Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Episode 24: Inside The Belly - Content Discussion Thread
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Anime
Pages: 1, 2
Tombow
Talk-back/content discussion for English dubbed episode on Adult Swim starts on page 3. smile.gif

Please post the discussions on the content of episode 24 here.
This thread is declared as a Spoiler zone for the content of the first 24 episodes.

* Where to watch this episode

* HD Screen caps of this episode to be posted on this link address sometime later

* Episode Preview from FMA-2 official JP site:
(Translation by Tombow, with episode title from official sub on Funimation.com)
Episode 24: "Inside the Belly"
TBF.... (currently I'm having problem opening up pages on the official JP site.. I'll fill in this one later. ^^)

=======================================

Episode Summary: (To be filled)

Characters in this episode: (To be filled)

Locations: (excluding review and preview scenes, to be filled)

Sound Track info for this episode that's known to us so far: (To be filled)

FMA manga reference: To the readers of FMA manga (To be filled)
penguintruth
My initial thoughts:

- Wow, an actual Doctor Marcoh scene.
- Love Dilanda---er, Envy's voice. So delightfully brutal.
- Pride's voice! Nice. I'm glad they included the scene between Bradley and Pride.
- I love Hawkeye's extremely futile shooting
- The little bit of Envy spying on them all as an animal is great
- Gluttony's "DAAAAAMN!" when he eats the fake Mustang is hilarious
- Why do they choose NOW to cover everything in detail? THIS is a bit they can go faster with.
- Envy is a dog and not a horse? Aw.
- Halfway mark is the end of volume 12!
- ED SMASH!
- The scene of them getting swallowed is pretty... uh, bland. Is that the best they can do?
- An extra scene with Dr. Knox. How... uninteresting.
- Hmm, the scene with Raven is different.
- An extra Grumman scene!
- I wonder who does the voice of Raven. He sounds a little different than I expected.
- Hey, a new piece of music! Sorta.
amestris_star
And screenshots are up!

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2009/09/20...brotherhood-24/
Womie
I love this episode! Everything is good.
And Lan Fan looks beautiful.
I can't wait for the 25 episode. We have to wait for next week ... I'm really excited!
Mhacy
I love this week episode..
ling vs envy was made so awesome xP
and some flashback from ep. 23 when Ed accept the gun.
RanFan is so darn moe! Riza looks so badass with her hair down..
lolwut...they really following the manga this time..xD
the episode was detailed as what penguintruth said
I hope they will keep going like this biggrin.gif
Mindy
QUOTE (penguintruth @ Sep 20 2009, 01:46 AM) *
My initial thoughts:

- The little bit of Envy spying on them all as an animal is great

Yes! I was wondering how they were going to modify that fight with Ling & Envy since the manga battle between Ranfan and Envy was omitted from the anime. Clever. smile.gif

I feel pretty sorry for Gluttony in this episode overall.
Broken Chouchou
That was a very good episode. Gief me subs, now!

- I agree with it being more thorough than the average episode, and it's too bad they didn't make the first 10-15 episodes like this.
- New-ish music really added to the atmosphere.
- By any chance, is that skeleton in the black priest's cowl inside Gluttony father Cornello? I'm not sure if that was an original addition signed Bones or if it was there in Arakawa's work as well, but anyway, cool detail.

More comments after having watched the episode with subs.
Kyelinn
QUOTE (Broken Chouchou @ Sep 20 2009, 01:55 PM) *
By any chance, is that skeleton in the black priest's cowl inside Gluttony father Cornello? I'm not sure if that was an original addition signed Bones or if it was there in Arakawa's work as well, but anyway, cool detail.

More comments after having watched the episode with subs.

Yeah, it was originally in the manga. Nothing original from Bones there. It can be seen right here: http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/50/42/
edo little kid
I cried in last part of ep sad.gif
it's Great episode!!!
(I don't read all this in manga , so I'm really amazing!!!)
I'm wait the subs now ;__;
Hagaren_4ever
Am I the only one that noticed they changed RanFan outfit? Before Envy changed into her in her regular clothes, not her hospital clothes.
Mindy
QUOTE (Hagaren_4ever @ Sep 20 2009, 06:54 PM) *
Am I the only one that noticed they changed RanFan outfit? Before Envy changed into her in her regular clothes, not her hospital clothes.

