Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FMA: Brotherhood English Dub & VA Cast Discussions
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Anime
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
kkg22104
Hey guys! I saw this news today online from Anime News Network, and Funimation has announced the English dub cast for Brotherhood! Here's the link: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-...-d-anime-stages

Basically it says that all the same voice actors will be returning, but Maxey Whitehead will be playing Al instead of Aaron. But don't worry, Aaron will be back for a "big role" later on. I'm predicting that it's Ling biggrin.gif

English Voice Cast

Edward Elric: Vic Mignogna
Alphonse Elric: Maxey Whitehead
Winry Rockbell: Caitlin Glass
Riza Hawkeye: Coleen Clinkenbeard
Roy Mustang: Travis Willingham
Louis Armstrong: Christopher Sabat
Lust: Laura Bailey
Gluttony: Chris Cason
Envy: Wendy Powell
Greed: Chris Patton
Maes Hughes: Sonny Strait
Jean Havoc: Mike McFarland
Heymans Breda: Jeremy Inman
Kain Fuery: Kevin M. Connolly
Vato Falman: Kyle Hebert
Pinako Rockbell: Juli Erickson
Shou Tucker: Chuck Huber
Zolf Kimblee: Eric Vale
Martel: Tiffany Grant
Bido: Greg Ayres
Dorochet: John Burgmeier
Paninya: Cynthia Cranz
Rose: Colleen Clinkenbeard
Cornello: Andy Mullins
Nina Tucker: Brina Palencia
Izumi Curtis: Christine Auten
Sig Curtis: Bob Carter
Trisha Elric: Lydia Mackay
Scar: J Micheal Tatum
Maria Ross: Meredith McCoy
Denny Brosh: Jim Foronda
Sciezka: Gwendolyn Lau
Bradley: Ed Blaylock
Basque Grand: R Bruce Elliott
Gracia Hughes: Anastasia Munoz
Elicia Highes: Cherami Leigh
Garfiel: Antimere Robinson
Yoki: Barry Yandell
Number 48: Bill Jenkins
Number 66: Jerry Jewell
Narrator: Kent Williams
The Gate of Truth: Luci Christian
Ling Yao: Todd Haberkorn
Lan Fan: Trina Nishimura
May Chang: Monica Rial
Shao May: Tia Ballard
Fu: Kenny Green
Young Hohenheim: Aaron Dismuke
Father: Kent Williams
Selim Bradley: Brittney Karbowski
Mrs. Bradley: Dana Shultes
Scar's brother: Duncan Brannan
Giolo Comanche: Charlie Campbell
Van Hohenheim: John Swasey
-------
ETA: Dec. 17, 2010, from hawkflame's post here. ^^
Darius: George Manley
Heinkel: Bradley Campbell
Jerso: Andrew Love
Zanpano: Chris Rager
Sloth: Patrick Seitz
Buccaneer: Phil Parsons
Miles: Jason Douglas
Madam Christmas: Pam Dougherty
Olivier: Stephanie Young

ETA: Feb. 4, 2010, by Tombow
For the news on the airing dates on AdultSwim (U.S.) please see this post. smile.gif
edxwinryfan
QUOTE (kkg22104 @ Sep 25 2009, 06:01 PM) *
Hey guys! I saw this news today online from Anime News Network, and Funimation has announced the English dub cast for Brotherhood! Here's the link: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-...-d-anime-stages

Basically it says that all the same voice actors will be returning, but Maxey Whitehead will be playing Al instead of Aaron. But don't worry, Aaron will be back for a "big role" later on. I'm predicting that it's Ling biggrin.gif

NOOOOO! why did they have to cast a woman as Al!! I hate it when the Japanese and/or the English cast women to play boys, especially if they are around the age that their voice should be becoming deeper. At least They kept Vic and Caitlin I am so excited about that with all of the Ed and Winry scenes!! Maybe Aaron will be Ling,but I not really sure about him as the role of Ling...
Forsaken Love
your epic for findin this kat-chan and i agree with you i am reaaaaaally expecting aaron to play ling now, oh and i found what i belive is a clip of al's new voice, it dont actually sound that bad, when in character and with the armour echo i think it will sound good http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd3RG6pSBIs im pretty sure shes the little boy talkin in this vid,
Tombow
@kkg22104 - Oh, thank you so much for finding that news!!! happy.gif

