Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FMA: Brotherhood English Dub & VA Cast Discussions
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Anime
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Billea_the_Turtle
Thanks for the info hawkflame! I don't know who the other VAs are, but I think Stephanie will do a good job as Olivier. Hopefully.
Vlyse
Some more news:

Visit the iTunes store right now for the the greatest gift of all – FREE ANIME! FUNimation is premiering Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood eps. 27 -39 on iTunes before you can see it anywhere else. To celebrate, you can download episodes 1 and 27 of FMA:B for FREE.

Also, get episode 1 of Trigun and Soul Eater for FREE right now!

I managed to download episode 27 and can watch it but the rest I can't find out how to watch. Just their 30 second previews.

And if you watch episode 34's preview, you can hear Olivier. 37 Buccaneer. 39 Miles.
DistantBlue
Just listened to the previews.

Ep30 - Am i the only one who thinks Hawkeye sounds a bit weird? I mean yes, I know she's trying to be gentle and understanding and what not, but her voice sounds a bit...high.

Ep34 - I LOVE Olivier's voice! I think it's spot on and its a lot like how I pictured.

Ep37 - Eh,Buccaneer's voice is okay.

Ep38 - LMAO as annoying as her voice is, I love May ha ha.

Ep39 - For some reason, I actually really like Mile's voice.
Hagaren_4ever
-delurks to mooch- Is anyone going to be able to upload a recording of the show onto Youtube? ohmy.gif
hawkflame
QUOTE (DistantBlue @ Dec 14 2010, 06:07 PM) *
Just listened to the previews.

Ep30 - Am i the only one who thinks Hawkeye sounds a bit weird? I mean yes, I know she's trying to be gentle and understanding and what not, but her voice sounds a bit...high.

Ep34 - I LOVE Olivier's voice! I think it's spot on and its a lot like how I pictured.

Ep37 - Eh,Buccaneer's voice is okay.

Ep38 - LMAO as annoying as her voice is, I love May ha ha.

Ep39 - For some reason, I actually really like Mile's voice.

Yeah, Olivier is pretty much exactly as she should sound in English.

Miles sounds deeper than I thought he would, but you know what? It works.
penguintruth
Olivier's voice is excellent! I'm so happy! Miles sounds good, too. Very sophisticated sounding. Buccaneer sounds all right, I guess.

It's too bad Marcoh sounds so terrible. I mean, really, I miss Brice Armstrong.
Hagaren_4ever
Wait, so how did you guys watch these episodes? Can someone post a link to the episodes, because I've searched everywhere and one hasn't popped up yet.
hawkflame
QUOTE (Hagaren_4ever @ Dec 17 2010, 12:06 AM) *
Wait, so how did you guys watch these episodes? Can someone post a link to the episodes, because I've searched everywhere and one hasn't popped up yet.

You can get the episodes on iTunes. Don't even have to spend money, there are free 30 second previews for each episode.
Vlyse
I just watched episode 28 in English and I don't think Chris Patton returned.

In fact, the end credits state Greed is now Troy Baker. Kinda disappointing...doesn't that mess things up? It's as if they're suggesting this is a completely new Greed.

penguintruth
QUOTE (Vlyse @ Dec 17 2010, 01:37 AM) *

In fact, the end credits state Greed is now Troy Baker. Kinda disappointing...doesn't that mess things up? It's as if they're suggesting this is a completely new Greed.

Chris Patton is gone as Greed?

TEARS OF JOY.
Walawalawolf
QUOTE (penguintruth @ Dec 17 2010, 03:58 AM) *
QUOTE (Vlyse @ Dec 17 2010, 01:37 AM) *

Chris Patton is gone as Greed?

TEARS OF JOY.

I think he played a great Greed. ; ;

Gotta say, though. Not much liking the voice of Buccaneer, Marcoh, or Olivier. Miles has a great voice actor though. Maybe it'll grow on me after I watch them a bit...I sure hope so. Right now I'm pretty disappoint.
penguintruth
QUOTE (Walawalawolf @ Dec 17 2010, 08:45 AM) *

Gotta say, though. Not much liking the voice of Buccaneer, Marcoh, or Olivier. Miles has a great voice actor though. Maybe it'll grow on me after I watch them a bit...I sure hope so. Right now I'm pretty disappoint.