Yeah, b/c the anime left out the part where Envy previously battled RanFan so in this medium, Envy had not seen her until RanFan and Ling were walking out of the shack.

To me, it worked better with an image of RanFan in bandages and her arm gone. More personal effect against Ling. (in my opinion, anyways) smile.gif
Radadinator
Good episode overall. A little bland in some shots, but scenes like with Envy's arm turning into a snake were cool. I also liked how they decided to have Envy spy on Ling and Ran Fan and turn into Ran Fan later.

I always thought it was a horse in the manga, so when I saw the dog in this episode, I felt pretty damn stupid that I couldn't even tell the diff. between a dog and a horse. But it turned out to be Bones messing with my head again. Dx

Nice ending point again, with Mustang talking about hell while Ed was in the sea of blood. Oh hell yes, my favorite arc's starting. Didn't think it'd be so soon, though. Buuuut I actually sort of support Bones' decision to speed things up a bit--a 100 episode FMA series would kind of drag on. And they're doing fine with pacing now.

Didn't really get why they had Selim read his paper over Ed and co's battle with homunculi. I'm guessing it had a deeper meaning that I'm too much of a fail to notice, or it's just Bones adding things in.

Next episode. They'd better have a nice budget.
I write too much.
montyalbo
Hey I was watching a sub and Envy mentioned Ling having the skills to match up against Lust. Problem is I don't remember Ling ever fighting Lust. Maybe Envy was referring to Wrath? Can someone clarify?
Tezrath
Yeah, I'd put that down as the subber not paying attention. Because Ling never met Lust in the manga either. Should have been 'wrath' I'd guess

I thought Envy looked far creepier as a horse then a dog. Not that it matters I suppose, but he looked more sinister in arakawa's drawing. Loved the Envy Marco scene!

The extended Selim scene was overdone I thought. I mean; did we really need to hear him read the whole essay? I think not.
Kyelinn
This episode was totally awesome! I've been so excited to see this arc animated since the anime begin and now we're finally seeing it! Poor Ranfan though. ;_; I just wanted to cry with her when she realized her arm was really gone. Though the scene when Ed, Envy and Ling were swallowed was a little anti-climatic. I expected a little more excitement. Ah well though, it's okay. The animation was really well done. I was also disappointed that they didn't have Envy as a horse when he showed up in the woods like that. I mean the dog was cool and all but the horse was waaaaaay creepier. I also love that they've got Ed in a change of clothes and that he's starting to look older! I can remember when this arc came about how Arakawa was starting to draw Ed looking older so I'm especially happy to see they've kept up with that change in the anime. I was quite worried for a bit because of how young Ed was looking there at the beginning. <.< Hmmm let's see, what else...Oh! The Envy and Marcoh scene was really well done. I really love the style Envy is drawn in in this anime. Oh and I also love how they kept the bit of EdxWin in this episode after Hawkeye gives Ed the gun to protect himself with. How he remembered holding Winry's hand begging her not to shoot and then how he remembered the look on her face when she said "don't die." Of course the fangirl in me swelled up there. tongue.gif Anyway, all in all a really great episode! I'm very excited to see next week's!
RoytheFlameAlchemist
Awesome episode, last minutes were even more epic thanks to background music, smart move with Envy spying the Xingeses, horse!Envy looked creepier, i think they changed it to make the spy scene easier, a horse would have been to big to not be noticed.
LOL at Envy mentioning Ling fightinh Lust when never happened, considerable FAIL there!
Neither could get Selim speech, but i dont dislike it .
Next episode gonna be really awsum.
Forsaken Love
just watched the sub, good episode, particually loved the ending and am enjoying the slower pace, im confused like hell though when did ling fight lust? was that just a screw up in the translation? i wasnt really listening haha, he didnt even attack lust in the manga did he...maybe envy was saying 'wrath' it sounds quite like 'lust' with the japanese pronociation, i think it must have been a mistranslation, the anime has its faults but things like that i doubt very much would happen, they added the envy spy scene to account for the ranfan transformation, so yeh i think he must have said 'wrath'
Krokgard
QUOTE (Tezrath)
Yeah, I'd put that down as the subber not paying attention. Because Ling never met Lust in the manga either. Should have been 'wrath' I'd guess

