's happening more and more often. The telling of the story in this anime is getting better and better.

Thoughts:

- Young Bradley looked like Gattsu from Berserk.
- New compositions were great!
- Consitent animation. It was also impressive in its places.
- Al had way blonder hair than I imagined. And to hear his voice coming out of his real body was kinda stunning, I don't know why.
starkast
I felt eds rage when he said Als full name this was topped off with the lovely music, i loved it
FailToImpress
Ay ay ay
Awesome episode I must say.
penguintruth
QUOTE (Imbris @ Oct 5 2009, 06:50 AM) *
QUOTE (penguintruth @ Oct 5 2009, 12:43 AM) *
But the most interesting part was the bit were Bradley's fencing and he stabs a guy, and is worried at first, only to steel his resolve when the scientist assures him the other guy is just a pawn. It shows that there were moments when Bradley was unsure.

That scene probably shouldn't affect our opinion of him though. Bradley said himself that he's not sure if his current soul is even his body's original soul, or if it's from the philosopher's stone...so he doesn't deserve our sympathy.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to establish sympathy, nor do I think is Bones.

Notice how soon Bradley just sort of gets over it when the scientist assures him, he gets that look that says, "You know, that's right, he IS just a pawn."

I liked the scene because it showed how good at making monsters those scientists are.
mellulah
One thing I noticed that they left out this time round was the hermephradite theory. The fact that the 2 dragons were the male and female together and that it hinted what they tried to achieve when they created Envy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.