I hated his Greed. He was so flat and I preferred the deep Japanese voice(s) and its (/their) jauntiness. Greed is my favorite character and Patton almost ruined him for me in the first series, even though he was slightly improved for this one.

I think Olivier is possibly the best voice in the entire dub.
Walawalawolf
QUOTE (penguintruth @ Dec 17 2010, 08:33 PM) *
QUOTE (Walawalawolf @ Dec 17 2010, 08:45 AM) *

I hated his Greed. He was so flat and I preferred the deep Japanese voice(s) and its (/their) jauntiness. Greed is my favorite character and Patton almost ruined him for me in the first series, even though he was slightly improved for this one.

I think Olivier is possibly the best voice in the entire dub.

I do have to agree with you on the Japanese Greed voice actor, I LOVED his voice in Japanese, really great actor.

I just think her voice actor is trying too hard. I don't know, I'm just not crazy about the voice.
S.F. Thunder
I think the voice of Greedling is absolutely amazing, and I must say, it's absolutely hilarious to hear Death the Kid and Excalibur talking.

Also, I do believe Kimbley is starting to sound a little less like a chain smoker, but I've only watched as far as episode 31 so far, so we'll see if he improves any more.
Vlyse
In addition to Kimblee, they also distorted Pride's voice even more. I kinda wish they did that from the beginning.
S.F. Thunder
In addition to Kimblee, they also distorted Pride's voice even more. I kinda wish they did that from the beginning.

I think they did the same with Envy, too. In any case, there seemed to be an additional, way deeper voice along with the echo that I hadn't noticed before. Honestly, in the first anime, I liked Wendy Powell... But I guess I got too spoiled with the Japanese Envy after watching all of Brotherhood in Japanese first.

But despite having been spoiled, I'm starting to like Vic and Travis more as Ed and Roy, not in comparison to anything, but I do like their voices. I absolutely love Al, and it's to the point that when I play the PS2 video games (I only just got them xD) it makes me cringe a little to hear Aaron instead of Maxey. Bradley's voice scares me a little, as it should.

Really, there are only a few voices I don't like. This is a pretty good dub compared to some.

I just wish Vic didn't sound the same with every role he takes!
hawkflame
Just started watching the box set today.

Stephanie Young as Olivier is AWESOME.

The scene where she cuts down General Raven and sends him to a cement grave is as epic as I expected it to be in the dub.
Luminarium
Can anyone confirm if the DVD boxset is out? We still have to pre-order it here in Australia, and the episodes aren't even listed in iTunes here in Australia due to the TOS & ETA release date.. sad.gif
Hagaren_4ever
QUOTE (Luminarium @ Dec 27 2010, 11:19 PM) *
Can anyone confirm if the DVD boxset is out? We still have to pre-order it here in Australia, and the episodes aren't even listed in iTunes here in Australia due to the TOS & ETA release date.. sad.gif

The DVD boxset is out on the shelves in America... sorry you have to wait longer in Australia. I don't know if it's region blocked or not, but you can watch up to episode 39 on www.dubhappy.com
Jen_Elric
Well, I just checked the schedule on Adultswim.com, and they have episode 27 starting on Jan. 8!!! The new episodes are finally starting! The only thing is that the episodes are going to be on at 1am...
Tombow
Thank you, Jen_Elric, ^^ And yes, isn't it great?! ^^

BTW, we have a thread for this discussion, so....

QUOTE (hawkflame @ Dec 17 2010, 01:19 PM) *
Big news!

According to the Adult Swim online schedule, new episodes of Brotherhood will begin airing on Saturday, January 8 at 1 AM!

http://www.adultswim.com/schedule/onair.html

Finally!

We can talk more on this on "FMA:Brotherhood on AdultSwim" thread. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.