I thought the same, but I think that Envy really says "Lust".
QUOTE (Forsaken Love)
maybe envy was saying 'wrath' it sounds quite like 'lust' with the japanese pronociation, i think it must have been a mistranslation, the anime has its faults but things like that i doubt very much would happen, they added the envy spy scene to account for the ranfan transformation, so yeh i think he must have said 'wrath'

Mmm... maybe. But I heard "Lust" too tongue.gif
QUOTE (Tezrath)
The extended Selim scene was overdone I thought. I mean; did we really need to hear him read the whole essay? I think not.

Well, I liked that part, with Selim that read and the combat scenes on the screen. Yeah, useless, but cool.

PS: I thought they would have reached the part of Envy's true form in this episode... it's a very good thing that they're slowing down.
szarancza
QUOTE (Radadinator @ Sep 20 2009, 07:20 PM) *
Didn't really get why they had Selim read his paper over Ed and co's battle with homunculi. I'm guessing it had a deeper meaning that I'm too much of a fail to notice, or it's just Bones adding things in.

I think that scene had a two-fold significance. First of all, it was supposed to be a contrast between what a good ruler should be - caring for his people, brave, just, etc. - and the kind of king that Bradley really is underneath his mask: a creepy, evil dude who sends out his henchmen to scare, kill and generally cause mayhem. The other reason for the scene, I think, is that (spoilers for chapter 70 and up).Selim/Pride is trying to put Bradley/Wrath back in his place, after the latter's burst of "treachery" against Father. So, by "family values" and "daddy loves me," he means "one wrong move and I'll make sure you're screwed."
Jealous Rogo
Good episode this week with one rather minor problem in the grand scheme of things but I'll get to that:

- The scene with Marcoh worked well, and did it's job of telling the Brotherhood audience everything that the Manga audience had pretty much known at this point, plus Marcoh's 'giant transmutation circle' theory. Not surprised nor bothered that they cut Wrath telling Envy to go pick up Gluttony, as it wasn't 100% necessary and all it really did was show Envy's role as the eternal middle man of the Homunculus.

- Gluttony's voice has officially grown on me, I don't think the original voice would've worked nearly as well during his rampaging scene.

- I actually laughed at some moments during this episode, the humour used was near perfect.

- As was some of the animation.

- Changing Envy from Horse to Dog is an actual improvement. Mostly because as already pointed out, Envy spying on Ling and Lan Fan as a horse would've been a bit obvious, but also because I dunno, a dog makes more sense to me now I've seen it.

- Love Pride's voice, it's perfect.

- Like how they kept Envy sinking into the ground but he can perch on a tree branch with now effect on it whatsoever. Reminds me of the first opening...

- Re: what szarancza said about Selim's paper. I'd figured that Selim's use of the word 'father' was meant doubley (as it ALWAYS is) but I hadn't twigged that it was a warning until you said it. Glad they put it in to be honest, after they cut his scene from the Ling/Wrath Ed/Scar fights.

- Okay now to address the problem I have. Is Envy saying Wrath or Lust? It really, REALLY sounds like he says Lust at least the second time. Either that or he's saying 'Wrato' which would be fine if ANYONE else pronounced Wrath that way. Go back and listen to Pride, he doesn't put and 'o' on teh end. So I'm not sure if this is a screw up or just some Japanese grammar pecularity I don't understand. Either way it made me do a double take as, as pointed out, Ling hasn't so much as seen Lust let alone fight her.

