Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Episode 23: Girl On The Battlefield - Content Discussion Thread
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Anime
Pages: 1, 2
Tombow
Talk-back/content discussion for English dubbed episode on Adult Swim starts on page 4. smile.gif

Please post the discussions on the content of episode 23 here.
This thread is declared as a Spoiler zone for the content of the first 23 episodes.

* Where to watch this episode

* HD Screen caps of this episode to be posted on this link address sometime later

* Episode Preview from FMA-2 official JP site:
(Translation by Tombow, with episode title from official sub on Funimation.com)
Episode 23: "Girl On the Battlefield"
TBF.... (currently I'm having problem opening up pages on the official JP site.. I'll fill in this one later. ^^)

=======================================

Episode Summary: (To be filled)

Characters in this episode: (To be filled)

Locations: (excluding review and preview scenes, to be filled)

Sound Track info for this episode that's known to us so far: (To be filled)

FMA manga reference: To the readers of FMA manga (To be filled)
penguintruth
Initial thoughts:

- Some decent action, but after a while the same battle gets a tad tedious
- May Kick!
- Mamoru Miyano is too good for his role. Hate Ling, like Miyano.
- Alphonse with Xaio Mei is adorable!
- Spending way too much time on Winry, not giving a damn
- Oh god, Ranfan sounds like she's in SUCH agony. Cringing!
- Oooh, nice callback to Ed's arm trap from ep 15. You know, I never even though of the parallel until now! Yikes.
- I love Ed struggling in between all those people arguing
- Ooooh, what a cool place to end!
Zii
Wheeee, spring time is here~! \o/
Great ep :3
Forsaken Love
havn't seen the ep yet, but omg i never thought of that parallel!!!!!! i guess ran-fan was mimiking ed's 'a dead arm is just dead weight' kinda thing and using it as a trap, I never realised that!!
Chiyo
Sneaking in before Amestris Star, but the Preview Screencaps are up.

Thanks again RandomC

Thoughts based on Raw:

- That part where Winry held on to Ed's hand to try and keep him there was a lovely added extra by the anime.
- It's only brief but I love that moment were you see from RanFan's P.O.V. All prasie her V.A too.
- Battle time Al owns my heart almost as much as his brother. The hands grasping for Scar were brilliant. Mei kicks butt also.
- Fangirl parallel! Both RanFan and Winry are wrapped up in coats sacraficed mid battle.
- Winry's flashback round the table, the perspective looked a little awkward.
- *scary fangirl moment removed for lack of coherence*
- Next weeks should be pretty good.

Slight Extra: Perhaps it's the EdxWin shipper in me, but has the anime added moments to enhance their relationship? Like it this episode, when he see's her sat at the table he jogs in with a smile on his face whereas in the manga he was stern. Plus in the car, he's facing her, not looking at the back of her head.
rzerox21xx
Man I just finished watching that ep raw on this japanese youtubeish site

http://up.b9dm.com/lz/11466.html

I must say, the animation is spectacular and is up there with episode 19. May came in and kicked [All hail lord Xenu] literally and they fit in all the great moments. I was hoping they would end the ep with the the Edwin train scene but they did such a excellent job that no worries and Ranfan was so awesome in that ep. Nana Mizuki outdone herself. Bones really outdone themselves in those and i hope the next episodes will maintain that quality. I glad I almost stayed up all night for this. hahahhaa.
Forsaken Love
thankyou so much for that link rzeroz21xx! I really enjoyed this weeks episode! Edwin!!!!! the animation i thought was great, I thought the music choice worked way better than normal, I thought the pacing was much better and i didnt notice any major skipping and i CAN NOT WAIT for next week,
black~hayate
Hmm... The animation wasn't that great... but I am thankful that they diddn't show Gluttony's explosion too detailed!
And finally the music of "what we will see in next episode" really annoys me. We need new music for this.
Womie
Amazing! I love the EdxWin scene wub.gif It's really beautiful. I can't wait for the next episode!
kkg22104
Wow. That was amazing. The art was pretty consistent, the pacing was great, and all the extra EdWin moments!! <3 Might be my new favorite episode :3
Animelover09
I thought this episode was amazing, this is the first episode in a while 19 to be specific thats had be this excited! The action was fluid and consistent, the scene where Lin put the bomb in Gluttony was done well. The explosion was also kinda cool, I think they didnt show as much detail as the manga did but its cool. Ed and Al's Part 2 battle with Scar was awesome, Ed's mini fight with Scar was cool but from the preview you though it would of been longer, and I love how May popped in and kicked Al though I thought it was better in the anime because it was animated awesome as well as funny. I love all these EdXWin scenes they put into the anime, they always pull a lot of emotions to the table and its very reality like. Though the animation in Brotherhood is usual fluid but manages to maintain lots of detail but in this one it was still fluid but lost some details, thats my only con. The scenes with Lan Fan were so powerful, just like in the manga I could feel her pain lol. The arguing at the end of the episode was entertaining as well, and we also got a little introduction of Gluttony's belly, that was an awesome cliffhanger. wink.gif Lin's voice actor is so experienced and amazing btw!
RoyxRizaFan
Brotherhood is FINALLY following the manga correctly! They've got their pacing downpat now!

