Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chapter 41 "Regular" Discussion Thread For First Time Readers (and Others)
Fullmetal Alchemist Discussion Board > Fullmetal Alchemist Discussions > Fullmetal Alchemist Manga
Pages: 1, 2
Queen of the dammed
First time FMA manga readers, please post your thoughts and discussions on chapter 41 here. smile.gif

For info about the "Reading Reference", go to page 5.

====================
ARRRRRG!!!!! ONE MORE DAY OF WAITING!!!!!! SO AGRAVATING!!!!!! AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGG!!!!!!! So, since it's going to come out then we might as well have a thread for it.... tongue.gif

<Last updated by Michiyo- on Mar. 13, 2011>
cilipadi
the raw for 41 is out~!!

http://photobucket.com/albums/v370/jewbagel/FMA_ch41/

*waiting for translated version*
a bemused passerby
Oh dear. Now I have to resist [I]looking[/I.... darn. Too late.
dalpengy
i just saw the raw... & although i can't read japanese OMG!!! WHAT A CLIFFHANGER! THAT WAS SUCH A CRAAAAAAAZY ENDING!! ...WOW....
RoyxRiza BigFan
>W< havoc still in the game...

oh last page...oh oh

Spoiler: (Click here to Display)

>W<
Vx Tao Ren xV
Nyahhh!! The cliffhanger!!! @_@

Ikeni
QUOTE(Vx Tao Ren xV @ Nov 11 2004, 01:39 PM)
Nyahhh!! The cliffhanger!!! @_@

Wait a sec.. Winry's parents were killed by Scar's brother? ::is confused:: Or maybe I read it wrong or something....

You're kidding me.. have we seen Scar's brother before in the manga? Erm.. can't read Japanese.. now have to wait for scanlation. Darn.
Vx Tao Ren xV
I dunno.. I kinda forgot.. T_T

hunterxkazu
good thing I'm japanese smile.gif
this is my lucky day
dalpengy
oh hunter *ahem* you're such a great person do you think you could tell me what happens chapter 41?? pretty please?
a now-not-so-bemused passerby
Gah... The temptation not to click on those spoiler boxes is overwhelming... I can't read Japanese!!! *Ties self to foot of bed* Must... not... click...
Oh my.. Scar killing Winry's parents, imagine that. That'll make for one grudge match against Edward the next time they face off. biggrin.gif

Sadly, Edward should still be on the losing end against Scar, the way he lost in book 2.

Whatever's the case.. EdXWinry fans rejoice! tongue.gif
Another Anon
Anyone knows where I can find the translated version? I'm dying here.... x.x
Chibi Viki
i've been looking at chap 41 raw scans and this is what i understand so far:

Queen of the dammed

// Rolf: plz use spoiler tags smile.gif
hunterxkazu
actually its pretty simple really I didn't read chapter 40,39,38,37,36,35,34,33,32,31,30,and 29 since I couldnt'y download it so you guys are gonna have to tell me the story after president king bradlry starts fighting that hsomething guy
RoyxRiza BigFan

queen: what a great idea to kill scar..again (can't imagine the look when being self combusted with dynamites) rolleyes.gif but then...poor roze... sad.gif
Kihaku
I'm not clicking those alluring spoilers.. no. I will wait patiently for the scanlation.
And try not to peep at this topic too much. It's safe to talk about the chapter openly when the scanlation is out?
dalpengy
dragonflame327
QUOTE(Kihaku @ Nov 12 2004, 01:46 PM)
I'm not clicking those alluring spoilers.. no. I will wait patiently for the scanlation.
And try not to peep at this topic too much. It's safe to talk about the chapter openly when the scanlation is out?

Yeah, I agree. Not everyone likes to read the raws...do keep anything about it in that spoilers invisibilty thing hmm? Though I have seen the first few pages due to suspense.
hmm look what yebyosh wrote on animesuki

QUOTE("Yebyosh")
Well... good news and bad news.

Good news:
I have received the scans ( quite bad quality though ) and translated and edited them 100%.

Bad news:
I am not releasing them yet because all manner of raws out there ( except the entire Gangan raw ) lack the title page! Hence I do not know what the title of this chapter is

Anyway, today is the day I pop down to Kinokuniya to pick up my Gangan, so the scanlates will be released later in the day

Based on the first look through of chapter 41,
1. Bunny is so cute!!!
2. The final pagel of Maria's journey was quite touching.

anyone wants to start a countdown clock?
what's the title of chapter 41 anyway?
Ninie
Great!
Queen of the dammed
I shall sit paiently for yeboysh's scanslations....
Chibi Viki
and I shall sit patiently for chapter 42

on animesuki,

QUOTE(Yebyosh)
The group gets to hammer out the controvesies over the Maria Ross affair and Edward gets a brief discussion with the Ishuvaruns over mutual acquaintances ( of course, knowing Ed, he always had to knock someone's head in at the start )... Of course, we shall remember Bunny...

