Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FMA: Brotherhood English Dub & VA Cast Discussions
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Anime
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
angelofsarcasm89
~ Brotherhood Possibly Confirmed For Adult Swim? - Updated schedule shows two separate times for Fullmetal Alchemist ~

SCHEDULE LINK HERE.

According to Adult Swim's flash schedule for February 13th, Fullmetal Alchemist is going to be shown twice, at two different times. However, they recently announced that they have three new anime series this year, with one slated to premier on February 13th. One of the episodes of FMA is in that slot. Also, notice how the other shows have episode titles or numbers listed with them, except Fullmetal. All in all, it points very much towards Brotherhood being on AS next month.

Happy Valentines Day to us, eh?
FailToImpress
QUOTE (angelofsarcasm89 @ Jan 29 2010, 05:42 AM) *
According to Adult Swim's flash schedule for February 13th, Fullmetal Alchemist is going to be shown twice, at two different times. However, they recently announced that they have three new anime series this year, with one slated to premier on February 13th. One of the episodes of FMA is in that slot. Also, notice how the other shows have episode titles or numbers listed with them, except Fullmetal. All in all, it points very much towards Brotherhood being on AS next month.

A very happy valentines! smile.gif
I'm so excited, and it's come sooner than I thought it would if this is correct! I won't be watching it on the TV since the channel isn't available to me, I'll be seeking it out on the net lol.
Hyperthia
Indeed, a very happy Valentines smile.gif
penguintruth
It will be happy if this dub isn't as disappointing as the last one was.
Vlyse
QUOTE (angelofsarcasm89 @ Jan 28 2010, 11:42 PM) *
~ Brotherhood Possibly Confirmed For Adult Swim? - Updated schedule shows two separate times for Fullmetal Alchemist ~

SCHEDULE LINK HERE.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-...ist/brotherhood

I guess this means its official now.
Tombow
QUOTE (Vlyse @ Feb 4 2010, 07:40 PM) *
AnimeNetworkNews

I guess this means its official now.

Yes, indeed! ^^ (repost the news article below from the posted link above)

QUOTE (AnimeNetworkNews on the above linked page)
The Los Angeles Weekly newspaper's blog has confirmed that the Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood anime series will premiere on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim programming block in the United States at midnight EST/PST on February 14. The anime will run for 26 episodes in the Saturday evening/Sunday morning timeslot. The newspaper also confirmed the English dub's cast:

Vic Mignogna: Edward Elric
Caitlin Glass: Winry Rockbell
Travis Willingham: Roy Mustang
Laura Bailey: Lust
Wendy Powell: Envy
Chris Cason: Gluttony
Sonny Strait: Maes Hughes
Ed Blaylock: Fuhrer King Bradley
Colleen Clinkenbeard: Riza Hawkeye
Mike McFarland: Jean Havoc
Maxey Whitehead: Alphonse Elric
J. Michael Tatum: Scar
Bryan Massey: Isaac McDougal

Adult Swim's internal web server had already listed "Fullmetal Alchemist" in this timeslot late last month, and had publicly confirmed that a "new anime" would run in the timeslot as early as January 19. However, today's news is the first public confirmation that Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is the version that will run.

Thank you everyone for bringing this news!! Appreciated!! biggrin.gif
FailToImpress
Ahh I'm so excited!
(I will need to hunt down these dubbed eps online lol)

Question, though, about this quote from the website:

The anime will run for 26 episodes in the Saturday evening/Sunday morning timeslot.

Obviously brotherhood has already more than 26 episodes, does this just mean that these episodes are in that timeslot, and episodes after which might be in another timeslot? *confused* I don't know how AS works.
rzerox21xx
QUOTE (FailToImpress @ Feb 5 2010, 12:28 PM) *
Question, though, about this quote from the website:
The anime will run for 26 episodes in the Saturday evening/Sunday morning timeslot.

Obviously brotherhood has already more than 26 episodes, does this just mean that these episodes are in that timeslot, and episodes after which might be in another timeslot? *confused* I don't know how AS works.