It's too bad they didn't go at a better pace from the beginning. I knew they have $$ issues and didn't know how long the show was going for, but I'm sure it turns off a lot of newcomers to the series. My friends are lazy and won't read, so I wanted to get them into Brotherhood...but I'm not really sure that they'd have the patience to wait until episode, like, sixteen for it to get good.

This looks amazing, though. I'm becoming so excited just looking at all these pictures and knowing that I'll be able to watch all my fave manga scenes come to life. This may seem kind of OT, but it's what I thought when I got all excited over the pics Chiyo posted. //rant over///
amestris_star
QUOTE (Chiyo @ Sep 13 2009, 12:18 PM) *
Sneaking in before Amestris Star, but the Preview Screencaps are up.

Thanks again RandomC

Ha ha, don't worry Chiyo smile.gif I'm glad someone posted ze link smile.gif Had to go out right after the ep and wasn't on the pc tongue.gif

Anyways... I'm going to re-watch it soon, but I'm becoming pretty impressed now wink.gif
Dearheart
QUOTE (RoyxRizaFan @ Sep 13 2009, 07:54 AM) *
Brotherhood is FINALLY following the manga correctly! They've got their pacing downpat now! Chiyo posted. //rant over///

ACK! DON'T JINX IT!!! XD tongue.gif

Aaarrgh, I want to see the raw NOW...but I have to leave for church in a few minutes...aw forget church; I want my FMA dangit!!

Hehe, I'm such a bad pastor's kid... XD
SneakyRuler
After seeing the RAW and man do I wish I'd understand what they said. On first sight, everything was amazing.
Surprisingly, I'm more and more fond of Ling Yao (who I don't care about in the manga) and am not afraid to proclaim so in public wink.gif Poor LanFan, her hand covered with blood looked so alive (if you get what I mean, like a hand that is still attached to body).
Loved Winry with Ed's coat over her and had a laugh at Hawkeye's secret identity (steeling Fuery's glasses, shame on you laugh.gif )
And a glimpse of Garfiel-san made me happy above else, I love the man/woman. And Mei holding Scar's hand leading him away in dust - so cute!
Cece
I loved this episode the pacing is perfect!
ShadowCat17
This episode rocked. They spent just the right amount of time on everything. Mei's long range alchemy was done well and it looked cool. And of course Ran Fan's tactical move was a ripoff from Ed's arm trap earlier. pun fully intended
Animeoldtimer
Great Episode. Loved the pacing and all the character interactions!

I am so surprised no Edwin fan mentioned this: Ed kissed her on the head!!! biggrin.gif wub.gif

I finally found an episode I actually liked better than the manga! This makes up for the missing Chapter 99 raw!!
edxwinryfan
QUOTE (Animeoldtimer @ Sep 13 2009, 03:06 PM) *

I am so surprised no Edwin fan mentioned this: Ed kissed her on the head!!! biggrin.gif wub.gif

I finally found an episode I actually liked better than the manga! This makes up for the missing Chapter 99 raw!!

WHAT ED KISSED HER ON THE HEAD?? I didn't notice that when I watched the raw this morning...
Animeoldtimer
QUOTE (edxwinryfan @ Sep 13 2009, 03:14 PM) *

WHAT ED KISSED HER ON THE HEAD?? I didn't notice that when I watched the raw this morning...

It's very subtle. He does it as he is taking the gun out to give to the officer. You see it from the side so it's not obvious.
Kasumisty
omg, fangirls will come out with everything....

