Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fanfic Requests & Suggestions
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fanworks > Fanfics
Chiyo
As people via PM of opening topics have requested links to certain styles of fic I am going to open and sticky a thread specifically for requests so threads son't have to be opened.

So please post here asking for certain types of fiction (e.g EdXWin, Royai, EnvyXEd) and the links to them. I would prefer it if you posted links to your own fics or friends fics or at least try and get permission from the original author.

I also suggest if you wish a scene to be written for you to ask here, I know some people have difficulty writing even when they have something pictured in their head. Although I cannot guarentee you will get a responce its worth a shot! Some writers find it flexes their writing arm if they try and write someone elses theme for them.
Anomia Grey
*shamelessly abuses of unpopular thread* anyone knows any good fic centered on Hohenheim? or post-CoS fics focusing on historical stuff. or anything that takes place in Xerxes or Xing biggrin.gif Unlimited volume of tea to be granted by the Tea Alchemist that I am upon fulfilment of request ^^
Causmicfire
Dailenna of fanfiction.net has a couple fics that take place in Xing. Protector and Protected A fic which looks at the relationship between Ling and Ran Fan.
Xing Celebration DayTakes place on the day the Xingese celebrate their empire, also some LingxRanFan in there.
Another Xing related item. A brief tour of Xing, by some Xingese members of the RoyAi Forums. Museum, training grounds, stadium, and palace garden are covered.
Anomia Grey
Thanks Fire! biggrin.gif I'll look into them!
Funkyduck
I'm looking for some good Royai and Edwin fanfiction. I haven't seen much of it, but I'm really in the mood to read some.
Popogeejo
QUOTE(Funkyduck @ Mar 5 2008, 11:02 PM) *
I'm looking for some good Royai and Edwin fanfiction. I haven't seen much of it, but I'm really in the mood to read some.

http://www.fanfiction.net/
Funkyduck
Thanks!
Animeoldtimer
I'm looking for manga centered Edwin fics, preferably up to current chapter of 81 or even beyond. Thanks. biggrin.gif
WeiS Blitz
Does anyone know of any good mangaverse fic centered around Envy? Preferably of chapter 79-onwards?

Rating, genre, pairing don't matter. I just want to see if there's anything out there.
State_Alchemist.ATOMSK
I would like to know if it's ok, by the admins and mods here.
if i simply posted, my story on a thread.
I'm not sure how exactly, to go about doing this.
since i dont have athority, on this stuation..
But i'd like to post this..
in a some what, screen play format.

it's not much to the extent, of the original creator.
but i think it makes for a great read.
- thanks for you're time. -
i've added a listing for ost as well, in accordance to each sceene.
- basied from the anime, and the movie. -

- A grammer artist is welcome to help me, if possible. -
Chiyo
^its just simply new topic, and post your story, just try and be neat with the layout so its easier to read and if its a script say so and perhaps have stage descriptions instead of just speech.
State_Alchemist.ATOMSK
not so much my fortae`
but i'll make the adjustments.. and then post a simple prelude, to the story.
there is sceene disscriptions. but not as indepth as most would perferr.
but, also.. an ost list, is provided.
- for the one's who own, the music. -

I believe this still need's work..
and i'll do so, as I go along..
thank you, so very much.
Racheakt
I stumbled on the idea a few days ago...

Envy x Rose.

Wild huh? Can anyone do it? The impossable indeed!

Can anyone do it? Quality fics only, remember.
mlle
Anyone know of any good manga!Hohenheim fics? Preferably no pairings or maybe some light Hoho x Trisha at the very most. I'm not really into romance based fics. All I can seem to find are Anime!Hoho fics and half of them involve disturbing pairings >_<.

I'd also be interested in fics involving Father (and for the love of all that is good, no pairings at all for him >_< Let's not even go there >_< )

Also interested in m!Marcoh fics. I haven't really seen any of these... Knox would be interesting too, as well as Jude the Blind Alchemist. I don't think I've ever seen any fics about them.

Okay I think I'm done now... >_> Thanks for pointing some of these my way if you can smile.gif
AlanSchezar
QUOTE (Racheakt @ Nov 28 2008, 10:06 PM) *
I stumbled on the idea a few days ago...

Envy x Rose.

Wild huh? Can anyone do it? The impossable indeed!

Can anyone do it? Quality fics only, remember.

That's a mighty tall order since Envy is diabolically evil and doesn't appear to love anyone or anything except himself. That and causing misery and suffering everywhere he goes. He's pretty much an irredeemable psychopath.

If anyone could love him, though, it would be Rose. She's probably one of the most selfless, courageous and loving characters in the show. I always thought it a bit of a shame that Ed never really let go of his obsessions long enough to realize her feelings for him. I do like EdxWinry better though.
Zenoseiya
I'm looking for any kind of crossover between the 2003 Anime and the Manga. Does anyone know where I can find such a fanfiction?
Chiyo
Could you specify exactly what you are looking for Zeno? Are you looking for manga only characters with anime only characters, or the same characters meeting their counterparts?

Merged with the appropriate thread.
Zenoseiya
QUOTE (Chiyo @ Aug 25 2009, 02:41 PM) *
Could you specify exactly what you are looking for Zeno? Are you looking for manga only characters with anime only characters, or the same characters meeting their counterparts?

