Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which Female Character (manga/anime) Is The Most Bad-arse?
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > FMA Character Discussions
Pages: 1, 2
Fotia
Just wonderin, what do you guys think is the most badarse female character out of these three?

[first poll ><]
Rainshine
I voted for Olivia Armstrong just because... she scares me. xD
biggrin.gif
Kaori Ayanami
Izumi. She's good at alchemy AND fighting.
kkg22104
No offense to Riza, but she really doesn't stand a chance against Izumi and Olivier in terms of bad@ss-ness tongue.gif Anyway, my vote went for Olivier, but I love Izumi as well biggrin.gif
CodenameElizabeth
Olivia Armstrong.

/thread.

XD
Mindy
Pretty tight race between Izumi and Olivier (....kinda confused about her name -- thought it was Olivia??) You can't turn around in that manga without a shoe or a sword flying in your face from both of them. laugh.gif
Forsaken Love
Olivia...just XD Izumi is awesome too! Hard choice between the 2
Turdaewen
Riza may be my favorite character of all, but she's not really a 'bad@ss' woman. She's quite centered, but she's just to sweet. Izumi and Olivier are FAR more bad@ss... and I still think Oliver is even more than Izumi. XD She's brutal. lol
paperstars
Izumi. I think it's the hair. tongue.gif
Animeoldtimer
I say Izumi. Mainly because she kicks butt even when she's coughing up blood.
Dearheart
Izumi. Because she's made of pure awesomeness, she kicks serious butt and she gives all of us moms and housewives a good name. biggrin.gif Granted, I'm not a mom yet lol...but I hate it when people look down on homemakers. I mean, seriously. Raising a good family and keeping your marriage healthy are the most difficult, important and rewarding jobs on the planet. GIVE HOUSEWIVES SOME CREDIT, DANGIT! tongue.gif

Ehehe, sorry. Didn't mean to start ranting on that... *sheepish* I'm done now. XD
Mindy
QUOTE (Dearheart @ Sep 11 2009, 07:06 PM) *
Izumi. Because she's made of pure awesomeness, she kicks serious butt and she gives all of us moms and housewives a good name. biggrin.gif Granted, I'm not a mom yet lol...but I hate it when people look down on homemakers. I mean, seriously. Raising a good family and keeping your marriage healthy are the most difficult, important and rewarding jobs on the planet. GIVE HOUSEWIVES SOME CREDIT, DANGIT! tongue.gif

Ehehe, sorry. Didn't mean to start ranting on that... *sheepish* I'm done now. XD

I'm not a 'housewife' because I do work an outside job (or two..) but AAAAMMMEEEN! XD I keep our apt. clean and everything organized while Hubby goes to college and works. *WHEW!*

And Izumi's muscles come from scrubbing dishes and washing clothes... not from training tongue.gif
zonkiethegreat
Easy. Hands down its Olivier (or Olivia??). I LOVE HER. She is the ultimate female bad-arse in FMA. I can't wait to see her in the anime! biggrin.gif
hand-made-city
I'd say Izumi.. even Olivier was impressed with her during the fight against Sloth. And if Olivier is impressed... well... Izumi just gained a level in bada$$.
Hagaren_4ever
Well, Izumi has already proven to top Oliver when it comes to being bad-@$$. But, I think I might also want to consider Ran Fan. I mean, she cut off her freakin' arm.
Vicious74
Ran Fan should definitely be in the poll as well.

But regardless, my vote definitely goes to Olivier. The most badass women, period. Izumi may be stronger, but to be a true badass you need more than just strength, and Olivier definitely has it.
Illuminating-Darkness
So Olivier Armstrong XD
Riza doens't stand a chance against her (no offence)
Billea_the_Turtle
Oh, that's easy. Olivia Armstrong. Izumi is pretty badarse too, but Olivia still tops her.
crazyanimefan
I voted Riza, mostly because I like her better (XD completely irrelevant to the actual quesiton, I know), but yes, I would have to agree that Olivier is pretty much awesome and rather terrifying at times.
Winry Rockbell~
Umm, sorry, but these three that you picked are no match to Winry. She's definitely the most incredible female character in FMA. *nod*
Dearheart
Umm, sorry, but these three that you picked are no match to Winry. She's definitely the most incredible female character in FMA. *nod*

It's cool that you think that way, but in all fairness, that's not what the poll was about. tongue.gif