Well, the episode was weak in comparison to the 22nd one. Animation was worse, they cut a lot of small scenes, overally, it didn't feel dramatic nor exciting - fighting here and there, practically no interesting dialogues, Ranfan cutting her arm off not so sad and tragic as in manga... However, I found some parts nice. For example, Riza going through door, coming back and telling Roy to not interfere (so funny!), Gluttony being torn apart by Scar and then by Ling's bomb (Regeneration was done in more detail - we could see realistic bones growing back), Bradley's "OMGWTF" face, Ling's nipples (lol, from when they started to draw them on men in that anime?), Mei drawing pentagram (so fast and all xd), the eyecatchers were cute as well! (especially Ranfan's one!), somewhat sad and hurt expression Ed had when telling Winry that she has to keep the promise of not crying, and, finally, dr Knox performing a surgery on Ranfan (the cloth she was biting on, the screams and bloody medical staff & her neck).

Althrough it may seem that I liked a lot of this ep, I didn't. Even if we got new pieces of music, even of that all...it just didn't fit to my tastes. IMHO. 6+/10
Forsaken Love
Ed kissed her on the head!!! biggrin.gif wub.gif
QUOTE (Animeoldtimer @ Sep 13 2009, 08:20 PM) *
It's very subtle. He does it as he is taking the gun out to give to the officer. You see it from the side so it's not obvious.

he kisses her on the head!? lol where! XD i never noticed this i must rewatch and pay attention XD are you sure it just didnt look like that when he wasnt? XD

lol edit i looked on the part of the ep in question, i dont think he does he just bends down to take the gun from her XD
Radadinator
QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Sep 13 2009, 12:50 PM) *
Ling's nipples (lol, from when they started to draw them on men in that anime?)

Ahaha, I noticed that too, but especially on Mustang in Episode 19. His nipples are as big as Chowder's.

Finally, Mei does some retanjutsu that's cool, and doesn't just use it to heal up Scar's paper cut.
I never really cared for the Xing guys in the manga, but I'm liking Ling more and more in this anime. It must be the combination of Chinese skills and his incredibly talented VA.
They did skimp on the gore just a bit in this episode, though, which I thought was a shame.
I'm assuming that Bones stuffed some extra Edwin in this episode because they've learned that leaving out Edwin details results in angry fangirls.

Yes, Volume 13 is here! I'm such a geek for dark/creepy things. Also Envy's VA is going to scare the crap out of me.
edo little kid
Kyaaaa this ep is best ep ever !!!!!!!!!<3333
EdWin scans , fight , Riza , Lan-fan , Mei-chan X3
Mei-chan was amazing hehehe X3
every thing was super Cool!!
Yaaay Edo with that nice shirt <33333
I cant wait subs!!!!!! 8D

Ah ! Gluttony too scary \>o</
I can't wait next ep!!!!!!!
I really can't wait !!
thunderbreak
i like this whole ep.i've gone through a lot of eps without at least complaint on some scenes (ie how the things are arranged/cut)but i felt that this ep is done very well on this aspect,and i got no complaints here.the whole episode feels smooth and you just want to follow up the scenes.but i do want to state that i dont remember much from vol12-13.music is great here.
there's a feel of awesomeness,warm,tense(when we see king bradley talks to winry scene-the atmosphere is tense,but more tenser for viewers than ed's),cute(panda and may)
Al vs Scar
we have some fights and talks b4 ed saves al.quite a nice scene over that,but i dont remember much up until may's scene cos too much is going on.
it's cool how may saves scar.it's REALLY COOL to see her throw the kunais and using her feet to draw the circle.and nice meeting with Ed.
scar's va-hey ,he voiced as gabriel too,the Gabriel at automail shop--that's really something.btw the scene are nicely blended with first her worries and the assurance from gabriel's shop that she's really useful.
i like the scenes where winry go back to train station.the atmosphere there is quite nice,and ed's speech is fantasticly done by paku romi.also winry's last line is quite subtle & without being cheesy.i guess the animation helps too.

