Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FMA: Brotherhood English Dub & VA Cast Discussions
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Anime
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Kale Mustang
Oh I have not doubts that the VAs will do a great job, that's why they get paid to do what they do.

More like, I'm concerned that Travis doesn't use the same voice that was in FMA series one...that carried over into Mushi-shi...which then carried over into D.Gray man... to voice Roy for Brotherhood.

I know that they're all capable people, but it's just a niggling thought that they might try to voice the characters the same as they did before because they've already voiced the characters. Makes sense?
hand-made-city
QUOTE (Kyelinn @ Sep 29 2009, 03:37 PM) *
You guys are reading into this way too much. Voice actors aren't voice actors for nothing. I think before they go jumping into such a project that the VAs would be made well aware that the characters are different this time around, so it's time to change and shake it up a bit. It's a lot different from the 1st series. I honestly don't think they'd be walking into this blindly. Give them the benefit of the doubt. Then once you hear them, if you decide they suck, then they suck. They've not even released a dub yet for us to really go by.

Very good point! These guys are voice actors so quite obviously, they have the talent to change their voice as the director sees fit. It's more up to the director, so everyone needs to take their complaints to them! tongue.gif Also, a few of the voice actors have been keeping tabs on Brotherhood and watching some episodes, so I'm sure they've noticed some changes in the acting/voices/characters.
Aribelle
QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Sep 29 2009, 09:40 AM) *
More like, I'm concerned that Travis doesn't use the same voice that was in FMA series one...that carried over into Mushi-shi...which then carried over into D.Gray man... to voice Roy for Brotherhood.

I have the same fear about him for those exact same reasons...I loved him as Roy in FMA 1, and I felt like the voice fit perfectly, but I just haven't seen him change up his voice...ever. He's sounded more or less the same in all the series I've seen him in...so it's kinda hit or miss. It's like the character has to fit him rather than him fitting the character. *deep breath...I will not turn this into a rant about DGM* -______-

I say that I didn't like Colleen in series one, and I didn't, but at least I know that she's very capable of playing different types of characters. I mean I liked her as Rose well enough...

And I know that this is what they're paid to do and that of course I think they're researching the characters, but I definitely think that some are a bit more...effective...at doing so and then implementing it than others.

Anyway.

I'm also curious who they're going to have for Olivier! I think Mary Elizabeth McGlynn would probably do a good job...she was Cornelia in Code Geass...I was also thinking whoever was Theresa in Claymore could probably do it XD but I think Theresa's VA is also Izumi's.
RoyxRizaFan
Yes, they are voice actors, but after the DGM dub, I lost a lot of confidence because they played off cliche stereotypes rather than acting as a character. No emotion involved. Just stereotyping...anyone who's heard it (and came out alive) should understand.

QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Sep 29 2009, 12:40 PM) *

I feel bad beating down on poor Travis, because I love the guy and he does great IN PARTICULAR roles, but I have never heard him play anything else before like you said, and Roy from Brotherhood is so, so, sooooo different than anime1 Roy (which is why I love him so much) and I just really want him to be portrayed as the awesome, unique Roy Mustang we all know and love. It'll be real awkward if Travis doesn't change it up.

Then again, there is no way they couldn't have chosen Travis. He's in love with Roy Mustang (even though he's never read the manga/watched Brotherhood...which he totally should lol)

Sorry for the rant lol
Kale Mustang
But yeah, I think Travis is awesome and he did a great job with Roy. I don't hate the guy, rather I think he'll do a fantastic job.

So I'm not trying to be overly harsh on the guy, as I was citing an example of an extreme possibility of one of my greatest fears.

Again, I'll just wait and see like everyone else and I'm pretty sure that everyone will be awesome with the material from Brotherhood.
The_Twilight_Trinity
QUOTE (hand-made-city @ Sep 29 2009, 01:34 PM) *
Also, a few of the voice actors have been keeping tabs on Brotherhood and watching some episodes, so I'm sure they've noticed some changes in the acting/voices/characters.

Huh, really? Well that's good! Do you know which ones? Just curious.
zonkiethegreat
OMG does this mean Travis Willingham will be Roy's super sexy voice again??? ****Happy Dance!****

I'm sorry but I don't care if his voice hasn't changed, I think it's a good thing. He was the BEST voice for Roy. Spot on.

