Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adaptation For Volume 15
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Anime
Gimpyhair
Since the beginning of the new serie, we have seen many Ishval flashbacks. After hearing about episode 22, (showing us flashbacks with Scar's brother and the death of Winry's parents) I'm starting to wonder what will be left for volume 15.

On the Ishval arc we have:
- Roy and Riza's story (with Hughes)
- Scar and his brother's story
- the Rockbell's story
- the philosopher stone's story (Marcoh, Knox, Kimbley, Envy, etc.)
- the military's story (Bradley, Fessley, the capture of Roug Roa, etc.)

Is the Ishval arc going to be in one or two episodes? Are we going to see more Scar and Rockbell flashback or is it all we are going to have?

What do you think about all this?
Forsaken Love
I just wish they'd leave the order of events alone _ I havnt seen the newest episode yet, but I'm preparing to bet that's all we'll have of winry's parents and scar, considering how brotherhood sure likes to skip events, but I'll have to see whats in it first, is the part where scar's bro sais 'theres something weird about this country's alchemy!' and gives scar the book in there? Dunno yet XD but I can form a better opinion when I see it, we also had the roy and hughues part earlier, all these curious scenes, used before hand, as far as i can see they're gonna be hard to piece in the timeline of the longer flashback later on but I guess we'll see, and since Greed was just 2 eps i wouldnt be at all surpsied if volume 15 was also just 2 episodes
Mr. Deathy
Ever since they animated the Hughes scenes for Mustang's dream sequence I've been wondering how they'll handle the Ishval flashback.

This episode made one thing clear to me....they wont show it in a complete form. The parts that have been animated throughout the series already will not be shown again. I'm not even sure exactly what they WILL show. I figure they'll at least keep the Roy and Riza stuff in at that point but most of the war scenes are very "optional" in regards to the overall storyline and I'm sure the anime team will have no problem with cutting out stuff they feel they dont need.

I'm sure the flashback will be one episode at most now anyway when and if it still happens..
TheSentinel
Someone in another thread mentioned turning the Ishval flashback into a full movie. That of course would be unlikely, albeit awesome.

The Flashback certainly can't be anything less then 1 episode. Too many things to tie into it.

Elements still needed to be included:
- Roy + Riza's history
- The Philosopher's stone
- Kimbley's full introduction

Elements that I would love to see expanded upon / included, but probably aren't strictly necessary for plot (from Bones point of view):
- The reason Roy's considered a hero
- Roy recruiting his staff
- Bradley's emphasis on genocide ('evidence' for the future revelation about where and why these 'battles' have been taking place)
- More of The Doctors Rockbell

Ultimately as long as they do it well the length is irrelevant.

So far I've been impressed with the flashbacks. The one in ep. 22 was really good. The way bones' flipped the whole Ishvalan's have red eye's around by showing scar's flashback as black and white with Amestrian Blue eyes was really well done.
Thalogens
Hmm, I think they might show just snapshots of the previous memories, like freeze frames, when Riza explains everything. If they cut out the Roy/Riza history... there will be murder.
x_x
I need to re-read the manga, I've forgotten almost everything that happens... ;_;
penguintruth
Like I've been saying... full-length movie! Unlikely, I guess, but wouldn't that be neat? Volume 15 is a FMA volume that deserves all of Bones' best animation.

There's still material for later, like the stuff with Fuhrer King Bradley and the Ishbalan high priest, Armstrong's breakdown, Kimbley talking to Roy and the other soldiers about how its their job to kill, and the bit about the Rockbells turning down a chance to go home.

But I hope they revisit the scene they flashed back to in episode 10 when Roy resolves to become the Fuhrer and Bradley's looking right down at him. Bradley's thoughts are great.

"He's looking right at me... no, beyond me."
Mr. Deathy
Well after watching the sub of 22 I'm at least sure this is all they'll have concerning Scar and his Brother. They specifically added in Scar's brother saying that the country's alchemy is strange in a way that suggests they're not going to be animating the other scenes with him doing research.

I suppose though that's something that wouldn't make logical sense to be told by Knox, Marcoh and Hawkeye anyway so the later flashbacks might focus more on the stuff to do with them.