Ling's
the speech by ran fan is very well done,and nice trick is played on bradley.when i saw the hand move,i almost forgot she tied the hand to a dog.and it's really cool how ling handles gluttony-some awesome martial arts.
miyano is amazing,and so does nana mizuki.

riza's lines are well delivered here to.i'm glad riza wore glass scenes are not deleted( & the panda food chain scenes too),and the interchange between her and mustang(that scene is quite nice)
and i like the scene
side note:just realise that ling worry over ran fan scene is actually parellel to roy worry over havoc's,and ranfan learn from ed on breaking the arm smile.gif .
and what's the thing ,eh ?just starting the gundam 00 series and uh lockhon & setsuna?it's not really a replica of gundam but it feels weird that they says hello how are you that sort of thing :)even though they both done a good job on this
The ep ends with gluttony's eyes and Riza says "nani".quite a nice ending

preview
the best part,i think is where roy & co running XD.
Mr. Deathy
You know as much as I like this episode, does anybody else HATE Gluttony in this show?

It's not just his voice for me, for some reason his design looks off to me as well. I just don't get the same vibe from him as the manga. Part of it might be the skin tone.
Mhacy
the episode was wow!
im really amazed on how the anime handle this part..
edwin moments was so touching...it tugs my heartstrings..xP
edo looks so cool with the new dress..can't wait to see the sub..
RanFan....T_T
Mei-chan looks so awesome with her entrance xD
Mindy
Saw the RAW and absolutely loved it.

Squee'd during Ling hog-tying Gluttony. XD

Sorry, Ling, but I think May had a flashier entrance. D:
penguintruth
Here are some more thorough thoughts about episode 23:

I enjoyed some of the action that went on, especially since Alphonse did some pretty neat things. I don't think Scar should still be giving them this much trouble, but that's all right. It was cute seeing May spring into action, and the aftermath that had Alphonse with Xaio May. The only thing is, the food chain joke doesn't quite work if the lil' thing doesn't bite Ed's finger first. Still, adorable. Ed even mentioned Alphonse picking up a cat once and raising it inside himself and it reminds me of the first series or all those jokes in the 4komas.

Mamoru Miyano (Ling) performed very strongly in this episode, as did Nana Mizuki (Ranfan). I've stated that I don't really care for the characters themselves, but the voices are doing a fairly good job making them tolerable for me. I especially love the callback to Ed's trick during his battle with Ranfan, it really tied together what Ranfan was thinking.

I'm sure EdxWin folks were just eating this episode up with a spoon. Winry is another character I don't particularly care for, nor do I see the necessity for romance in the story, but the scene at the train station was still very well done, so I can't complain too loudly. I do wonder what sort of conversation she was having with Fuhrer King Bradley in that room, though. ("Do you like melon?")

I thought they ended in a pretty good place, but knowing what happens next, they may have missed their chance to end an episode at an even better place. Then again, I have a feeling that will be the half way point in the next episode.
Jen_Elric
I thought this episode was really, REALLY well done. The pace of the episode wasn't fast, and they seemed to have kept everything in.

LOVED the EdxWin moments! I did get nervous that they would take out Ed's line ("The next Time you cry, it'll be tears of joy!!"), but they must have known that it was important.

May chan rocked! Her Rentanjutsu was fast and awesome!! I especially loved how she drew the pentagram with her foot!

Ling and Ranfan were great. I loved how they had Ranfan remember Ed's arm trap, and tied it with her own trap. AndI'll always love Ling (I really liked that they kept the hog-tie Gluttony part).

Gluttony getting blown up and regenerating was graphic, but I liked it!! It was actually cool to see his bones regenerate.

Awesome! they kept the Food chain manga gag!! Xiao mei is soo cute!! Though, I did miss Xiao mei bitting Ed's finger.

One of my favorite manga parts is coming up!! The next episode is already looking promising!!!

zonkiethegreat
OMG...I CANNOT WAIT for the next few episodes!!! This was one of my top favorite parts in the manga!!!

The episode was pretty good, I don't think its a favorite but it was good.

The pacing was great, and I love LanFan and Ling!!! I can't wait seriously, this is going to be soo good! biggrin.gif
Kyelinn
Okay I just watched the episode and OMG so amazing! The anime is really starting to get good and pick up from where it was lacking. Also, it DID look like Ed kissed Winry on top of her head before handing the gun to that officer. All the EdxWin moments though, they were just perfect! I'm so glad they didn't cut out Ed telling her the next time he made her cry she'd be crying tears of joy. I'm also happy they didn't cut out Winry realizing she's in love with him. That made me soooo happy! biggrin.gif I can't wait for next week's episode. x3 I've been anxious for the Gluttony swallowing Ed, Ling and Envy arc. Gonna be awesome! Also, Ed looked amazing in this episode! o_o He wasn't drawn strangely at all this time around. Woot! And poor RanFan. ;_; You could almost feel her pain. She definitely sounded agonized. I really have no complaints in regards to this episode. Props to you, BONES!
Rainshine
I loved this episode!!