And I'm not saying all that just because Travis is pretty hot himself. LOL

HOORAAYY!!!!!

kkg22104
QUOTE (The_Twilight_Trinity @ Sep 29 2009, 05:18 PM) *
QUOTE (hand-made-city @ Sep 29 2009, 01:34 PM) *
Also, a few of the voice actors have been keeping tabs on Brotherhood and watching some episodes, so I'm sure they've noticed some changes in the acting/voices/characters.

Huh, really? Well that's good! Do you know which ones? Just curious.

Same here, where did you hear that? Forsaken Love and I were just talking about how it's better if actors put more effort into being more like their characters. Just like Harry Potter actors should take the time to actually read the books, voice actors should at least take a look at the manga or the original Japanese anime before jumping in.

Anyway, the other day I rewatched episodes 13-15 of FMA1 just for fun, and because I'd forgotten what the dub voices sounded like. IMO, Al is probably the most tolerable, followed by Ed, Mustang, and possibly Riza and Lust. Everyone else was pretty plain and dull, with nearly no emotion at all. It almost sounded like they're not even trying. The worst ones were probably Scar and Envy.

Putting that aside, I'll try to be optimistic and hope for the best for Brotherhood's dub biggrin.gif
Rainshine
Exiting! biggrin.gif Does anyone know when the english dubbed version is going to come out? huh.gif
hand-made-city
Vic has been watching some episodes of Brotherhood and I believe Travis has as well.. I don't know about any of the other voice actors as of yet, but both of them said that they've seen some of it at various panels that I've watched on Youtube.

And at another panel, now that I think of it, Travis said he is aware of the Roy vs. Lust fight and also knows of Riza's tattoo.. that's always good to know, right? XD
Little Washu
QUOTE (edxwinryfan @ Sep 25 2009, 03:13 PM) *
I hate it when the Japanese and/or the English cast women to play boys

Then you should stop watching anime.

Al's dub voice will also be Crona in Soul Eater...I wonder...will Al's voice be similar to Crona's? I can't find any other characters I know that the actress does...and with a male character like Al and a female like Crona...this should be good...she seems to be new.
EveningAlchemist
All I can say is... HOORAY! laugh.gif My worst fear would be that they would just recast the whole series, but some parts were changed, like Aaron Dismuke as Al. Me and my friend spent nearly half an hour looking for this chick's voice on the internet, because we were so worried about it. (And excited) We finally found her and were surprised by how boyish her voice sounds even when she talks normally! WE GIVE HER THE SEAL OF OUR APPROVAL!!

And everyone else is pretty much the same, but I really can't wait to hear who they cast as new peoples like Lin, Lan Fan, Olivier, and so on... Ah! Nine months from the DVD release you say? It's like waiting for a baby then! I am anxious for this baby to be born! ohmy.gif
Radadinator
I think I watched the English dub the first time I watched Fma since I hated subtitles back then. Now I'm pretty much set on watching the original Japanese, but I wouldn't mind watching the dub on Adult Swim. Speaking of which, Adult Swim had better air Brotherhood. (It's sad how I'm just looking forward to whatever April Fool's jokes they might put on a Brotherhood episode.)

Vic's voice...not the best Ed, but I like how passionate? he is about the show. And Vic does tend to whisper a lot, but hey Romi...growls a lot too. XD; Although Romi is just better at acting in general.

Aaron had the perfect voice, but he did grate on my nerves after a while. "Brother, but Brother, Brother hold on, BROTHER!, Brother?" Don't get me wrong I did like his voice, it was just a little monotone. Probably from lack of experience, so this Maxey Whitehead is sounding better for the job.
FullmetalMagician
Thank you so much for sharing this important information.

Cheers.
edxwinryfan
QUOTE (Little Washu @ Sep 30 2009, 06:08 PM) *
QUOTE (edxwinryfan @ Sep 25 2009, 03:13 PM) *
I hate it when the Japanese and/or the English cast women to play boys

Then you should stop watching anime.

Al's dub voice will also be Crona in Soul Eater...I wonder...will Al's voice be similar to Crona's? I can't find any other characters I know that the actress does...and with a male character like Al and a female like Crona...this should be good...she seems to be new.