I'm guessing they going to show the first 26 which is right up to Ed meeting Al's body in the gate and leave it as a cliffhanger and do reruns. I usually watch my animes subbed but I do appericate and like the dub actors, especially Vic and Caitlin. They do good work so I looking forward to this.
A Pierrot's Aria
I hope some kind soul will upload it to the net for us adult swim-less countries! xD I'm dying to see it.
hawkflame
QUOTE (A Pierrot's Aria @ Feb 5 2010, 02:55 PM) *
I hope some kind soul will upload it to the net for us adult swim-less countries! xD I'm dying to see it.

I know that the dubbed episodes are going to be put online at adultswim.com several days after they air, but I'm not sure if they block ISPs from other countries or not.
A Pierrot's Aria
^Yep, they most certainly have blocked other countries from viewing it...x.x That's why myself and others will have to rely on someone uploading it if at all possible...
Kale Mustang
Pretty good news and I'll definitely be watching it for sure.

After not hearing the original voices in so long, I hope the transition back into the English dub after watching Raws/Subs for so long will be easy.
amestris_star
QUOTE (A Pierrot's Aria @ Feb 5 2010, 09:11 PM) *
^Yep, they most certainly have blocked other countries from viewing it...x.x That's why myself and others will have to rely on someone uploading it if at all possible...

I second this whole-heartedly because I'm pretty sure it'll be only for US viewing, and I'm practically an English speaker despite not living in neither the US nor the UK tongue.gif
hand-made-city
QUOTE (Kale Mustang @ Feb 5 2010, 03:25 PM) *
After not hearing the original voices in so long, I hope the transition back into the English dub after watching Raws/Subs for so long will be easy.

I agree! Sometimes I'll watch a dub and love it, but after getting used to the Japanese version, going back to the dub feels awkward, no matter how much I loved it before. I think everything will be okay though. These actors have been working on other projects too, so it's not like they'll lose touch with their roles or how to use their voices. In another series I follow, some of the actors had been inactive for years before the new season came out, so they had trouble with the voices. I don't think that will be the case with the FMA dub.
edxwinryfan
Even though I don't get Adult Swim since I am in Canada I am still excited! I wasn't expecting the show to air this soon, hopefully I will be able to see in online smile.gif
deet-tastic
(Hey I'm knew)

When I saw yesterday that Brotherhood airs in English on the 13th I squeeled like a fangirl (lawl, I am)
It was such a shock, because here I thought I had to wait till May to see it in English.

Vlyse
A short commercial for Brotherhood was shown on Adult Swim showcasing scenes from episodes 1-3. It was very cool. There might be a Youtube link later.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG0LHjo5Z_s

Not the best of quality, but the only one I can find so far. You can hear most of it if you turn up your volume really loud. tongue.gif
deet-tastic
^ Just searched, there isn't anything yet. I missed the commercial actually. Were there any english dub clips?
Vlyse
QUOTE (deet-tastic @ Feb 7 2010, 01:33 AM) *
^ Just searched, there isn't anything yet. I missed the commercial actually. Were there any english dub clips?

Yes, quite a few English lines, from Ed, Isaac, and Lust.

Ed: The laws of alchemy don't justify the means of murder.

Isaac: Great deeds take great sacrifices. (Chapter 104, anyone?)

Lust: It all begins very soon.

deet-tastic
Thanks!

Hopefully we'll get more commercials over the next few days.
I'm pretty excited that more people will get the "manga" side of the story now.
FailToImpress
QUOTE (hawkflame @ Feb 5 2010, 08:09 PM) *
QUOTE (A Pierrot's Aria @ Feb 5 2010, 02:55 PM) *

I know that the dubbed episodes are going to be put online at adultswim.com several days after they air, but I'm not sure if they block ISPs from other countries or not.

Probably, I live in the UK and I couldn't even get access to the Funimation website for the original japanese episodes. No matter, I'm certain that the eps will be easy enough to find on the net. I've managed to see all the Japanese eps easily enough smile.gif
Vlyse
Here's a good quality version of the Adult Swim Brotherhood Promo.
deet-tastic
^ Aww. You beat me to it by one minute.

Looks good...