I loved the part where Gluttony blew up.
He was just like :3 and then he exploded. XD

The edxwin moments were cute, even though I'm not really a fan of edxwin.

I love Ran Fan even more after this episode. sleep.gif

I can't wait for the next episode where gluttony eats ed, ling, and envy!!
Tombow
<Program Note>

Guys, this thread is supposed to be episode 23 CONTENT DISCUSSION thread. Please avoid filing up the thread with "are subs out yet?" type posts. XD we all know that posting "are subs out yet?" would not help speed up the coming out of the subs, right? XD

Anyway, I moved a bunch of posts from this thread with "subs out yet?" "subs are out!" "Is it download?" "Is it stream?" etc. etc. to Where to watch the episode thread so that people coming to this thread to read & post CONTENT DISCUSSIONS don't have to wade through a whole bunch of "where is the sub" posts. From now on, please post these type of "where can I watch the episode?" discussions on Where to watch the episode thread. smile.gif

==============

~ Thank you, and now please get back to the discussions on the content of this episode. biggrin.gif
Nzm
The episode was really good. I liked the action and much EdWin ;p. The storyline was very similar to manga, but I'm glad to see it animated. I am wondering, however, about the director - befire airing the first ep he said that he wanted to make Brotherhood less violent than original FMA and now he makes an episode with grenade exploding inside Gluttony and Ran Fan's severed arm being tied to a dog xD (I have absolutely no problem with it though). Anyway, can't wait for the next episode with this whole Gluttony - fake gate thing.

And about Ed kissing Winry - I watched the scene three times and didn't see it. Some EdWin people are over-sensitive ;c

PS. I hope the subbers will be faster next week.
Kasumisty
QUOTE (Nzm @ Sep 15 2009, 09:56 AM) *
I am wondering, however, about the director - befire airing the first ep he said that he wanted to make Brotherhood less violent than original FMA and now he makes an episode with grenade exploding inside Gluttony and Ran Fan's severed arm being tied to a dog xD (I have absolutely no problem with it though).

From were did you get that info? I'm positive he said that they wanted to make this series darker and aimed for older audience.

Btw: An ADAPTATION cannot be made without ADAPTING things - as violent as they were in original version
Sannom
I don't think Scar should still be giving them this much trouble, but that's all right.

The man is a trained warrior with speed that is rivaled by only a few characters, physical strength from his very tall and braod stature, experience from the destruction of more than a dozen State Alchemists (who are adversaries way more dangerous than the Homonculi), etc. Of course he would give trouble to anyone!

And about Ed kissing Winry - I watched the scene three times and didn't see it. Some EdWin people are over-sensitive ;c

But we admit our mistakings tongue.gif
Vagrant
Seemed a bit weak to me. I got into some of the exciting action and such with Scar and Ling with Gluttony, but yeah.

And I can say with some certainty that rereading the manga will put it in an even worse light.

Also Edwin stuff is crazay.

(on a somewhat less focused note; is it just me or have regular episode commentators Kiara, guy-with-Envy-manga-avatar, Winterchanterelle and the person with the dog not been around lately?)
Krokgard
Very good, as usual lately. Alphonse's gigantic alchemic arms rule.
Oh, I have always wondered how could Ran Fan cut her arm with that mini-knife.
Kasumisty
QUOTE (Krokgard @ Sep 15 2009, 03:40 PM) *
Very good, as usual lately. Alphonse's gigantic alchemic arms rule.
Oh, I have always wondered how could Ran Fan cut her arm with that mini-knife.

Well, it was very sharp kunai. Moreover, I guess her arm was half cut off by Bradley (that's why she said in manga she doesn't feel it anymore)
Nzm
QUOTE (Kasumisty @ Sep 15 2009, 10:38 AM) *
QUOTE (Nzm @ Sep 15 2009, 09:56 AM) *
I am wondering, however, about the director - befire airing the first ep he said that he wanted to make Brotherhood less violent than original FMA and now he makes an episode with grenade exploding inside Gluttony and Ran Fan's severed arm being tied to a dog xD (I have absolutely no problem with it though).

From were did you get that info? I'm positive he said that they wanted to make this series darker and aimed for older audience.

