Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Inuyasha: The Final Act, A New (continuing From Where The Last Series Ended) Inuyasha Series *may Encounter Spoilers Inside*
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > General Discussions > General Anime > Let's discuss your fav anime series here!
Gimpyhair
InuYasha: The Final Act anime adaptation produced by Sunrise premiered in Japan on Animax on October 16, 2000 and ran for 167 episodes until its conclusion on September 13, 2004, then began again, as a new serien Inuyasha: The Final Act in 2009 and ended in 2010 with a total of 194 episodes.

Plot Summary: Inuyasha, Kagome, Miroku, Sango, Shippou and their neko-mata friend Kirara, are now in the final leg of their quest to put an end to the elusive demon, Naraku and all of the chaos and evil he has caused, and to ultimately undo the unfortunate karma of the Jewel of Four Souls. Their journey, however, will not be easy as their remaining enemies put out all the stops to make sure that they do not accomplish their goal.
This TV Anime will depict the 36 - 56 (end) Inuyasha mangas. The story continues from the last moment saw on Inuyasha's original anime. Inuyasha, Kagome, Sango, Miroku and Shippou are now in the definitive quest to beat Naraku and the evil he has created and absorved, they don't lose hope since their future depends on it, but the path isn't easy nor short so they will go trough life threatening situations and must put their friendship and love on the line with wisdom to know who their friends and foes are to succeed.

Genres: action, comedy, drama, fantasy, romance
Themes: bishounen, demons
Episodes: 194

Inuyasha: The Final Act is a new Inuyasha anime series, (starting from where the last series ended) covering the last 21 volumes of the Inuyasha manga.
* It's going to cover these entire last 21 volumes in 26 episodes.
* It starts this fall, Oct. 3, 2009 for Japan TV network and Oct. 5, 2009 for Yomiuri TV newtwork (both in Japan,) and Oct. 10, 2009 on Animax for greater Asia region.
* Also, Viz has picked up the licensing for the later airing of English version in North America.

* Reported episode titles so far, according to AnimeNEWSNetwork
Episode 1. Naraku's Heart (奈落の心臓) 2009-10-03
Episode 2. Kagura's Wind (神楽の風) 2009-10-10
Episode 3. Meidou Zangetsuha (冥道残月破) 2009-10-17
Episode 4. Dragon-scaled Tessaiga (竜鱗の鉄砕牙) 2009-10-24
Episode 5. Yorei Taisei's Trial (妖霊大聖の試練) 2009-10-31
Epiosde 6. The End of Moryomaru (魍魎丸の最期) 2009-11-07
Episode 7. The Mausoleum of Mount Azusa (梓山の霊廟) 2009-11-14
Episode 8. While the stars twinkle (星々きらめきの間に) 2009-11-21

Those who thought Bones rushed FMA:B, they didn't see Inuyasha:Final act!
I guess this is how it's going to looks like for the entire anime: covering 20+ volumes in 26 episodes is a real joke. That is unless they do the final battle and the epilogue into a movie, but unfortunately I doubt it, or we would have heard about it, right? Good news is that they will probably skip the boring useless and random flame-tessaiga arc, or even shorten the dragon-scaled one!

But what I enjoyed the most: the beautiful and catchy ending. While I didn't like that they re-used old scene from the first anime, the rest of it was awesome: the new art, the music, everything!

Anyway, your thoughts?
kkg22104
I watched the raw today, and I was completely lost because I don't understand Japanese at all XD I've read all the chapters of Inuyasha, but that was about a year ago so I don't remember much...Anyway, art and music were great biggrin.gif Though it did seem a little rushed.
Aribelle
21 volumes in 26 episodes??? Jeez...

But I'm so glad they're continuing the series! I always did love the latter half of the manga. But 26 episodes...although that manga is a bit repetitive sometimes. I can't wait to start watching it!
Rainshine
21 volumes in 26 episodes??? Wow...

But I'm glad they're continuing InuYasha! biggrin.gif Even if i got too bored with the first series to finish it...

Michiyo-
I watched the first episode live yesterday, and the pacing was terrible. They put like 10 chapters in one episode, shortened and left out lots of scenes. I don't know how they can make 26 episodes from 21 volumes. Most likely they'll skip the borings arcs, which is not bad, but the final battle needs at least 4 episodes. I hope they won't screw that battle and the epilogue up.

I like the ending song better than the opening, it was really beautiful, and the art looked really good, too.
Hotmustard
I don't remember where the first series end, so I got lost in the new one. I was hoping the new art style would be as amazing as the FMAB's, but it's a pity all the characters still have the same design. Anyway, it doesn't prevent me from enjoying Inuyasha. Since I have just finished the manga, which I left about 3 years ago, I can catch up with the new season pretty easily.

Covering the whole 21 volumes in only 21 episodes is really a disaster. Though the tessaiga arc may seem boring, it is important to the story's process. It also gives a deep look into Inu's personality and the relationship between him and Sesshomaru. The skipped scene I want is about Hitomiko. They should shorten the final battle and make a clearer ending, which may help them avoid being bashed by Inu fans
Little Washu
I stopped watching InuYasha after the band of seven died, before that even. This news actually makes me happy, I think I'll start back up from where I left off and see this new season~

Wow, VIZ grabbed it already? It was a great dub, regardless of some mispronounced names (Like pronouncing Rin with a short i as opposed to a long one)

I don't remember where the first series end, so I got lost in the new one.