(We'll probably move this to an appropriate thread later, but for now let's keep this here for everyone to see. Meantime, everyone, please feel free to go ahead and add your posts! ^^)
kkg22104
QUOTE (edxwinryfan @ Sep 25 2009, 06:13 PM) *
NOOOOO! why did they have to cast a woman as Al!! I hate it when the Japanese and/or the English cast women to play boys, especially if they are around the age that their voice should be becoming deeper. At least They kept Vic and Caitlin I am so excited about that with all of the Ed and Winry scenes!! Maybe Aaron will be Ling,but I not really sure about him as the role of Ling...

Woah, Maxey Whitehead is a woman? o_O I didn't know that, I just kind of assumed that it would be a guy...well that's interesting. I hope she does a good job as Al, because I'm sure people will be comparing her to Aaron.

What other kind of "big role" can there be? For now, I'm sticking with my prediction of Ling.
Tombow
QUOTE (kkg22104 @ Sep 25 2009, 06:39 PM) *
Woah, Maxey Whitehead is a woman? o_O

Yes, she is.
Too bad about Aaron having the voice change.. though I understand, and kind of expected a new VA for Al. Hope she will make a good Al. smile.gif
Dearheart
QUOTE (Forsaken Love @ Sep 25 2009, 03:13 PM) *
your epic for findin this kat-chan and i agree with you i am reaaaaaally expecting aaron to play ling now, oh and i found what i belive is a clip of al's new voice, it dont actually sound that bad, when in character and with the armour echo i think it will sound good http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd3RG6pSBIs im pretty sure shes the little boy talkin in this vid,

Oooh, thanks for finding that clip! She doesn't sound bad at all! I felt SO nervous when I heard a woman would be playing Alphonse (Aaron, why did you have to grow up? sad.gif ), but now I feel a little better. biggrin.gif

Eeeeeee!!! I can't WAIT for Vic and Caitlen to do all the EdWin scenes! wub.gif And it looks like Brotherhood has FINALLY kicked into gear (it only took, oh I dunno...19 FREAKIN' EPISODES to warm up and settle into the pace... >__>) so Vic's got some reeeaaally awesome material to work with. biggrin.gif *bounces excitedly*
penguintruth
Wendy Powell is returning as Envy? Ugh.

I hope they do a better job with this dub than the first one.

It dismays, but doesn't surprise me, that Vic Mignogna will continue to mess up Edward Elric. He's a terribly medicore VA and his Edward is painful to listen to. Same thing with Catlin Glass's earsplittingly bad Winry, Chris Patton's flat Greed, and Travis Willingham's half-hearted Roy Mustang.

I'm surprised, and glad, that they replaced Dameon Clarke as Scar. I can't say the same for Alphonse, because Aaron Dismuke was one of the few good voices in the original dub.

Hopefully Brina Pelencia doesn't play Nina as a brain-damaged girl this time. "Wittle bwig bwatha", indeed. (Children do not actually speak that way.)

Anyway, the DVDs will be bilingual, so I don't have to listen to the English dub, but it burns me up that people could like Vic as Ed. He's going to get even more popular now and be in more dubs to the point where I'll be unable to watch anything dubbed. Romi Paku is brilliant as Ed, and Vic will never be that good.
The Bearded One
QUOTE (kkg22104 @ Sep 25 2009, 05:39 PM) *

Woah, Maxey Whitehead is a woman? o_O I didn't know that, I just kind of assumed that it would be a guy...well that's interesting. I hope she does a good job as Al, because I'm sure people will be comparing her to Aaron.

What other kind of "big role" can there be? For now, I'm sticking with my prediction of Ling.

Pride?
edxwinryfan
QUOTE (The Bearded One @ Sep 25 2009, 09:11 PM) *
QUOTE (kkg22104 @ Sep 25 2009, 05:39 PM) *

Pride?

Wait, is Pride the Fuhrer's son? If so then Aaron is too old to play him.
Kyelinn
Woohoo!! That's awesome! biggrin.gif And yay Vic!! I wonder if Caitlyn Glass will be back as Winry?

Awww, Penguin, I didn't think Wendy Powell did all that bad as Envy.