- On reflection, Envy's conversation with Marcoh at the beginning about Hughes and what he does here by transforming into Lan Fan, really show alot about his character or at least they do when I look back having read up to date in the Manga. You'll see what I mean.

- Envy transforming into crippled Lan Fan makes more sense all around, but I still think it shows more of Ling's character to have her in the mask. The fact that Envy could transform into a version of Lan Fan where her face is obscured and it still makes him hesitate, shows how much Ling cares for Lan Fan.

- Okay what the hell is that conversation with Raven about Grumman about? I mean since when was he ever Soft-hearted? I'm really, really confused about that...

- Love the scene where Mustang realises the entire military command is corrupt and confronts Wrath, so good.

- Anyone else get series one vibes when Ed wakes up inside Gluttony's stomach? Maybe it was the music, I dunno.

- Oh Mr Narrator, ou make me giggle each week with your little 'nudge, nudge, wink, winks' to the Manga readers EVERY WEEK.

- Don't look at me

Forsaken Love
lololol ye 'nudge nudge wink winks' im lookin sooo forward to seein envys true form animated, particually the colour scheme they'll use, they didnt really have a choice about masked ran fan vs unmasked (well they did if they chose not to skip xingese peoples vs homunculi but meh) and all in all I think they both worked well and didnt make too much of a difference, allthough as allways I prefer the manga line of events
montyalbo
QUOTE (montyalbo @ Sep 20 2009, 09:38 PM) *
Hey I was watching a sub and Envy mentioned Ling having the skills to match up against Lust. Problem is I don't remember Ling ever fighting Lust. Maybe Envy was referring to Wrath? Can someone clarify?

Ok now I'm watching different subs and they mention Wrath instead of Lust. I guess it was a mistake on the subber. dry.gif
Broken Chouchou
I just watched the subs by Eclipse, and they have it say Wrath. But I still can't get over the fact that it sounds like he's saying Lust. If that is the case then MAJOR screwup Bones! dry.gif

But if that's their first real mistake after 24 episodes, I guess it's forgivable. The first series was full of flaws and bloopers.

Kaori Ayanami
QUOTE (Broken Chouchou @ Sep 21 2009, 06:40 PM) *
I just watched the subs by Eclipse, and they have it say Wrath. But I still can't get over the fact that it sounds like he's saying Lust. If that is the case then MAJOR screwup Bones! dry.gif

As for Japanese pronunciation, Wrath is "rasu" and Lust is "rasuto". Quite similar, as you can see.
Jealous Rogo
On listening to Envy about seven or eight times, I think it definately was just the way the voice actress pronounced Wrath that's thrown us, that and bad subbing.
KEKU
QUOTE (Krokgard @ Sep 21 2009, 09:06 AM) *
Mmm... maybe. But I heard "Lust" too tongue.gif

So did I first time through. But I realized that didn't make any sense, so I went back. The way they pronounce Wrath (rasu) and Lust (rusto) sound similar, so the translator fail'd hard rofl.

I really, really liked this episode. Made up for the disappointing Winry/Scar confrontation with the (awesome) flashback that kills the whole scene by making you feel for him instead of her, blablabla.
Still, 24 episodes is kind of a long time it took for them to start getting the show right, since the pacing in this episode was awesome. Too bad they couldn't cover the manga in as much detail before, instead opting to butcher the Greed arc and omitting the 1st Xingese/Homunculus fight. But they covered up for the last one decently, so I guess it wasn't a huge loss.

Hope they can keep up the good pace for the show, and I hope, hope, hope Envy will be spectacularly animated next episode. None of their garbage studios that did ep. 7 and 16 and 17 kthx.
Radadinator
QUOTE (KEKU @ Sep 21 2009, 02:23 PM) *
Too bad they couldn't cover the manga in as much detail before, instead opting to butcher the Greed arc and omitting the 1st Xingese/Homunculus fight. But they covered up for the last one decently, so I guess it wasn't a huge loss.

