Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sony To Release "Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood" DVD In Hong Kong
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Anime
tinlunlau
Nothing confirmed about the blu-ray but Sony has confirmed to be releasing Volume 1 of the "Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood" on DVD. It will include the Japanese audio track as well as the TVB produced Cantonese dub track. There will also be a regular edition and a limited boxset collector's edition. Both will contain a poster. The regular release will cost $80 Hong Kong dollars and the boxset edition will be $120 HKD. Release date will be October 5th.

Sony港版會喺10月5日推出電視版FA DVD第一輯,有原裝TVB粵語配音和日語配音,並分普通版和限量Boxset珍藏版發售,而每個版本內都附有海報一張,普通版批發價$80,限量Boxset批發價$120!!!

Source - http://forum.tower3a.com/thread-5503-1-1.html
Yikie
Is it with or without English subtitles?
Because it's a HK release, I suppose there are english subs (like most HK dvd's).
tinlunlau
Hard to say because most anime DVD's legitimately released in Hong Kong and Macau region aren't licensed to include English subtitles. This might be a different case since it is being handled by Sony. Although I have a feeling that FMA:B will be co-licensed to ERA Home Video as they have been dealing with distribution for Sony's DVD/VCD releases for many years.
tinlunlau
heh...i finally saw the hong kong region 3 release of FMA brotherhood on sale today. apparently, it's not from Sony but rather from Medialink, the same folks who released the Mizushim-FMA. From the looks of the cover, this release of volume 1 only includes episodes 1 and 2 only. no sign of 'blind alchemist' at all. i woulda bought it but this is DVD. i kinda want it on bluray.

by the way, there is chinese subtitles only. audio-wise, you got the japanese track and the cantonese dub track from TVB.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.