QUOTE (penguintruth @ Sep 25 2009, 07:26 PM) *
It dismays, but doesn't surprise me, that Vic Mignogna will continue to mess up Edward Elric. He's a terribly medicore VA and his Edward is painful to listen to. Same thing with Catlin Glass's earsplittingly bad Winry, Chris Patton's flat Greed, and Travis Willingham's half-hearted Roy Mustang.

I'm surprised, and glad, that they replaced Dameon Clarke as Scar. I can't say the same for Alphonse, because Aaron Dismuke was one of the few good voices in the original dub.

Hopefully Brina Pelencia doesn't play Nina as a brain-damaged girl this time. "Wittle bwig bwatha", indeed. (Children do not actually speak that way.)

Anyway, the DVDs will be bilingual, so I don't have to listen to the English dub, but it burns me up that people could like Vic as Ed. He's going to get even more popular now and be in more dubs to the point where I'll be unable to watch anything dubbed. Romi Paku is brilliant as Ed, and Vic will never be that good.

..oh please. It burns you up that people actually like Vic as Ed's voice actor? So now people can't have opinions because it pisses you off? I'm sorry but spare me. That's just ridiculous. Everybody's going to have their own opinions in regards to Vic or english voice acting in general. I've never seen anybody as negative as you are. What did you expect? A whole new voice cast? People would be raging. Maybe to you Vic will never be as god as Romi, but to others he IS just as good. I'm sorry but your comment was offensive towards those people who actually appreciate the english voice acting. Especially Vic.

And on that note, I'm quite excited to see the old cast back! I loved Caitlyn Glass's Winry, so that's even more exciting! biggrin.gif It's a shame we won't get Aaron back as Al, but it's also intriguing to know he'll be playing a major role. I actually DO hope it's Ling! biggrin.gif Anyway, thank you so much for sharing this information! It's very relieving to hear they're all coming back and exciting to know Aaron is still going to be in the anime! happy.gif
penguintruth
QUOTE (Kyelinn @ Sep 2 2009, 11:21 PM) *
Woohoo!! That's awesome! biggrin.gif And yay Vic!! I wonder if Caitlyn Glass will be back as Winry?

Awww, Penguin, I didn't think Wendy Powell did all that bad as Envy.

Well, I'm in the minority, probably, but I didn't like the dub overall. (In fact, I wrote a little something about it.)

I found Vic's Ed too dry and uneven, Dameon Clarke's Scar too generic, Catlin Glass's Winry annoying, Chris Patton's Greed flat, Wendy Powell's Envy misdirected (largely Mike McFarland's fault as ADR Director... he's not very good), and a lot of the script changes plain dumb. None of the principal players really captured the emotion of the original Japanese VAs, with the exception of Aaron Dismuke's Ed, Christine Auten's Izumi, and a few others.

That being said, they'd be pretty crazy to replace Vic as Ed, with the multitude of (tone deaf) fans. There'd be boycotts and riots. If Funimation wants to make money off of this show, they'll stick with Vic and I'll just watch the Japanese track. I've pretty much given up on getting a satisfactory FMA dub.

Chill, I'm not denying anyone their opinion, I just believe it'll add more irritation to me later when Vic's in every dub Funimation does. Every once in a while, I'd like to watch an anime in dubbed form without suffering through his voice.

Also, I already stated that I didn't really expect a whole new cast.
kkg22104
QUOTE (edxwinryfan @ Sep 25 2009, 09:24 PM) *
Pride?

Yeah, if Aaron is too old to play Al, then there's no way he's going to be Pride, because he's around five or six years old.

About Vic, I do believe that he's a good voice actor but he never really fit Ed as well as Romi Paku does IMO.
mellulah
QUOTE (kkg22104 @ Sep 25 2009, 07:50 PM) *
QUOTE (edxwinryfan @ Sep 25 2009, 09:24 PM) *
Pride?

Yeah, if Aaron is too old to play Al, then there's no way he's going to be Pride, because he's around five or six years old.

About Vic, I do believe that he's a good voice actor but he never really fit Ed as well as Romi Paku does IMO.

Hmmm I think he will more likely be Ling but about the Pride theory Maby not Pride as Seliem but maby as his evil homunculus voice. Ya know how in Brotherhood hes got 2 different voices.