Am I the only one who didn't particularly care or notice that they cut the Ling n' Ran Fan vs. Homunculi fight? .____.
All I really remember from that scene was Ran Fan stabbing Gluttony...or Envy...somebody...in the eye. And Pride's appearance, but I like how they handled Pride's scene in this episode.

The Greed arc is unforgivable, though.

What color is Envy's true form, by the way?

Dog Envy looks kind of like a Scooby Doo from hell, no?
Jen_Elric
Well. I think that the episodes have been consistently really good for a while now! and this episode is no exception!

I really liked the Envy/marcoh part. especially when Marcoh gave his theory of the Transmution circle. nice to see things moving along.

OMG, Pride's voice! It's just what I'd thought they would do! So you can't tell anything about Pride, Bones had the voice distorted. Awesome, because in the manga, we didn't know much of anything about Pride until the big reveal. Looks like Bones is keeping with tradition, while keeping the important scenes.

Well, I think the VA for Gluttony is fantastic while rampaging!! Fit sooo well, with how Gluttony's true form looks and how mad he really was.

Envy as a horse IS creepier, but I liked him as a dog. Made more sense for when he was spying on Ling and Ranfan.

Speaking of Ranfan, her crying over her lost arm broke my heart. But it's good for her to come to terms with it.

I watched the Subs that goofed up. They had Envy saying that Ling fought Lust (they had him say a twice!). I knew they were wrong, but Envy's VA pronounced Wrath in a way that sounded like Lust. But we know better.

The Raven part was a little boring, but I knew it would get interesting. And it did! Wrath coming into the room and admitting to Mustang that he's a homunculus. Priceless.

Ed, Ling, and Envy getting swallowed happened so fast! But it did seem anti-climatic. Oh, but Al. He sounded in such anguish! He's thinking that Ed is gone for good.

Ed taking the gun. Loved how they had the little flashbacks of him taking the gun from Winry (and telling her that her hands were not meant for killing), and Winry telling him not to die.

Loved how the episode ended. One of the manga chapters ended like that!!

Oh, how I CAN'T WAIT!! Next episode is yet another manga part that I love!!!!

penguintruth
More thorough thoughts on the episode:

Now this is what I'm talking about, Bones. I didn't notice just how excellent this episode was until watching it subbed, but now I have. You keep up quality like this, and it may even end up rivaling my love for the first series.

I was on the fence about the Selim essay bit for a bit, but after some thought, have decided I like it. As somebody who follows the manga, it may seem like a bit excessive, but I took it as being a bit of a nudge and wink, and I think newcomers will appreciate it later on.

I have to admit, I'm growing attached to the new Gluttony voice. I probably still prefer the old one, but this one seems just as natural now. In fact, I think I'm starting to like Gluttony in general, whereas I always found him a little annoying beforehand. It's strange how he's both threatening and funny all at once.

The scene with General Raven and Roy's flashback to playing with Grumman (probably on a different occasion than THE chess game) was interesting, but I sort of preferred Raven just seemingly coincidentally running into him. I also have an issue with Raven's voice, I imagined hiim sounding a little less old and with a deceptively warm voice. But other than those things, the scene with him leading Roy into the conference room and Bradley coming in was a great one.

My other issue is that the actual swallowing of Ed, Ling, and Envy seemed a little plain. They could have spiced it up a bit. I know they would have done so with the first show.

I hope they keep up the great work, otherwise. I'm really looking forward to the next episode.
Nzm
This episode was really nice, but I didn't like that they've strongly suggested turning Amestris citizens into philospher's stone so fast (it wasn't in manga before Xerxes retrospection and Briggs story, was it?). But generally I liked it. The last scene (Roy, High Command and Fuhrer conversation/Ed eaten by Gluttony) and music during it. Though the music repeats too often (while still being awesome). Also, liked Edward's dilemma about taking gun or not. Anyway, the awesome stuff is going to begin now for good. Can't wait for military using Winry to make Ed obey, story of Hohenheim and Xerxes, Kimbley, immortal soldiers, revolution in Central and much more.