Merged with the appropriate thread.
Both, actually. I mentioned "any kind" after all. Although I have a preference for serious fics and not crack ones.
Chiyo
That might be a little harder now the manga is an anime too, and there aren't too many exclusive 2003 anime characters who would be fiction worthy bar Dante and Sloth. All I can suggest it to look to older fictions, and if on fanfiction.net specifying two characters when searching...say Dante and...Father perhaps...that sort of pair.
Zenoseiya
The only kinds of crossovers that I can think of involving both the anime(s)/manga would be either a literal crossover (the two separate universes colliding or connecting) or a more figurative one (combining the two universes to make a third AU). Honestly, there's probably very few of these kinds of stories, but it would make a good challenge. Is there any subforum where you can post fanfiction challenges?
Tombow
QUOTE (Zenoseiya @ Aug 26 2009, 12:20 PM) *
Is there any subforum where you can post fanfiction challenges?

Unfortunately, we can have only so many subforums on our board, and no we don't have a subforum set aside for "fic challenge." ^^ But, this sounds interesting, and if you would like, since you already seems to have some very specific ideas, how about you post these fanfic ideas of yours here in more specific details, and maybe some of our awesome fanfic writers get his/her muse going? And then, they can post the resulting fanfics in this forum. smile.gif (hope Chiyo can agree. ^^)
Zenoseiya
QUOTE (Tombow @ Aug 26 2009, 01:56 PM) *
QUOTE (Zenoseiya @ Aug 26 2009, 12:20 PM) *
Is there any subforum where you can post fanfiction challenges?

Unfortunately, we can have only so many subforums on our board, and no we don't have a subforum set aside for "fic challenge." ^^ But, this sounds interesting, and if you would like, since you already seems to have some very specific ideas, how about you post these fanfic ideas of yours here in more specific details, and maybe some of our awesome fanfic writers get his/her muse going? And then, they can post the resulting fanfics in this forum. smile.gif (hope Chiyo can agree. ^^)

Sorry, I just realized I was posting in the "Fanfic Request" forum, which is precisely what I looking for. Anyway, I've done a search and found a grand total of two.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2678014/1/Anime_Vs_Manga << a comedy crack fic where the main characters of both verses compare notes or match wits and fists.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5303887/1/Never_Let_Go << this mentions Dante and Father in an infodump unrelated to the story, but is actually a Fish Out Of Water Plot where Manga!Edward ends up in Naruto!verse, and the aforementioned infodump is poorly explained.

Anyway, here's my challenge/request, which is designed to be as open as possible:

QUOTE (Zenoseiya)
In the most basic sense, a serious crossover between the 2003 Fullmetal Alchemist anime and the original manga (the video games and novels are optional additions). This will probably be accomplished most easily by having the two alternate universes literally colliding (aka the "standard scifi alternate universe crossover plot", as seen in many scifi tv shows), or if the author values a challenge, somehow combining elements of the two to create a unique third alternate universe (aka continuity reboot or ultimate universe), or any other creative improvisations.

If using the "standard scifi alternate universe crossover plot", the plot can take place at any point in either timeline of the series (although it would be most prudent to have the two timelines be "synchronized", that is, the first half of the anime occurs roughly parallel to Volumes 1-7 of the manga), and the author should preferably mention exactly when the story takes place for reader convenience, especially if the respective timelines are "out of sync".

The story should also demonstrate knowledge of the two series (aka the author has to be intimately familiar with the complete anime, the movie, the manga up to now, and any other miscellaneous information that would be relevant to the plot, although this should be a given for any fanfiction writer). Aside from that, the plot can be practically anything, as long as it is coherent, serious, maintains the "flavor" of the series (no out of character behavior, no nonsense tacked on, no original characters, etc), and does not contradict previous material except for where required by the crossover premise.

Is this good enough?
Elle-chan
My fanfic page

Or

The ones i posted on this forum

The true story of the miniskirt line(Hopefully soon i can draw the manga version)
and
Edward and Roys Proposal

Enjoy
MsLinn
I'm currently reading the most amazing collection of brotherly Ed&Al short fics. Ever.
A Hundred Ways to Say You're My Brother
Read them for the love of God. It's a lot of angst (she can make me cry on command) in the middle but lately she's written many happy fluffy ones too (that also makes me cry).
I especially recommend chp50 Fingertips, since it takes place in manga chapter 90 and therefore recently in episode 50 (or 49?). It's beautiful.
Maromi
Ummmm, I'm not sure if I should ask this here, buuuut...

I once read I Royai fanfic that was also the author complaining about CoS. Now, I like CoS, but I really laughed at this. She called it either "Conqueror of Shamwow" or "God <Freaking> bye lost <freaking> heaven. It starts out with Roy having a nightmare. It's okay if no one can find this, but I'm kinda obsessed with looking for it (or anything Royai) right now.
Nagareboshi
Maromi, I've found the fanfic you've been looking for: http://community.livejournal.com/shewhohat...633.html#cutid1
Anomia Grey
Quick question: does anyone know any [good] fanfics about post-FMA Pride?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.