Chiyo
I never watched the dubbed series before and won't this series either, so whether I like them or not isn't of any importance. No true I didn't like their voices, but I'm not a big fan of dubs especially when their voices change so much from how I grew used to them listening.

I do feel however if the majority liked Vic et al then it is a good thing they have returned. It'll bring back fans who may have been unsure and it means the VA's are working with characters they know.
Jen_Elric
So happy that Funimation finally released the dub cast!! And it's not to shabby either.

Very glad that they kept most of the original VA's (especially Vic), but I'm not very happy that Aaron got replaced as Al (with a woman). I know that a woman does Al's voice in the Japanese version (and Rie-sama does a fantastic job!!), but American dubs with women doing voices for young boys never sound good to me. I'm hoping that Maxey does at least a decent job.
But I AM happy that they are still keeping Aaron for another role! I have to disagree that he will voice Ling. I don't think he's right for the part. And Ling isn't a "big role", at least in my opinion. I'm thinking that the "big role" is Pride. Pride has two voices in Brotherood. Selim's and the Homonculus voice. Aaron could do the latter.

Does anyone have a guess at when the dub is going to be released (either on TV or DVD)?
black~hayate
Yeeesss!!!
That means Travis gonna stay Mustang, yeay, that's all I rly wanted to know >D
Forsaken Love
QUOTE (Jen_Elric @ Sep 26 2009, 02:59 PM) *
So happy that Funimation finally released the dub cast!! And it's not to shabby either.

Very glad that they kept most of the original VA's (especially Vic), but I'm not very happy that Aaron got replaced as Al (with a woman). I know that a woman does Al's voice in the Japanese version (and Rie-sama does a fantastic job!!), but American dubs with women doing voices for young boys never sound good to me. I'm hoping that Maxey does at least a decent job.
But I AM happy that they are still keeping Aaron for another role! I have to disagree that he will voice Ling. I don't think he's right for the part. And Ling isn't a "big role", at least in my opinion. I'm thinking that the "big role" is Pride. Pride has two voices in Brotherood. Selim's and the Homonculus voice. Aaron could do the latter.

Does anyone have a guess at when the dub is going to be released (either on TV or DVD)?

Ling is in it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than Pride, if ling isnt a 'big role' pride certaintly isnt, particually since brotherhood is even cutting some of the precious pride scenes so far, im still sticking with Ling, personally, particually as the character wasn't specified and that to me hints at a manga only character and yesh i know manga and anime pride are different but selim was still in anime 1, also Al is older than Selim, so if aarons too old to play Al he's certaintly too old to play selim other guesses, possibly envy? or is he coming back with the same VA? Meh Ling seems the most likely to me

Also in the clip in which i was listenin to Maxy i was surprised she was a woman, she sounded like a boy to me, woman are perfectly good VAs for young boys, much better than a ridculously deep guy doing it ¬_¬ she won't be the first english VA to do a guy and hopefully not the last (bad example since its not anime, nor a dub, but bart simpson is voiced by a woman and I think he sounds great)

It was allways obvious Vic would come back as Ed and Caitlin as Winry, although imo I hate Caitlin's winry, to me its pretty cringy
The Bearded One
QUOTE (Jen_Elric @ Sep 26 2009, 08:59 AM) *
I'm thinking that the "big role" is Pride. Pride has two voices in Brotherood. Selim's and the Homonculus voice. Aaron could do the latter.

Exactly, Pride is like the girl in the Exorcist; one ‘good’ voice and one ‘demonic voice’ for his homunculi form. Aaron isn’t old enough for the voice change to be a big throw-off. As for Ling, I agree that the role just doesn’t suit him.
DistantBlue
Finally! biggrin.gif

The only thing that irks me is Colleen Clickenbeard....maybe because after watching brotherhood and hearing her more feminine voice from her voice actress and then watching an episode from the first series threw me off...

And I listened to that Maxey Whitehead clip - I'm liking her! biggrin.gif And as for Aaron's role....I watched the OVA dub just to hear his voice, and IMO I don't think he would ever do Pride. I'm thinking Ling, but just IMO.

So, if the DVD is coming Spring 2010, when are they going to air the episodes on Adult Swim or wherever? My brother's been getting anxious for this (he doesn't read the manga and he loved the first series).
FailToImpress
^ I was thinking the same about Riza's voice too, but I'm glad her VA is staying the same in a way... I was never fond of the really girly Japanese VA because Riza just isn't like that, to me anyway. Maybe I was just too used to her English VA, who knows.