I wonder how many Kimbley scenes will remain. A big part of why the Ishval flashbacks exist I think is to properly introduce his character prior to where he's reintroduced into the storyline.
amestris_star
I'm really looking forward for all of the flashbacks, and the snippets they're giving here and there e.g. in the initial episodes, in Episode 10 and now this one, are all increasing my anxiousness into seeing it all animated - starting from where Riza is actually narrating the whole thing to Ed. Well, I'm anxious to see all of the flashback sequences where Roy and Riza are involved, but the Ishval one I'm really really looking forward to.

As sad as it may be, I think it'll be epic stuff.
Kale Mustang
I'd personally love it if the entire arc was 3-4 episodes long - just to be able to do all of the characters justice. With all of the little hints we've gotten, it'll be nice to see - especially since they now have the added element of Isaac.

And like penguintruth, one of my favorite parts of the Ishval arc was when Bradley realized that Roy was looking past him, and decided to keep an eye on him from that point on.
thunderbreak
i like all of the volume 15,include the part where wrath issue the decree.
it might be:
normal episodes
movie
OVA
special 2 ep( like naruto's kakashi gaiden)-ie 2 ep broadcast at one day.
TheSentinel
QUOTE (thunderbreak @ Sep 7 2009, 08:02 PM) *
i like all of the volume 15,include the part where wrath issue the decree.
it might be:
normal episodes
movie
OVA
special 2 ep( like naruto's kakashi gaiden)-ie 2 ep broadcast at one day.

My money would be on normal episodes.

That said...

QUOTE (penguintruth @ Sep 6 2009, 05:47 PM) *
Like I've been saying... full-length movie! \

Mr. Deathy
You know I'm utterly positive it's only going to be one episode, if they even do dedicate an entire ep to it and don't just use flashbacks throughout the show.

Certain things aren't going to be reshown just for the sake of a few good lines being added in either, they've skipped plenty of good dialogue in the show so far and it wont stop now.
Bag of Magic Food
The pessimists were right! The pessimists were right! I'm necrobumping to show you all that the pessimists were right!

...Sorry.... This topic just caught my attention as I was looking through old pages, as it's funny to see a prediction topic now that the episode has come out.
penguintruth
Maybe they'll have more flashbacks later on. But it still defeats the purpose of having this recent episode, anyway. There was a reason Arakawa had all those things together.

Perhaps somebody can take all the clips from Ishbal and paste them together.
Bag of Magic Food
That reminds me of when I read the part of the manga about the brothers' original alchemy training and realized that what was one giant flashback in the manga had been split up the same way in both anime series. The parts where Trisha died and they tried to bring her back were moved way up to become the second episode, while the parts where they studied under Izumi were left where they were for later on, when they revisit Izumi in the present.
Mr. Deathy
QUOTE (Bag of Magic Food @ Nov 1 2009, 11:28 PM) *
The pessimists were right! The pessimists were right! I'm necrobumping to show you all that the pessimists were right!

...Sorry.... This topic just caught my attention as I was looking through old pages, as it's funny to see a prediction topic now that the episode has come out.

I don't consider anything I posted to be pessimistic, simply realistic in terms of how they'd been handling the show up until that point. It's easy enough to guess how future events will be handled based on their handling of prior material.

Blind optimism without taking into account any facts when making judgements is what sets people up for the worst disappointments.
thunderbreak
QUOTE (penguintruth @ Nov 2 2009, 01:42 PM) *
Maybe they'll have more flashbacks later on. But it still defeats the purpose of having this recent episode, anyway. There was a reason Arakawa had all those things together.

Perhaps somebody can take all the clips from Ishbal and paste them together.

i have been thinking for this for a past few days.with the dvd for fma+ soundtrack ,i think we probably can patch things up like in manga.eg they cut up the part where roy says "riza!".well,roy has say "elizabeth" at end of ep 18,so if anyone with good audio edit skills can take out the ri-za part out since japanese's elizabeth is something like eri za besu.and the scene can put black,or simply color up the manga panel
just an example.i know not everyone likes that part,but what i am trying to point out is we can do that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.