I agree that Winry is a great character, but I don't think she qualifies as being "bad-arse". Is she feisty? Yes. Bad-arse? Not quite. I mean, she doesn't go around flaunting her girl-power and kicking people's butts all the time; that's just not the type of girl she is. And I'm cool with that. smile.gif That's actually why I find her a breath of fresh air. Riza and Izumi and Olivia are all awesome, but seriously...how many "bad-arse" woman does FMA NEED? It's nice to have a somewhat normal female role included in there, too. tongue.gif
Hotmustard
No one can beat the Snow Queen. She is cold, tough, intelligent and skillful. That's why she climbs up to general rank and possibly becomes a Führer.
Mhacy
Lol...no doubt it's Olivier though I really love Riza but Olivier looks way cooler than her..and she's the best description for badass^^
Mindy
But even Olivier was amazed when Izumi catapulted Sloth into the air wink.gif
Broken Chouchou
QUOTE (Hotmustard @ Oct 11 2009, 01:15 AM) *
No one can beat the Snow Queen. She is cold, tough, intelligent and skillful. That's why she climbs up to general rank and possible becomes a Führer.

THAT. Would be awesome. Oliviera as Führer.

I have to agree though, she is the baddest, toughest character in FMA, not just amongst the female ones. And she is kinda... cute? In a dominating way xs
Billea_the_Turtle
QUOTE ("Broken Chouchou")

I totally agree with you. Olivia would make a kickass Führer.
Tombow
My choice got to be Olivier. She is one of a kind. XD

QUOTE (theanimalmafia @ Oct 18 2009, 02:28 PM) *

I totally agree with you. Olivia would make a kickass Führer.

*Cough* You can vote "Olivier for Fuhrer" on Who would make the best Fuhrer? thread, and talk about "Olivier as Fuhrer" there. biggrin.gif
Irena
I like to think that Olivier and Izumi are pretty equal in terms of badassery. Some people that Olivier is superior, but don't forget that Izumi matches Olivier in fighting prowess despite missing several organs. ("Izumi used Blood Barf! Bad Guy A is hit!")

When it comes to physical fighting power, Riza may be at the bottom of the list, but she's strong in a different way - having as much faith and loyalty as she does in someone like Mustang (you have to admit, Olivier probably would have killed him) is quite a feat.

As for Lanfan . . . she sliced her own arm off. What more is there to say?

I guess I can't pick because each character is awesome in her own way. Let's just say that Olivier + Riza + Lanfan + Izumi = UNSTOPPABLE POWAH
Sannom
I have to agree though, she is the baddest, toughest character in FMA, not just amongst the female ones. And she is kinda... cute? In a dominating way xs

I think I would be sorry for the poor guy she has a crush for laugh.gif
Jealous Rogo
Can't help but notice Ran Fan missing from this... and Lust...

I voted Olivier Armstrong because... hell do I even need to give a reason?

Olivier has been badarse since the minute she walked into the manga, insulted Ed about twenty times, treated them like crap, got in a tank and blew up Sloth. And she's only gotten more badass since. She's one of the few manga female character's in existence whose strength is not usually over-shadowed by a stronger male character (I'm not counting her brother...)

As for the other two choices, both fine choices, but neither stand up to Olivier much in the bad-arsery department.

I may have just outed myself as a raging Olivier Armstrong fanboy... ah well is better than when I was a raging Alex Armstrong fanboy O_O
Broken Chouchou
QUOTE (Irena @ Oct 18 2009, 04:48 PM) *
As for Lanfan . . . she sliced her own arm off. What more is there to say?

People tends to do that a lot in animes, don't they? xP

@Sannom: Yeah... *shudders* But maybe, purely theoretically, maybe she has a softer side? That she hasn't shown to anybody? (Yeah, right xD)

BirdieNumNum
As much as I love Hawkeye, I wouldn't call her a bad arse. She's a lot of things- tough, loyal, dedicated... but bad arse? I dunno. She's just too... nice.

It's a tough call between Olivia and Izumi, but in the end my vote went to Izumi.

It's not every day you see a housewife in a shounen getting to dish out all kinds of ownage that Izumi does. Plus, Olivia's expression when Izumi chucked Sloth in the air was priceless laugh.gif And if Olivia is impressed, that says something biggrin.gif
whippersnapper
Olivier. I loved the way she bluffed to the Fuhrer regarding the murder of the general who went to Briggs, she just kept her cool. And she's tough physically too (she totally pawned her brother huh.gif )

Also, the highest ranking female officer we've seen so far besides her is 1st Lieutenant (Riza and her friend Rebecca), and Olivier's a Major General already O.o That's 6 ranks above Riza, that's gotta mean something about her bad-arseness.