QUOTE (black~hayate @ Sep 26 2009, 03:48 PM) *
Yeeesss!!!
That means Travis gonna stay Mustang, yeay, that's all I rly wanted to know >D

lol, my thoughts exactly.
Hagaren_4ever
Wow, I have to say, I'm happy as a clam right now. As for the voice actors, I'm pretty easily pleased. I always though Vic was good as Ed, but I do admit that Romi was better. But onto the series, I wonder when the episodes will be released...?
Do you think that Adult Swim is gonna buy the new season, or will we have to buy the DVDs? (I hope not! I'd have to spend, like, 60 bucks to see it!)
kkg22104
QUOTE (Jen_Elric @ Sep 26 2009, 09:59 AM) *

Sorry, I have to disagree and say that Ling has a VERY BIG role in FMA. He definitely moves the plot along and helps the other main characters. At the very least, Ling has a bigger role than Pride. Most of the time he appears as Selim anyway, and he doesn't use his Homunculus voice that often.
penguintruth
QUOTE (Jen_Elric @ Sep 26 2009, 09:59 AM) *

I've read on the ANN forums that the DVDs come out in the spring, but don't hold me to it.

I wonder if they'll be releasing it in singles, or in "parts".
Kyelinn
To those of you who are saying that Aaron isn't right for Ling's part, is it because you're thinking of how his voice used to sound? I mean keep in mind, he's a lot older now and his voice is much deeper than it used to be, hence why he's not doing Al's part now. I, on the other hand, feel Aaron does have the potential to play Ling. As for Pride/Selim. Well, Selim is younger than Alphonse so that's not feasibly possible for Aaron and as for how his voice will sound as Pride? We really don't know yet...it could still have that young yet creepy sound to it like the Japanese version's does. Point I'm trying to make is that I can see Aaron voicing Ling more than I can Selim/Pride.
Aribelle
QUOTE (DistantBlue @ Sep 26 2009, 08:53 AM) *
The only thing that irks me is Colleen Clickenbeard....maybe because after watching brotherhood and hearing her more feminine voice from her voice actress and then watching an episode from the first series threw me off...

Yeah, I'm disappointed she's back. I never liked her as Riza. I was looking forward to hearing someone else...hopefully Colleen will change it up a little! Otherwise I'm glad the original cast will be back. I generally had no issue with them...especially Lust, I thought Laura Bailey did a great job with her!
KEKU
Egh, I never really got into the dub. I don't generally do dubs for the most part.

But if there's one voice that really bugged me, it was Envy's. His voice in Brotherhood is better IMO, he sounds younger and it fits his character's lighter nature in this show. But I don't like his dub voice from the last show in general because he sounds like an old lady. So that's even less fitting in this show. :/
The_Twilight_Trinity
Hmm.... Well, I have no objection to the new (well, not really) cast. Personally, I'm happy that Vic and Travis will be back because I liked them in the first series! Al's new voice doesn't bother me at all.... I think that it'll sound really cool with the empty-armor effect, although I'll miss Aaron's Al a little.... I'm glad he'll be back, but the only role I think he could be is Ling. And I'm not sure if Ling really suits him. I don't think that he'll be Pride, but you never know.

I'm a little bit iffy about Colleen as Riza again. I didn't mind her the first time around, but being the crazy Royai fan that I am I'm already thinking ahead to how she might pull off the scene with Lust in episode 19. There's nothing in the first anime that really compares to that moment, not even the moment in the last episode on the front steps of the Fuhrer's mansion in my opinion...... Well, we'll have to see about that too. Also, I'm not really looking forward to Envy having the same voice. I was never really a fan of his voice in the first series. Plus, it's one of the reasons that made me almost positive that he was a girl. Oh well. I can deal.
Jen_Elric

ok, I know what I said, but I know the Ling is a big role. I didn't mean to say that he wasn't. but his character is not something that I think Aaron would do. If he is cast as Ling, fine. I'll be happy, because Aaron is a good VA. What I said is my opinion. Remember that who ever is cast as ling will have to voice the new Greed. Remember that Ling becomes Greed.
I'll be happy whoever he voices because I'm happy that they want to keep him for this anime.
RoyxRizaFan
That's great that they got most of the cast back, and I'm taking everyone's word that the new VA for Al is going to be able to pull it off!