PS. Liked the scene of Bradley family dinner. Seems very dark if you know who King and Selim really are.
Kyelinn
QUOTE (Nzm @ Sep 22 2009, 09:01 AM) *
This episode was really nice, but I didn't like that they've strongly suggested turning Amestris citizens into philospher's stone so fast (it wasn't in manga before Xerxes retrospection and Briggs story, was it?).

Yes, actually it was. Here are the pages:

http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/49/09/
http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/49/10/
http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/49/11/
http://www.onemanga.com/Full_Metal_Alchemist/49/12/
Nzm
Hell, didn't realize that. Though it would be better for manga too if it was revealed later.
KEKU
QUOTE (Radadinator @ Sep 21 2009, 10:38 PM) *
QUOTE (KEKU @ Sep 21 2009, 02:23 PM) *
Too bad they couldn't cover the manga in as much detail before, instead opting to butcher the Greed arc and omitting the 1st Xingese/Homunculus fight. But they covered up for the last one decently, so I guess it wasn't a huge loss.

Am I the only one who didn't particularly care or notice that they cut the Ling n' Ran Fan vs. Homunculi fight? .____.
All I really remember from that scene was Ran Fan stabbing Gluttony...or Envy...somebody...in the eye. And Pride's appearance, but I like how they handled Pride's scene in this episode.

The Greed arc is unforgivable, though.

What color is Envy's true form, by the way?

Dog Envy looks kind of like a Scooby Doo from hell, no?

Lmao, Scooby Doo.

TBH the first Xing/Homunculus fight wasn't THAT important, but it made things move along more smoothly. Mostly I just miss them introducing Pride a bit earlier, plus Envy as a dog (which they seemed to try to compensate this episode instead of a horse.) But someone said it'd be weird to see a horse spying in the bushes, rofl, so it's understandable.

I think Envy's true form is going to be green? His little shrimp form is colored green in the manga, so I guess it'd be a darkish green? I always imagined him just being greyish though...
Krokgard
QUOTE ("Keku")
I think Envy's true form is going to be green?

I don't know, but I've always imagined that form to be brown or grey!
Kaori Ayanami
QUOTE (Krokgard @ Sep 23 2009, 03:01 PM) *
QUOTE ("Keku")

The saying goes "la envidia es verde" ("envy is green"), hehehe. Anyway, Arakawa has already painted the very true form of Envy in green, so...
Forsaken Love
yah i think he'll be green, i allways imagined him as dull greeny grey, also if i may draw your attention to thiscover you can see a small part of envy and it is green
Thalogens
Really? I always imagined him in fleshy tones, like pinks and reds and pale oranges. I can sort of imagine him green... but I dunno, I always thought because of how and what he's made of, it would be more bloody colours.
Krokgard
QUOTE ("Kaori Ayanami")
The saying goes "la envidia es verde" ("envy is green")

Lol, I never thought about that word association but it's true!
QUOTE ("Forsaken Love")
i may draw your attention to thiscover you can see a small part of envy and it is green

Oh you're right, I totally forgot that Envy was in that cover. Mh... I can't say that I like Envy's true form in green (simply, it looks strange to me) but maybe I'll change my mind when I'll see it animated.
KEKU
QUOTE (Kaori Ayanami @ Sep 23 2009, 09:53 AM) *
QUOTE (Krokgard @ Sep 23 2009, 03:01 PM) *
QUOTE ("Keku")

The saying goes "la envidia es verde" ("envy is green"), hehehe. Anyway, Arakawa has already painted the very true form of Envy in green, so...

Heh, never thought of that association either. Thanks for pointing that out, now Envy's greenish colours make more sense. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Forsaken Love @ Sep 23 2009, 11:49 AM) *
yah i think he'll be green, i allways imagined him as dull greeny grey, also if i may draw your attention to thiscover you can see a small part of envy and it is green

Ah yeah, I think I saw a cover somewhere before with him on it, that looks familiar. Nice find.