I like Izumi's "I'm a housewife!" bad-arseness as well, but Olivier scares me just a bit more laugh.gif

Jeneration
As much as I love Riza and Izumi, I'm going for Oliver Armstrong on this one. Close tie between Izumi and Oliver though.
Aribelle
Olivier, definitely. Although Izumi is a close second, if not tied with first. I love Ran Fan and Riza but I feel like they don't even compare XD
xxangelchanxx
Umm either Olivier or Izumi.
EniviD EiraM
It's Psiren ...

She's soo vain and so selfish... She only fool people to get what she desires and doesn't care for the others.. she keeps on telling that she's trying to help but truth is she is soo SELFISH !!

dry.gif

Izumi isn't that really bad... She is just disciplined that's all but even she's fearful and violent(sometimes), she still has a heart.. the heart of a mom
Causmicfire
Despite how close it was between Olivier and Izumi in my mind, Olivier got my vote. Not only is she physically strong, but also mentally, and quite the strategist.

Izumi does get credit for how tough she is despite the fact that she used to cough up blood every so often.
alicechen
I only saw Izumi and Riza so far. Izumi, that woman gives future husbands a good scare alright. Her husband is a sweet man although he's a butcher! She always gives me a small heart attack when she coughs up blood in the middle of a fight.

Riza, I love her loyalty to Roy Mustang and the crushes they have for each other. biggrin.gif

Aww, Ran Fan is not on the list? I adore her! I'm a loser for characters that are willing to sacrifice their lives for someone they respect/love. When I thought she died, I screamed at my laptop screen, "No, not yet!"

Although I would like to see Winry here, she stands no chance against these baddies. tongue.gif

Fullmetal666
I'm surprised that no one said Lust. In my opinion Lust was the most bad-arse female character. She was willing to hurt alot of people to get what she wanted. Plus she killed a whole townfull of people.
Katya Martin
It's all a matter of situation; Riza doesn't stand up to Izumi or Olivier quite as much because once she runs out of dakka, she's in trouble. (Though tripping your superior in the middle of a fight is pretty leet mad awesome as well.) Izumi's dealing with her missing organs at all times, so she's almost more tough than the other two. I think the prize goes to Olivier, though; she's a frickin' METAPHORICAL BEAR with a SWORD and doesn't afraid of anything. (Well, the other two don't afraid of much either, but Olivier's just... scary.)
RoyxRizaFan
Olivia all the way. Because she is pure badassery. Izumi and Riza put down their guards at moments, but Olivia pwns 24/7. I would never say no to that woman...she'd probably chop me up before I could beg for mercy xD

As for the anime, there were no bad arse female characters xP (I'm exaggerating, but not as much as you'd think...)
hawkflame

I'd have to give it up to Izumi Curtis. Major Armstrong's reaction to Izumi tossing Sloth into the air says it all.
Luxuria-Cat
I was torn between the three, Riza is so precise and endurant and Izumi is so take-charge-aggressive and battle-worn from life and Olivier is...Olivier biggrin.gif

But I think Lust is really badass too. In both of the series, in the manga she fights without breaking a sweat until the death and manages to get out strong last words, and in the anime she defects from Dante without being to reluctant about it, setting off to become human and validate her humanity no matter who or what comes along. She's a hell of a fighter in the anime too...and about her humanity, she's got more of it than some of the actual human characters XP
chichering
Are you kidding me? Izumi is so bad-@ss that she can easily beat up the other two with a flick of her wrist!
rosieechan
Definitely Olivier. *nods*
While Izumi comes as a close second, like someone else said, she's scary.
I mean, who would you be more scared of when you meet them in real life, Izumi or Olivier?

Izumi has some sweet moments, like the time she hugged both Ed and Al, but Olivier...she's just downright the Ice Queen and badass.
Dark-Winds
Totally Olivier =)

Being the Major General in charge of Briggs. Totally awesome.
iAmjelly
I love Riza to death but I still wonder what she's doing up against Izumi and Olivier.

I reckon Izumi's the most Bad@ss character though. She's an effing housewife and kicks butt on a regular basis. That's gotta count for something.
Envy's Lady
I'm surprised that Lan Fan isn't on the list. I mean she can kick asses and sacrificed her arm to save Ling. What's more badass than cutting off your own freaking arm?

These other females in FMA are also badass: Izumi, Olivier and Riza.
PwnedByPineapple
I'd have to say Olivier, with Izumi an incredibly close second and Lan Fan as third.

Olivier is just terrifying, and she rules freakin' Briggs. However, Izumi is a killer housewife, which is just awesome. And Lan Fan cut off her own arm. She needs to be up there.

Still, the Ice Queen pwns all. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.