The only thing I'm uncertain about it just that some of the characters are so different in Brotherhood compared to the first anime that I don't even see them as the same people, and having the same VAs all around is inevitable, but slightly nerveracking because I am hoping with all my might that the cast won't play the characters the same in this dub as they did the last one. I don't know if they even know enough about the story to realize that their characters are like two different people.

(I am stoked about Vic, not going to lie XD)
Equivalent Exchange
I am EXTREAMLY EXCITED for the cast! Congrats on their roles, and people? Please. No matter what part Aaron gets, it showed FUNimation isn't going 'you're too deep for Al; NEEEXT!' on him and casting him aside. Simply due to this, whatever part Aaron gets, I'll be happy as a clam; EVEN IF it sucks.

Just my little 2 cents in the debate 8D
hand-made-city
I'm not worried about Colleen as Riza... she's proven herself to be very in tune with the FMA characters, since she directed the first series... so she'll probably pick up on the differences between Riza in the first series and in Brotherhood. Also don't mind Al's recasting.. after hearing a bit of Maxey's work, I think the voice will work!

I am very excited that Ed Blaylock is back as Bradley. His voice was just too awesome. XD And Travis Willingham and Mike McFarland, of course! Hoping that Envy stays the same.. I really liked Wendy Powell in that role. Gosh, so much to think about now! Such as the new characters... I for one, am not comfortable with the idea of Aaron playing Ling. I was pretty disappointed with his role in Ouran (which was the last thing I heard Aaron in) and I can't really imagine him playing Ling. But considering it's going to be a "big role" who knows..
The Bearded One
Does anyone know who will be doing the new minor voices like Lan Fan, Fu, McDougal etc.?
mellulah
QUOTE (Jen_Elric @ Sep 26 2009, 06:32 PM) *
Remember that who ever is cast as ling will have to voice the new Greed. Remember that Ling becomes Greed.
I'll be happy whoever he voices because I'm happy that they want to keep him for this anime.

No he wouldn't have to voice the new Greed because when Ling is taken over by Greed he speaks in Greed's voice. I'm not sure about the new series but this definatly happens in the manga because when Bido sees Greed as Ling one of the ways he recognises him is his voice. I quote "The Ultimate Shield...? And that voice..that laugh.. you bastard..trying to pretend you're Mister Greed.."
I'm pretty sure this means that Chris Patton would voice the new Greed as well.
Forsaken Love
i guess, I allways thought Bido was referring more to Greelings intonations, choice of words, speaking patterns etc rather than the voice so much, I thought it to differ from Ling's but since Greed is in Ling's body and using his voice box, that it was still a voice Ling himself could physically do xD
mellulah
QUOTE (Forsaken Love @ Sep 27 2009, 06:10 AM) *
i guess, I allways thought Bido was referring more to Greelings intonations, choice of words, speaking patterns etc rather than the voice so much, I thought it to differ from Ling's but since Greed is in Ling's body and using his voice box, that it was still a voice Ling himself could physically do xD

Ah you could be right there we'll just have to find out. though I still think Greed will talk in his original voice in such scenes when Greed and Ling talk to each other in his head.
StormGoddess
Am I the only one who likes Colleen as Riza? mellow.gif I've heard two different not-so-good voices of Riza in this series (Japanese dub and Filipino dub) so I'm really looking forward to hearing a deeper, more mature voice like Colleen's.

And I'm happy that Vic will be back as Ed. Yay. laugh.gif
Jen_Elric
QUOTE (mellulah @ Sep 27 2009, 09:14 AM) *
QUOTE (Forsaken Love @ Sep 27 2009, 06:10 AM) *

Ah you could be right there we'll just have to find out. though I still think Greed will talk in his original voice in such scenes when Greed and Ling talk to each other in his head.

I kinda have to agree with Forsaken Love. I just read the volume where Bido runs into Greedling, and if I remember correctly, he didn't say "why do you sound like Greed?", or something like that.
I may have to re-read that chapter.tongue.gif
But I'm thinking that Greedling would speak like Greed, but sound like Ling
Eh, whatever. I'm still just happy that Aaron will be voicing a character in the new anime, instead of being pushed aside.
hand-made-city
QUOTE (sToRm GodDesS @ Sep 27 2009, 02:44 PM) *
Am I the only one who likes Colleen as Riza? mellow.gif I've heard two different not-so-good voices of Riza in this series (Japanese dub and Filipino dub) so I'm really looking forward to hearing a deeper, more mature voice like Colleen's.