Why should I stop watching anime? sleep.gif First off I haven't seen too much anime in the first place,but when I do watch it I prefer to watch the dubbed version. All of the anime I have seen have used men/boys for the male characters examples are: Fruits Basket,DN Angel, and Death Note. For Fma Brotherhood I have to watch the sub,but I do think the female voice actors of Ed and Al did a fair job,but I just prefer their dubbed voices a lot better happy.gif
PrincessElir
I like the oringal dub. I find the oringinal series subtittled annoying...I am not minding Brotherhood subtittled right now, cause that's all there is right now.
FailToImpress
I definitely prefer the English dub, not only is it a decent dub, I hate reading subtitles. I don't speak Japanese so I don't get the full effect of the emotion or what they're saying.
Forsaken Love
^ive been watchin subtitles since i was really little XD i even put them on english tv, i just like readin along for some reason XD sure helped me learn to read faster, also i dont think you need to understand the words to hear the emotion thats been put into them, but im so used to listenin to japanese in particular maybe im just used to it *shrug* I certainly know loads of people who hate subtitles aswell

Anyway just dropped by to say, the first fma dub was pretty good I'll grant, but after hearing the pure raw emotion romi paku put into ed in this weeks episode, particually in the al at the gate part, im sceptical that vic will step up to the mark, the manga storyline imo has so much more power and emotion to it, and has acting barriors that the first anime never even touched upon, I don't think that Vic will deliver the performance this time around, but i guess will see, not that im too bothered anyway, im fine with the original audio personally
kkg22104
QUOTE (FailToImpress @ Oct 5 2009, 04:29 AM) *
I definitely prefer the English dub, not only is it a decent dub, I hate reading subtitles. I don't speak Japanese so I don't get the full effect of the emotion or what they're saying.

I don't understand why people hate reading subtitles. It only takes about a second to glance down and read the sentence and then you can continue to watch the rest of the scene. And just because you don't understand the language doesn't mean that you can't hear the emotion in their voices, and a really good example is the last scene from episode 26 of Brotherhood. Romi Paku is simply amazing.
FailToImpress
QUOTE (kkg22104 @ Oct 5 2009, 09:04 PM) *
I don't understand why people hate reading subtitles. It only takes about a second to glance down and read the sentence and then you can continue to watch the rest of the scene. And just because you don't understand the language doesn't mean that you can't hear the emotion in their voices, and a really good example is the last scene from episode 26 of Brotherhood. Romi Paku is simply amazing.

I just don't like reading them, I prefer to just listen and watch the animation although I'll read subtitles if I have no other choice. I have my preference, other people have theirs. I don't really see a problem with that...

As far as emotion goes, ehh, it's not much of a big deal but again, I just find that I get the full effect in my own language.
Forsaken Love
*nod* when i first got into anime, i watched all dub, and when i moved to sub (cause there was no dub) i really hated it, i couldnt get the flow of the language, the subtle inflections, it was hard to distinguish between voices, and even raw emotion was hard to hear, to me, a lot of the time it was just...noise, however, after watching about 50eps of strait sub, my brain suddenly clicked, and even though i didnt understand the words, all the things that actors put into their voices, i could suddenly hear and the emotion I could understand as well as i could in english, and when i heard dubs again, i felt completly cringiful of them, now im used to subs theres no going back, but i understand what you mean, cause when i first got into anime, i couldnt hear the 'full effect' either
FailToImpress
QUOTE (Forsaken Love @ Oct 6 2009, 04:31 PM) *
*nod* when i first got into anime, i watched all dub, and when i moved to sub (cause there was no dub) i really hated it, i couldnt get the flow of the language, the subtle inflections, it was hard to distinguish between voices, and even raw emotion was hard to hear, to me, a lot of the time it was just...noise, however, after watching about 50eps of strait sub, my brain suddenly clicked, and even though i didnt understand the words, all the things that actors put into their voices, i could suddenly hear and the emotion I could understand as well as i could in english, and when i heard dubs again, i felt completly cringiful of them, now im used to subs theres no going back, but i understand what you mean, cause when i first got into anime, i couldnt hear the 'full effect' either

Heh, glad someone understands. XD
I've watched 3 or 4 anime series' with subs because the English dub wasn't out yet, but that's about it. I'm not really used to hearing Japanese all that often so... I think it is a learned thing, and I don't have the time to learn it haha. tongue.gif

