Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FMA: Brotherhood English Dub & VA Cast Discussions
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Anime
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
deet-tastic
Episode 19 for me will be the make or break for Travis and Colleen as well as Laura. I'm so excited to hear that dubbed. SOO excited.
LadyCera
Anyone know if they plan to do a live feed of the dubs? and if so, where it could be found?
Dearheart
I think it'll be really interesting to see how both Colleen and Caitlen handle their "big scenes". Both involve guns, tears and screaming. xD

I personally CANNOT WAIT for all the EdxWinry parts to get dubbed. That's what I'm looking forward to the most. biggrin.gif (And I'm sure Vic has had a blast with them; he's a pretty strong EdWin shipper...) I'm also excited to hear what Ling and all the other new characters will sound like. Gah, I'm gonna be grinning like an idiot when the dub comes out. It's not every day you get to experience your favorite fandom two times. wink.gif
FailToImpress
QUOTE (hawkflame @ Feb 10 2010, 01:20 AM) *
I cannot wait to hear the dub of episode 19. Not just for Colleen as Hawkeye, but my god, how badass could Travis and Laura sound in that scene as Mustang and Lust?

Hawkeye was such an understated role in the first series, I look forward to seeing how she will handle the more emotional sides of the character this time around.

Oh gosh, I know. laugh.gif That whole episode could be epic, and I really hope it is. Let's not forget Havoc too, poor dude. I'd like to see how his VA handles the more uh, personal and serious aspects of his character this time around.
FullMetalFist
I can not wait for the premiere on adult swim. I think it will be amazing. The promo was awesome. FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST baby ya. I have a feeling vic did an even better job on this series. So I have high hopes.
Jen_Elric
I can't wait for the premiere!! I started watching the 1st anime dubbed, and even though I'm now used to the Japanese version (and love the original voices), I know the dub will be good. And I agree with FullMetalFist that Vic will most likely do a better job this time.
Rainshine
I don't have Adult Swim, but I'm still really excited!! biggrin.gif

I can't wait to hear the english dub. smile.gif
EveningAlchemist
Here's a better quality of that promo! You can actually hear Truth's voice in the beginning now, and Isaac's too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOVpIZBXdV8...feature=related

This shall be the best Valentine's Day ever. Screw real romance I love FMAB! <3
Rainshine
^THANK YOU!!! That link just made my day.

QUOTE (EveningAlchemist @ Feb 10 2010, 06:32 PM) *
This shall be the best Valentine's Day ever. Screw real romance I love FMAB! <3

And this. Ohgod this. XD
deet-tastic
Best V-day indeed. I get to spend it with my true love tongue.gif
It's getting closer...closer.

Who all is having a party with invited people?
I am.
sidekick.kep37
^Whoa. You're having a party just for the dubbed premiere of FMA? That's hardcore, man. :nodnod:

I can't wait for the dub either. To be honest, I'm still worried about Travis and Colleen's voice mainly because their characters are so different from anime1. I mean, there was this one point where I hated how Colleen voiced Riza and I just couldn't stand it for a while. But I'm obviously over that now. And not to mention, they aren't voice actors for nothing. Haha, I'll be so freaking out when ep 19 comes around. That will be my make or break point for Colleen, Travis, and even Mike and Laura this time around.
hagane no shimo
so the first dubbed episode is premiering this saturday on adult swim?
A Pierrot's Aria
^Yes indeedy. : ) Well, Sunday if people want to get really technical, since it's at midnight. =P
hagane no shimo
I'm excited XD

shanryelric
funny.. in Animax Asia it's already aired until episode 16 something...
Bag of Magic Food
QUOTE (A Pierrot's Aria @ Feb 11 2010, 09:33 AM) *
Well, Sunday if people want to get really technical, since it's at midnight. =P

No, it's Saturday at 11 for me!
A Pierrot's Aria
^Damn you time zones!!! *shakes fist* xD

EDIT: Sorry, Chiyo!
Chiyo
Just a polite request to cut out the spam please.
FailToImpress
Haha, it'll be on at like, 5am Sunday for me. tongue.gif I live in the UK though, so I'll have to make do with watching it online, providing I manage to find it online. tongue.gif

There's a few episodes I'm most looking forward to, and I think the VAs will do a great job. The trailer looks promising, although there isn't much to take away from 30 seconds of clip.
A Pierrot's Aria
I'm from the UK too and I can't wait either!

I've searched the depths of the net and I can't find anywhere to watch it online for the life in me. Proxies are no good to watch videos with either- it's impossible. X__X
Chiyo
I'm afraid in the UK we are rather unfortunate when it comes to FMA, and you will probably find filters will stop you being able to see it live because of copyright laws. That isn't to say it will always be unavailable but live might be a challenge.
Kale Mustang
Midnight One in the morning for me on Sunday.

Will probably have Adult Swim on in the background while I watch the new ep through Keyhole and then wait until it's time for the dub in HD.