Chapter 41 : The Fetters that Pledges Make

its up on anime-source now
hunterxkazu
QUOTE(hunterxkazu @ Nov 12 2004, 05:28 AM)
actuakky its pretty simple really I didn't read chapter 40,39,38,37,36,or 35 since I couldn'y download it so you guys are gonna have to tell me the story after president king bradlry starts fighting that hsomething guy

can I get a tip?
Ninie
QUOTE(hunterxkazu @ Nov 12 2004, 12:28 PM)
actually its pretty simple really I didn't read chapter 40,39,38,37,36,35,34,33,32,31,30,and 29 since I couldnt'y download it so you guys are gonna have to tell me the story after president king bradlry starts fighting that hsomething guy

http://www.anime-source.com/banzai/modules...tegories&cid=20

They're all here.
dragonflame327

Woot for chapter 41 and god DAMMIT, I hate that ending page. No dialouge what so ever, no "I hate you, you bastard!!" or anything along the lines of "I'm sorry."
Shiroi
I worship people like Yebosh. Anime-Source finally posted a translation!

Kihaku
Yay! I read it at last and then... another long wait...
dragonflame327
Felidae
QUOTE(Shiroi @ Nov 14 2004, 12:07 AM)
Is it just me, or was that the first time someone ever called Ed a bean and got away with it?  O.o  Then again, Breda looked about ready to kill.

Actually... Izumi called him a 'shrimp' or something like that before and got away with it, too. ^^
(well, of course she got away with it...)

Hmm, I don't know why, but for some reason I thought this chapter was rather short blink.gif

And this cliffhanger... X__x It's really the same as always. *sigh* Another month of waiting, another month... There will be something missing in my life when HagaRen ends. XD
dragonflame327
^ Agreed. I'll really miss this manga after it concludes...or maybe the mangaka...who's name I can't seem to remember, will be nice and create a "After that..." manga or something of the like, since there will always be people who attempt human transmutation. I'm definitely going to look up other works.^^ And keep an eye out for more. Why am I think the name is Awarashi?
Ninie
It's Arakawa (I'll be doing an oral presentation on her in english happy.gif)
Chibi Viki
Hiromu Arakawa-sensei is the mangaka of FMA

anyway

RoyxRiza BigFan
Queen of the dammed
Pah! His anime counterpart is weak and easily faltered!!!!!!! (WTF am I saying???) Weel I'd like to see Ed's reaction when he fights Scar next time.... BTW
Chibi Viki
yeah, i agree... Scar definitely kicks more ass here than in the anime!

Eric Li
http://groups.msn.com/FullMetalAlchemist

you can read the manga here without downloading it biggrin.gif
Eric Li
chapter 41 hasn't come out yet on this site but has all the other chapters
Chibi Viki
ahehe... we're still waiting for that other scanlator, evil genius, to unleash his version of chapter 34-41. bryantq prefers his over yebyosh.

honestly, i didn't like yebyosh's translation on this one... i barely understood some of his sentences. i know he's trying to stick as close as possibile to the original dialogue, but...
are you talking about his first version or second version?

i noticed that the one up now on anime-source has some differences with the one up on saturday. yes, so i read it a few times. what else to do when you are bored tongue.gif
Haroken
Um this was a dumb post. I edited it. *erases form memory*
Virtue
otarsus
I go to http://www.anime-source.com for translated FMA

They have chapter 41 now
Chibi Viki
i must disagree w/ you, virtue... remember, Scar of the anime and Scar of the manga are 2 very different characters. We still don't know what Scar of the manga is capable of doing, unlike his softhearted anime counterpart.

and of course his face has changed... he's got this really big scar between his eyes now, after all and possibly an injury from the war.
Queen of the dammed
For some reason I think Arakawa will make Winry know Scar well first and THEN make her find out... (God... what AM I thinking!!!!)
Kihaku
That would be dramatic...I don't think very likely though... how would they cross paths then?
I like the anime Scar better! *Starting to change her opinion of certain character*
RoyxRiza BigFan
scar looks like those streotyped black people by white man story @___@ no offense
AoiSora
This is not related, and should actually go in the Chap 40 thread.. but no body seemed to have scaned the cover of Gangan comic last month. Our favorite Military officers are on it laugh.gif .. oh and the Elric brothers too...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/Aoi...gangancover.jpg

Now if she was just a little bit closer....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.