Is that truth's voice at the beginning of it? :/
Vlyse
It's Truth. Sounds like Shota!Wrath, doesn't it? lol.
hawkflame
Nice! Would have liked to hear the new voice of Al, but I guess that'll have to wait until Saturday...
penguintruth
Hm, I still don't think Vic Mignogna is right for Ed. But I guess I can't really tell whether or not he's improved based on such a short promo.
shanryelric
o.O that's The Truth?? whoa
hmm.. it's vic? his voice doesn't suit ed.. welll at least that is what i think
A Pierrot's Aria
Personally, I really like Vic as Ed, but each to their own! : )

Maaaaan, I so wish I could watch adult swim-- the promo has me excited all over again. xD
Kasumisty
I prefer japanese seiyuus, but I guess they're ok. They could've used Vic's voice in the Truth's one, but it's not bad. The only thing that bugs me...why the hell Vic still does young Ed's voice? Come on... and even if he does, how hard it is to change pitch, even in some audio program?
Broken Chouchou
My god, that was an epic promo. Wonder if the dub will fit the ridicilous pace of the early episodes. I mean, everything happens so fast, and sometimes even the dialougue seems rushed. And english is a "slower" language than japanese, it flows differently, with different pauses and punctuations in speech etc.

Where a quick dialouge in Japanese might fit the fast events on screen of Brotherhood well, without breaking the "flow" too much, perhaps when dubbed to English it will feel... off. If someone gets where I'm going at. Like the English VA's will have to speak really fast to keep up sometimes. I'm terrible at explaining tongue.gif
shanryelric
what i think is that English dub is... hmm.. i can't catch the dialogue clearly. because it heards sometimes like wishpers =='' when romi park used a slow and really clear voice...
as for lust's. the english is er.. pretty good but less sexier than the jap. X3
penguintruth
QUOTE (shanryelric @ Feb 8 2010, 08:15 AM) *
what i think is that English dub is... hmm.. i can't catch the dialogue clearly. because it heards sometimes like wishpers =='' when romi park used a slow and really clear voice...

That's what Vic Mignogna thinks is acting... whispering a lot.
Vlyse
It was kinda obvious, but it's confirmed on old Wrath's VA page that she's now The Truth. Meh.

Also, what is "Law"? Apparently, John Gremillion is listed as that from both series.
Irena
QUOTE (Vlyse @ Feb 8 2010, 06:26 PM) *
Also, what is "Law"? Apparently, John Gremillion is listed as that from both series.

I think they might mean Loa/Roa/whatever his name was. He was one of Greed's chimeras - you know, the cow guy?
Disasterpiece
JUST SAW THE COMMERCIAL

man....brings me back to when I first saw Brotherhood....

it was good to hear Vic's voice again biggrin.gif
RoyaiFTW
That's cool kinda......
I would have liked to see a new voice actor for Ed.
Vic unfortunately has usesthesamehighpitchedvoiceforeverycharacterheplays syndrome..........
I would have also liked to see a new voice actress for Riza.... sad.gif
StormGoddess
QUOTE (RoyaiFTW @ Feb 8 2010, 10:32 PM) *
I would have also liked to see a new voice actress for Riza.... sad.gif

Aww why? sad.gif

I honestly thought Colleen did a pretty good job for anime1Riza (and anime1Rose too). Though I'm kinda worried on how she'll handle that episode 19 scream...

Also, I thought Truth's voice suits Pride, too.
deet-tastic
It's going to take some time for Truth to grow on me... So far I really don't like it.

If Vic sounds the same while playing Young Ed i'm going to be pissed. That's what ruined the "moment" for me in the first anime.
black~hayate
Aww... I guess I won't be able to watch FMA brotherhood on Adultswim, seems like the guys don't like showing stuff to Europeans...
shanryelric
don't like truth's voice. =='' but.. yeah, it's english dubbed anyway.
i also want to have new dubbers for ed, roy and riza. for ed.. vic. why? just like RoyaiFTW said, "Vic unfortunately has usesthesamehighpitchedvoiceforeverycharacterheplays syndrome". he's pretty good (well much better than other country's -except japan- dubs), but he often made his words heard like whispers instead. i donno why but he fits anime1 more than FMAB. he's good, but his voice just not fit for FMAB. o.O donno why.

for riza and roy, well i simply just want to hear new voices. tee hee biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
A Pierrot's Aria
I like Vic because he adds emotion into the voice. He doesn't sound like some monotonous drone. : ) However, I do think it's silly that they don't get someone different to do young!Ed's voice.