Back on topic, funnily enough, the actor I'm most worried about this time around is Vic. I can't imagine anyone else's English voice for him, but at the same time he has a lot to live up to.
Forsaken Love
oh yeh, for some people its definatly a learned thing, of course for talented linguists or people used to taking in languages they probably adapt very quickly, if not instantly, but for me personally, it took quite a long time, but now ive learned some japanese and ive listened to so much of it over the past few years (and i mean ALOT of stuff XD and not just anime) I 100% perfer the japanese audio, but to 'hear' the superiority of the acting, took time and a lot of well i guess 'practice' XD

anyway yesh back on topic, im VERY worried about Vic, no offence to him but imo hes simply not a good enough actor compared to romi paku, in the first anime he produced a pretty fair job compared to ya average dub, but this time around, the manga storyline calls for VERY talented actors and actresses and after seeing this weeks ending scene, I'm very sceptical Vic can pull that off to the heart breaking, tear jerking quality of the japanese.
S.F. Thunder
Reviving this topic to answer a question that I think still remains, I'm pretty sure that Greeling is voiced by two people- Ling's actor and original Greed's. I remember watching a clip from the Prince of Dawn game (or it might've been it's sequel; not being able to read kanji confuses me) in which we got to see Greeling, and his voice was definitely original Greed's. I think that'll be the animation's best way of showing us who's in control; I certainly think it's a good idea.

I don't watch much anime, and I definitely don't watch much dubbed anime, but it's been years since the first FMA anime was dubbed. I'd like to think that the voice actors will have improved a lot, given that now they've had a few extra years of experience. That's how I'm looking at it. As much as I love Vic, though- I've met him and he's a great guy who really does love the series- as people have been saying, he's got big shoes to fill. I don't know what it is about Japanese seiyuu, but they always seem to be able to put a lot more emotion into their voice. I'm really hoping the dub cast can pull this off; Romi Paku set the bar reeeaally high. And, come to think of it, so did Envy's voice in the recent episodes- I liked Wendy Powell as Envy, but I'm not sure if she can sound that sadistic.
heartwing713
About subtitles vs. dubbing, I personally make it a point to watch both. I like both equally, and I've gotten very familiar with Japanese, it feels perfectly natural for me to watch a subtitled anime, I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

As for the voice actors, I'm glad they're keeping the original english cast. I think it's important for the characters to be different from how they were in anime1, which is why some people would say that the cast should be new. But I think it's also important for the voice actors to be familiar with how the characters were in anime1. While they are different in the manga, they are still the same people as in anime1. I think that their portrayals of the characters will be better since they are very familiar with both the anime1 and anime2/manga sides of their characters smile.gif
Little Washu
QUOTE (edxwinryfan @ Oct 2 2009, 09:14 PM) *
Why should I stop watching anime? sleep.gif

It's a well known fact that in Japan AND America, women are almost always used for young males. For example, Naruto, Ed and Al (Japanese) Or even look at the Japanese cast for Higurashi, Satoshi was played by a woman and he's like, 17.

It really depends more on the personality. If you look at characters like Sasuke or Keiichi, yeah, a male voice for both is preferred. But then look at Satoshi and Ed, female in Japanese but male in English. Those men also had softer voices. It depends on the character. Sometime, a female is better than a male. Take the Kakashi Gaiden. Kakashi and Obito's voices were WAY to adult sounding for 12 year old boys, and should have been played by females.

Anyway, more cast:

Maxey Whitehead as Alphonse Elric
Vic Mignogna as Edward Elric
Caitlin Glass as Winry Rockbell
J. Michael Tatum as Scar
Travis Willingham as Roy Mustang

Andy Mullins as Cornello (ep 3)
Barry Yandell as Yoki
Bill Jenkins as Slicer
Bob Carter as Sig Curtis
Brina Palencia as Nina Tucker

Bryan Massey as Isaac MacDougal (ep 1)
Chris Cason as Gluttony
Chris Patton as Greed
Christopher R. Sabat as Alex Louis Armstrong
Chuck Huber as Shou Tucker

Colleen Clinkenbeard as
Riza Hawkeye
Rose Thomas
Cynthia Cranz as Paninya
Ed Blaylock as Fuhrer Bradley

Eric Vale as Zolf Kimblee
Gwendolyn Lau as Sciezka
Jerry Jewell as Barry the Chopper
Jim Foronda as Denny Brosh
Juli Erickson as Pinako Rockbell

Kevin M. Connolly as Kain Fuery
Kyle Hebert as Vato Falman
Laura Bailey as Lust
Lydia Mackay as Trisha Elric
Meredith McCoy as Maria Ross