Awesome Valentine's Day present. tongue.gif
hand-made-city
I've moved from the UK back to the US just in time then... ^^ but I don't have a TV so it doesn't matter. sleep.gif Funimation puts their dubbed videos on their website too, so I've been watching newly dubbed shows there. I don't see why they wouldn't put FMA:B on there too... But I'm not sure if they'll show the whole series or just snippets of it on their website, so I'm not sure if I can rely on that.
DistantBlue
I'm so excited...I get to watch it at 11 PM Saturday! LOL

I am also concerned about Hawkeye and Mustang, since their portrayal is significantly different in the first anime than in the manga.

IMHO:

-Colleen Clickenbeard
-flirty, lower, smooth voice sounds OOC for Hawkeye at times.
-Monotone, deep way of 'yessir'-ing and such gets tiring to hear after a while
-Can really get into emotional scenes - she really is a talented voice actress.

Travis Whatshisname
-Is great at the snarsky ladies man side of Mustang - however, he is really not that type of man in the manga.
-Can certainly do all the shouting and yelling of commands - but he just doesn't sound authentic and almost bored when he is in a stressing or emotional scene.

That said, I am certainly going to give them a chance, because I do like them a lot. But like other people have been saying, the characters in the manga are very different then portrayed in the first anime.

I really can't wait to hear Maxey Whitehead and the new voice of Scar though. And the Xingnese characters!
hawkflame
QUOTE (hand-made-city @ Feb 11 2010, 06:09 PM) *
I've moved from the UK back to the US just in time then... ^^ but I don't have a TV so it doesn't matter. sleep.gif Funimation puts their dubbed videos on their website too, so I've been watching newly dubbed shows there. I don't see why they wouldn't put FMA:B on there too... But I'm not sure if they'll show the whole series or just snippets of it on their website, so I'm not sure if I can rely on that.

Adultswim.com is also supposed to be putting up the episodes several days after they air, so you could check them out there as well.
Disasterpiece
NEW VOICE OF SCAR? WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN

i declare shenanigans!

<South Park pic was edited out as off-topic and distracting. Please use your words to describe your opinions on the discussion threads on our board, except on the threads designated for posting such pics. Any such further use of pics in lieu of your own words on the discussion threads may be deleted without further notice. ~ Board Staff>
penguintruth
Maybe the new Scar VA won't make him sound like Generic Bad Guy Voice #3030494-B, like Dameon Clarke did.
A Pierrot's Aria
^Yeah got to agree with you there, Penguintruth. Plus, I don't think that voice will suit brotherhood's more muscular Scar. xD I looked again at the cast list and one, J. Michael Tatum is doing Scar's voice now.

Also, I'm just reading that he played Scar in the OVA premium collection too...*Didn't notice much of a difference.*
Sal_san
QUOTE (shanryelric @ Feb 11 2010, 09:38 AM) *
funny.. in Animax Asia it's already aired until episode 16 something...

Well that isn't the official Funi dub... I'd know, Vic doesn't sound like a girl at all.

But man, THAT dub was amusing... Armstrong in (what sounds like) a Russian accent. I approve. XDDD

Ross sounds to feminine, though. And I think Roy needs to sound... harsher? Less smooth?

But yeah, I love the Animax dub. XDD

Can't wait for the Funi dub, though!
shanryelric
EH???? means there are two kinds of english dub? i swear it's vic.
Sal_san
QUOTE (shanryelric @ Feb 12 2010, 07:19 AM) *
EH???? means there are two kinds of english dub? i swear it's vic.

No. it isn't Vic. ^^;

Have you watched the first FMA anime when it aired on Animax? THAT'S what Vic sounded like. XD

If not, here's what Vic would sound like as Ed: Yeah, it's the first anime.
shanryelric
WHA? hmmm.. maybe. have the video of Animax dub?
Sal_san
QUOTE (shanryelric @ Feb 12 2010, 08:47 AM) *
WHA? hmmm.. maybe. have the video of Animax dub?

Sadly, no. ^^; But really, it's obvious that the person who's voicing Ed in the Animax dub and Vic who's voiced for the Funi dub are different. XD

I mean... Vic does not sound like a girl. The VA (whoever that might be) obviously is.

Yeah. XD
Kale Mustang
Well, got my formal email from Funimation announcing when FMA Brotherhood will be airing on Adult Swim.

Can't wait to hear it, considering a good number of characters are actually introduced in the first episode while both Ed and Roy actually have scenes that demonstrate a bit of range in their character's voices.
hand-made-city
^I got the email too... I guess this means that I can't watch the episodes on Funi's website, since they'll be sold on other websites. I'm guessing this means they won't be available for free on their own website. Darn. XD

I will check out adultswim's website instead! Thank you hawkflame for telling me about that!
hawkflame
QUOTE (hand-made-city @ Feb 12 2010, 12:30 PM) *
^I got the email too... I guess this means that I can't watch the episodes on Funi's website, since they'll be sold on other websites. I'm guessing this means they won't be available for free on their own website. Darn. XD

I will check out adultswim's website instead! Thank you hawkflame for telling me about that!