Somewhere after a fight against Naraku, but he escapes, Kagome says "We'll get him one day...", and so it was a huge cliffhanger. This of course made a lot of people angry, so this continuation should be a good thing :3

I'm excited for the music, the OPs and EDs, and the general BGM of InuYasha was always amazing.
Forsaken Love
I never got into inyuasha but was slightly interested at the continuation of it so came for a sniff on this thread, its resulted in me been much more thankful and happy about brotherhood XD I'm allways ranting at the pacing of that but omg 21vols in 26eps!? thats crazy, thats about twice the pace of brotherhood, how is that even possible xD they must be skipping A LOT
Irena
Yikes, what's the hurry?

I guess it's nice to see them finally continuing it, although to be honest by the time I finished the first series, I was so bored I didn't bother reading any more of the manga xD
Hotmustard
Anyone can help me find the link to download the full version of the ED song please?
Kyelinn
Well, after talking with some people on the AdInuyasha group and watching the 2nd episode, it seems as though they'll be kinda merging some chapters into one episode as well as rearranging the order of some of them. Episode 2 really worked in that aspect where they had Sesshoumaru fighting Moryoumaru and the moment he started taunting him about Kagura, Sessh got pissed and Toukijin broke and he almost broke Moryoumaru's armour, then he rushed off to find where Kagura was since he could smell her blood and the miasma. Just a fleeting example but I think in a matter of 26 episodes they'll somehow be able to make it work. I assume they'll short and leave out some of the less important stuff. I am most eager to see Kikyou's death and the Hell arc with Sesshoumaru and Rin. Those are the two I want to see the most. Judging by the names of the episode titles, it seems Kikyou's exit is coming up rather quickly. ;_; Anyway, I'm enjoying it from what I've seen of the first two episodes, so I'll continue to place my trust in the creators that they'll make us a really good ending to the series.
Gimpyhair
Does that means that Miroku's shouki wounds will come at episode 6? Anyway, I'm glad that Dragon scaled tessaiga won't be too long, not my favorite part, this and flame tessaiga, that was so useless *_*
Mhacy
OMG..I just start watching it..thanks for this thread^^ But I really don't get it..I can't understand what's happening..I guess I need to rewatch the first series =_=. It's been too long so I vaguely remember it..
Aribelle
I just watched the first four episodes last night, and all I can say is GOOD GOD SLOW DOWN. If I hadn't read the manga I would have NO idea what was going on lol. It felt like I was watching an un-funny Inuyasha abridged series. But it's still nice to see the last however many volumes animated, and I was really excited to see Byakuya of the Mirage lol. I think he's probably my favorite Naraku henchman :3
Michiyo-
I just watched the 9th episode live and things are getting better now, they slowed down finally. They made Kikyou's death beautiful last week, and the Hell arc this week was good too. And Sesshoumaru's Mom made her appearance today! biggrin.gif
Aribelle
I'm all caught up, yay~

Kikyou's death was really nice. I'm glad they seem to have slowed down somewhat, especially for Mama Sesshoumaru and that whole arc...which was all kinds of epic. I had always loved that part X3

I'm also really looking forward to the part where Sango somehow damages Hiraikotsu and has to jump into a bunch of pots to get it fixed, and there are MirSan moments abound XD. I always forget how much I love MirSan until I revisit the series lol.

*runs off to go read that part instead of doing homework DX*
Michiyo-
QUOTE (Aribelle @ Nov 30 2009, 03:28 AM) *
I'm also really looking forward to the part where Sango somehow damages Hiraikotsu and has to jump into a bunch of pots to get it fixed, and there are MirSan moments abound XD. I always forget how much I love MirSan until I revisit the series lol.

I'm looking forward to seeing that part too. And of course the kiss scene biggrin.gif MirSan is my favourite pairing in Inuyasha. ^^

I hope the pacing will remain that slow. I don't want the final battle to be ruined.
FMAobsessed
I forgot about the new Inuyasha series. I now want to check it out.

My roommate and I talked about Inuyasha a few weeks ago, and we both agreed that every anime fan has watched Inuyasha. Even those who said they hated it, and complained about it still watched the series.
Kyelinn
Kikyou has always been my favourite character in the series so I was particularly sad to see her death. That episode me me cry...lol I know it's silly, but it did. It was just so hard watching Kikyou die and watching Inuyasha cry like that. It was just...whoa. That episode was actually more intense than the manga chapter was which also made me cry haha. FMA and Inuyasha seem to be the only anime that ever invokes emotion in me. xD AND YAY! SESSMOM! I wish Takahashi had given her a name. It'd be nice to know what her name is. She's so lovely! You can definitely see where Sesshoumaru gets his 'prettiness' from. xD And the manly side of him he definitely gets from Inupapa, but he has his mother's eyes and the crescent moon on his forehead he gets it from her too! biggrin.gif Even though I knew it was coming, it was still hard to see Rin die and watch Sesshoumaru go through these different emotions and then endure the harsh lecture from his mother after losing Rin and being as sad as he was. Woo! That was a lot of spoiling thar. :B Just want to make sure I don't give anything away. I'm looking forward to next week's episode. I always particularly enjoyed the Kaou arc so I think I'll enjoy seeing this animated. Anyway, I love this series so much and I'm so glad they're finally finishing it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.