And in my opinion, Roy and Riza have good voices too, no need for change there.

I really can't wait to watch it in English because I like watching dubs better than subs. (Yes, I am of a rare kind, it seems LOL) I can relate more to the way things are said, which I can't do with Japanese because I don't know it. Plus...I just like to hear it in my own language! xD
Brittdvorak
I know vic pretty well and I was talking to him about brotherhood awhile ago and he feels the same about voicing young Ed. He is uncomfortable doing it, but he has to do what the DIRECTOR says. Everything is up to the directors, not Vic. Sometimes people don't realize that.

I personally love both the Vic and Romis Eds. But you guys must realize that the japanese and english languages are EXTREMELY different. We don't talk the same at all, and everything the japanese do can't always be copied in the english version, either because it doesn't work, or it wouldn't sound right at all. I hope that makes sense.

Also, the dub actors have a lot more boundaries. The japanese are free to act anyway they want, only looking at the story boards. The american actors have to make a certain line fit to the flap of the characters mouth, which means they are much more restricted in what they can do with that line.

So don't knock the english dubs, it's harder for them, but I think the FMA dub pulls it off pretty damn well.
penguintruth
Well, if it makes you feel better, I think Vic has a nice singing voice.
A Pierrot's Aria
^Heheh!

With me, it wasn't a question of feeling bad, rather just sharing my differing opinion after you gave yours. =P

But I do agree with you there. He does have a nice singing voice. xD

and Brittdvorak I agree with you. (Although, strangely I'm not particularly fond of Ed's Japanese voice. =O)
rzerox21xx
Despite criticism towards the actors, there is a difference in how anime voice acting works that Vic mentioned that in Japan, all the seiyuu are present when they are voicing the characters while here, the actors would work by themselves. Vic mentioned there would be months of not seeing Travis or missing the other cast members. I used to be a dub hater until I realize and appericate the work the dub actors been doing and also, dub vocing in anime has gotten alot better if you compare most dubs from the past.

Anyway, I love Romi Paku and I love Vic Mignonga, I perfer sub but I like dub because I appericate the hardwork they do and they may not be perfect but I think they did good work and I'm looking forward to here Vic, Travis, Caitlin and company. I'm defenitely looking forward to see Vic and Cait to do the gun scene with Scar.
Disasterpiece
grah, naysayers tongue.gif

I think there was some magic in the dub cast..I mean young ed? It won't be perfect, I don't think, with the exception of the english dub of L in Death Note (tongue.gif) that there has been perfect dubbing to anyone's liking. But the cast just had magic in it..there was an aura there that just set it apart from other dubbed shows.

I mean some parts in the 1st anime were awkward, but I mean come on, what is, is.
FailToImpress
QUOTE (sToRm GodDesS @ Feb 9 2010, 05:54 AM) *
I honestly thought Colleen did a pretty good job for anime1Riza (and anime1Rose too). Though I'm kinda worried on how she'll handle that episode 19 scream...

To be honest, I think she'll surprise us with episode 19. She never really got a chance to 'shine' as it were, and I'm sure, like the other voice actors, they'll have hopefully improved over the years. smile.gif
penguintruth
Franklly, I think Colleen is going to pull it off better than the new Riza voice in the Japanese cast. I think the original Japanese VA would have done it better. It was the one flaw in episode 19. That cry was pathetic.
hawkflame
QUOTE (FailToImpress @ Feb 9 2010, 05:08 PM) *
QUOTE (sToRm GodDesS @ Feb 9 2010, 05:54 AM) *

To be honest, I think she'll surprise us with episode 19. She never really got a chance to 'shine' as it were, and I'm sure, like the other voice actors, they'll have hopefully improved over the years. smile.gif

I cannot wait to hear the dub of episode 19. Not just for Colleen as Hawkeye, but my god, how badass could Travis and Laura sound in that scene as Mustang and Lust?

Hawkeye was such an understated role in the first series, I look forward to seeing how she will handle the more emotional sides of the character this time around.
zonkiethegreat
I JUST SAW THE PROMO FOR FMA: BROTHERHOOD ON ADULT SWIM!!!

This saturday on Adult Swim @ 12am!!!!! can't wait!
smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.