Btw: An ADAPTATION cannot be made without ADAPTING things - as violent as they were in original version

Maybe I'm mistaking things, but I think I've read an interview with him where he said that he wanted to make it less dark and more humourous. I have no problem with violence in FMA - some parts of it are about war, conspiracy and authoritarian military state - and you can't talk about seriously without violence. And I like the dark feeling of it. Anyway, if I'm right about this interview, it means that the director has failed ;D.
Forsaken Love
he has failed considerably XD particually since neally everything thats been cut has been all the humor, the only major violent scene that was cut was ling and ranfan vs homunculi round 1
Nzm
Well, about humour: it's still funnier than FMA1, which cut almost all the humour.
Krokgard
QUOTE ("kasumitsy")
Moreover, I guess her arm was half cut off by Bradley

Oh yeah, I never thought about that... you're probably right.
Mistress of Misery
It seems like the episodes have been fairly good for the past few weeks. Dare I be optimistic? =O

I would probably complain more about Brotherhood if I were reading the manga alongside it, but I'm not that much of a nitpicker. xD; From an anime-only standpoint, this episode was pretty good. The pacing felt fine and the art wasn't screwy, for once. Voice acting was very good...and I've gotten adept at ignoring the subpar music. Action scenes were cool and the more tender moments were suitably heartwarming. In other words, this episode has accomplished what it set out to do.

I feel like an idiot for not noticing until now the parallels between Ran Fan's arm and Ed's arm from their fight. xD; It was great of them to mention that in the episode.
Sannom
Maybe I'm mistaking things, but I think I've read an interview with him where he said that he wanted to make it less dark and more humourous.

Well, it is less dark huh.gif More gore doesn't make it darker in my opinion, but the optimism of the characters, the way they still keep to their convictions, how they evolve toward more positive thoughts (look at May for example, the simple fact that there is someone caring and worrying for Scar makes him somehow a lot less dark), all this makes it "lighter".
Chiyo
QUOTE (penguintruth @ Sep 15 2009, 03:15 AM) *
...nor do I see the necessity for romance in the story...

In theory you are right, but one of the things I always believed was that there would be a reason eventually in the manga for bringing it up...otherwise I agree (even though I love it) in such a series it does seem needless.

They are playing on it a lot though, as seen in this episode with how they've made Ed seem more interested than he was in the manga. There may yet be purpose that we don't know about, you never know.
Dearheart
But see, that's one of the many reasons I appreciate FMA so much. I'm not much of an anime geek, but from what little I've seen, there tends to be two extremes: either there's tons of action and NO romance whatsoever (unless it's some busty Mary Sue or something), OR there's the kind of romance that's all sparkly and blushy.

FMA stands out because it has a good balance of plot/action and character development, and when there are hints of romance (like Royai and EdWin), it isn't shallow or cutesy or lustful in any way. Arakawa doesn't do that to you. She just makes it very down-to-earth, quiet, deep and real (and occasionally very funny. Chapters 70 and 84, anyone?) I love that. That's the kind of romance I've always liked. When Winry admitted she loves Ed (both in the manga and in the latest awesome Brotherhood episode), did you notice something? She didn't get all blushy or embarrassed or anything like you usually see. She just got a very thoughtful, faraway look on her face. There weren't any fireworks or butterflies or sparkly bubbles - just a calm and slightly bemused acknowledgment of the fact that the relationship between her and her best friend is getting deeper. What's wrong with that?

And while romance is never really NEEDED, it is a nice way to explore and develop the characters. People get attracted to other people sometimes; that's just how we tick. It's only natural that some of our beloved characters grow into it, too. And it's not like FMA will suddenly drop all the action and adventure and turn into some kind of pink, sparkly, mushy shojo thing just because Ed and Winry like each other. Sheesh! tongue.gif
Forsaken Love
i agree, its one of the reasons i adore fma, imo no story is complete without a good romance, for me character development is VERY important, if you dont care about the characters, if you dont worry about them for the sake of other characters, you end up not caring for them when they are in danger and the plot becomes boring, (for the same reason i hate it when people dont ever die either) but i love action and indeapth plots and im not keen on overly blushy lovey dovey unrealistic romance, so fma is like perfect XD
edxwinryfan
When Winry was admitting she loved Ed they subbed it as "I was in love" ( in love that is a past tense...)shouldn't it have been more along the lines of the manga, something similar to "Maybe I've been in love with him from a long time ago"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.