From what I understand, Saturday episodes don't show up online until the following wednesday, so be sure to check then.
Tombow
<Quick Heads-Up & Reminder>

When English dubbed FMA: Brotherhood episode 1 airs on AdultSwim on Feb. 14...

* General discussions on each of English Dub VAs after watching English dubbed episode 1 on Adult Swim: please post on this thread.

* To discuss CONTENT of FMA:B episode 1 (now that you guys may have a new thoughts/discovery, etc. about this episode after viewing it in dub and/or just from watching it again...) please add your posts on existing FMA: Brotherhood episode 1 Content Discussion thread (currently on page 14)

* To discuss certain English Dub VA's particular performance as part of "episode content" of FMA:B episode 1, please post on existing FMA: Brotherhood episode 1 Content Discussion thread (currently on page 14)

And, the rest is the same as usual, such as:
* To discuss FMA:B OST/OP/ED music, please add your post on FMA:B OST/OP/ED music discussion thread,

* And as usual, "I'm not in U.S., where can I watch this English dubbed FMA:B ep1 on-line??!!!" should be posted NOT on FMA: Brotherhood episode 1 Content Discussion thread but on "Where to watch FMA: B episode thread, etc., etc. please... smile.gif
penguintruth
Now I'm interested in this Animax dub of the show. I wish I could hear it.
Rainshine
Okay, who else it super excited for the english dub of episode 26?
Romi did such an amazing job there, and I can't wait to see what Vic comes up with. wink.gif
Hyperthia
I'm excited!
It's like watching the show all over again!
Oh... well, it is watching the show all over again, but it's still new!
I'm anxious to hear how the English VAs pull it off.
deet-tastic
Yeah, that's a plus-side smile.gif
Now we get two episodes of FMAB each weekend.
shanryelric
ah, though i dont like dubs, waiting is exciting anyway!!! biggrin.gif i can't waut vic's perform fror episode 26! can he beat romi? (hmmh..). anyway, i never heard the animax dub, it's what my friends said, but it's true that there's english dub animax version, only that i never hear them.
they won't change the ending and opening theme into english rite???
Disasterpiece
24 hours

D=
Rainshine
I don't even have Adult Swim on my TV and I'm still excited.
Does anyone know where I'll be able to watch them once they start showing on Adult Swim? huh.gif
sidekick.kep37
@ Rainshine: I'm pretty sure we (as a thread) have confirmed that adult swim would probably have it on their site and you could always wait for Funimation to post their dubs on their site as well. Don't know any other places (for certain) yet.

@ shanryelric: No, they won't turn the themes into english-speaking songs. The only thing I think they would do with the theme songs is.. take them out. Like in anime1 where they used just the OP themes of 2 and 4 instead of all 4.

I was thinking the same thing as deet-tastic. Two episodes a week would certainly brighten my outlook. Not to mention the wait for hardcore episodes like eps. 19 and 26 (my two favorites so far). I can feel the anticipation for just those eps coming out in dub. I want to see how it turns out. Of course, patience is a virtue. XD Wow, I can't wait.

Wait, there's an animax dub? Pardon my naivety, but they sound familiar but I don't think I'm familiar with their work...

shanryelric
ah yes there's animax dub too.. it's not funi dub, different.
good lord they dont dub the opening ending song. it's going to be ridiculous. ==''.

Brittdvorak
I was fortunate enough to watch the first 3 episodes dubbed tonight with Vic, Maxey, and Mike McFarland. It was really good, I think you guys will approve. Though Maxeys Al did take me a bit to get used to since i'm so used to Aarons rendition.

But I really enjoyed it. Vics young Ed improved, and caitlins young winry is awesome! All the other VAs were great as well!

shanryelric
whoa. caitlin did good in winry's young voice? cool. i love her when she sings, she sings beautifuly O.O

ah I want to see too!!
Sal_san
QUOTE (sidekick.kep37 @ Feb 12 2010, 11:52 PM) *
Wait, there's an animax dub? Pardon my naivety, but they sound familiar but I don't think I'm familiar with their work...

Yep, but I guess it's only available on Animax Asia. ^^; It's not horrible, yet it's nothing amazing either...

Still lol'ing over Russian accent!Armstrong. XD

Which reminds me, I better go search around for the Funi dub now...
Chiyo
Disasterpiece - I can't stress enough, STOP SPAMMING. You keep posting comments with little content that add nothing to the discussion. Please listen to what we are telling you.

Please also stop "chatting" with each other. It takes up space and doesn't add a great deal to the overall topic. Please feel free to chat VIA PM TO EACH OTHER.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.