Mike McFarland as Jean Havoc
R Bruce Elliott as Basque Grand
Sonny Strait as Maes Hughes
Tiffany Grant as Martel
Wendy Powell as Envy
Broken Chouchou
Not that it really matters that much to me since I'm going for the sub, but who's Maxey Whitehead and what has he done previously? Is he a good actor? huh.gif
Forsaken Love
^ *she hasn't done that much atm i don't think, seems pretty new to the business, i hear shes also doing crona from soul eater when the dub comes out, i posted a clip of her voice (least im pretty sure its her XD) on i think the first page of this thread, she sounds pretty good actually, in character and with Al's armour echo i think she'll sound nice
Broken Chouchou
It's a she? Oh, and here I was totally convinced it was going to be a dude who played Alphonse tongue.gif But if nothing else she'll probably at least do it better than Aaron. His Al-voice annoys the heck out of me. He sound sooo mopy x/

Bag of Magic Food
QUOTE (Forsaken Love @ Oct 13 2009, 11:29 AM) *
i posted a clip of her voice (least im pretty sure its her XD) on i think the first page of this thread,

"This video is not available in your country due to copyright restrictions." sad.gif
Megabyte117
Just got back from Saboten-con in Arizona and Vic talked a bit about the dub. He said he just finished recording the episode where he meets Ling and is really loving the new storyline so far. He never gave any indication of knowing Aaron was the voice for Ling, so, he's probably not. Vic also said that the new voice for Al sounds almost exactly like Aaron because in the auditions they were looking for people with a similar voice to his.

Starlight777
Well he probably didn't give any indication cuz maybe he's not allowed to? I dunno, Funi loves to keep things a secret then reveal it in a big way so we'll see.
Bag of Magic Food
~ Will Funimation Get The Right Pronunciations For This Series? ~

Or can we expect to hear more "Alex Luís Armstrong", "Gene Havoc", "Shao Tucker", "Sergeant Block", "Doorshay" and the like? I suppose it's too late to fix ones like "Leera" and "Moogeeyar" at any rate.

But I still think it would be hilarious if they went back to calling Dublith "Daw-breese" for just one more episode.
penguintruth
Well, in some cases, it's no worse than Japanese pronunciations of Germanic/English words in the series.

Give them a break. Pronouncing things is the least of the FMA's dub's problems.
Bag of Magic Food
Sure, but it's those stupid little mistakes that really jump out at me and make everything look unprofessional. The strange pronunciations could have been caught simply by watching the original show or having someone read the source material out loud.

And you're right that there are other things the dub could improve on that may not change if they're bringing back almost the entire original cast. I like the manlier voices for Scar and the Fuhrer in Brotherhood's Japanese cast, for instance. Ed Blaylock just sounds too nice to be Wrath, even when he does try to act evil!

I also love how the new Envy has this singsong petulant teenager voice, rather than the raspy old lady voice of the original. Can Wendy Powell sound like that?

And, yeah, we have to listen to Vic Mignogna again, but maybe he can be less annoying this time around.
Broken Chouchou
Doesn't Bradley (Wrath/Pride) have the same voice actor in Brotherhood as in the original anime?

Anyway, the dub doesn't really concern me too much. I like the original japanese voices better, so I'm sticking to that.
Bag of Magic Food
Maybe, but he seems to get a lot more screentime in this show, even with all the scenes they cut out, so this was the show that really introduced me to the character.
Tombow
<Program Note>

Before we keep on adding more posts, as this is quickly going off-topic from "dub pronunciation," and turning into another regular "dub cast" discussion thread, I'm going to merge this to FMA Brotherhood English Dub discussion thread shortly. And, by the way, yes, we can discuss about dub "pronunciation" there as well.
Please continue this discussion there. smile.gif

ETA: Thread merged to FMA Brotherhood English Dub discussion thread. smile.gif
Bag of Magic Food
Yeah, so I probably had some bad judgment as to whether "pronunciations" was good enough for a discussion topic on its own.
Hagaren_4ever
Hmm... I'm not sure whether this is the right place to post this question or not...

" Is Adult Swim buying the new series?" God, I hope so. I don't even really care if it's Adult Swim, I just want SOME channel to buy it.
Bag of Magic Food
I want to believe that Adult Swim doubled up showing episodes of the original series so they could finish one last run in 6 months just in time to replace it with Brotherhood next spring, but I'm worried that their anime has gotten so unpopular that they won't even pick up the sequel to one of their long-established series!
FailToImpress
QUOTE (Bag of Magic Food @ Nov 2 2009, 05:38 AM) *
Or can we expect to hear more "Alex Luís Armstrong", "Gene Havoc", "Shao Tucker", "Sergeant Block", "Doorshay" and the like? I suppose it's too late to fix ones like "Leera" and "Moogeeyar" at any rate.