Anyway, my only concern is they better animoot him well. Cos his true form is pretty detailed with scales and those faces all over it, to name a few. So I hope they draw it well, but from the preview next week's ep. looks good quality too.
Hagaren_4ever
I never imagine colors when I read the manga, I always just look at the shape and details. I wonder why I never imagined what Envy's color was. huh.gif

I am very much looking forward to seeing the next episode. The pacing's gonna change a little and things will move a little swifter, I believe, but I love the fact that a lot of the interesting stories are starting to pick up. Seeing everything fall into place, and seeing how the characters change will be very cool. wink.gif
Full Metal Elf
Well, I was really impressed and happy with this episode! happy.gif

I am sure a few things were cut...BUT...they didn't cut the Envy and Ed scene about his height!! LOL...they changed it a little, but at least it was still there.

And the scenes with Roy...O_O;...OMG...those were intense. I am so excited for the next episode.

I have to say that overall...FMA:Brotherhood has turned itself around for me. I was iffy in the beginning, but lately...the episodes have been incredible. I am very happy.
thunderbreak
i like the way how pride appears,firstly,althought it's not the way i thought about the voice,but i kinda like it.the first half is very funny.i love at the run scenes,panda stick on roy's face ,and useless scene.i too agreethat the scene where roy realise he's screwed,and his line on ed is very good as well. looking 4ward to nexzt ep,and also bradley's story
Michiyo-
Please add FMA:B English dubbed episode 24 (on CN on Adult Swim) talk-back/discussions here. smile.gif
~Puppet Alphonse~
I just watched it on Adult Swim and it was pretty good. Seemed extremly short for some reason, though.

My fandom has gotten to the point of just sad. My entire week revolves around waiting for Saterday nights for Brotherhood to come on. While most people have lifes on Saterday nights, I have anime. Oh the joys of dorky obsessions. XD
AXavierB
I really like Pride's voice. It sounds more like I imagined it would when I read the manga. Not that his Japanese voice isn't great, but it seems a little too... deep? Then again that adds to his creepiness.

Hagaren_4ever
To me Pride was god awful. Not that the voice sounded bad, but it was TOO echo-y. I had troube understanding what he was saying at first. His inunciation got better as the conversation went on, but ya know, whatever.

I find myself being constantly reminded of how awesome these episodes are. With the music, and the buildup. It's so nostaligic! biggrin.gif

I know that Funimation gets a bad rep for bad translations and bad voice acting, but I think that they do pretty good compared to the other languages dubs. A lot of them don't even care if they match the lip movements or not, making frustrating dubs like the Italian one, or they don't care if the voices fit or not, like the French one. I think English is probably the best dub I've heard.
Jen_Elric
last night's episode was great! I now like Ling's voice. Especially when he's serious and yelling. I think it fits the character (though, I still love his Japanese VA!).
Pride's voice was tough to hear. Sounded pretty good, but I want to hear it again.
Gluttony's VA was great! I just think he did a really good job. Everyone else was good, too, but the top voice was AL!! Maxey was so good! I actually got teary eyed was Al yelled "NOOOO!!!", after Ed got swallowed up.
Loving how we are moving along!
Elle-chan
I love Lan Fans voice in this. Knox's voice is pretty good.
Lings trying to get use to.
Prides voice you could barely hear. The person did a pretty good job as selim.

Still not liking Al's voice though=(
Other than that it was a good episode.

Ling and Envy's fight was pretty good.

Though they're rushing the series a bit:(
penguintruth
The scenes of Edward and Envy yelling at each other are like a contest over who has the worst voice of the two.

I hated the dub of this episode. You can barely hear Pride, Marcoh's new voice is awful, General Raven sounds way over the top, and Mrs. Bradley seems to be voiced by a machine or a person who has no voice acting training at all.

The only plus is just how improved Ling's voice has become and of course Al's voice is still excellent.
Elle-chan
I love Envy and Eds voice. Their argument was hilariousX3

Al's new va I don't like it that much.

Raven's voice is bad.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.