And I'm happy that Vic will be back as Ed. Yay. laugh.gif

I like Colleen too, don't worry! I was surprised when I found out she did Rose's voice too.. they sound very different.
FMAobsessed
I watched the Funimation dub of the first FMA series religiously so I really like the English voices. I have never heard of Maxey Whitehead. But I am open to her. I have not heard Aaron since Trinity Blood when he played Ion and his voice was just starting to change.
Vicious74
Good, a different Al. He might actually be bearable this time around then.

Too bad Wendy Powell is returning as Envy. She ruined his character in the dub of the first series and now she'll do it again in Brotherhood. Guess I won't be bothering with it.
Forsaken Love
im very annoied shes returned as envy, the original japanese voice for envy annoied me too, way too girly, but in brotherhood its exactly how i imagined it (bar been in japanese XD) and is perfect for his character, the moment i heard it i was like 'OMG ENVY I FREAKIN LOVE YOUR VA!!!! ITS PERFEEEEEEEEEEECT!' lulz I was hoping the english would hire someone new to give us a voice similar to that but i dont really care about the dub anyway so im not too bothered XD
mellulah
Am I the only one who liked Wendy Powell as Envy? I mean his VA now is perfect but I am perfectly happy with watching either version. Anyone with me?
Kale Mustang
For the most part, I'm rather pleased with the fact that most of the original cast is returning. Also, I can't wait to see how they handle the really emotional scenes as certain scenes with the Japanese VAs were absolutely on the money.

Plus the fact that there's more dialogue that fleshes out all of the characters should demonstrate their range.

PS - Travis, please lighten up Roy's voice this time around. He's way more goofier and lighthearted in the manga, and Shinichiro Miki's done a great job in making Roy sound like a twenty-something year old.
edxwinryfan
QUOTE (mellulah @ Sep 28 2009, 01:02 PM) *
Am I the only one who liked Wendy Powell as Envy? I mean his VA now is perfect but I am perfectly happy with watching either version. Anyone with me?

I thought she did an okay job,not terrible and not amazing either...
The Bearded One
The most important things for me are the return of Armstrong and Kimblee’s original voices. I thought both were fantastic in the original series, plus Kibmlee’s role is a lot bigger this time around. I am disappointed that they changed Scar’s voice though. BTW I wonder who they have for Olivia Amrstrong?
RoyxRizaFan
QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Sep 28 2009, 03:02 PM) *
PS - Travis, please lighten up Roy's voice this time around. He's way more goofier and lighthearted in the manga, and Shinichiro Miki's done a great job in making Roy sound like a twenty-something year old.

Yeah, that's actually my biggest concern with the Brotherhood dub. I love Travis to death but I honestly don't know if he'll be able to pull of Roy's character this time around. He was perfect for anime1 Roy, but Brotherhood Roy is so different and if he goes into the role not knowing that, it's going to be really weird and awkward.
Vicious74
It's not just Mustang, most of the characters are pretty different from their first series' counterparts. One has to wonder if whoever's in charge of the casting and the VA direction is aware of that.

It won't be any good if the VAs just go in assuming that their characters are exactly the same as before. Roy, Lust, Kimblee, etc... there are so many characters that should require a new aproach by their VAs.
FailToImpress
^I think, well I hope, that the VAs will recognise the differences in the characters and adjust their voices to them. For the original English dub cast, it's probably going to be somewhat difficult to change it up a bit because they'll have been so used to portraying a character in a certain way.... but, I have faith in them lol. Most VAs can be surprisingly flexible like that.
Kyelinn
You guys are reading into this way too much. Voice actors aren't voice actors for nothing. I think before they go jumping into such a project that the VAs would be made well aware that the characters are different this time around, so it's time to change and shake it up a bit. It's a lot different from the 1st series. I honestly don't think they'd be walking into this blindly. Give them the benefit of the doubt. Then once you hear them, if you decide they suck, then they suck. They've not even released a dub yet for us to really go by.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.