But I still think it would be hilarious if they went back to calling Dublith "Daw-breese" for just one more episode.

Who on earth ever called Dublith by that pronunciation..? huh.gif I don't remember hearing that.
And how else do you want them to pronounce the other names? I can accept the Lyra and Dorochet one, but the others no, lol.

Most people can't pronounce 'Bloch' properly anyway.
BloodRed Alchemist
QUOTE (heartwing713 @ Oct 10 2009, 08:35 AM) *
About subtitles vs. dubbing, I personally make it a point to watch both. I like both equally, and I've gotten very familiar with Japanese, it feels perfectly natural for me to watch a subtitled anime, I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

As for the voice actors, I'm glad they're keeping the original english cast. I think it's important for the characters to be different from how they were in anime1, which is why some people would say that the cast should be new. But I think it's also important for the voice actors to be familiar with how the characters were in anime1. While they are different in the manga, they are still the same people as in anime1. I think that their portrayals of the characters will be better since they are very familiar with both the anime1 and anime2/manga sides of their characters smile.gif

Wow I totally agree with you! I've never really liked the whole sub vs. dub fight. There's no ultimate solution because eveyone has their preferences. Those who like subs don't need to bash dubs or those who like them and vice versa for people who like the dub. Just say you like the dub or the orginal Japanese and leave it at that. Also I know everyone wants Aaron to be in the new series, but I'm not sure about him being Ling. I always thought Jason Leibretch(sp?), he played the other Al in the movie, would make a good Ling.Thats just my personal opinion though (don't flame just agree or disagree). Oh and I like that Maxey is playing Al but she was the first one I thought of to play Pride because of her role as Czeslaw Meyer in Baccano!.
hawkflame
QUOTE (BloodRed Alchemist @ Nov 6 2009, 08:40 PM) *
Wow I totally agree with you! I've never really liked the whole sub vs. dub fight. There's no ultimate solution because eveyone has their preferences. Those who like subs don't need to bash dubs or those who like them and vice versa for people who like the dub. Just say you like the dub or the orginal Japanese and leave it at that. Also I know everyone wants Aaron to be in the new series, but I'm not sure about him being Ling. I always thought Jason Leibretch(sp?), he played the other Al in the movie, would make a good Ling.Thats just my personal opinion though (don't flame just agree or disagree). Oh and I like that Maxey is playing Al but she was the first one I thought of to play Pride because of her role as Czeslaw Meyer in Baccano!.

Regarding Aaron, I thought it was all but confirmed that he will have a big part in FMA Brotherhood, and Ling is the only one that makes sense. I certainly can't see him playing one of the Briggs' guys...

As for sub/dub, well that's why they have both on the DVD, right?
Dearheart
Yes, yes, yes. Ditto to everything, lol. I like both versions a lot; I think they both have strengths and weaknesses (and awesome VAs!).

And actually, Vic Mignogna had something really awesome to say about the whole sub vs. dub thing. I posted this video in the Vic thread, but I figured I should post it here too 'cause he sums it up so perfectly. biggrin.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmLVhY4OfhA
BloodRed Alchemist
Yea I thought about Aaron playing one of the Briggs guys but it doesn't seem to fit. Who knows maybe we'll be suprised that he will provide a good voice for Ling and play him well. And yes Vic really does sum it up perfectly.
Hagaren_4ever
Okay, I don't understand why some people say, "Romi Park". Shouldn't her name remain, "Romi Paku"? I mean, English speakers would have any trouble saying "Romi Paku", so why do some say, "Romi Park"?
Kyelinn
Because technically the 'U' at the end of her name is silent so it'd sound like Romi "Pahk" I believe. I'm sure people just translate it to "Park" in English.
penguintruth
"Park" is her Korean name. Her family has Korean roots, I believe, but she was born in Japan.
"Paku" is the Japanese way of pronouncing it.
hawkflame
QUOTE (penguintruth @ Nov 12 2009, 08:58 PM) *
"Park" is her Korean name. Her family has Korean roots, I believe, but she was born in Japan.
"Paku" is the Japanese way of pronouncing it.

If you want the correct Korean pronunciation, her name is actually 박로미 (pronounced Bak Ro-mi) but when it comes to last names "Bak" generally becomes "Park" in English.

Yeah, it kind of bugs me when people insist her name is "Romi Paku"...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.